Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
The bromwell's where they took the best tier 6 medium tank and made it churn out more credits right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Second best, after the T-34-85, which got the same treatment, but yes.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Agrajag posted:

lol jesus that loving code of conduct, gently caress that. it's almost like you have the midas touch, but instead of turning things to gold every clan you touch turns to poo poo and implodes.

I was not horrified by it until I got to the No Trolling section.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Their org chart is more complicated than my company's.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
an MMO community isn't really mature or main phase until it is a blue donut of corrupt poopsocker dictatorships

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

Edit: On a side note, if you are looking for a side game to relive some stress from WoT or AW, Killing Floor 2 is super loving satisfying.

I thought you were a Payday hardcore.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Green Dam posted:

I thought you were a Payday hardcore.

I am a rolling stone.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Mesadoram posted:

I am a rolling stone.

Papa?! I thought you were dead!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

Papa?! I thought you were dead!

Nope, just laid my hat down somewhere else.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Bleremiah posted:

The bromwell's where they took the best tier 6 medium tank, made it even better and made it churn out more credits right?
Yes. (The Bromwell has significantly better terrain resistance than the normal one, making it even more manouverable.)

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Shame I missed out on that, and the Rudy.

Bit of an irritating hour and a half of tanks. 7 defeats in a row halfway through, all but two where we're clearly starting to win in damage and kills at which point my team trickles one by one into the last group of enemy tanks. So desperate to get some kills.

At no point does telling them to wait for each other, go in together or flank have any effect.

Not helped by a fair few of them not having a great grasp of English, and me not having any grasp of malay/indonesian/the other 30 languages used on the SEA server.

Really liking the chaffee, fun little tank. Was liking the T1 heavy when I was getting a fair few top and mid tier matches, but it suffers from both being slow to respond to changes in the battle and also a tendency to be put in matches where the other 14 tanks go one way and still lose that flank. I'm not bitter.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Bleremiah posted:

Really liking the chaffee, fun little tank. Was liking the T1 heavy when I was getting a fair few top and mid tier matches, but it suffers from both being slow to respond to changes in the battle and also a tendency to be put in matches where the other 14 tanks go one way and still lose that flank. I'm not bitter.

Go with them and babysit them, keeping an eye on the map to time when you need to rush back to base. Don't trust shitlords to win when they have a massive advantage.

Also everything I've heard about the SEA server makes it sound worse than the NA West server, which is awful.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Essentially I've been spoilt by playing mostly high tier matches, and I've forgotten just how fantastic the average lower tier players are when you try and rely on them for loving anything.

Watching our full health VK just sit in the enemy cap circle, getting shot and not realising it'd be a good idea to move for the next five shots it took to die. Just impotently wiggling its turret. You were being shot in the loving front.

Not bitter.

Edit: Haven't played any other servers, what's NA West compared to NA East? So I can see where SEA sits.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Bleremiah posted:

Edit: Haven't played any other servers, what's NA West compared to NA East? So I can see where SEA sits.

At one point Me, Rossmum and some other dude won 18 straight matches on NA West with none of the games being close. Just tons of obvious bots and worthless players, mixed with triple stat padder platoons taking advantage of it all. It also has a low population leading to more hilarious matchups.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Not so much in the way of bots, but occasionally. Thing is, there aren't multiple servers, just an NA West + added language barriers.

Half the time the stat padder platoons turn out to be just as worthless as the average player, and it really makes you question just how good some of the greens and blues are.

Especially when I'm yellow. Last 1400 matches I've apparently been playing at a green level, and I make dumb loving decisions all the time. I can only do so well because everyone else is consistently worse. I should platoon more, a while back there was a chinese tech tree event and I randomly platooned with another yellow in a pair of Type T-34's. We won 10 matches in a row, every one with both of us doing at least 1k damage. Barest minimum of coordination and the other team is screwed. Ugh, enough of me making GBS threads up the thread venting.

gently caress, I should probably start from scratch on the EU server, my KV220T and other irreplaceables be damned.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
That ten platoon victory streak was some of the most fun I've ever had in this game. Finished undefeated. Should've just quit there and then. Think I'm either going to take another break. Maybe for another year, maybe forever.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Bleremiah posted:

I can only do so well because everyone else is consistently worse.

Story of my life. I'm one of the top players on NA and I frequently make game-losing mistakes either accidentally or intentionally when they're very funny. I don't understand it - when I was a kid I played video games and could actually learn how to do stuff, like go along the walls on Wolfenstein and find the secrets, and I wasn't awful at Unreal Tournament. People say it's children that make the game worse during the summer, but is that actually true? It'd seem like kids would be way better than the lovely fake military idiots or the older Hitler Channel watchers who cannot shut the gently caress up about how the Russian tanks are so overpowered while having an average damage of 566 in their Waffentrager E100.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

older Hitler Channel watchers who cannot shut the gently caress up about how the Russian tanks are so overpowered while having an average damage of 566 in their Waffentrager E100.

