Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Disco De Soto posted:

The challenge fight with him and Starscream is crazy. They are tough enough on their own - together you need eyes in the back of your head. They are both good at dodging or breaking combos.

My thing with Blitzwing is he takes NO stun what so ever. You can stagger him but he's amazingly resilient. I just maxed out some S-Rank Devastator Drills With 2x Attack Lv5. And 2x Crit Lv5. And its 5th slot is Item Pull. When I transfer it over to an SS version, it'll be replaced with Focus Lv.5 and I'm wondering if should stick Finish + on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

ZenVulgarity posted:

Is this game dynasty warriors transformers? It looked that way a little in a quick look

Well now I'm sad that this doesn't exist

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Is this game dynasty warriors transformers? It looked that way a little in a quick look

More like Transformers: Revengence, if that makes sense to you.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Bloodly posted:

More like Transformers: Revengence, if that makes sense to you.

can the sequel be called this

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Suaimhneas posted:

Well now I'm sad that this doesn't exist

Koei recently had a 'vote for what IP you want to made into a Warriors game' thing on JP Twitter, I hope someone voted for that.

Alternatively Dynasty Warriors Gundam exists. :v:

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

ZenVulgarity posted:

No, actually this game is good.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Koei recently had a 'vote for what IP you want to made into a Warriors game' thing on JP Twitter, I hope someone voted for that.

Alternatively Dynasty Warriors Gundam exists. :v:

They should probably make a Berserk Warriors game first. That could be cool.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Joe Gillian posted:

They should probably make a Berserk Warriors game first. That could be cool.

They already have pop-up and slowdown issues... No way they could handle the gore level appropriate to a Berserk game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fumaofthelake posted:

They already have pop-up and slowdown issues... No way they could handle the gore level appropriate to a Berserk game.

Yeah, if the last time you played one was on the PS2.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Man I have no idea how the rare drop stuff works, I have Drop Rarity up +50% and +80% up, 130% increased change, and I have a 130% weapon drop rate, I should not be getting so many commons.

Welp, here it is, until I find a rifle with 6 slots that's SS rank.

And that's Magnus done! Onto Prime!

Onmi fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Oct 19, 2015

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

130% of 2(for instance) isn't very much. The usual shenanigans, I presume.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I think finally (On Prime no less) this game has finally clicked. Helped that I finally learned how to Reversal, since I'd brought all the moves but done the stupid thing of not paying attention to them. I don't think Parry is really necessary in this game, it's... helped? In that occasionally I'll accidentally parry something. Also it took until my Magnus fight with Megatron to end the battle with a Red Hot One Hundred clash. I had NO IDEA what was happening because outside of the final battle with Megatron I'd never had a QTE event.

Nowadays my combat style is a Dodge Reversal Assault Rifle to the noggin. Rush combo anyone with shields every now and then Drill Punch or launch into a string of combos. Mind you, I'm still getting hit, but I was happy as hell with ending the Devastator/Menasor duel fight on Magnus with a SS rank. My Rankings are not consistent, sometimes I'll get Cs, others SS. I tend to average A/S unless there's a lot of hectic crap on screen. I SSed all of the Team up Constructicon battle.

I now have SS Rank Devastator Drills, And I'm building equipment for everyone. Bumblebee plays fun.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

BottledBodhisvata posted:

can the sequel be called this

Rev-engine-ce

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
I really don't like the top down missions. I have trouble picking targets and seeing incoming attacks, especially when seekers are floating over my head.

The missions where all the Autobots are involved though, yeah that's my poo poo.

The sequel needs to be the classic team up where you can play as both Autobots and Decepticons. Of course first you would have to explain this to the Decepticons by kicking their rear end in a massive battle royale.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Disco De Soto posted:

I really don't like the top down missions. I have trouble picking targets and seeing incoming attacks, especially when seekers are floating over my head.

The missions where all the Autobots are involved though, yeah that's my poo poo.

The sequel needs to be the classic team up where you can play as both Autobots and Decepticons. Of course first you would have to explain this to the Decepticons by kicking their rear end in a massive battle royale.

Use Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2's narrative structure so you spend like 1/3 to 1/2 of the game beating each other up then the rest of the game teaming up.

Let me drive on the outside of Unicron in space ala a Death Star trench run then I dive into his mouth or eyeball and finish the level in there.

Uggghhh (sorta) sorry for the fanwank.

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

Is it wrong that mt first though was:

"Just think of the QTE fest or massive finger breaking combo you could be made to pull off in order to open The Matrix, then roll out of Unicorn's exploding body as the ending theme blasts out."

And only on re-reading that did I notice I'm basically wishing for P* to make Transformers: The Movie: The Game. Where to I kickstart that?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I'm loving Beast Wars Megatron levels of excited here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9t7G_lHeiY

Also if we could get a Beast Wars sequel to this that'd be great...

EDIT: And now that I have a SS Rank Machine Gun, I can give some stat reports

M one with no add-ons does 1,471 damage for each round, with a maximum chamber of 300, with the 2 Attack Lv.5s that comes to 1,765, as well, 2 Headshot Lv.5 Means each Headshot bullet does 40% more damage.

