Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

nrook posted:

It has a lot of dungeons, but many of them are pretty quick. You might almost call it a whirlwind trip.
:frogout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

I agree with this statement.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

He must leave. His time here is Logre.

I can't believe I just typed that what is wrong with me

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

You're posting name puns in a thread on the internet that plays the game because you can't be arsed.

We are all long gone, my child.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Full disclosure: I spent 15 minutes on Google Ngram Viewer trying to figure out what words people use with "whirlwind"

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
So, I realize that Fetus practically hates the Yggdroid class (and he gives good reason for doing so), but I have to wonder, between that and the Beast class from 2, which do you consider more useless?

god help me I still want to vote for the yggdroid class for potential yggdroid waifu what is wrong with me

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Gilgamesh255 posted:

So, I realize that Fetus practically hates the Yggdroid class (and he gives good reason for doing so), but I have to wonder, between that and the Beast class from 2, which do you consider more useless?

They both suck. Though if you asked me which class had worse design, Yggdroids by far. Beasts were ruined by one stupid design decision/programming quirk. I dunno which, since EO2 was not a well put together game. But their EO2U versions incorporate the original concept of the Beasts, which is taking damage in someone else's place, and they can be decent damage dealers if you want them to be.

I don't even know how you would even salvage the Yggdroid. That class is an utter mess, and if EO3U came along and rebalanced everything, that class would need to be reworked from the ground up.

As for gameplay wise, it's tricky to say, because the classes had different design philosophies in the two games. EO2 classes were designed to stand on their own (even though over half of them got hit with the nerf hammer), while EO3's was designed with subclassing in mind. (To an extent.) If you looked at EO3's classes in a vacuum, they suck. Pretty much the weakest set of classes in the series. Subclassing makes them far more workable. Like without subclassing, nothing would stand up to the Gladiator's damage output.

Yggdroid Class Showcase is finished. Shogun Class showcase is almost finished. I just need to complete the writeup for that, and then voting can start.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yggdroid Class Showcase is finished. Shogun Class showcase is almost finished. I just need to complete the writeup for that, and then voting can start.

From what I've seen from the Megathread, I absolutely cannot wait to see just how bad the Yggdroids are. :D

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Now before you all get too excited, they're not complete pieces of garbage. They're still usable, and they're not gonna bring down a team that much. I did manage to 100% the game with one in the party. However, what's generally considered the best way to use them is to just take like one or two skills from them, and ignore the rest of their skillset in favor of what they have subclassed. That should tell you a lot about the Yggdroid. Now if you looked at the class without subclassing, good gravy they would be incredibly useless. Just goes to show just how powerful subclassing is in this game.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Class Showcase: Shogun

Sorry, but Makita didn't make any group pictures for the unlockable classes, so you'll have to make do with the official art.

No name changes here, they're known as Shoguns in Japan as well. They're one of the two unlockable classes in this game, and you unlock these in the 4th Stratum after siding with Armoroad in the 3rd Stratum. Some people like to compare them to Ronin from the first two games, but in all honesty, the two classes play very differently. Ronin are pretty much a pure offensive force, while Shoguns are a mix of offense and support. They're a commanding force in battle while participating in fights themselves.

Now mind you Shoguns are even more fragile than Ronin due to their choice in armor. They're essentially glass, no, paper cannons. They have some unique offensive abilities, and the class is essentially themed around being a blood thirsty commander. They can be built as an offensive class or a support, or even both if you so choose. A unique class, all things considered, but not much stands out about them.

Well there is one ability that stands out. One very infamous strategy that most people who have played the game are familiar with. They have an ability called Warrior Might, which is quite frankly, the single most overpowered ability in the game. With the right party setup, it can take down all the bosses in the game in 2 turns. This is not an exaggeration. Now you don't need a Shogun in the party, so you can get through the entire game without ever touching Warrior Might. For more details on that ability and how to make the best of it to your ability, read the Warrior Might section.

Like the Ninja, because this is a Japanese themed class, some of the skill names went untranslated. Because of thematic reasons or something. So I'll be translating them like before. And just warning you again, these translations were fetched from the dark bowels of the internet, so they might be inaccurate. Once again, feel free to correct me if you want.

Equipment:
Weapons: Katanas, Daggers, and Books.
Armor: Clothes, Gloves, Boots, and Accessories.

Stats

Level 1
HP: 40
TP: 21
STR: 8
VIT: 3
AGI: 9
LUC: 6
TEC: 5

Level 35
HP: 196
TP: 89
STR: 32
VIT: 22
AGI: 34
LUC: 21
TEC: 25

Level 70
HP: 357
TP: 159
STR: 58
VIT: 41
AGI: 60
LUC: 37
TEC: 46

Level 99
HP: 457
TP: 203
STR: 73
VIT: 53
AGI: 76
LUC: 47
TEC: 59

Statwise, Shoguns are very fragile. They don't have stellar VIT and TEC stats, and they can't wear Heavy or Light armor. Combined with their sub par HP pool, and you're looking at a glass, no, paper canon. They're fairly speedy at least with their decent AGI stat, and their STR is decent enough that they make for good physical attackers. Their poor LUC and TEC makes them really susceptible to ailments.

Second Sword
Skill Type: Class Skill
Maximum Level: 10
Stats Used: N/A
Prerequisites: N/A

This Class Skill enables the Shogun to equip two weapons at once, and lets them attack twice with both hands when using a regular attack. The offhand attack will deal less damage than the initial attack. Increasing the level of this skill only increases the damage the offhand attack does during regular attacks.

1: Enables the use of dual-wielding. Offhand attack deals 20% damage.
2: Offhand attack deals 23% damage.
3: Offhand attack deals 26% damage.
4: Offhand attack deals 29% damage.
5: Offhand attack deals 32% damage.
6: Offhand attack deals 35% damage.
7: Offhand attack deals 38% damage.
8: Offhand attack deals 41% damage.
9: Offhand attack deals 45% damage.
10: Offhand attack deals 50% damage.

Notes:
-Enables the Shogun to equip weapons in the 2nd equipment slot.
-There are no restrictions on what weapons can be equipped in the 2nd slot.
-Second Sword skill levels do not affect the damage output of skills.
-Enables Swashbuckling to activate up to 7 times, meaning that the Shogun can get up to 9 hits when using regular attacks. More details on this can be found in the Buccaneer section of the subclass
-Only the attack power and attributes of the weapon in the first slot are factored into the damage formula.
-If a Gun or a Crossbow is equipped in the first slot, any skills that are normally melee attacks will become ranged attacks.
-Stat, SPD, CRI, HIT, and LIM forges always applies to the Shogun, no matter which weapon they're on.
-Ailment and elemental forges only apply to the weapon they're on.
-Enables 5-Ring Sword to hit up to 10 times.
-If either of the first two equipment slots are empty, the Shogun will use their fists to attack.
-Yes, they can dual wield fists.

Second Sword is a bit of an unusual passive in that it allows the Shogun to dual wield. This actually doesn't increase the damage of their skills, so taking more than one point in this is a bit of a waste. However, dual-wielding does open up some opportunities to do some neat things. Since only the attack power of the weapon in the first slot is taken into consideration when making attacks, you could equip a weaker weapon in the 2nd slot, and use skills that involve that weapon and have them be as powerful as the weapon you've equipped in the first slot. Second Sword does have one important aspect to it that doesn't make people pass up the skill entirely. It makes Swashbuckling hit up to 9 times, which is great when the Buccaneer’s Limit Boost passive gets taken into consideration. But it also synergizes well with Warrior Might. For more details on Swashbuckling and how it interacts with Second Sword, read the Buccaneer section later on.