This is conclusively and emphatically the worst WoT demographic.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Hellsau posted:

It'd seem like kids would be way better than the lovely fake military idiots or the older Hitler Channel watchers who cannot shut the gently caress up about how the Russian tanks are so overpowered while having an average damage of 566 in their Waffentrager E100.

I'm genuinely amazed by how often I see cries of russian bias whenever I click on any of the regional forums for this game.

Just play the russian tanks then.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hellsau posted:

People say it's children that make the game worse during the summer, but is that actually true? It'd seem like kids would be way better than the lovely fake military idiots or the older Hitler Channel watchers who cannot shut the gently caress up about how the Russian tanks are so overpowered while having an average damage of 566 in their Waffentrager E100.
The thing about kids is that, in general, they suck at the game, and so a lot of them online will bring down the quality of gameplay. But the flipside is that, individually, kids will naturally pick up stuff over time through experimentation and curiosity. So they aren't destined to stay bad forever and some of them get quite good after playing for a year or so.

The wehraboos, on the other hand, will never learn anything because they think they know it all already and don't even want to get better. They've got a pile of excuses to why the game is preventing them from doing well. Like, if the German tanks were just as good as they were in real life, the invisible handicap that is preventing each wehraboo from being good will just evaporate while everyone else's skill stays exactly the same. They want the game to change to accommodate them rather than learning anything new.

gently caress em.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
nvm

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

The wehraboos, on the other hand, will never learn anything because they think they know it all already and don't even want to get better. They've got a pile of excuses to why the game is preventing them from doing well. Like, if the German tanks were just as good as they were in real life, the invisible handicap that is preventing each wehraboo from being good will just evaporate while everyone else's skill stays exactly the same. They want the game to change to accommodate them rather than learning anything new.

gently caress em.
I thought this was the typical American adult, not just Wehraboos?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Bleremiah posted:

I'm genuinely amazed by how often I see cries of russian bias whenever I click on any of the regional forums for this game.

Just play the russian tanks then.

They don't want to play tanks of the hated untermenschen choose easy mode.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Ensign Expendable posted:

They don't want to play tanks of the hated untermenschen choose easy mode.
yes, it would be impure and that's not how the game was sold to them anyway

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

Nordick posted:

Yes. (The Bromwell has significantly better terrain resistance than the normal one, making it even more manouverable.)

This isn't actually the case. Your actual turning rate is based on the terrain you're on (expressed in Passability or Terrain Resistance), multiplied by a hidden stat on the tracks, and then further multiplied by the increase in horsepower of your current engine over the stock engine for that tank. The stat that's displayed on the tracks info is actually what all that maths out to on solid ground for the stock engine and that set of tracks. You know, because Wargaming.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics#Hull_Traverse_Speed

quote:

The hull traverse speed or turn rate of your tank defines how fast your tank can turn its hull. It depends on the installed suspension and your acceleration.

Note that some tanks can traverse their hull on the spot (pivot) while others can only do it while driving forwards or backwards.

Although traverse speed is affected by both engine and suspension, in game tank specifications only show the change in traverse speed when different suspension is mounted, but not when different engine is mounted. This means that tracks info only shows values for stock engine, and it can be very confusing and misleading because some vehicles gain a lot of traverse speed by mounting stronger engine, but this change is not visible in tank specifications.

The Bromwell and the Cromwell are actually equally maneuverable (someone did tests when they were first on test center or with supertesters or some poo poo), but the Bromwell only has one engine so the shown traverse is what's actually there.

frood fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Oct 21, 2015

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Is this Halloween event the first time they did the whole "rent-a-tank" thing where you get a premium tank for a day or two before losing it?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Aside from the Rampage tier 10s, yeah. I believe there have been several events on the RU server including a chance at the IS-3 Auto, but my memory might be wrong.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Dvsilverwing posted:

Is this Halloween event the first time they did the whole "rent-a-tank" thing where you get a premium tank for a day or two before losing it?

I think there was an IS-6 rental a while ago, and the lovely tier 7 Bad Prince FV was a week long rental, but these 2 day rentals are pretty sweet. We get to play premium tanks and find out that I never want to play this loving Scorpion ever again.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

loving. Christ. I just tanked 19 hits in my quest for HT-12 only to find out that HE and HESH damage isn't counted as damage blocked, so only 11 of the hits actually counted despite none of the HE hits doing any damage. :wtc:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Wargaming

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

loving. Christ. I just tanked 19 hits in my quest for HT-12 only to find out that HE and HESH damage isn't counted as damage blocked, so only 11 of the hits actually counted despite none of the HE hits doing any damage. :wtc:

Wargaming.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

This is loving infuriating. People either refuse to loving shoot you or switch to HE.

