Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I watched through season 5 once so I could rewatch it just before season 6 came out and still have it be kinda fresh

Anyone else think the animation looks a little lovely? Maybe it's still in production, but still...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The Doctor Girlfriend voice in season 2 is pretty much identical to the voice in the Gargantua 2 special. It's a little different in season 1, but everything's a little off in season 1.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

In Season 7 are you guys excited for a whole new batch of Star Wars references?

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Soooo... Dean going crazy, picking up Brock one-handed and Brock shooting him full of tranquilizing darts, that's Dean somehow receiving the same super-soldier serum that Hatred received, right?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The change of venue is looking like it was a very, very good choice. So many good clips, so much that's new. So much hype I can hardly contain. :psyduck:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So we're moving from mocking super science adventuring to mocking super powers?

I can get behind that.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

So we're moving from mocking super science adventuring to mocking super powers?

I can get behind that.

More like it's going from super science adventuring to super science as a whole

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Xelkelvos posted:

More like it's going from super science adventuring to super science as a whole

Maybe he just moved up a tier with J.J's business. Same realm, but private sector pays better than government & sciences. Also not disagreeing with you. So stoked!!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
Looks like Dean is finally going to do some supersciencing that doesn't involve listening to prog rock.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Or the kitchen oven.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Upon rewatching it, the stars and garters guy seems to be the jock that throws the can, so that's an extra layer of hosed-up-ness to that scene.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Novasol posted:

Upon rewatching it, the stars and garters guy seems to be the jock that throws the can, so that's an extra layer of hosed-up-ness to that scene.

He's a teacher...

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I've managed to get a friend into Venture Bros, and he's on track to catch up in time for season six; I think the last episode he watched was The Lepidopterists. Finally, a success!

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I've managed to get a friend into Venture Bros, and he's on track to catch up in time for season six; I think the last episode he watched was The Lepidopterists. Finally, a success!

Freakin' gorgeous.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I was telling a friend for years to watch the show and he said he didn't like it the one time he saw any of it and that was that. Then last year he binged through the entire series unprovoked and absolutely loved it.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Nathan Fillion Spider Man is named Mark Knopfler.

Mark Knopfler is the lead singer of Dire Straits.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That's a very strange reference. It's not exactly obscure.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

LividLiquid posted:

No the bully was calling him "Mark Knopfler" because of the headband he was wearing looked very close to the look Mark Knopfler had during the Brothers in Arms area of Dire Straits.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Djarum posted:

No the bully was calling him "Mark Knopfler" because of the headband he was wearing looked very close to the look Mark Knopfler had during the Brothers in Arms area of Dire Straits.

Also, Loverboy, which is another 80s band known for headband usage. He might as well called him Dazzler and she had an era of headband usage.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

twistedmentat posted:

Also, Loverboy, which is another 80s band known for headband usage. He might as well called him Dazzler and she had an era of headband usage.

The 80s was a awful, awful time for fashion. It blows my mind seeing people today trying to bring it back.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Djarum posted:

The 80s was a awful, awful time for fashion. It blows my mind seeing people today trying to bring it back.

I don't see whats wrong with this
http://i.imgur.com/sLpEbDJ.jpg

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Yeah me either

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
You sure that top one isn't from the 90's?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
They do start to blend together...

JMBosch
May 28, 2006

You're dead.
That's your greatest weapon.
If anyone wants to spoil themselves on everything shown in the Season 6 trailer, I put up a breakdown of it here.

But my favorite moment is definitely Shore Leave undercover as Brock:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

JMBosch posted:

If anyone wants to spoil themselves on everything shown in the Season 6 trailer, I put up a breakdown of it here.

Me too. I also love the boys getting their own looks. Dean just looks like a hip college student, and Hank looks like a douche rich kid.

And yea, late 80s and early 90s were pretty interchangeable. The look of things didn't really change until Nirvana came along and shook everything up.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Oct 22, 2015

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

LividLiquid posted:

Wasn't Mark Knopfler also one of the celebrities on the back of some person at Sgt. Hatred's little Meet Dr. Venture party?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

JMBosch posted:

I'd love to see a Shore Leave spin off.

By far my favourite recurring character.

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

:getin:
Lipstick Apathy
I really liked Watch and Ward dressed up like Hank and Dean.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

tarlibone posted:

Wasn't Mark Knopfler also one of the celebrities on the back of some person at Sgt. Hatred's little Meet Dr. Venture party?

holy poo poo, you have a problem

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

theflyingexecutive posted:

Seems completely reasonable to me

JMBosch
May 28, 2006

You're dead.

tarlibone posted:

Google says yes, it was on The Monarch's back. And Sgt. Hatred misspelled it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

JMBosch posted:

Great stuff! Didn't pick up on most of it. Love Truckasaurus.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

JMBosch posted:

That one unnamed is most likely some manner of fdr.

JMBosch
May 28, 2006

You're dead.

Fellbat posted:

That one unnamed is most likely some manner of fdr.
I saw someone else make the same inference, and you're probably right. Still no actual name to stick to him though.

I hate that the "plug face guy" and the tall reptilian villain, and the one in the rat suit and goggles still haven't been named yet either.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Djarum posted:

How the gently caress did I miss that? :doh:

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

theflyingexecutive posted:

Do you think it's a cry for help?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

JMBosch posted:

Super bummed to hear the Order of the Triad won't be in this next season

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

tofes posted:

Super bummed to hear the Order of the Triad won't be in this next season

What now? Why, Dr. O is an amazing side character, gently caress it, they are all amazing side characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

notaspy posted:

What now? Why, Dr. O is an amazing side character, gently caress it, they are all amazing side characters.

Ever since the fourth season Dr. O hasn't been getting enough screentime