Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Found this info via EU forums, Day 1 stats analysis of RU destroyers on the RU cluster. :siren: TRIGGER WARNING: presence of Google translate Russian engrish

Some RU dev named Sub_Octavian posted:

Lyrical digression. Looked server statistics for yesterday, the benefit she just arrived in time. Average damage per fight (rounded to the nearest hundred)

Level II.
Sampson: 5500
Umikaze: 7700
Watchdog: 7400

Level III.
Wickes: 9500
Wakatake: 9500
Defiant: 11500

Level IV.
Clemson: 15400
Isokaze: 18300
Izyaslav: 18700

V level.
Nicholas: 16800
Minekaze: 22400
Angry: 25800

VI level.
Farragut: 17200
Mutsuki: 18500
Firing: 24300

Percentage of wins on these EM USSR under 50 only "cocky." "Angry" slightly exceeded 55, "Firing" came to nearly 60 :stare: Above, I believe, the majority of players have not you hit, so it's not very interesting. PS They say if you repeat 100 "tips do not bend over," and then a "statistics mean nothing" and "developers are lying", you can call Cthulhu.
Educated guess is that "Cocky" is referring to "Defiant"

quote:

Let's look at the average lifetime in minutes destroyers in the same yesterday.

Level II.
Sampson: 5,3
Umikaze: 6,1
Watchdog: 5.5

Level III.
Wickes: 5,8
Wakatake: 6,3
Defiant: 6.3

Level IV.
Clemson: 6,9
Isokaze: 7,5
Izyaslav: 7.7

V level.
Nicholas: 7,0
Minekaze: 7,8
Angry: 8.5

VI level.
Farragut: 7,7
Mutsuki: 8,7
Firing: 8.5

Oh, everything. I do not live at all, poor things. In this entertaining excursion into the statistics for October 19 is ended, all the luck and good fights :ussr:

Source thread if you can read it: http://forum.worldofwarships.ru/ind...44#entry1403444

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Fight to Fly. Fly to Fight. Fight to Win.
These early german cruisers are terrible.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
I don't know what people are doing to stay alive and do that kind of damage but at my meager skill level closing to within 3km for a torpedo strike is just begging for a violent death. I am do done with the Russian destroyers.

In my second game with the Hermelin I managed to sink an enemy the instant he appeared by lobbing all four shells directly onto his deck. A little "9000" floated up and he never got a shot off.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Russian Dev posted:

PS They say if you repeat 100 "tips do not bend over," and then a "statistics mean nothing" and "developers are lying", you can call Cthulhu.

That's a fantastic russian-translation.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

MrKatharsis posted:

I don't know what people are doing to stay alive and do that kind of damage but at my meager skill level closing to within 3km for a torpedo strike is just begging for a violent death. I am do done with the Russian destroyers.

In my second game with the Hermelin I managed to sink an enemy the instant he appeared by lobbing all four shells directly onto his deck. A little "9000" floated up and he never got a shot off.
Just stay out of detection range + ~4 km and spam HE nonstop. It's really easy to do and you'll net 30k+ damage per battle through HE spam and fire, although it is absolutely boring. You can do this with US destroyers too (I do it with Sims :negative:), but it'll be easier with Russian destroyers thanks to faster projectile speed. Torps are just there to force enemy into certain direction, hit dumb ones or to do a drive-by.

Aesis fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 20, 2015

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

deratomicdog posted:

"Let's arm our cruisers with guns that are considered small for destroyers" - Großadmiral Tirpitz

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

deratomicdog posted:

Gee, it's almost like they want people to burn ~29.6k xp in conversion to start at the Konigsberg (since no one should skip a T1 and T2 ship with gold since it's literally ~2-3 battles to get out of them). I wouldn't sail the T3/4 cruisers against a field littered with Tenryus and St. Louis, though.

ArchangeI posted:

"Let's arm our cruisers with guns that are considered small for destroyers" - Großadmiral Tirpitz

"These ~airplanes~ are a passing fad. Surely we'll always enjoy air superiority from our superior land-based fighters should any war break out, so we can stack our ships with more guns that shoot other ships instead of these silly airplanes."