EDIT: loving FINALLY. HT-12 and Wargaming can go suck a dick. It took 1 x T30 shot, 4 x IS-3 shots, and 3 x Rhm-B shots. The T30 switched to HE as soon as the first shot didn't pen. :suicide:

McGavin fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Oct 21, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

This is loving infuriating. People either refuse to loving shoot you or switch to HE.

EDIT: loving FINALLY. HT-12 and Wargaming can go suck a dick. It took 1 x T30 shot, 4 x IS-3 shots, and 3 x Rhm-B shots. The T30 switched to HE as soon as the first shot didn't pen. :suicide:

I need to bounce 3x my HP and get 3k damage in a tier 6+. I'm going back to the O-I and just finding a very stupid, stubborn, and poor JPZ4 to shoot me with a short 88, and then get 5 full HEAT pens. I cannot get people to keep shooting my VK4502B without just trying to snapshot the cupola or switch to HE or just give up totally and track me repeatedly.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

They need to change how blocked damage is counted.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Damage blocked from HE shots = HE damage reduction from armor for that shell. Hire me WG.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

And how will you factor in getting splashed by an arty shell.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

Damage blocked from HE shots = HE damage reduction from armor for that shell. Hire me WG.

So should HE shells that hit tracks give the same amount of blocked damage as HE shells that hit plate armor, or that hit the gun barrel and just barely splash for 2-3 damage, or what about shells that splash under you? If you had no armor you'd take more damage than if you had 150mm of armor on your butt of whatever.

How about just removing HE from the game because Wargaming cannot be bothered to fix it, which makes artillery even more stupid than it already is, and is a lovely mechanic to begin with because it just punishes players being bottom tier. Then again, Wargaming seems to be intentionally punishing players for being bottom tier already - derp guns are basically being rendered pointless against higher tier opponents, but incredibly brutal against tanks even one tier below the derp. The 183 is kind of brutal, hitting for 500-900 damage with HESH against other tier 10s.....but then it just oneshots almost every tier 9 and every tier 8 as long as it avoids spaced armor. The O-I does basically nothing against an IS-3 or T29, but it can almost totally ignore lower tier tanks' guns while oneshotting them in return. That's a lovely game mechanic. I understand Wargaming wants new players to rush up tiers and further poo poo up their game, thereby driving away the long term players, but this seems like a poor idea and it gets worse the more I type so basically

BadLlama posted:

Wargaming

e: spotting missions are poo poo, blocked damage missions are poo poo, cap/defense missions are poo poo. Stop encouraging toxic play. I should not be encouraged to not fire my gun due to needing to remain unspotted while spotting enemies. I should not be encouraged to not shoot an enemy tank, since I need their lovely gun to bounce on me. I should not be encouraged to not fire my gun since I need to farm 50 defense points. Shooting your gun should be the object of the game, even if the pubbies don't seem to agree.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Oct 21, 2015

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Hellsau posted:

It'd seem like kids would be way better than the lovely fake military idiots or the older Hitler Channel watchers who cannot shut the gently caress up about how the Russian tanks are so overpowered while having an average damage of 566 in their Waffentrager E100.

The WTF 100 line is on Top of the Tree discount again on EU. The forum has a thread dozens of pages long going on about how the waffle is underpowered. A few people concede it can be ok, but is really hard to play :psyboom:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Storm posted:

And how will you factor in getting splashed by an arty shell.

the damage that would be applied but is removed by armor is counted as blocked

Storm posted:

So should HE shells that hit tracks give the same amount of blocked damage as HE shells that hit plate armor, or that hit the gun barrel and just barely splash for 2-3 damage, or what about shells that splash under you? If you had no armor you'd take more damage than if you had 150mm of armor on your butt of whatever.

the damage that would be applied but is removed by armor is counted as blocked

i mean c'mon. they have to figure out this value to apply the damage reduction in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Darkrenown posted:

The WTF 100 line is on Top of the Tree discount again on EU. The forum has a thread dozens of pages long going on about how the waffle is underpowered. A few people concede it can be ok, but is really hard to play :psyboom:

The only way the WT100 is difficult to play is the difficulty in avoiding suicide while playing it. Either you want to kill yourself in real life while doing nothing playing the unfun lovely vulture playstyle, or you kill yourself in game by actually attempting to contribute. That tank being switched cannot come fast enough. Give me a German Obj. 263 and call it a day.

Prav posted:

i mean c'mon. they have to figure out this value to apply the damage reduction in the first place.

i don't know if wargaming knows how their damage model works