Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

deadking posted:

I got roped into playing fantasy football with some friends and I could use some trade advice since I don't know a ton about football, fantasy or otherwise:

Send:
Antonio Gates
Mark Ingram
Allen Hurns

Receive:
Drew Brees
Vincent Jackson
Duke Johnson

My Team:

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Tyrod Taylor
RB: Devonta Freeman, Frank Gore, Joseph Randle, Mark Ingram
WR: Allen Hurns, Marvin Jones, Travis Benjamin, Demarius Thomas
TE: Antonio Gates, Martellus Bennett

It doesn't seem like a great deal, but I'm not sure Taylor will be playing this week, so I'd like to have another QB and most of the even decent ones have been picked up already.

That trade looks like someone trying to scam a new guy tbh. Gates is producing like a TE1 after only 2 weeks and the Chargers will only keep throwing, Mark Ingram is way more important than Duke Johnson and Allen Hurns could do better than Vincent Jackson ROS. Brees doesn't look the same and you don't need him anyways tbh. If you need a QB just stream or get a better trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

deadking posted:

I got roped into playing fantasy football with some friends and I could use some trade advice since I don't know a ton about football, fantasy or otherwise:

Send:
Antonio Gates
Mark Ingram
Allen Hurns

Receive:
Drew Brees
Vincent Jackson
Duke Johnson

My Team:

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Tyrod Taylor
RB: Devonta Freeman, Frank Gore, Joseph Randle, Mark Ingram
WR: Allen Hurns, Marvin Jones, Travis Benjamin, Demarius Thomas
TE: Antonio Gates, Martellus Bennett

It doesn't seem like a great deal, but I'm not sure Taylor will be playing this week, so I'd like to have another QB and most of the even decent ones have been picked up already.

Nnnnnnnnope. Hit reject.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
That guys a dick for even trying that trade.

Attempting a trade rape on someone who knows a decent amount about football is one thing, but the new guy? gently caress that guy.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Maclin or Martavis ROS (standard)?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Splinter posted:

Maclin or Martavis ROS (standard)?

Martavis. Maclin is cool and good, but Alex Smith and Andy Reid are not.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Who's a better waiver wire QB pickup for this week, Stafford or Fitzpatrick? Also is it time to consider dropping Peyton? I picked up Cutler at the last minute last week and started him (won me the week) so i'd either have to drop Manning or Cutler for a QB this week as both are on byes.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

MakaVillian posted:

Who's a better waiver wire QB pickup for this week, Stafford or Fitzpatrick? Also is it time to consider dropping Peyton? I picked up Cutler at the last minute last week and started him (won me the week) so i'd either have to drop Manning or Cutler for a QB this week as both are on byes.

Stafford. He checks all of the boxes:

-A bad team that will need to score points to catch up
-A dogshit running game
-An elite #1 WR, good #2 WR, and good complementary pieces (Ebron, Wright, and Riddick)
-A willingness to chuck the ball

Fitzmagic checks a lot of those boxes too, mind you, but Ivory >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Joique Bell, and the Jets defense is really good.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
http://m.tmz.com/#article/2015/10/20/marshawn-lynch-drag-race-fred-jackson/

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

Bruh I been stepping on the gas the whole time.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Franks Happy Place posted:

Stafford. He checks all of the boxes:

-A bad team that will need to score points to catch up
-A dogshit running game
-An elite #1 WR, good #2 WR, and good complementary pieces (Ebron, Wright, and Riddick)
-A willingness to chuck the ball

Fitzmagic checks a lot of those boxes too, mind you, but Ivory >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Joique Bell, and the Jets defense is really good.

I generally agree with this, but it's worth noting that Fitzpatrick is absolutely dead set un giving Marshall no less than 12 looks per week. I keep waiting for the wheels to fall off of that but it doesn't seem like it will. Marshall's a possession WR so he seems to age well. Assuming this is a bye week fill, I would probably say Stafford because of what Franks said, but it might depend on match up.