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Oct 20, 2015

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

The AA ranges of the two new lines are interesting. The Germans seem to have the longest range for their secondary range band guns, but their tertiary range band is the horrid 2.1 km one. The issue is that, unlike the many US ships which also get that 2.1 km range for their innermost band, their middle band doesn't actually do that much damage. Their Defensive Fire seems right in line with the other two cruiser lines though, as they still have the 5 km range for their outermost range, along with around the same, or slightly higher depending on tier, damage as their US and IJN counterparts.

The USSR destroyers, on the other hand, have the worst AA in the game, with all of them having at most 3 km range as their maximum range with the exception of their T10. I'd call this a weakness, but realistically destroyer AA is mainly just a nuisance in the first place. Now, if they keep this weakness for their other lines(they probably won't, of course), that may prove interesting.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
^^ I would take Japanese AA (like Aoba) with lots of damage at 3 km and no extra at short range, over Nazi AA with low damage at 3.* km and ok damage at short range. The 25 mm guns benefit a lot from range increases. I'm not liking at the in game stats though.

To be fair even Karlsruhe was built before air bombing was a thing, and 4" guns are normal for destroyers at the time.
The question is why they thought Kolberg was balanced, or why Karlsruhe is worse than its competitors in every possible way.

James Garfield fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Oct 20, 2015

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Pubbies are so bad I lost the will to play Iowa. How can they be this bad even when I was playing Sims? Seriously if you're doing worse than a Sims you might as well just play Co-Op :argh:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

James Garfield posted:

^^ I would take Japanese AA (like Aoba) with lots of damage at 3 km and no extra at short range, over Nazi AA with low damage at 3.* km and ok damage at short range. The 25 mm guns benefit a lot from range increases. I'm not liking at the in game stats though.

To be fair even Karlsruhe was built before air bombing was a thing, and 4" guns are normal for destroyers at the time.
The question is why they thought Kolberg was balanced, or why Karlsruhe is worse than its competitors in every possible way.

Well, that was kind of what I was getting at, I just didn't mention Japanese AA since the gun range setup is more similar between US and German ones than Japanese ones. The Japanese cruisers, after upgrades, seem to generally only have 2 range bands, the 5 km guns, and 3.0/3.1 km guns, so their high damage output falls into that lower one. The US and German ones generally have three though, getting the 5 km guns, ?? km guns, and 2.1 km guns. US tends to get high damage output in both the lower range bands, while Germans only get high damage in the lowest one. That middle band's range seems to heavily depend on tier though, varying between ~3 km and up to 4.5 on Hindenburg. Des Moines drops the middle range band as well of course, and I'm not sure how DF interacts with the fact that it has two sets of guns shooting at its max band of 5.7 km. Do they both get the boost, or only the last listed one?

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
I'm pretty sure they both get the boost.
Apparently you used to be able to extend the Japanese 25 mm enough that they got the boost, but I don't know if that still applies.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

When my Russian preview DD went away it dumped all its xp onto my Orlan, so I don't even need to use it. But I hear it's pretty good, so I'll try it in a game.

33k damage. Yup, pretty good.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

These early tier Russian/German ships are so much worse than the IJN and USN equivalents. I did however just have a game in the Derpzki where I hid around the corner of one of the big islands on the Solomons map and dumped torps at the enemy coming around the bend. Somehow I got 8 hits out of 10 killing two ships. Thats an accuracy record ill likely never beat. I got beaten up pretty badly but survived once I remembered to pop smoke.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

Lord Koth posted:

Well, that was kind of what I was getting at, I just didn't mention Japanese AA since the gun range setup is more similar between US and German ones than Japanese ones. The Japanese cruisers, after upgrades, seem to generally only have 2 range bands, the 5 km guns, and 3.0/3.1 km guns, so their high damage output falls into that lower one. The US and German ones generally have three though, getting the 5 km guns, ?? km guns, and 2.1 km guns. US tends to get high damage output in both the lower range bands, while Germans only get high damage in the lowest one. That middle band's range seems to heavily depend on tier though, varying between ~3 km and up to 4.5 on Hindenburg. Des Moines drops the middle range band as well of course, and I'm not sure how DF interacts with the fact that it has two sets of guns shooting at its max band of 5.7 km. Do they both get the boost, or only the last listed one?