Katana Mastery
Skill Type: Passive

This weapon mastery skill increases the damage output of regular attacks when using a Katana. Higher levels increase the damage output. Does not affect skills.

If the user cannot equip Katanas normally, this skill enables them to do so.

1: 2% damage boost.
2: 3% damage boost.
3: 4% damage boost.
4: 5% damage boost.
5: 6% damage boost.
6: 7% damage boost.
7: 8% damage boost.
8: 9% damage boost.
9: 10% damage boost.
10: 11% damage boost.

You know the drill by now, don't invest in this more than you need to.

Endure
Maximum Level: 5

Once per battle, this ability has a chance to let the Shogun survive a killing blow, leaving them at 1 HP. Increasing the skill level increases the activation rate. Does not work against Instant Death.

1: 40% activation rate.
2: 50% activation rate.
3: 60% activation rate.
4: 70% activation rate.
5: 80% activation rate.

You really should max this out, since Shoguns are one of the most fragile classes in the game, and anything that lets them live longer in battles will help them out greatly.

Bloody Lance
Prerequisites: Endure – Level 3

Whenever the Shogun kills an enemy or ally, they get more bloodthirsty, gaining a permanent attack boost that is only lost upon the end of the battle or death. The attack boost is capped at 500%. Increasing the level increases the damage boost. Affects all damage types, including Almighty.

1: Increases attack power by 10%.
2: Increases attack power by 13%.
3: Increases attack power by 16%.
4: Increases attack power by 19%.
5: Increases attack power by 22%.
6: Increases attack power by 25%.
7: Increases attack power by 28%.
8: Increases attack power by 31%.
9: Increases attack power by 35%.
10: Increases attack power by 40%.

This isn't a buff, so it can't be dispelled. However, the damage boost will go away once the battle ends or the Shogun dies. Also in order to get the damage, boost, the Shogun needs to kill something. So against FOEs, or bosses, most of which don't have helpers, this skill doesn't really help that much. However, this skill does give a damage boost if a Shogun manages to kill an ally. One of their skills lets them do so, and you could theoretically have that skill activate repeatedly to give the Shogun a huge damage boost with Bloody Lance.

Morale Boost

Whenever the Shogun is revived, all allies recover HP. The higher the skill level, the more HP gets restored.

1: Restores 10 HP.
2: Restores 20 HP.
3: Restores 30 HP.
4: Restores 40 HP.
5: Restores 50 HP.
6: Restores 60 HP.
7: Restores 70 HP.
8: Restores 80 HP.
9: Restores 90 HP.
10: Restores 100 HP.

Eh, kind of a gimmicky passive, and not something to rely on for healing. It is needed to unlock a few skills, so unless you want those, you might want to just ignore this.

Kaishaku (Mercy Kill)
Prerequisites: Morale Boost – Level 1, Endure – Level 1

Whenever an enemy or ally falls under a certain HP threshold, the Shogun has a chance of instantly killing them once they get targeted. Ignores Instant Death resistances, but not immunities. Increasing the skill level increases the activation rate, and the threshold that this skill will activate at. Shoguns cannot kill themselves with this passive, but they can kill their own Bunshin clones.

1: 30% activation rate once the target falls below 10% HP.
2: 35% activation rate once the target falls below 11% HP.
3: 40% activation rate once the target falls below 12% HP.
4: 50% activation rate once the target falls below 13% HP.
5: 60% activation rate once the target falls below 15% HP.

Just a little warning, targeted means whenever another skill or item affects them. So a Hoplite using one of their defensive skills can cause the Shogun to attempt to kill whoever happens to be running low on HP, though if the Hoplite is using Bodyguard, they'll try to kill the Hoplite instead. So at any rate, this is a pretty risky passive to go for. It's essentially a global HP drop against nearly everything in the game. If you're familiar with the Climax ability from the first two games, this is essentially a massively nerfed version of it. I personally don't like it since enemies that are at 15% are usually about to die, while allies that are at that threshold can still be saved, and Kaishaku robs you of that opportunity. However, it can be a good way to get Bloody Lance to kick in, and it does work on bosses. Whether you take this skill or not is up to you, but thankfully it's not a prerequisite for anything.

:eng101: Clarste had this to say about what Kaishaku is:

Clarste posted:

To explain more clearly what this is, when a samurai commits seppuku they're supposed to slash their own belly and bleed to death. But that's kind of a relatively slow and painful way to die, so traditionally they'd ask their buddy to stand behind them and chop their heads off after they made the cut, to end their suffering after they'd already shown their resolve. Or, to be more cynical, to make sure they don't have any second thoughts. Anyway, the Shogun is the guy standing behind you with a sword, ready to kill you.

Hilt Strike
Skill Type: Active
Equipment Needed: Katana
Body Part: Arm
Stats Used: STR, LUC, TEC
Target Type: Single
Action Speed: Varies
Prerequisites: Katana Mastery – Level 1

A single target Strike attack that has a chance to inflict Stun. Higher levels increase the damage dealt, infliction rate, accuracy, and action speed.

1: Deals 130% damage. 30% infliction rate. Has a Hit Rate of 94. Has an Action Speed of +3. Costs 8 TP.
2: Deals 133% damage. 32% infliction rate. Has a Hit Rate of 95. Has an Action Speed of +3. Costs 8 TP.
3: Deals 136% damage. 34% infliction rate. Has a Hit Rate of 96. Has an Action Speed of +3. Costs 9 TP.
4: Deals 139% damage. 36% infliction rate. Has a Hit Rate of 97. Has an Action Speed of +3. Costs 9 TP.
5: Deals 142% damage. 38% infliction rate. Has a Hit Rate of 98. Has an Action Speed of +3. Costs 10 TP.
6: Deals 145% damage. 40% infliction rate. Has a Hit Rate of 99. Has an Action Speed of +5. Costs 10 TP.
7: Deals 150% damage. 42% infliction rate. Has a Hit Rate of 99. Has an Action Speed of +5. Costs 11 TP.
8: Deals 155% damage. 44% infliction rate. Has a Hit Rate of 99. Has an Action Speed of +5. Costs 11 TP.
9: Deals 165% damage. 46% infliction rate. Has a Hit Rate of 99. Has an Action Speed of +5. Costs 12 TP.
10: Deals 165% damage. 50% infliction rate. Has a Hit Rate of 99. Has an Action Speed of +5. Costs 12 TP.

A very basic and weak damage skill. Not really worth it. While the Shogun is plenty fast, their LUC and TEC stats are really lackluster, so the Stun probably won't proc most of the time in big fights. The Shogun also has far better things to do than attempting to Stun enemies, so I advise skipping this.

Myoujou/Magatoki (Morning Star/Wicked Time)
Stats Used: STR
Target Type: Random
Action Speed: +3
Prerequisites: Katana Mastery – Level 5

The Shogun hits enemies on the field a random amount of times, dealing Slash damage in the process. If used during the daytime (7 AM to 6 PM)/nighttime (7 PM to 6 AM), the damage output increases. Higher levels of the skill increase the number of hits, damage output, and hit rate.

