Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Drinking game:
Take a shot for each member of the arc-v cast that wears stripes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Thats-

thats-....

That's 18 shots. (and a half, that paper counts for something)
All I have is overproof rum.

I cordially invite you all to my funeral.
My coffin will be shaped as a sarcophagus and filigreed with gold.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I like Bakura's slightly new look. Him in the manga was always just this chill creepy nerd, so it's fitting that his face would get a bit chubbier.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

"Chill" eh?

Well I guess he did learn from the best.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

That's Mokuba. The guy said that Bakura looks more chill. That's the white-haired guy.

And yeah, Tea looks weird to me. Mind you, I haven't watched the original series in years.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Wow, I have no idea how I mixed the two up.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I kinda really like Yuya's classic shonen faith in everyone thing because that's what let him understand what Sora was trying to say instead of assuming he carded Yuzu and was waving her helmet to further break his spirits.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Was that some new music? And was it awesome?

Yes.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

What the gently caress Shinji? Yuzu crashed like 5 minutes ago and you're already like "no point being sad Yuya, let me use you as a stepping stone for our revolution". You've got some good points but show some compassion dude. I do kinda like how Yuya is in another duel where there is no way the audience is going to cheer for him, except this time he doesn't seem to care about it at all. Also, i'm looking forward to his new monster, i'm guessing it was that one which showed up in the intro. I'm glad it's not a Dragon.

Oh and Sora might be a crazy child soldier who delights who delights in the destruction of the weak, but he's still a good friend. :3:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Shinji is the most unlikeable character in a show where Crow Hogan exists

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
CUROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW HOOOOOGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN DAAAAAAAAAAAA

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Baal posted:

Shinji is the most unlikeable character in a show where Crow Hogan exists

Quiz guy.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The saddest thing is that Shinji doesn't even anger me anymore. Don't get me wrong, he definitely angered me during his duel against Tsukikage, but during this episode I just felt like falling asleep every time he opened his dumb mouth. He says "revolution" more than Kurosaki shouts "RURI". An amazing feat, no doubt, but a really lame one.

Just go murder the tops already, geez. Nobody cares about your endless (if justified) whining.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Shinji spent his whole first duel talking about how the Commons were stronger than they looked, and then he makes fun of Yuya for summoning a monster with low attack.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Justin_Brett posted:

Shinji spent his whole first duel talking about how the Commons were stronger than they looked, and then he makes fun of Yuya for summoning a monster with low attack.

This is gonna reach maximum :downs: when people poo poo on Yuya for using Tuning Magician next week, five minutes after Sergey used a bunch of 0/0 monsters to paint the highway with Yuzu's blood.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Just take another shot and forget.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

VJeff posted:

This is gonna reach maximum :downs: when people poo poo on Yuya for using Tuning Magician next week, five minutes after Sergey used a bunch of 0/0 monsters to paint the highway with Yuzu's blood.

To be fair Tuning Magician has a seemingly lovely effect.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The effect up on YGOwiki can't be the real one right...? Because if so, that is beyond stupid.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

The effect up on YGOwiki can't be the real one right...? Because if so, that is beyond stupid.

It could be a mistranslation I suppose, but it looks like that's what its effect is. I'm looking forward to them justifying what its "purpose" is. Though I guess a level one tuner is never really bad.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I decided to pick up Arc V from episode 777 (I've kind of been following this thread so I at least know what's going on and who everyone is) and the very first thing I see is Literally The Double X spamming the Twin Satellite Cannon a bunch.

I think I'm going to like this show.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

You should watch from episode 1 because Arc V is good. Also, because it's been surprisingly dense plotwise and if you've just been vaguely following the thread there's probably a bunch of details you missed.

Probably a bit impractical to quickly watch 77 episodes though. But I do recommend checking them out at some point, it's been a fun ride.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

BlitzBlast posted:

I decided to pick up Arc V from episode 777 (I've kind of been following this thread so I at least know what's going on and who everyone is) and the very first thing I see is Literally The Double X spamming the Twin Satellite Cannon a bunch.

I think I'm going to like this show.

Yeah go back to a Gongenzaka duel. His first opponent is a X-Saber player that basically plays solitaire on him.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also, because it's been surprisingly dense plotwise and if you've just been vaguely following the thread there's probably a bunch of details you missed.

It's a kid's show on a long runner budget, I'm sure if there's anything particularly important there'll be a flashback or some character expositing about it.

Also 76 was conveniently a recap episode so I feel like I'm pretty good on what's happening in the current arc. :v:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

It's a kid's show on a long runner budget, I'm sure if there's anything particularly important there'll be a flashback or some character expositing about it.

Also 76 was conveniently a recap episode so I feel like I'm pretty good on what's happening in the current arc. :v:

pfft. That recap was on only 25 episodes of 75, you missed double the amount they recapped in content. I don't think they even explained what Sora's deal was when he made his somewhat dramatic return that episode. :colbert:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It is a tuner though, you'd think at least the guy who uses Synchro monsters would guess that.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I am probably the only one here, but I think Shinji is one of the best characters on the show. His desire for retribution is a nice change of pace from the desire for a hivemind that shounen protagonists all want.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There is lot of irony in saying the dude who is trying to rally everyone into thinking the same thing as him is a fresh character and that the protagonists are somehow the ones trying to establish a hivemind.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Speaking of Shinji, was it just last episode or can the dude not go a sentence without talking about class warfare?

It was like Yuya was dueling a NPC with only two lines.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He always does that, it's his only defining characteristic otherwise you'd forget he exists.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"THIS ISNT THE TIME TO BE DUELING"
"THEN SAY THAT WITH YOUR DUELING"

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Baal posted:

There is lot of irony in saying the dude who is trying to rally everyone into thinking the same thing as him is a fresh character and that the protagonists are somehow the ones trying to establish a hivemind.

However, revolution and violence are the opposite of status quo and unification by its own inherent nature. Understanding Shinji as not a leader, but an instigator of a governmental overthrow first makes his use of community a means to an end.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You must've been quite a fan of the French Revolution, Slur.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Shinji's only interesting in that he's a failed rioter that's probably gonna be forgotten and abandoned as soon as he loses due to the nature of the city. It'll be cool if we see a bit of him after the lost and he realizes that, like last time, everyone just kinda forgot about his words a few minutes after his duel.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Baal posted:

You must've been quite a fan of the French Revolution, Slur.

Like a republican.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Shinji's only interesting in that he's a failed rioter that's probably gonna be forgotten and abandoned as soon as he loses due to the nature of the city. It'll be cool if we see a bit of him after the lost and he realizes that, like last time, everyone just kinda forgot about his words a few minutes after his duel.

Tragic.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

He's probably just going to ask Yuya to inherit his dream.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

He's probably just going to ask Yuya to inherit his dream.

"Please change society, Yuya.."
"I will make this a city in which everyone can smile, I swear to you."
"No, but the riots..."
"Smiles."
"Bees?..."
"No."
"gently caress this beephobic city..."

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlOInYn5-_0

I laughed.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

That is exactly what I needed.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Shinji is super fuckin' lame but Bee Force are cool and neat and I hope they get made into real cards for Shining Victories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

I do not like the video poster's casual racism in his video's comments section.