The Russian tier 10 battleship's AA will be a group of angry, drunk sailors on the deck throwing things at passing airplanes. Friend and foe.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

So for no good reason I have a Fujin in my port now. I guess that's one place to shuttle my T2 Japanese DD captain back and forth between.

Also, strange question - but I'm guessing the 30g camo is 30g per use. I mean, +100% xp is good, but gently caress that noise.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So for no good reason I have a Fujin in my port now. I guess that's one place to shuttle my T2 Japanese DD captain back and forth between.

Also, strange question - but I'm guessing the 30g camo is 30g per use. I mean, +100% xp is good, but gently caress that noise.

Only good if you have a good game, if you get RNG'd, you're just pissing it away.

Though, honestly, if people remember actually going to arcades and paying $0.25-$1.00 for each game... it's actually not that bad. 250 gold bought in $100 bulk packs is basically a dollar. That's like 8 games of 100% exp for a pretty small price.

I guess the only thing I'd use it on is my carriers, where I could guarantee I'd have a somewhat decent damage game every time.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I'm also guessing from the graphic that it's something that'll only be around seasonally or during special events.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Random Encounter(the two cap one; both teams start owning one) has to be the worst loving battle type to get the boss battles in. Enemy team just turtles on top of their cap and lets the Phantom Fortress do its thing. Of course, the game wasn't helped by half our team being morons and running into them piecemeal.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Were you in a victorious boss battle and/or killed it personally? That's the only thing off the top of my head that might have just caused one to appear. I've got nothing to back that up, just a wild guess.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Oct 21, 2015

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I mean if you are spending that gold on free experience instead, you arent earning credits (or most importantly) banking xp on your captain. If it stacks with the +50% xp flag and the daily bonus, I could definitely see using it on that first win of the day, especially if they have a 2x or 3x weekend coming up. My inner scrooge is still holding out though, and you also look ridiculous.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Lord Koth posted:

Were you in a victorious boss battle and/or killed it personally? That's the only thing off the top of my head that might have just caused one to appear. I've got nothing to back that up, just a wild guess.

I actually haven't played the game in a while. I just noticed it was an option when I was flagging-up my Fujin.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Does this game take a supercomputer to run decently? I'm trying to find something to play on my scrub-tier PC.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

so do we know when we get xvm for boats?

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
At least the low tier German ships are poo poo in a vaguely original way, because they have absolutely nothing else going for them.

vvv: Play a low tier German cruiser before your US destroyer games, and the shells won't feel so floaty any more!

James Garfield fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Oct 21, 2015

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

Meanwhile I think I might as well just sell my Farragut and go with the Russian destroyers instead cuz they seem to do the gunnery gimmick way better than the US line.

I was really looking forward to getting the Farragut too, since it has the largest stealth buffer (Max range - detection range) of the US DD line, but the shells are impossibly floaty, it's not practical. I'll take the high velocity guns and bigger HP pool over slightly less garbage torps and AA.

Lake Effect
May 8, 2008

Oldstench posted:

Does this game take a supercomputer to run decently? I'm trying to find something to play on my scrub-tier PC.

Kinda depends where you land on the logicalincrements tier. A little more info on your rig please?

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
Does the Nurnberg get the defensive fire consumable?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The only icon pack I really liked hasn't been updated and added to Aslains since before Botes went live, and that saddens me

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I have to remember to play a few games in my St. Louis, which I kept, because I think it is likely quite OP against the low tier German cruisers. More armor and bigger guns. But slower.

Also, does the early German cruisers have the Kaiserliche Marine flag or the pseudo-nazi one. I have the historical flags mod and it dumps a swastika on the whole German line. The Russian ships have the correct flag, though.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Oldstench posted:

It should run fine on most PCs, in fact, probably the harshest thing in this game is your hard drive. An SSD cuts the load times, which can be pretty insane for slower HDDs. That's probably the most noticeable aspect I've seen.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

I am proud of myself :smug:

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

MoraleHazard posted:

I have to remember to play a few games in my St. Louis, which I kept, because I think it is likely quite OP against the low tier German cruisers. More armor and bigger guns. But slower.