Last week in two leagues I had Witten on bye, and I dropped him for Clay. Clay played well, and has been most of the season actually, as well as TEs who aren't Gronk can play. I have an opportunity to get him back if I want. It's FAAB but I can zero bid. Who would I want here? I feel like Witten gives me a better floor, but Clay might get 8+ looks a game as the main outlet valve for checkdowns.

also what's the thought about the FAAB valu e of Diggs? Is he worth dropping any of Andre Johson, Rishard Matthews, Crowder,, Baldwin, Mike Wallace, Ertz (these are potential players to cut across multiple teams, but I own some of those dudes in several leagues). I would think the only definite there is Wallace, right?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Hope it would never come to this, but drop CJA, Bradshaw or Matt Jones for a defense this week? Gonna hang onto Denver during their bye week. .5 PPR

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

THE MACHO MAN posted:

I generally agree with this, but it's worth noting that Fitzpatrick is absolutely dead set un giving Marshall no less than 12 looks per week. I keep waiting for the wheels to fall off of that but it doesn't seem like it will. Marshall's a possession WR so he seems to age well. Assuming this is a bye week fill, I would probably say Stafford because of what Franks said, but it might depend on match up.

Last week in two leagues I had Witten on bye, and I dropped him for Clay. Clay played well, and has been most of the season actually, as well as TEs who aren't Gronk can play. I have an opportunity to get him back if I want. It's FAAB but I can zero bid. Who would I want here? I feel like Witten gives me a better floor, but Clay might get 8+ looks a game as the main outlet valve for checkdowns.

also what's the thought about the FAAB valu e of Diggs? Is he worth dropping any of Andre Johson, Rishard Matthews, Crowder,, Baldwin, Mike Wallace, Ertz (these are potential players to cut across multiple teams, but I own some of those dudes in several leagues). I would think the only definite there is Wallace, right?

Keep Clay. Andre Johnson, Doug Baldwin, and Crowder if DJax is coming back healthy soon are the guys I'd drop for Diggs, probably in that order. Ertz definitely too, but depends on having at least one other top 15 TE option in that league on the wire. I would not drop Matthews or Wallace most likely, certainly not if those other guys are on the team too.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

That's one way of securing your starting job. Now...ONLY IF EDDIE LACY WOULD DRAG RACE JAMES STARKS

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Is Stefon Diggs for real? I am hurting at WR and am trying to decide how much FAAB Diggs is worth. I have Jordan Matthews, Kendall Wright, and Marvin Jones. I need someone who can at least put up ~10 points a game with upside. Is Charles Johnson coming back a huge question mark for Diggs? Is it worth paying for him anyway?

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Chronicles posted:

Because I basically have to leave one of Foster/Miller/Freeman/Peterson on the bench and I'd rather find a way to put more points in my starting lineup

This is the correct way to approach this. Bench players do not score points for you. Having one legit good bench guy for a position is fine. You have five rbs, the worst of which is at least a flex player. You could totally get fleeced for any one of those guys and still be ok. You probably have had as much as 30 points on the bench from your RBs some weeks while watching Megatron, Maclin, and Hilton all put up stinkers. Julio is a stud, but after that I don't think it's as good as advertised, and you have multiple ways to put forth a competitve offer for another legit WR1. Basically everyone you have after Jones are middle of the road WR2s. That's ok but you can do better.

I'd look to move Miller then Gio first, since I don't see them having a prayer of outscoring your other backs over the rest of the season. Freeman should be your trump card if you really wanna swing for the fences for Hopkins or some top 3 player, but I would only move him if the value reflected that he's the highest scoring RB right now. As good as he's been, I think AP is a more sure bet, and Foster, barring health, is probably better too because he doesn't have a threat. Freeman will always bee a bad game or two from more of a timeshare since Coleman was good to start the season. I'd try to move those other two first, maybe one of them + a WR2 for a WR1 and a bench player back.

RVProfootballer posted:

Keep Clay. Andre Johnson, Doug Baldwin, and Crowder if DJax is coming back healthy soon are the guys I'd drop for Diggs, probably in that order. Ertz definitely too, but depends on having at least one other top 15 TE option in that league on the wire. I would not drop Matthews or Wallace most likely, certainly not if those other guys are on the team too.

Thanks for the input. I figured Crowder's value is tied to Djax so I was looking there, and I honestly don't trust Andre Johnson all that much but he's tied to a good qb so I think he holds more value than those other two. I have Witten on that team with Ertz. That was my bye fill there, so that's a drop in one league for sure.

THE MACHO MAN fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 21, 2015

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Got an offer.

I give cooper, Cobb, and Christine Michael

I get Adrian Peterson, Crabtree, and duke Johnson j.