1: Hits 2 to 3 times. Deals 80% damage per hit. Increases to 104% during the day/night. Has a Hit Rate of 89. Costs 11 TP.
2: Hits 2 to 3 times. Deals 82% damage per hit. Increases to 109% during the day/night. Has a Hit Rate of 90. Costs 12 TP.
3: Hits 2 to 3 times. Deals 84% damage per hit. Increases to 114% during the day/night. Has a Hit Rate of 91. Costs 13 TP.
4: Hits 2 to 3 times. Deals 86% damage per hit. Increases to 119% during the day/night. Has a Hit Rate of 92. Costs 14 TP.
5: Hits 2 to 3 times. Deals 88% damage per hit. Increases to 124% during the day/night. Has a Hit Rate of 93. Costs 15 TP.
6: Hits 2 to 4 times. Deals 90% damage per hit. Increases to 127% during the day/night. Has a Hit Rate of 94. Costs 17 TP.
7: Hits 2 to 4 times. Deals 92% damage per hit. Increases to 133% during the day/night. Has a Hit Rate of 95. Costs 18 TP.
8: Hits 2 to 4 times. Deals 94% damage per hit. Increases to 139% during the day/night. Has a Hit Rate of 96. Costs 19 TP.
9: Hits 2 to 4 times. Deals 97% damage per hit. Increases to 143% during the day/night. Has a Hit Rate of 97. Costs 21 TP.
10: Hits 2 to 4 times. Deals 100% damage per hit. Increases to 150% during the day/night. Has a Hit Rate of 98. Costs 23 TP.

Here's one of the Shogun's main damage skills. They're a bit gimmicky in that you need to use them at certain times of day in order to have them deal more damage. You could max out both skills to get around that, but that's a pretty big skill point investment. At any rate, at level 10, they deal an average of 300% or 450% damage depending on when you use them. Their average damage output is less than 5-Ring Sword's, but their damage is more consistent. Whether you take these or that skill instead is up to you. But if you're planning on making a Warrior Might party, you should ignore this.

5-Ring Sword
Target Type: Random
Prerequisites: Katana Mastery – Level 10, Daifuhensha – Level 3

The Shogun hits enemies on the field a random amount of times, dealing Slash damage in the process. If the Shogun has 2 weapons equipped, then the maximum number of hits doubles. Higher levels of the skill increase the number of hits, damage output, and hit rate.

1: Hits 2 to 3 times. Hits 2 to 6 times if dual wielding. Deals 70% damage per hit. Has a Hit Rate of 89. Costs 15 TP.
2: Hits 2 to 3 times. Hits 2 to 6 times if dual wielding. Deals 72% damage per hit. Has a Hit Rate of 90. Costs 16 TP.
3: Hits 2 to 3 times. Hits 2 to 6 times if dual wielding. Deals 74% damage per hit. Has a Hit Rate of 91. Costs 17 TP.
4: Hits 2 to 3 times. Hits 2 to 6 times if dual wielding. Deals 76% damage per hit. Has a Hit Rate of 92. Costs 18 TP.
5: Hits 2 to 4 times. Hits 2 to 8 times if dual wielding. Deals 78% damage per hit. Has a Hit Rate of 93. Costs 20 TP.
6: Hits 2 to 4 times. Hits 2 to 8 times if dual wielding. Deals 80% damage per hit. Has a Hit Rate of 94. Costs 22 TP.
7: Hits 2 to 4 times. Hits 2 to 8 times if dual wielding. Deals 82% damage per hit. Has a Hit Rate of 95. Costs 24 TP.
8: Hits 2 to 4 times. Hits 2 to 8 times if dual wielding. Deals 84% damage per hit. Has a Hit Rate of 96. Costs 26 TP.
9: Hits 2 to 5 times. Hits 2 to 10 times if dual wielding. Deals 86% damage per hit. Has a Hit Rate of 97. Costs 28 TP.
10: Hits 2 to 5 times. Hits 2 to 10 times if dual wielding. Deals 90% damage per hit. Has a Hit Rate of 98. Costs 30 TP.

Probably the Shogun's best damage skill, if we aren't counting Warrior Might. At level 10, it deals 540% damage on average, which is higher than Myoujou's and Magatoki's average damage output. But the damage is a lot more inconsistent here. It's worth noting that since this skill requires the user to be dual wielding, and the only class that can do so is the Shogun, it's useless on another class. Whether you have your Shogun take this is up to you, but if you're using one for Warrior Might ammo, you should probably ignore this.

Unified Spirit
Equipment Needed: N/A
Body Part: Head
Target Type: Self
Action Speed: +6
Prerequisites: Endure – Level 3

Places a buff that prevents the Shogun from being hit with binds for 4 turns. Unlike Prevent Order, the buff is not dispelled if it blocks a bind. Increasing the skill level only decreases the TP cost.

1: Costs 12 TP.
2: Costs 10 TP.
3: Costs 8 TP.
4: Costs 6 TP.
5: Costs 4 TP.

Ehh, I guess if you really want it? It can be handy, but a Shogun has better things to do other than preventing themselves from being bound. Could be more useful on a support class. It is a prerequisite to their best damage skill, so that's something to keep in mind.

Daifuhensha (Great Militarist)
Prerequisites: Endure – Level 5

The Shogun strikes a pose, which causes their physical attack and defense to increase for 4 turns, but also causes enemies to target them more often. The provoke component acts exactly like Provoke and Otori, and the buff will overwrite them if the chosen ally has those buffs in place. Higher skill levels increases the damage boost, damage reduction, and maximum aggro rate. Does not affect elemental or Almighty damage.

1: 15% attack increase. 15% damage reduction. Maximum aggro value of 5. Costs 10 TP.
2: 18% attack increase. 17% damage reduction. Maximum aggro value of 6. Costs 11 TP.
3: 21% attack increase. 19% damage reduction. Maximum aggro value of 7. Costs 12 TP.
4: 24% attack increase. 22% damage reduction. Maximum aggro value of 8. Costs 13 TP.
5: 27% attack increase. 25% damage reduction. Maximum aggro value of 9. Costs 14 TP.
6: 30% attack increase. 28% damage reduction. Maximum aggro value of 10. Costs 15 TP.
7: 33% attack increase. 31% damage reduction. Maximum aggro value of 11. Costs 16 TP.
8: 37% attack increase. 34% damage reduction. Maximum aggro value of 12. Costs 17 TP.
9: 41% attack increase. 37% damage reduction. Maximum aggro value of 13. Costs 18 TP.
10: 45% attack increase. 40% damage reduction. Maximum aggro value of 15. Costs 20 TP.

This skill is a double-edged sword. While the attack boost and damage reduction are nice, it also causes enemies to target the Shogun more often, which probably isn't what you want. On other offensive classes, this could be a worthwhile skill. Especially on Gladiators, who are durable enough to not really care about being attacked more often.

Fore Honor
Prerequisites: Morale Boost – Level 3

The Shogun appoints themselves or someone else to be the vanguard, increasing their damage output, and increasing their action speed by +5000, but also lowers their defense for 4 turns. Higher levels increase the damage boost, but also increases how much damage the chosen ally takes. Affects all damage types, including Almighty. Overwrites Rear Dignity if that buff is already in place.

