Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

JawnV6 posted:

1200mAh
lmaooooo

what you use your desktop for more than 15 minutes at a time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

wait there's a display

maybe 5 minutes at a time?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

can't wait for january 15

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
shippments

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i will never understand what keeps kickstarter people from running basic spell checks on their slicked-up wannabe-professional image poo poo

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
is there spellchecks for pictures?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Syncopated posted:

i guess i just assumed it was the kind of thing that would have been caught somewhere else but ctrl+f didn't turn up any other instances (misspelled or otherwise) on the page itself so eh whatever :o:

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Syncopated posted:

given the number of times i've seen pictures that have red squiggly lines under the text, i'm going to say "yes"

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Soricidus posted:

given the number of times i've seen pictures that have red squiggly lines under the text, i'm going to say "yes"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Syncopated posted:

if the app uses a cocoa textview on osx, spellcheck comes for free :smugdog:

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

cetification for alien technology

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

step 1. put lovely obviously doomed wannabe ipad on ks
step 2. watch money roll in lol

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Snapchat A Titty posted:

if the app uses a cocoa textview on osx, spellcheck comes for free :smugdog:

What a world we live in

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

So who backed this?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

oh that's pretty bana...... three hundred dollars gently caress man

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
alright which of you nerds did this

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/744538246/eve-online-control-panel?ref=category_newest

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

if i played eve a lot, i would think that looks pretty cool...maybe not 300$ worth of cool though

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://www.gofundme.com/tz6pm8gd

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Those of you with some programming background will know how significant it is that in the last four montha I've reduced the size of the NTP from 227KLOC to 98KLOC - a 57% slimdown.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

lol if u think i'll pay for a faster internet for you grandpa

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

:laffo:

Every time you use a Web browser, locate yourself on Google Maps, draw money from an ATM, or play on a game console, you rely on computer code I wrote and gave away.

:roflcopter:

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i wish esr was dead

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
i have a serious hangup about time synchronization, but i don't trust esr to fix anything

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

prefect posted:

i have a serious hangup about time synchronization, but i don't trust esr to fix anything
the best part is he's not even putting it up on his public git: https://gitlab.com/u/esr

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

well if that's the case I reduced ntpd to a 5 line shell script please give me a bazillion dollars

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

By contributing, you will be helping me repair one of the foundation blocks of the Internetted world - something you take for granted when it's there but would be disasterous to lose. It's not the first time I've had my finger in the proverbial dike, and almost certainly won't be the last.

:shudder:

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

isn't this like the third time he's tried this or is this the same gofundme

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Sweevo posted:

i wish esr was dead

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Vicas posted:

he also has a patreon https://www.patreon.com/esr

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

First, Obamacare killed my wife's full-time job and the health insurance that came with it. Then Obamacare drove personal health insurance costs into the stratosphere, so I now pay more per month on it than I do for my mortgage. $973 a month is what it costs us to go to a doctor, which is ridiculous and every politician who voted for this disaster should be hung from a lamppost. Until it's repealed or collapses, though, the money has to come from somewhere.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Vicas posted:

the first time he did this he didn't even pretend he had a project in mind, he just begged for money

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

anthonypants posted:

Those of you with some programming background will know how significant it is that in the last four montha I've reduced the size of the NTP from 227KLOC to 98KLOC - a 57% slimdown.

simple — It solves my use case.

opinionated — I don’t believe that your use case exists.

elegant — The only use case is making me feel smart.

lightweight — I don’t understand the use-cases the alternatives solve.

minimal — You’re going to have to write more code than I did to make it useful.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
when's the last time he saved us from the deluge? the terrible sendmail version that broke backwards compatibility, was widely unpopular, and tried to cathedral it in anyway?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

As a Millennial I posted:

First, Obamacare killed my wife's full-time job and the health insurance that came with it. Then Obamacare drove personal health insurance costs into the stratosphere, so I now pay more per month on it than I do for my mortgage. $973 a month is what it costs us to go to a doctor, which is ridiculous and every politician who voted for this disaster should be hung from a lamppost. Until it's repealed or collapses, though, the money has to come from somewhere.

guess his wife worked in the pre-existing conditions denial dept :)

that right wing small business board game kickstarter was the best, he was self-employed caring for a wife with MS and ranting about the evils of obamacare

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

:laffo:

Every time you use a Web browser, locate yourself on Google Maps, draw money from an ATM, or play on a game console, you rely on computer code I wrote and gave away.

:roflcopter:

honestly, what could that be referring to

like, mayyyybe giflib? that's all i can think of

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
oh, yes, it says it here: http://giflib.sourceforge.net/

"It is deployed everywhere you can think of and some places you probably can't - graphics applications and web browsers on multiple operating systems, game consoles, smartphones, and likely your ATM too."

i have never seen giflib deployed anywhere. mozilla wrote their own gif implementation, webkit has theirs too, gimp/gnome wrote their own

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

guess his wife worked in the pre-existing conditions denial dept :)

more likely he made the whole thing up because he's a lying racist sack of poo poo

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sweevo posted:

more likely he made the whole thing up because he's a lying racist sack of poo poo
he's not racist, he updated his hindbrain's human recognition template

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

http://www.informationweek.com/it-life/ntps-fate-hinges-on-father-time/d/d-id/1319432

tldr: ntp already has a maintainer who is working for peanuts and needs help, this makes esr's cash grab really reprehensible imo. he's basically trying to steal someone else's income for a fork of ntp that will go nowhere because lol esr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
richard stallmans gonna be at my school tomorrow wonder if i should ask him about esr grubbin money

• Locked thread