Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Literally The Worst posted:

i just wish more of them would do something that isn't RADIO SHOW BUT SPOOOOOOOKY

but barring that, what's some other good ones? limetown's good, black tapes is a'ight, kakos industries is butts, what else is out there

Twilight Histories is pretty good, it's a first person narration of time travelers going to different alternate dimensions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Literally The Worst posted:

i just wish more of them would do something that isn't RADIO SHOW BUT SPOOOOOOOKY

but barring that, what's some other good ones? limetown's good, black tapes is a'ight, kakos industries is butts, what else is out there
Here's something that's a little different.

It's another weird radio show, but since it's Loading Ready Run, their weirdness turns into comedy rather than horror.

That's right, you're listening to Qwerpline, from WQRP!

So far, they've had all of the potholes on the highway go missing, we've had beaver dams flood said highway, causing the town to be cut off from outside help, and we've had a new "technically meat" buffet open in town!

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!

Inglonias posted:

Here's something that's a little different.

It's another weird radio show, but since it's Loading Ready Run, their weirdness turns into comedy rather than horror.

That's right, you're listening to Qwerpline, from WQRP!

So far, they've had all of the potholes on the highway go missing, we've had beaver dams flood said highway, causing the town to be cut off from outside help, and we've had a new "technically meat" buffet open in town!

My god, it's the bastard lovechild of Night Vale and UHF.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

for those of you who are into Disparition - here is a new album: https://disparition.bandcamp.com/album/faite

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Lyrics, in my Disparition? Blasphemy! :argh:

(Just kidding. We cool.)

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

AstroZamboni posted:

My god, it's the bastard lovechild of Night Vale and UHF.

...Is that good?

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
I think so. I definitely appreciate the Weird Al sensibility.

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
I drive a lot for my job and just got through all of Nightvale in about a month, is it wrong of me to like Steve, because it feels wrong. Also Limetown is great, thank you for sharing!

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Steve is probably my favorite character in the podcast. He just so relatable as the well meaning and well informed guy that just doesn't quite know how to communicate what's wrong with the city. I'm worried that he's going to end up like someone in a "A Story About" episode.

LASER BEAM DREAM fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Oct 15, 2015

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Steve is great. It helps that Hal Lublin is the most loveable dude on earth, too.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Was this the first real ad in Night Vale? :v:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I missed it if it was posted, but the Night Vale crew is on Late Show with Colbert tonight - and so is Oprah. You're in the big leagues now boys!

https://twitter.com/colbertlateshow

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
God there are so many pissed off on tumblr about the newest episode, it's amazing. :allears:

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Ehh, i kind of agree. Nothing really happened this episode.

Thats ok though. On Tuesday i'm getting the audio book (Ok, i'm getting a physical book too) which will basically be a episode that will take me maybe two weeks to get through. I didn't get my show notes though from donating Fink! :argh:

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.

BigRed0427 posted:

Ehh, i kind of agree. Nothing really happened this episode.

Thats ok though. On Tuesday i'm getting the audio book (Ok, i'm getting a physical book too) which will basically be a episode that will take me maybe two weeks to get through. I didn't get my show notes though from donating Fink! :argh:

Behind the scenes notes went out today. Email us.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

maxnmona posted:

EDIT: WAIT! Nevermind. i found it...sorry to bug you. :blush: For some reason I have to go to All Mail in Gmail instead of Inbox. Yor e-mail doesn't show up in just Inbox.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Oct 16, 2015

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

maxnmona posted:

Can't wait to watch the Tonight Show tomorrow and see you guys! I'm sure it will give you a new crop of listeners!

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I don't know why I mentally blocked myself from wanting the WtNV book or acknowledging that it was going to exist. Maybe because I felt it was too far down the rabbit hole of fandom, or that listening to the show was the pure WtNV experience, or some mysterious third reason. But now I need to buy the book to understand this episode. Best advertising ever.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
The Community Calendar on the Late Show!

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
That man looks way too drat good in a suit.