1: 10% attack increase. Increases damage taken by 20%. Costs 8 TP.
2: 12% attack increase. Increases damage taken by 23%. Costs 8 TP.
3: 14% attack increase. Increases damage taken by 26%. Costs 9 TP.
4: 17% attack increase. Increases damage taken by 29%. Costs 10 TP.
5: 20% attack increase. Increases damage taken by 32%. Costs 11 TP.
6: 23% attack increase. Increases damage taken by 35%. Costs 12 TP.
7: 26% attack increase. Increases damage taken by 38%. Costs 13 TP.
8: 29% attack increase. Increases damage taken by 42%. Costs 14 TP.
9: 32% attack increase. Increases damage taken by 46%. Costs 15 TP.
10: 35% attack increase. Increases damage taken by 50%. Costs 16 TP.

So this is a pretty interesting skill. It's a turn order skill, but it's a buff instead of a one time thing. Also unlike Knighthood, it isn't bugged, so you don't have to worry about casting it on the wrong slot. Another interesting aspect about it is that it increases the damage of all damage types, making it one of the few ways to increase elemental and Almighty damage in the game. However, it also lowers the target's defense to all damage types, so be careful about that.

Rear Dignity
Action Speed: -1030
Prerequisites: Morale Boost – Level 3

The Shogun appoints themselves or someone else to be the rear guard, increasing their defense, but also lowers their damage output, and lowers their action speed by -10000 for 4 turns. Higher levels increase the defense boost, but also decreases how much damage the chosen ally deals. Affects all damage types, including Almighty. Overwrites Fore Honor if that buff is already in place.

1: 20% damage reduction. Lowers attack by 20%. Costs 8 TP.
2: 23% damage reduction. Lowers attack by 22%. Costs 8 TP.
3: 27% damage reduction. Lowers attack by 24%. Costs 9 TP.
4: 31% damage reduction. Lowers attack by 26%. Costs 10 TP.
5: 35% damage reduction. Lowers attack by 28%. Costs 11 TP.
6: 39% damage reduction. Lowers attack by 30%. Costs 12 TP.
7: 43% damage reduction. Lowers attack by 32%. Costs 13 TP.
8: 47% damage reduction. Lowers attack by 34%. Costs 14 TP.
9: 51% damage reduction. Lowers attack by 36%. Costs 15 TP.
10: 55% damage reduction. Lowers attack by 40%. Costs 16 TP.

Well this is kind of a weird defensive skill. Like with Fore Honor, this does affect all damage types when dealing and taking damage. But it's not really that useful. I mean having an ally act last isn't really that great of an idea. And while doing something like increasing your Hoplite's defenses is nice, it makes their defensive skills useless because they can't first during the turn.

There is one other aspect of the skill that could make this worth using. For one thing, Rear Dignity is bugged. In fact, it has the exact same bug that Knighthood has. Except instead of Knighthood granting the enemy a huge boost to their action speed, Rear Dignity flat out makes the enemy move last. But only on the turn this skill gets casted. Otherwise this skill works normally. That can be handy to take advantage of in certain fights, but I doubt you'd want your Shogun casting this repeatedly instead of attacking. Of course another class could take advantage of this for them.

Ambush Stance
Target Type: Row
Prerequisites: Fore Honor – Level 3, Rear Dignity – Level 3

The Shogun commands a row to assume a battle formation, causing them make a counterattack when they take damage for the current turn. The target's stats, passives, and weapon properties, such as forges, are taken into consideration when they make the counterattack. If Charge or Etheric Charge was cast, it will be used up on the counterattack. Etheric Charge's damage boost only applies if elemental forges were on the weapon. Higher levels increase the counterattack damage and accuracy. If the target has their arms bound, they cannot make a counterattack.

1: Deals 100% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 89. Costs 10 TP.
2: Deals 103% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 90. Costs 10 TP.
3: Deals 106% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 91. Costs 11 TP.
4: Deals 109% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 92. Costs 12 TP.
5: Deals 112% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 93. Costs 13 TP.
6: Deals 115% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 94. Costs 14 TP.
7: Deals 118% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 95. Costs 15 TP.
8: Deals 122% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 96. Costs 16 TP.
9: Deals 126% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 97. Costs 17 TP.
10: Deals 130% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 98. Costs 18 TP.

Honestly, this is a pretty gimmicky skill. Aside from a skill that increases someone's aggro value, there's no real way to control who does the couterattacks. It's a way to get extra damage in, but there's better skills for that. And supports aren't likely to do much damage since a lot of support classes have low STR stats.

Warrior Might
Body Part: Leg
Target Type: Chaser
Action Speed: +60
Prerequisites: Unified Spirit – Level 3, Bloody Lance – Level 3

The Shogun lowers their defenses in order to chase the attacks of their allies. Every hit an ally makes will always be chased. When the Shogun chases an attack, their weapon properties, such as forges, are taken into consideration. Higher levels increases the chase damage and accuracy, but also increases the amount of damage they take.

1: Deals 85% damage per chase. Has a Hit Rate of 94. Increases damage taken by 50%. Costs 10 TP.
2: Deals 93% damage per chase. Has a Hit Rate of 94. Increases damage taken by 58%. Costs 11 TP.
3: Deals 102% damage per chase. Has a Hit Rate of 95. Increases damage taken by 66%. Costs 12 TP.
4: Deals 111% damage per chase. Has a Hit Rate of 95. Increases damage taken by 74%. Costs 13 TP.
5: Deals 120% damage per chase. Has a Hit Rate of 96. Increases damage taken by 82%. Costs 14 TP.
6: Deals 129% damage per chase. Has a Hit Rate of 96. Increases damage taken by 90%. Costs 16 TP.
7: Deals 138% damage per chase. Has a Hit Rate of 97. Increases damage taken by 98%. Costs 18 TP.
8: Deals 147% damage per chase. Has a Hit Rate of 97. Increases damage taken by 107%. Costs 20 TP.
9: Deals 156% damage per chase. Has a Hit Rate of 98. Increases damage taken by 116%. Costs 22 TP.
10: Deals 165% damage per chase. Has a Hit Rate of 98. Increases damage taken by 125%. Costs 24 TP.

Oh boy. If you wondered what would happen if Chaser skills could activate forever, you would get this skill. Say hello to the single most overpowered skill in the game, and the reason most people ally with Armoroad. This skill (and how bad the Buccaneer's Chasers are) are pretty much the reason Chasers got replaced with Links in EO4. It deals slightly less damage than the Buccaneer's Chasers, and it can activate way more often at the cost of dropping the Shogun's defenses big time. Naturally, such a skill could deal a large amount of damage if there were lots of attacks to chase. However, multihit skills won't cause a chase for each hit, but multiple actions taken through say, Swashbuckling, will trigger a chase for each hit. So people came up with a party to maximize this skill's damage potential. The party is as follows:

Gladiator/Shogun, Hoplite/Whatever, Shogun/Buccaneer, Shogun/Buccaneer, Monk/Prince.

The Gladiator/Shogun is the main user of Warrior Might. Why not a Shogun? Well the Gladiator is one of the most durable classes in the game, and they come with Endless Battle, which increases Warrior Might's damage. Oh, and before you get your hopes up, Charge does not work with this. They're basically the safest choice for a Warrior Might user, though some people prefer using an Arbalist/Shogun. One reason being is because of their higher STR stat.

