Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

tarlibone posted:

Yeah, we're only assured that they're brownies because Jerry and the dumbest Rick in the multiverse say so. I'm not sure that's the hill I want to die on. That brown stuff could be literally anything. Maybe it smells like brownies, but it's so massively poisonous that eating even one bite not only kills you, but all of your immediate relatives, too--even if they're thousands of miles away.

Well if it's any consolation, and if you're not a subscriber to the death of the author 100%, I remember that Harmon said that he wished they had made dumbest Rick make cupcakes instead of brownies to eliminate this "poo poo" ambiguity, because it definitely wasn't poo poo.

Last Chance fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Oct 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

johntfs posted:

That's true. He could be eating other people's poo poo.

You can't exactly dust for poo poo.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

you can with this new scanner, it looks waaaaaay up your butt

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

prefect posted:

He's only a dick to other Ricks that he has serious disagreements with. At the end of the Council of Ricks episode, he sees that Jerry is in love with the "dumb" Rick*, and says "I've got like ten Ricks to call." (Not an actual quote; just an approximation.) So Rick has Rick-friends.

He also invited a couple of Rick Councilmen to his party in Ricksy Business.

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o
Good show. Great finale.

Tellah
Aug 8, 2014

Last Chance posted:

Well if it's any consolation, and if you're not a subscriber to the death of the author 100%

I'm gonna stop you right there.

Also the poo poo ambiguity made the brownies funny. Without it all that remains is Jerry and ShitRick bonding, and there's no place for that poo poo in my cartoons.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Tellah posted:

I'm gonna stop you right there.

Also the poo poo ambiguity made the brownies funny. Without it all that remains is Jerry and ShitRick bonding, and there's no place for that poo poo in my cartoons.

Shrug, okay

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I didn't even make the poo poo/brownies connection, and I still enjoyed the scene because the idea of mixing a few chemicals together to have instant no bake brownies is entertaining enough.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

I didn't even make the poo poo/brownies connection, and I still enjoyed the scene because the idea of mixing a few chemicals together to have instant no bake brownies is entertaining enough.

I mean the joke is obviously that this Rick would use his scientific knowledge for something totally innocuous. Why would he use the chemicals to make poo brownies?

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
How would you even make poop, chemically speaking? a big part of what makes it poop is where it comes from. Otherwise it's just mushed up food with a lot of the nutrients taken out. You could just boil it for a day or two.. why am I even talking about this? drat this thread!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

QwertySanchez posted:

How would you even make poop, chemically speaking? a big part of what makes it poop is where it comes from.

Well, the same thing could be said of brownies. Brownies don't just happen.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
Thread: I have in my hand a court order, you're not allowed to talk about poo poo anymore.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I thought it was pretty clear that the other Ricks are just assholes, not that he comes from the poop eating dimension or something.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Dr_Amazing posted:

I thought it was pretty clear that the other Ricks are just assholes, not that he comes from the poop eating dimension or something.

It was clear, some people are just objectively really bad at watching television. It's hosed up but true.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

tarlibone posted:

Brownies don't just happen.

They do if you mix the right chemicals. :colbert:

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
I dunno about the rest of you, but where I come from you don't just casually throw out an insult like "he literally eats poo poo" if you don't have reason to believe it.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

He doesn't eat poo :(

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
It was probably just like, one time by accident. Like remember that time Snuffles Snowball became sentient and stuff happened and Morty poo poo himself and Rick got some in his mouth while putting the dream thing on his head or something? That probably happened in nice Rick's universe too, except all the other Ricks don't let him forget it ever, because gently caress nice Rick.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

QwertySanchez posted:

why am I even talking about [how to create actual poo poo]?

Because there is no new Rick and Morty for at least another year.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Just powered through the second season, and I enjoyed a lot more than the first, which suffered from a bit of hype for me. The only thing I don't like is those sad endings accompanied by a song, it always feels like they're trying to force an emotional pay-off when it doesn't necessarily gel with comedy.

e: But come to think of it, there were only two, so it's not even a big deal.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Oct 20, 2015

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They do if you mix the right chemicals. :colbert:

... ...