Also, does the early German cruisers have the Kaiserliche Marine flag or the pseudo-nazi one. I have the historical flags mod and it dumps a swastika on the whole German line. The Russian ships have the correct flag, though.

Sadly they never have the flag of a competent German navy. If it were me the whole tree would be under the KM's flag, but that might be contentious in Germany given the way they deal with flags.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Aesis posted:

I am proud of myself :smug:

I'm not really getting how people are getting such high credit games. Like, one of my best was earning 212k credits recently in a game where I did 165k damage in my Nagato. Even with the credit flag, that still only would have brought that up to ~250k or so.

Meanwhile, you did just over 70k damage and got well over double my earnings. And it's not even like you were shooting higher tier ships, which supposedly earns more or something.

What the hell am I doing wrong? Because it can't just be a destroyer thing, since I've had high damage games in destroyers too and gotten nowhere near that much.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I heard that damage to destroyers was "worth" more than damage to larger ships. Cruisers also might be worth a little more.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

wdarkk posted:

I heard that damage to destroyers was "worth" more than damage to larger ships. Cruisers also might be worth a little more.

Its about your dmg done in proportion to each enemys total hp.

The fuckin Karlsruhe seems like pure suffering. Any tips?

Viperidae
Feb 7, 2007
Arf!

Lord Koth posted:

I'm not really getting how people are getting such high credit games. Like, one of my best was earning 212k credits recently in a game where I did 165k damage in my Nagato. Even with the credit flag, that still only would have brought that up to ~250k or so.

Meanwhile, you did just over 70k damage and got well over double my earnings. And it's not even like you were shooting higher tier ships, which supposedly earns more or something.

What the hell am I doing wrong? Because it can't just be a destroyer thing, since I've had high damage games in destroyers too and gotten nowhere near that much.

Are you playing co-op or random?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Lord Koth posted:

Your rewards increase if you deal more damage in relation to the ship you are shooting. If you hit a cruiser for 5k damage and do, say, 15% of its HP, it'll be worth more than hitting a BB for 5k damage and only doing 8% or less. DDs, that 5K is 40%, hence very valuable. No idea if ships are more valuable based on class (100% damage to CV being more valuable than 100% damage to a DD), I faintly recall testing this a long time ago, but things likely have changed.

Higher tiered ships tend to earn more, and Premium ships earn boosted credits too. Couple that with premium account and you can get 500k credits in a game for decent rounds. Fooling around in my Murmansk isn't just fun, its also profitable.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

deratomicdog posted:

The Dresden has been pretty fun, actually. But I've been in matches where at least two others would be on the same team as me and we'd roll around the map together with one of us constantly keeping an enemy on fire, the other sending a stream of AP and the third setting another enemy on fire until we can switch to that one after sinking the first ship we target.

Having enough guns to basically keep a constant stream of shells coming in is pretty fun.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
I probably would have earned about 250k credit if I weren't using premium ship and premium account. And yes xp depends on % of damage done to total hp of a ship, therefore shooting a 10k hp destroyer for 2k damage rewards more xp than shooting 50k hp battleship for 2k damage. That's one of reasons why pubbies shoot destroyers even if they're 10+ km off. I've had many occasions when pubbies shot at me even when I was only 1~2 km from friendly battleship, 10~11 km from closest enemy :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Aesis posted:

I probably would have earned about 250k credit if I weren't using premium ship and premium account. And yes xp depends on % of damage done to total hp of a ship, therefore shooting a 10k hp destroyer for 2k damage rewards more xp than shooting 50k hp battleship for 2k damage. That's one of reasons why pubbies shoot destroyers even if they're 10+ km off. I've had many occasions when pubbies shot at me even when I was only 1~2 km from friendly battleship, 10~11 km from closest enemy :stare:

I think you're overestimating the pubbies' knowledge level. They're probably just afraid of torps.