If you're curious on how much damage each class offers, let's do some math.

Gladiators come with Endless Battle, and Berserker's Vow. Which are 1.25 and 1.9 multipliers. And other physical attack boosts are 1.45 multipliers so it would come out to 1.25 * 1.9 * 1.45 * 1.45 = 4.993.

For Arbalists, they come with Giant Kill, but don't have access to Berserker's Vow, so they're stuck with a 3rd 1.45 multiplier. This would come out to 1.55 * 1.45 * 1.45 * 1.45 = 4.725. So it's not that big a difference between damage, if you don't take STR into consideration.

As for how that party factors in, A Shogun with Second Sword can hit an enemy up to 9 times if they have Swashbuckling at level 10. And 2 Shogun Buccaneers can get up to 18 hits, which would mean 18 chases. However, Limit skills can also be chased, and there's at least one that's incorporated into Warrior Might setups, so that's another hit, bringing the total up to 19. If the Hoplite and Monk decide to poke at the enemy, that's another 2 hits, bringing the total up to 21. So if a level 10 Warrior Might does a total of 21 chases, that would essentially be a 3465% damage skill. That's pretty absurd, and that's not taking in the factors from the buffs. If we take that 4.993 multiplier from earlier, that would turn Warrior Might into a 17300% damage skill. That's utterly ridiculous, and pretty much almost nothing in the game will survive that.

Essentially, you annihilate everything through the power of math, since nothing in the game, not even any of the post-game bosses, can stand up to that much math.

Fusillade (Salvo)/Blitz Command
Action Speed: +13/+3
Prerequisites: Morale Boost – Level 5/Fusillade – Level 3

Fusillade has the Shogun command everyone who has a Gun or a Crossbow equipped to open fire on the enemy. The Shogun themselves will not attack, even if they have those weapons equipped. When an ally attacks, their stats, passives, and weapon properties, such as forges, are taken into consideration. If Charge or Etheric Charge was cast, it will be used up on the attack. Etheric Charge's damage boost only applies if elemental forges were on the weapon. Higher levels increase the damage output and accuracy. If the target has their arms bound, they cannot attack. This skill will do nothing if no one in the party is wielding a Gun or a Crossbow.

Blitz Command has the Shogun command everyone to attack the enemy. The Shogun themselves will participate in the attack. When an ally attacks, their stats, passives, and weapon properties, such as forges, are taken into consideration. If Charge or Etheric Charge was cast, it will be used up on the attack. Etheric Charge's damage boost only applies if elemental forges were on the weapon. Higher levels increase the damage output and accuracy. If the target has their arms bound, they cannot attack. The damage and accuracy scaling for Blitz Command is the exact same as Fusillade's. Only the TP costs are different between the two skills.

1: Deals 100% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 89. Costs 8/14 TP.
2: Deals 104% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 90. Costs 8/15 TP.
3: Deals 108% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 91. Costs 9/16 TP.
4: Deals 112% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 92. Costs 9/17 TP.
5: Deals 116% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 93. Costs 10/18 TP.
6: Deals 120% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 94. Costs 11/19 TP.
7: Deals 125% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 95. Costs 12/20 TP.
8: Deals 130% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 96. Costs 13/22 TP.
9: Deals 135% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 97. Costs 14/24 TP.
10: Deals 140% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 98. Costs 15/26 TP.

Fusillade is kind of useless unless your entire party has a Gun or Crossbow in their hand. Even then this is just a gimmicky ability. I recommend ignoring it.

Blitz Command is essentially a better version of Fusillade, since it commands everyone to attack. Still, it's not too great unless everyone in the party are damage dealers, as it's unlikely that supports will deal much damage. I only recommend taking this if your Shogun is mainly a support.

Retreat
Stats Used: AGI, LUC
Target Type: N/A
Action Speed: +30

This skill has the Shogun attempt to escape from battle with their allies. Higher levels increase the escape rate.

1: 40% escape rate. Costs 5 TP.
2: 50% escape rate. Costs 5 TP.
3: 60% escape rate. Costs 5 TP.
4: 70% escape rate. Costs 5 TP.
5: 80% escape rate. Costs 5 TP.

Kind of redundant and unnecessary. If the escape rates weren't so skewed in the player's favor, this could be a helpful ability. But as it stands, you really don't need this. It does let you escape from FOEs if you get cornered, but you really shouldn't be letting that happen.

Subclasses:

Prince/ss:

If you want to stick your Shogun into a support role, you could make them into a Prince/ss. But honestly, the combination would be better the other way around, since Prince/sses are much more durable, and have a bigger TP pool.

Gladiator:

If you want to make your Shogun into a straight damage dealer, this is the best sub for them. Berserker's Vow and Charge can make 5-Ring Sword or Myoujou/Magatoki deal a lot of damage if you role a good amount of hits. While Charge won't work on Warrior Might, Berserker's Vow will. Although in all honesty, if you're gonna make use of Warrior Might, the combination is much better the other way around. Gladiators are much more durable and don't mind the defense drop nearly as much as a Shogun would.

Hoplite:

Well their defensive kit could give the Shogun more survivability, since Parry and Magic Parry. And since Spears are ranged weapons, this subclass enables Shoguns to attack from the back row, which adds to their survivability.

Buccaneer:

This is pretty much the most popular choice for a subclass if you want to stick your Shogun into a support role. Swashbuckling makes them great fuel for Warrior Might, and it synergizes greatly with Limit Boost. If the Shogun gets at least 7 hits, their Limit Gauge will fill up in one turn. And Eagle Eye is a handy support ability to have. As for how Swashbuckling interacts with Second Sword, these are pretty much your exact chances on getting these hits if Swashbuckling is at level 10.

2 hits: 40.96%
3 hits: 24.29%
4 hits: 15.93%
5 hits: 7.64%
6 hits: 3.44%
7 hits: 1.49%
8 hits: 0.62%
9 hits: 0.43%

So on average, you'll get 3.122 hits with Second Sword and Swashbuckling. Buccaneers also give Shoguns the ability to wield Guns, enabling them to use Katana skills from the back row without any damage penalties, so that's another perk of the class.

Ninja:

Thanks to Second Sword, Shoguns are able to use the Ninja's damage skills without suffering the downsides of using a Dagger. Which allows their damage skills like Tagen Battou to hit a lot harder than it normally does.

Monk:

Shoguns are terrible healers thanks to their low TEC and TP pools. But Second Sword does allow them to use fist skills with a Katana. Ascetic Deeds adds a bit more survivability to the Shogun.

Zodiac:

Singularity does work with Warrior Might, which increases its damage output even more. But otherwise, this class doesn't have much to offer them.

Wildling:

Well there's Primal Drums. That's always useful. But as a summoner? Yeah, Shoguns really aren't the best class for that, especially since their LUC and TEC stats are not ideal for inflicting ailments.

Arbalist:

This subclass can enable Shoguns to use ranged Katana attacks from the back row, thanks to Second Sword. So it can be a good way to add to their survivability.

Farmer:

You must really want Persistence or field skills. Come on, you can do better.

Shoguns are a bit of an odd class, being a mix of offense and support and having really fragile defenses. However, they are capable of breaking the game wide open if you wish to do so. And even if you ignore their game breaking ability, they're still a force to be reckoned with, whether they're a damage dealer or a support.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 15, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Use a different class. I'm serious, use a different class.