Max Energy Up brings the magazine size to 450

Worth noting? the Rate of fire augment seems to make it fire less, At least according to the bar, it's unclear. Oh well I'll take it off, throw on another Max Energy for 600 shots total

My Freeze Assault Rifle on the other hand, does 7,271 per shot with no augments, and has 30 maximum shots. 60 with 2 Energy level 5s

Done! I SSed megatron right at the end, I'm happy as hell.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Oct 20, 2015

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

DroneRiff posted:

"Just think of the QTE fest or massive finger breaking combo you could be made to pull off in order to open The Matrix, then roll out of Unicorn's exploding body as the ending theme blasts out."

And only on re-reading that did I notice I'm basically wishing for P* to make Transformers: The Movie: The Game. Where to I kickstart that?

Haha yeah that would be great. I hope they just escalate everything - imagine using Devastator/Superion to beat up Metroplex/Trypticon then use them to beat up Unicron.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Disco De Soto posted:

Haha yeah that would be great. I hope they just escalate everything - imagine using Devastator/Superion to beat up Metroplex/Trypticon then use them to beat up Unicron.

Well this is a prequel game to the 'Combiner Wars' so player combiners are definitely a thing. Speaking of which. IF Optimus Maximum is going to use his existing combiners, we'll be seeing Prowl, Ironhide, Sunstreaker and Mirage in the next game.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

DroneRiff posted:

'Platinum does the 80s?'

Thundercats, He-Man, Ulysses 31, Wheeled Warriors?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh poo poo, someone else remembers Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors!

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

Bloodly posted:

'Platinum does the 80s?'

Thundercats, He-Man, Ulysses 31, Wheeled Warriors?

Hah pretty muching much. Ulysses 31 is some odd intersection of obscure but has easy hooks for a great game. Wheeled Warriors was kick rear end too. I don't think I ever understood what was going on in that show as a kid, but I'd so buy it.

Edit: While we're at it, M.A.S.K. and Galaxy Rangers, because again exploding action fun.

DroneRiff fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 20, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ulyesses 31 owned and one of the two cartoons from when I was a kid I have on DVD (the other being Mysterious Cities of Gold).
They're both anime :ssh:

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
gently caress all of you if you don't think Platinum should be making the next Power Rangers game. Mighty Morphin' era of course.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

gently caress all of you if you don't think Platinum should be making the next Power Rangers game. Mighty Morphin' era of course.

On the wii u for 5 person couch co-op.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

There's no reason to make a Power Rangers game because Wonderful 101 exists.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

notZaar posted:

There's no reason to make a Power Rangers game because Wonderful 101 exists.

Oh yeah, nevermind.

Platinum can do TMNT then.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Oh yeah, nevermind.

I'm down, except I have no real love in my heart for the latest Nick series and the Bay movies can go straight to hell, and I think that's where any new game would pull from. I don't know if whoever owns the rights to TMNT would let P* delve into the classic stuff. Then again, here's a great example of them doing just that, so what do I know.

As long as one of the unlockable skins was the 1985 black and white with red accents, I'd be so in.

AccountingNightmare
Oct 2, 2006

NOT ENOUGH RED ORBS ARGH
Am I crazy or is there no lock-on button in this game (aside from the shooting controls)? Occasionally my camera will lose track of some of the faster bosses and it's annoying.

Oh yeah, nevermind.

This would be incredible.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

AccountingNightmare posted:

Am I crazy or is there no lock-on button in this game (aside from the shooting controls)? Occasionally my camera will lose track of some of the faster bosses and it's annoying.

This would be incredible.

You are not crazy, there is only auto-lock on, you will find it annoying to charge past an enemy to target a more annoying foe behind them, press the attack button only for your autobot to throw themselves at the enemy across the map because Auto-lock deemed them more of a threat.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Also am I crazy or are all the enemies super fast on Magnus and Prime?

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Their aggressiveness is amped up meaning their attacks are also 50% faster. I think it's 75% on Prime difficulty.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Joe Gillian posted:

Their aggressiveness is amped up meaning their attacks are also 50% faster. I think it's 75% on Prime difficulty.

No I mean physically faster, I swear the Heavies move much quicker than they did on the early difficulties. Also, a fun note, your equipped weapons continue their passive properties. So if you're exclusively Melee (like Grimlock) but you want the longest focus you can, so you can stack 6 FocusTime Lv.5 on your gun, and bam, that's passive now, until you unequip the gun. Which, if you build your Grimlock anything like me (3 Melee, 1 Gun) is impossible.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I want to make sure I understand correctly - skills only activate on equipped weapons, right? And equipped means currently active, not just on your inventory slots? This is probably really obvious.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

CzarChasm posted:

I want to make sure I understand correctly - skills only activate on equipped weapons, right? And equipped means currently active, not just on your inventory slots? This is probably really obvious.