I wonder if this should of been an additional episode, and not a regular, but on the other hand, it fits with NightVale's style. Looking forward to getting my copy soon!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

I stayed up to watch the Late Show last night but my local CBS station decided that running the previous days news at 11:45 after the Falcons game was far more important than the Late Show which normally starts at that time. :smithicide:

Good thing the internet exists. I can watch the clips later.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Slaan posted:

I stayed up to watch the Late Show last night but my local CBS station decided that running the previous days news at 11:45 after the Falcons game was far more important than the Late Show which normally starts at that time. :smithicide:

It wasn't just your local. Not even the power of Oprah could start the show anywhere before 12:40 Eastern.

Really peculiar to see the interview after the musical guest, but you all did very well.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Oct 16, 2015

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
The Late Show appearance was great! Even though they hardly got any time, but when you're on a show with Oprah you can't expect that much. Hopefully it gets WtNV even more listeners. Seeing Cecil Baldwin actually playing Cecil just solidified my vision that Cecil Palmer looks like Cecil Baldwin.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Wandering Knitter posted:

God there are so many pissed off on tumblr about the newest episode, it's amazing. :allears:

I must be old because I gave it a solid 5 minutes of google searches and random tumblr links and I don't even know where to find commentary about Night Vale.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Saw the latest Colbert. That was awesome to see you two and to see Cecil in action was awesome. I just wish you two got more time.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
And now you're on NPR, congrats to you guys! Looking forward to my copy of the book as well, just got notice it shipped!

Ghost-Slug
Feb 21, 2011

Feeding Tigrex
one Hunter at a time

Lipstick Apathy
A bit late but congratulations on the release of your novel, maxnmona!

I'm going to pick it up at the weekend. Has anyone else got it yet? How is it so far?

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I've got my copy in hand and an hour long bus commute. Looking forward to new ways to laugh oddly on public transportation!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
it's real good

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Just finished the book. :toot:

It is, indeed, real good. I'll have to listen to the epilogue again.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I got the audiobook. I hope to one day hear Cecil Baldwin's Hal Lublin's Steve Carlsberg voice on the show.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Just finished it. Got a little jumbled at the end, but that may be due to trying to finish it over the course of a night's sleep. I don't mind reading it over again, it's been a fun ride through a town I almost call home.

Good job you all!

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
It's not available on Audible for me. It was earlier during pre-orders, but now it's gone?

EDIT: Never mind, it's working now.

JohnnyCanuck fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 22, 2015

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010
My book was supposed to be delivered by Wednesday (because of a credit card malfunction), but now it's Thursday, Amazon and UPS are giving two differing accounts. Amazon claims it has already been sent and should have already been delivered, the UPS tracking number says it hasn't even been shipped yet. This isn't the first time Amazon has flat out lied to me, anything I can do about this?

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

MailboxFullOfBombs posted:

My book was supposed to be delivered by Wednesday (because of a credit card malfunction), but now it's Thursday, Amazon and UPS are giving two differing accounts. Amazon claims it has already been sent and should have already been delivered, the UPS tracking number says it hasn't even been shipped yet. This isn't the first time Amazon has flat out lied to me, anything I can do about this?

Go to your nearest blood stone circle, cut your hand open and make sure you rub equal amount of blood on every other stone. On the other stones cut your other hand open and draw 5 different shapes.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Congrats on becoming a NYT bestseller!

Dimloep
Nov 5, 2011
Congrats indeed!

And thank you. Thank you for this beautiful book. I finished it last night, and listened to the Epilogue again, and it all just makes me so happy.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Huh, went poking through Topatoco, and noticed that they've got a Night Vale Tarot deck coming soon. Looking at the full set, each one's got a ton of flavor with it. Gonna have to get me one.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Krysmphoenix posted:

Huh, went poking through Topatoco, and noticed that they've got a Night Vale Tarot deck coming soon. Looking at the full set, each one's got a ton of flavor with it. Gonna have to get me one.

poo poo that's cool. I'll have to grab one when I next have spare cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
That is really cool - I've seen that person posting those before, I want to say on Tumblr. It's been a good year or so - nice to see they've decided to make it official.