Come on, it's not too late. There's 11 other very attractive options, you know. Well I guess 10 if you already allied with the Deep City.

No? Fine. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Class Showcase: Yggdroid

I gotta say, out of all the class designs in the game, these are easily my least favorite of the bunch. They all look really ugly and creepy. Anyways, originally known as Andros, Yggdroids are one of the unlockable classes in this game. You unlock these after completing the mission given to you by the Deep City on the 11th floor. Their role is... uhh, their role... You know what, try to decide for yourself what their role is, because I can't figure it out myself!

If I had to make a comparison to a class from an earlier Etrian Odyssey game, I would compare them to Beasts in EO2. You know, the novelty class in EO2 that turned out to be really useless once you put one in your party. Remember those guys? (For the record, I'm talking about EO2 Beasts, not EO2U Beasts where they're actually super good.) Yeah, and like Beasts, the novelty of having a robot in your party is gonna wear out real quick when you realize that they're really hard to work with and not good at their jobs.

So what are these gimmicks that bring them down? Just read on, and you'll see how stupidly designed this class is. For one thing, subclassing normally enhances a class. Yggdoirds need subclasses to even function because a lot of their own skills are terrible. Seriously, there are only a few skills from the Yggdroid skill tree that are worth having.

Oh and one more thing, if you allied with the Deep City in hopes of using them as a subclass, well I hate to break it to you, but Yggdroids can't be used as a subclass. So no, you can't give your Princess or Farmer or whatever cybernetic enhancements. Actually kind of a shame too, because the Yggdroid does have a few abilities that would really help out other classes.

Honestly, the only time this class is really useful is if you're using a gimmick strategy or party, because they do have to tools to pull those off more easily than the other classes can. Outside of those, they're not worth using, trust me. Even if you do everything in your power to make them workable in a regular party, chances are that another class can do the job far better and far more easily.

Equipment:
Weapons: Daggers and Books.
Armor: Heavy Armor, Light Armor, Clothes, Gloves, Boots, and Accessories.

Remember when I said that Yggdroids needed a subclass to even function? Here's one of the reasons why. They can't use any weapons other than Daggers and Books! AKA, the weapons that all the classes can already equip, and do really terrible amounts of damage. And if you try to use their damage skills with only their fists (without a Monk subclass) their damage output is gonna drop heavily. They can wear Heavy Armor at least, so they're pretty durable.

Stats

Level 1
HP: 55
TP: 60
STR: 10
VIT: 9
AGI: 3
LUC: 2
TEC: 6

Level 35
HP: 276
STR: 40
VIT: 38
AGI: 19
LUC: 14
TEC: 25

Level 70
HP: 504
STR: 70
VIT: 68
AGI: 35
LUC: 26
TEC: 45

Level 99
HP: 645
STR: 89
VIT: 87
AGI: 45
LUC: 34
TEC: 58

You probably noticed something a little funny with one of their stats. Namely that their TP is stuck at 60 at all levels. That's not a typo, that's one of the main gimmicks of the class. It's not permanently stuck there, as it can be increased through the use of equipment, retirement, and TP Up. Though maxing out TP Up would only increase their TP Pool to a measly 87 points. Whoopee.

At any rate, they have the highest HP and STR in the game, and the 2nd highest VIT stat. And since they can wear Heavy Armor, this makes them the most durable class in the game. However, they're also really slow, since they have the 2nd lowest AGI stat in the game. Not only that, but they also have the lowest LUC stat in the game, and a pretty mediocre TEC stat. Which means that they're super susceptible to ailments, and they have terrible accuracy with their attacks.

Other

Yggdroids do have one perk to them. They're completely immune to binds. This isn't part of a skill or anything, they just come with that ability. No matter how hard an enemy tries, they'll never be able to inflict a bind on them, so that's handy.

Sleep Mode
Skill Type: Class Skill

When the Yggdroid gets bound, they restore a certain amount of TP per turn depending on how many binds they have at the time. Increasing the skill level increases the amount of TP restored.

1: Restores 1 TP per bind.
2: Restores 2 TP per bind.
3: Restores 3 TP per bind.
4: Restores 4 TP per bind.
5: Restores 5 TP per bind.
6: Restores 6 TP per bind.
7: Restores 7 TP per bind.
8: Restores 8 TP per bind.
9: Restores 9 TP per bind.
10: Restores 10 TP per bind.

Now didn't I just say they're immune to binds? Well truth is, the Yggdroids do have some skills that inflict binds on themselves, and self inflicted ailments and binds always ignores any resistances or immunities. Don't worry, the dev team wasn't that crazy.

Normally I'm not too big on TP restoration abilities, but for Yggdroids, this is practically mandatory. This is the only way (outside of subclassing) for them to recover TP without having to chug down a ton of Amritas.

Data Mining

This passive increases the amount of damage their critical hits deal, and increases their critical hit rate. Higher levels increase the critical hit damage and rate.

1: Critical hits deal 130% damage. Critical hit rate is increased by 5%.
2: Critical hits deal 135% damage. Critical hit rate is increased by 5%.
3: Critical hits deal 140% damage. Critical hit rate is increased by 6%.
4: Critical hits deal 150% damage. Critical hit rate is increased by 6%.
5: Critical hits deal 155% damage. Critical hit rate is increased by 7%.
6: Critical hits deal 160% damage. Critical hit rate is increased by 7%.
7: Critical hits deal 165% damage. Critical hit rate is increased by 8%.
8: Critical hits deal 170% damage. Critical hit rate is increased by 8%.
9: Critical hits deal 180% damage. Critical hit rate is increased by 9%.
10: Critical hits deal 190% damage. Critical hit rate is increased by 10%.

Notes:
-Critical hits normally deal 150% damage, meaning that that first three levels actually decrease the amount of damage critical hits deal.

This is essentially the Yggdroid's weapon mastery skill, since they don't have any exclusive weapons. Like all weapon mastery skills, this is awful, and the first three levels are actually detrimental to the Yggdroid. Considering how terrible critical hits are, I highly recommend skipping this if you don't care about the skills it unlocks. If you do want to unlock their skills, keep in mind that you only need 3 points in the skill at most to unlock stuff. If you want your Yggdroid to be able to deal the normal amount of crit damage, you'll have to level it up to 4.

Infravision

During the night (7 PM to 6 AM) the Yggdroid's hit rate and evasion increases. Higher levels increase the hit rate and evasion bonuses. Has no effect during the day.

1: Hit Rate is boosted by 5. Evasion is boosted by 10.
2: Hit Rate is boosted by 8. Evasion is boosted by 13.
3: Hit Rate is boosted by 11. Evasion is boosted by 16.
4: Hit Rate is boosted by 14. Evasion is boosted by 19.
5: Hit Rate is boosted by 17. Evasion is boosted by 22.
6: Hit Rate is boosted by 20. Evasion is boosted by 25.
7: Hit Rate is boosted by 23. Evasion is boosted by 28.
8: Hit Rate is boosted by 26. Evasion is boosted by 31.
9: Hit Rate is boosted by 30. Evasion is boosted by 34.
10: Hit Rate is boosted by 40. Evasion is boosted by 40.

Whether you want to max this out or not is up to you. This can make up for their sub par accuracy and evasion, but you'll have to traverse the Labyrinth at night at all times in order to get the most out of this.