1 Ppr, mash Accept?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Cervixalot posted:

Hope it would never come to this, but drop CJA, Bradshaw or Matt Jones for a defense this week? Gonna hang onto Denver during their bye week. .5 PPR

Drop Jones

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Doltos posted:

Got an offer.

1 Ppr, mash Accept?

Definitely not mash. I'm kinda conflicted on it, definitely depends on your team make up. I'd probably lean towards no, but I'm not really looking to buy Crabtree or Duke, and not looking to sell low on Cobb right now. Try to drop one of Cobb or Cooper and one of Crabtree or Duke from the deal?

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Doltos posted:

Got an offer.

1 Ppr, mash Accept?

everyone needs to ease up on the "mash".

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

TommyGun85 posted:

everyone needs to ease up on the "mash".

Should I mash mash for mash in a 10 mash league that is mash PPR?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Which would be the better pickup in 1PPR? Delanie Walker or Jordan Cameron?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

I am starting Christine Michael as my RB2 this week.

I am leaping into the howling abyss.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Me too. Ride together, die together

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

old dog child posted:

:downs::respek::downs:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

old dog child posted:

My friends of the "Pick two WRs first" club, let us see what lies beyond the sunset

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I'm dropping Peyton (starting Flacco), sitting Matthews and Hill and plugging in Gurley and Decker. Mini overhauls from your bench are fun.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Me too man, LETS DO THIS!

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Accepted :smug:

Now let's hope for no veto, and it honestly helps him a decent amount getting Big Ben. Wilson's roof is bad.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

How do you guys feel about sending trade offers that are genuinely insulting

Like your team is 1-5 and your running backs are David Johnson, Karlos Williams and Ameer Abdullah, you're making roster moves every week, what is going on

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
TE streaming options on the wire this week are dire, advice (no ppr)?

Jordan Cameron vs HOU
Benjamin Watson @ IND
Jacob Tamme @ TEN
Dwayne Allen/Coby Fleener vs NO

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Doltos posted:

My friends of the "Pick two WRs first" club, let us see what lies beyond the sunset

RCarr posted:

Me too man, LETS DO THIS!

Starting him two money leagues. RB2 in a 0ppr and as a flex in a 0.5ppr (over SIMS!!!!!!!!!!)

365 Nog Hogger posted:

TE streaming options on the wire this week are dire, advice (no ppr)?

Jordan Cameron vs HOU
Benjamin Watson @ IND
Jacob Tamme @ TEN
Dwayne Allen/Coby Fleener vs NO

This is rough. Maybe Tamme on the off chance he gets fed garbage points?

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Oct 21, 2015

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

old dog child posted:

This is rough. Maybe Tamme on the off chance he gets fed garbage points?

The hoarding in this league for QB and TE is insane. One team has four quarterbacks rostered. We can only start one, and two of his are injured, there are only teams.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Doltos posted:

Oh, I had three FANTASTIC RBs in CJ Anderson, Jeremy Hill, and Alfred Morris.

You already know how that story ends.

Let's do this, Christine Michael.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
C-Mike over Ellington and Duke as my standard RB2. I, too, am ready to let him rock.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
I picked up Stafford on waivers once I saw his playoff match-ups New Orleans, San Fran and Chicago? Yes please, I'll ride Wilson to the playoffs then fun Stafford in them.

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015
Roethlisberger woes + Dalton on BYE, what do you guys think?

Blake Bortles vs. Buf
Tyrod Taylor @ Jax
Alex Smith
Kaep

I hate them all, drat you Roeth!

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
who is the better bye week fill in for Cobb this week?

I can pick up Diggs or LaFell and drop David Johnson.

Also, is Jordan Reed worth a pickup this week.

Also also, starting christine michael.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
No news on Karlos Williams. He still being a pussy?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

TommyGun85 posted:

who is the better bye week fill in for Cobb this week?

I can pick up Diggs or LaFell and drop David Johnson.

Also, is Jordan Reed worth a pickup this week.

Also also, starting christine michael.

Lafell hasn't practiced yet, has he? If those are your only two choices, I'd grab Diggs and play the good matchup. Long term Lafell is probably a better pickup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
I hate all of my flex options this week. Ugh. Ellington, Stewart, T Benjamin, Gordon... None sound great.

God drat Broncos bye week is loving me up.

• Locked thread