You have 4 slots, 1 melee, 1 ranged, 2 free. your actively equipped weapons give you any passive benefits, such as FocusTime+ or ItemPull even if you aren't actually going to use that weapon in a fight.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Onmi posted:

Well this is a prequel game to the 'Combiner Wars' so player combiners are definitely a thing. Speaking of which. IF Optimus Maximum is going to use his existing combiners, we'll be seeing Prowl, Ironhide, Sunstreaker and Mirage in the next game.

Not sure how different those characters would be in terms of playstyle, but i'm all for more skins like the DLC to make replays more interesting. I guess Mirage would be cool if he could turn invisible.

I'd rather have something crazy different like Blaster/Soundwave with their special move being a random tape buddy. Or some jets so we can fly around. Maybe they would have to limit character selection for certain levels but that's fine with me. They already have the animations and movesets for almost the whole range of G1 characters, with some tweaking. There are plenty of suckers like me out there willing to shell out the money.

Also give us a royal rumble-style multiplayer arena!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Disco De Soto posted:

Not sure how different those characters would be in terms of playstyle, but i'm all for more skins like the DLC to make replays more interesting. I guess Mirage would be cool if he could turn invisible.

I'd rather have something crazy different like Blaster/Soundwave with their special move being a random tape buddy. Or some jets so we can fly around. Maybe they would have to limit character selection for certain levels but that's fine with me. They already have the animations and movesets for almost the whole range of G1 characters, with some tweaking. There are plenty of suckers like me out there willing to shell out the money.

Also give us a royal rumble-style multiplayer arena!

Well Ironhide would probably have activated Super Armor, which would be dumb in a Platinum game since ranking. Prowl... well it depends on if you want to take his Ninja stuff from animated for the sake of uniqueness, Of course, and this is again, spoilers for the comics and kind of sort of a spoiler for a potential sequel Prowl is apart of Devastator in the comic, after Scrapper was murdered he was modified to be the new Head of Devastator. So he was a part of Devastator and Optimus Maximus, until he was replaced in Devastator by Scoop So that would be interesting to see how that'll work.

Anyway, if you use his Ninja stuff from Animated as inspiration then holograms/clones?

And for Sunstreaker... I have nothing.His only other unique features have been having a Headmaster and having an insecticon for a pet... Oh my god he should totally have Bob as his INSECT SHAPED ROBOT BUDDY!

EDIT: Oh right, Sunstreaker is Sideswipes brother, so I guess he would just have his dash ability.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Oct 21, 2015

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Onmi posted:

Oh right, Sunstreaker is Sideswipes brother, so I guess he would just have his dash ability.

Just based on Sideswipe alone you could have: Red Alert, Sunstreaker, Windcharger, Mirage, Jazz, Bluestreak, Prowl, Skids, Smokescreen, Tracks and Hot Rod without too much effort. Maybe from Sideswipe or Wheeljack you could get Brawn, Gears, Huffer, Hound, Ironhide, Ratchet, Trailerbreaker and Hoist.

Ultra Magnus from Optimus is an easy one. You could get Blaster and his tapes from Soundwave. And then Bruticus, Superion and Defensor wouldn't be a huge step from Menasor, as long as you don't have to animate all the separate transformers.

EDIT: I'm stupid enough to pay full price just for another 15 re-skins and a multiplayer arena.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Onmi posted:

You have 4 slots, 1 melee, 1 ranged, 2 free. your actively equipped weapons give you any passive benefits, such as FocusTime+ or ItemPull even if you aren't actually going to use that weapon in a fight.

Wow, so if you really grind for weapons and got lucky you could come up with four weapons, with each slot holding a focus time + and they would all stack? That sounds wonderfully OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

CzarChasm posted:

Wow, so if you really grind for weapons and got lucky you could come up with four weapons, with each slot holding a focus time + and they would all stack? That sounds wonderfully OP.

No, I'm horrible. Just the currently equipped Melee and Range weapon. Which means you can STILL stack it 12 times... + T.E.C.H.

EDIT: Also, minor glitch encountered. Merely swapping to an Item Pull weapon isn't enough to make it start pulling items, a checkpoint reset or going into base is also needed. Also Item Pull makes "collect the dots" challenges easy.

Disco De Soto posted:

Just based on Sideswipe alone you could have: Red Alert, Sunstreaker, Windcharger, Mirage, Jazz, Bluestreak, Prowl, Skids, Smokescreen, Tracks and Hot Rod without too much effort. Maybe from Sideswipe or Wheeljack you could get Brawn, Gears, Huffer, Hound, Ironhide, Ratchet, Trailerbreaker and Hoist.

Ultra Magnus from Optimus is an easy one. You could get Blaster and his tapes from Soundwave. And then Bruticus, Superion and Defensor wouldn't be a huge step from Menasor, as long as you don't have to animate all the separate transformers.

EDIT: I'm stupid enough to pay full price just for another 15 re-skins and a multiplayer arena.

I really just want more game... also more enemies, I would have loved to fight the other Stunticons

Onmi fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Oct 21, 2015

• Locked thread