Virus Scanner

Increases the Yggdroid's resistance against status ailments, Stuns, and Instant Death. Higher levels increase the Yggdroid's resistance. Does not affect binds.

1: Increases resistance by 20%.
2: Increases resistance by 28%.
3: Increases resistance by 31%.
4: Increases resistance by 34%.
5: Increases resistance by 37%.
6: Increases resistance by 40%.
7: Increases resistance by 43%.
8: Increases resistance by 46%.
9: Increases resistance by 49%.
10: Increases resistance by 52%.

You really should max this out. Not only does this help out since their LUC and TEC stats are pretty terrible, but this also counts for Accumulative Resistance. A max level Virus Scanner will set their resistances to all ailments at 48%, meaning that once they get hit by the same ailment twice, they can't be tagged with it again. Also a single resistance accessory that provides a 50% resistance to an ailment will give the Yggdroid complete immunity to it.

Overheat

Increases the Yggdroid's damage output, but causes them to lose HP each time they take an action. Higher levels increase the damage boost, but also increase the amount of HP lost.

1: Increases damage by 5%. Loses 1 HP per action.
2: Increases damage by 8%. Loses 3 HP per action.
3: Increases damage by 11%. Loses 5 HP per action.
4: Increases damage by 14%. Loses 7 HP per action.
5: Increases damage by 17%. Loses 11 HP per action.
6: Increases damage by 20%. Loses 29 HP per action.
7: Increases damage by 25%. Loses 47 HP per action.
8: Increases damage by 30%. Loses 67 HP per action.
9: Increases damage by 40%. Loses 89 HP per action.
10: Increases damage by 50%. Loses 127 HP per action.

Notes:
-Because this is a passive, this skill cannot be disabled once learned.
-Affects all damage types, including Almighty.
-Multi-hit skills will only cause the HP loss to activate once. But if the Yggdroid takes multiple actions (either through Swashbuckling or Double Action) then the HP loss will trigger for each action the Yggdroid takes.
-The HP Restoration from Recuperate and Ascetic Deeds will trigger after the HP loss.
-Limit skills, attacking, defending, using an item, or failing an escape attempt will consume HP.
-Switching will not consume HP.
-The HP loss cannot kill the Yggdroid.

So this is only damage boost the Yggdroid has. And it basically throws the Yggdroid's durability out the window in favor of turning them into a glass cannon. It's also required to unlock a few skills, so it's up to you where you want to stop with this. Once the Yggdroid learns this skill, there's no way to stop the HP loss without having the Yggdroid take a rest. This skill is also an example of what I meant by the Yggdroid's design being unfocused. The Yggdroid's natural durability is basically nullified by this ability. If you're after a certain skill, you have to max this out. But I wouldn't recommend it since said skill is really really terrible.

EM Barrier
Stats Used: TEC
Prerequisites: Overheat – Level 3

Whenever the Yggdroid gets attacked, they have a chance of counterattacking with a Volt attack. The attack also has a chance of Paralyzing their attacker. Higher skill levels increases the activation rate, damage output, accuracy, and infliction rate. Cannot trigger Chases.

1: 5% activation rate. Deals 40% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 89. 30% infliction rate.
2: 7% activation rate. Deals 43% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 90. 32% infliction rate.
3: 9% activation rate. Deals 46% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 91. 34% infliction rate.
4: 11% activation rate. Deals 49% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 92. 36% infliction rate.
5: 13% activation rate. Deals 52% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 93. 38% infliction rate.
6: 15% activation rate. Deals 55% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 94. 40% infliction rate.
7: 17% activation rate. Deals 58% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 95. 42% infliction rate.
8: 19% activation rate. Deals 62% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 96. 44% infliction rate.
9: 22% activation rate. Deals 66% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 97. 47% infliction rate.
10: 25% activation rate. Deals 70% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 98. 50% infliction rate.

Well, if your Yggdroid isn't built for tanking hits and defending others, than this is just a gimmicky skill that's just a waste of skill points. Yggdroids don't have stellar TEC stats so this can't be used for damage. It's also kind of unreliable for inflicting Paralysis since a) the Yggdroid has terrible LUC and TEC stats, and b) this skill activates randomly. And even if the enemy doesn't resist Paralysis at all, this skill only has a 12.5% to 25% chance of inflicting it on an enemy. Honestly I would recommend ignoring this.

Red Bot/Blue Bot/Yellow Bot
Target Type: Summon, Chaser
Prerequisites: Data Mining – Level 1

The Yggdroid summons a robot to chase their allies' Fire/Ice/Volt attacks. Higher levels increases the damage output, the Bot's HP and TP, their hit rate, and the chance that the Bot will keep chasing attacks.

1: Deals 80% damage. Bots have 40 HP and TP. 40% chance reduction per chase. (Maximum of 3 chases.) Has a hit rate of 89. Costs 10 TP.
2: Deals 90% damage. Bots have 60 HP and TP. 37% chance reduction per chase. (Maximum of 3 chases.) Has a hit rate of 90. Costs 11 TP.
3: Deals 100% damage. Bots have 80 HP and TP. 34% chance reduction per chase. (Maximum of 3 chases.) Has a hit rate of 91. Costs 12 TP.
4: Deals 110% damage. Bots have 110 HP and TP. 31% chance reduction per chase. (Maximum of 4 chases.) Has a hit rate of 92. Costs 13 TP.
5: Deals 120% damage. Bots have 140 HP and TP. 28% chance reduction per chase. (Maximum of 4 chases.) Has a hit rate of 93. Costs 14 TP.
6: Deals 130% damage. Bots have 175 HP and TP. 25% chance reduction per chase. (Maximum of 4 chases.) Has a hit rate of 94. Costs 15 TP.
7: Deals 140% damage. Bots have 210 HP and TP. 22% chance reduction per chase. (Maximum of 5 chases.) Has a hit rate of 95. Costs 16 TP.
8: Deals 150% damage. Bots have 250 HP and TP. 19% chance reduction per chase. (Maximum of 6 chases.) Has a hit rate of 96. Costs 17 TP.
9: Deals 160% damage. Bots have 290 HP and TP. 16% chance reduction per chase. (Maximum of 7 chases.) Has a hit rate of 97. Costs 18 TP.
10: Deals 170% damage. Bots have 360 HP and TP. 13% chance reduction per chase. (Maximum of 7 chases.) Has a hit rate of 98. Costs 20 TP.

Notes:
-Aside from HP and TP, Bots have the same stats as the Yggdroid.
-Bots are wearing the same equipment that the Yggdroid is wearing.
-Bots cannot receive buffs or debuffs.
-Bots do not have the Yggdroid's passives.
-Bots cannot be inflicted with ailments or binds.
-Bots can only be healed with the Resupply skill. All other healing skills and items will miss.
-When the Bot is killed, it will disappear from battle.
-The TP stat is merely cosmetic, and is not used at all in their attacks.
-Bots cannot chase other Chaser skills.
-If there are no empty slots in the party, then Bots cannot be summoned.

So here's another gimmick that the Yggdroid has. Bots. All they really do is chase attacks of a certain element. They're also used in a few other skills. But honestly, these are probably the worst summoned units you can make use of in the game. Animals can inflict ailments, and clones can do way more than those two. Unless you intend on using a gimmick party, you're better off ignoring these entirely.

