Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Then check the spacing on the road wheels. M1 has a larger gap between the two wheels under the driver's position, the M60 has no gap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Then check the spacing on the road wheels. M1 has a larger gap between the two wheels under the driver's position, the M60 has no gap.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

theres a strong possibility that at least some of those tanks are m60s tho

6 road wheels=m60-2000
7 road wheels=m1 abrams

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Mad Dragon posted:

At first, I thought you were talking about machine guns. Which made this

hilarious.
That's what I thought too. :shobon: Realized what he meant right after I hit submit, but the mental image was great.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

:stare: huh, I'll be damned - I never knew this was a thing. I learned something this morning.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Someone put together an hour long video of Donetsk Airport getting destroyed, apparently in chronological order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viYLLmi4Mk4

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

That star hat makes me think the guy was going LARPing and things got way out of hand

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Pesticide20 posted:

That star hat makes me think the guy was going LARPing and things got way out of hand

Probably not too far from the truth.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

lol

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Pass the Loctite, comrade!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

In the full video he actually runs away back to cover after picking up the scope instead of shooting more.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I like that the obvious Russian propaganda still manages to show how awful Russia is at everything

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

https://www.funker530.com/royal-marines-strapped-to-apache-helicopter/

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Oct 18, 2015

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Stalin would be purging fools like mad

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The book about this by Ed Macey is really good.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

In the full video he actually runs away back to cover after picking up the scope instead of shooting more.

bro you gotta look legit when youre spraying and praying down the street

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

This leads me to wonder that if on deployments you tie down all your optics and lasers and whatnot with 550 cord

leaning heavily towards Yes based on observations of nods/optics frequently falling off at OCS and ABOLC

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Mustang posted:

This leads me to wonder that if on deployments you tie down all your optics and lasers and whatnot with 550 cord

leaning heavily towards Yes based on observations of nods/optics frequently falling off at OCS and ABOLC

How many of those were because the guy didn't tighten the screws all the way? You should be able to hurl a rifle and have none of the Picatinny-attached stuff fall off unless you physically break the clamp or screws.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
No idea but probably every single time, never had any problems with stuff falling off myself but there was always a few guys with poo poo falling off whenever we used them.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Like, if you're really worried you can get an Allen wrench and tighten them until you can't unscrew them by hand.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
it's usually the clamps get out of tolerance. I can't remember if the rails themselves are 6061 Tsomething or 7075 aluminum, but the rails will eat into those lovely clamps because they are a softer material. Next thing you know they'll fall off with a bit of torque.

And then the threads on the clamps tend to stretch a lot, so the first person who really cranks them down pretty much ruins it for everyone else.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Mustang posted:

safety wire optics/lazers to weapons

dummy cord all serialized gear to your body

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011
I used to despise tie downs but then a bunch of people doing landnav had to do hands across Area J looking for a M203 some idiot lost in a swamp. Thank god I wasn't there but I don't see anyway to tie down a 203.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

BaconAndBullets posted:

I used to despise tie downs but then a bunch of people doing landnav had to do hands across Area J looking for a M203 some idiot lost in a swamp. Thank god I wasn't there but I don't see anyway to tie down a 203.

The only way I can think of is tying off of the trigger guard which just seems incredibly stupid and therefore likely

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
safety wire around the front mount point

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BaconAndBullets posted:

I think a functioning brain will help more than paracord for an M203.

"Huh, why is my gun suddenly lighter and feels different when I put my hand on the front? And what just fell on my foot?"

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Put cord right through the barrel of the 203, you ain't getting no rounds for it anyway

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Goddamn, a tube of blue Loctite is like a dollar or something.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Naked Bear posted:

Goddamn, a tube of blue Loctite is like a dollar or something.

Seriously. Also don't over tighten your poo poo. That's what makes the clamps fail in the first loving place.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST
The Rebels are employing new tactics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrbxwKHDbdU

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Whyimnotterriblyafraidofrussia.gif

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

cult_hero posted:

Whyimnotterriblyafraidofrussia.gif

If there's ever open war with Russia, none of us will get close enough to a Russian soldier for his aim to matter.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

The MI8 is the Timex of helos...takes a licking, keeps on ticking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46RiqY8JYm4

I love how the takbirs kinda taper off after a bit.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

:stare:

drat. Video title is accurate.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
If its any consolation to the dudes on the ground, everyone on that chopper probably thoroughly poo poo their pants.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
CHOOM ... CHOOM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q60yBQG8XI

...something something new call of duty looking good

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

PainterofCrap posted:

The MI8 is the Timex of helos...takes a licking, keeps on ticking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46RiqY8JYm4

I love how the takbirs kinda taper off after a bit.

Allah ackbar.... Allahu ackbar! ALLAHU ACKBAR!

ALLahu... Ackbar?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Chinatown posted:

If its any consolation to the dudes on the ground, everyone on that chopper probably thoroughly poo poo their pants.

And then they died!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrwHg3Ld3G4

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I don't believe that's the same video at all. I think it's from another helicopter that was shot down by a ZSU-23-2. That Hip hit by the missile flew away just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

A man-powered air defense system. :downs:

Edit: Yeah that's not the same video. We've seen that "second" part before, it was a different helo being hit. For gently caress's sake, there's a datestamp on it!

• Locked thread