... OK... OK, now I know there's something wrong with this argument. Some bit of logic that's faulty. But I can't find it.

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

I would like to believe that Doofus Rick actually helped his Earth in some way, like finding an eco-friendly means to convert human waste into a delicious food source, and the other Ricks just can't help being giant dicks because he eats his own poo poo.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

QwertySanchez posted:

How would you even make poop, chemically speaking? a big part of what makes it poop is where it comes from. Otherwise it's just mushed up food with a lot of the nutrients taken out. You could just boil it for a day or two.. why am I even talking about this? drat this thread!

It's also a lot of bacteria by weight, so after boiling up that food be sure to leave it out for a couple of days before serving it to your guests.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...

Barbed Tongues posted:

I would like to believe that Doofus Rick actually helped his Earth in some way, like finding an eco-friendly means to convert human waste into a delicious food source, and the other Ricks just can't help being giant dicks because he eats his own poo poo.

This was pretty much my assumption, as well.

Plus, it means the other Ricks are technically correct. The best kind of correct.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Dan Harmon is the less crazy one, right? Because he's going off at someone named bird person on twitter and I have no idea. Like ten big scrolls of the mouse wheel down his timeline, 40+ tweets, and 2 hours all yelling at the same guy.
https://twitter.com/danharmon/status/656586203798634496

quote:

The only reason I can't literally bet my life on this person's inferiority is because no house would cover it.

quote:

this person will never do anything that will make anyone happy. This person is stealing time from us, and from God.

quote:

This is a person so loving... hold on my appetizer is here. one second.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Krinkle posted:

Dan Harmon is the less crazy one, right?

Ahahahaha hahah ah.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Krinkle posted:

Dan Harmon is the less crazy one, right? Because he's going off at someone named bird person on twitter and I have no idea. Like ten big scrolls of the mouse wheel down his timeline, 40+ tweets, and 2 hours all yelling at the same guy.

Dan Harmon is a garbage human being who occasionally makes entertaining things for television. If he's the less crazy one, I'd hate to meet the other guy.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I wish I could say this was unusual behavior for Harmon but it really, really isn't.

(Roiland is the normal one.)

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Neither of them are the normal one wtf.

Roiland is even more unstable more often.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I've never seem Roiland go on unprovoked rear end in a top hat sprees that way Harmon does but maybe I've just missed them.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Twitter is incredibly dangerous for celebrities. Like, it's just a constantly stream of bile coming towards them 24 hours a day. They'll have one lovely night and rant back, and the entire world will never, ever forget it. Most of them learn after it's happened once or twice and just stop using twitter. Celebrities delete their Twitter accounts like all the drat time now.

I didn't read the whole thing, but from what I saw, it's not much different from half the poo poo on SA, so whatever. I enjoy watching R&M, and if the price we all must pay for R&M to exist is that some guy on Twitter gets chewed out ever now and then, I can live with it.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

ChickenMedium posted:

Dan Harmon is a garbage human being who occasionally makes entertaining things for television. If he's the less crazy one, I'd hate to meet the other guy.

"Garbage human".

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Krinkle posted:

On his podcast, Dan has talked about Twitter. He used to harass people who gave him poo poo until they gave up and blocked him -- he took it as a mark of pride. More recently, he's been blocking people instead, but maybe he's backsliding into his old behavior.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Anyone angry or upset at Harmon "bullying" someone on Twitter needs to read https://twitter.com/fucktyler/status/285670822264307712?lang=en

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Krinkle posted:

The funniest part of that twitter meltdown is that he unknowingly adopts a Rick persona when unleashing the ownage on that one guy. Who knew Dan Harmon talks exactly like the titular genius of the show he helped create

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Doesn't really seem like a meltdown.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Yeah it's insanely chill?/badass? to freak out for 5 pages over a single comment that says his retarded rap idea isn't very good

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

No no, its not chill or badass. Just not a meltdown.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

KoRMaK posted:

No no, its not chill or badass. Just not a meltdown.

IIRC didn't this "not-meltdown" go on for around 2 hrs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

ITs really hard to tell the diff between a meltdown and a brainstorming session with him.

• Locked thread