Resupply
Target Type: AOE
Action Speed: -6
Prerequisites: Data Mining – Level 3

The Yggdroid heals all Bots in the battle. Higher levels increase the healing power. Affects Bots summoned by other Yggdroids. Has no effect on party members.

1: 70% healing power. Costs 5 TP.
2: 80% healing power. Costs 6 TP.
3: 90% healing power. Costs 7 TP.
4: 100% healing power. Costs 8 TP.
5: 110% healing power. Costs 9 TP.
6: 120% healing power. Costs 10 TP.
7: 140% healing power. Costs 11 TP.
8: 160% healing power. Costs 12 TP.
9: 180% healing power. Costs 13 TP.
10: 200% healing power. Costs 14 TP.

If you want to keep your Bots alive in the battle, this is the only way to do so. For the record, this does follow the healing formula, so this runs off of the Yggdroid's TEC stat. Which isn't stellar. Take it if you're using bots and want to keep them alive. Otherwise, ignore this.

All Out
Action Speed: +0
Prerequisites: Data Mining – Level 3

The Yggdroid strikes at an enemy, dealing damage. All Bots on the field will attack the chosen enemy afterward. Increasing the level of this skill increases the damage the Yggdroid's attack does. The hit rate is fixed at 98.

1: Deals 100% damage. Costs 15 TP.
2: Deals 105% damage. Costs 16 TP.
3: Deals 110% damage. Costs 17 TP.
4: Deals 115% damage. Costs 18 TP.
5: Deals 120% damage. Costs 20 TP.
6: Deals 125% damage. Costs 22 TP.
7: Deals 135% damage. Costs 25 TP.
8: Deals 145% damage. Costs 28 TP.
9: Deals 155% damage. Costs 31 TP.
10: Deals 165% damage. Costs 35 TP.

Notes:
-Does not affect the damage output of the Bots. Only affects the Yggdroid's initial attack.
-The initial attack carries any properties from the Yggdroid's weapon, such as damage type and forges.
-Bots can still chase attacks during this time.
-Bots from other Yggdroids will participate in the attack, however this skill cannot be used if the Yggdroid's own Bots are not on the field.
-If this skill gets casted and the Yggdroid's Bots are all destroyed before the Yggdroid can use it, the Yggdroid will still carry out the initial attack.
-If the initial attack misses, the Bots will not attack the enemy.

So All Out is one skill that relies on having Bots out. And it sucks. You basically need more than one Bot out to deal any serious damage with it. And even then, it's probably best to just leave this skill at level 1. Just look at that TP cost. The Bots are probably gonna be your biggest source of damage in that case and the initial attack doesn't deal that much damage. And unless your Yggdroid's arms and legs are bound, they're gonna run dry fast.

Reflector
Action Speed: +30
Prerequisites: Resupply – Level 3, All Out – Level 3

The Yggdroid orders their Bots to nullify any elemental attacks the enemy casts for the turn. The attacks that get nullified depend on which Bots are on the field. (i.e. Red Bots will nullify Fire attacks.) Having Bots of all types on the field will nullify all elemental attacks. Afterwards, the Bot that nullified the attack will counterattack with that damage type. Only the Yggdroid's own Bots will nullify and counter attacks. Bots summoned by other Yggdroids will not participate in nullifying attacks. Increasing the skill level increases how much damage the counterattack does. Counterattacks from the Bots cannot miss.

1: Deals 120% Damage. Costs 14 TP.
2: Deals 150% Damage. Costs 15 TP.
3: Deals 190% Damage. Costs 16 TP.
4: Deals 230% Damage. Costs 18 TP.
5: Deals 270% Damage. Costs 20 TP.

So this acts like the Anti elemental skills and the Prophecies in that it nullifies elemental attacks. However, there's one big problem with this. The Yggdroid needs to spend a turn setting up and summoning the Bot needed to nullify any attacks. Also, putting more than one skill point in this is a waste for the same reason that putting more than one skill point in the Prophecies are a waste. Chances are that the enemy that happened to cast say, a Volt attack, will be resistant or immune to said damage type, so the counterattack won't do much. There is one fight in the game where the Bots can do a lot of counterattack damage with these, so you can max this skill out for that occasion. Otherwise, just put one point in this, or ignore it entirely.

Shoot
Action Speed: -3
Prerequisites: Resupply – Level 5, All Out – Level 5

The Yggdroid attacks the target with the damage types of the Bots they deployed on the field. The Bots are destroyed afterward. The more Bots that are on the field, the more damage this skill does. The damage doubles for each Bot on the field. If all 3 types of Bots are on the field, than the damage output is tripled and the damage type becomes an Almighty attack. Increasing the skill level increases the damage output and accuracy. Bots summoned by other Yggdroids do not participate in the attack or get destroyed.

Damage formula:

B = Number of bots - 1
D = Damage multiplier. It is 100 + (10 * level)
If you have one of each bot, R = 3. Else, R = 1.
A = Previously calculated damage according to STR formula

Damage = ((2^(B) * R) * D * A) / 100

This is essentially the Yggdroid's version of Tagen Battou. It's more effective when you have more Bots on the field. And in order to summon more bots on the field, you need empty spaces. So in order to summon 5 Bots, your Yggdroid has to be solo. This is pretty much a gimmick ability that only shines when you have less people in the party. If only 1 or 2 kinds of Bots are on the field, you can boost the damage through Singularity and Etheric Charge, since it is an elemental attack in that case. However, that won't work if all 3 types of Bots are deployed, since the attack turns into an Almighty attack by then. If only 1 or 2 types of Bots are deployed, Singularity and Etheric Charge will increase the damage more than if all 3 types were deployed. However, that requires more setup. But aside from the obvious downside of needing less people, there's actually another downside that brings it down. Unlike Tagen Battou, which hits multiple times, Shoot only hits the target once. The reason this is a downside is because if you intend to cheese the very last boss in the game with this and set everything up perfectly, it'll ram head first into the damage cap (which is 59630.) That won't be enough to kill it, and you'll be out of Bots to deal damage with. Of course it'll destroy everything else, but that's something to keep in mind. In a normal party though? This ability is useless, unless you like running less than 5 people in a party.

Also, despite being called Shoot, this is a melee attack. So if your Yggdroid is in the back row without a Gun or a Crossbow equipped, it'll do half the amount of damage it should have done. So be careful about that.

Defrag
Body Part: N/A

If the Yggdroid has any binds on them, this skill will dispel them. Higher levels only decrease the TP cost. Does not work on ailments.

1: Costs 5 TP.
2: Costs 4 TP.
3: Costs 3 TP.
4: Costs 2 TP.
5: Costs 1 TP.

So I mentioned before that Yggdroids have a way to inflict binds on themselves to trigger their Class Skill. Before you can get those skills, you have to get this one to even unlock those. This skill is the only way to dispel any self inflicted bind. Unbind or Therica As will not free the Yggdroid from their binds, so that's something to be aware of. Max it out if you want, but it's not required.

Core Dump
Body Part: N/A
Prerequisites: Defrag – Level 3

This skill has the Yggdroid bind their own head, arms, and legs all at once. Higher levels only decrease the TP cost.

1: Costs 5 TP.
2: Costs 4 TP.
3: Costs 3 TP.
4: Costs 2 TP.
5: Costs 1 TP.

And if you want a quick way to recover TP, this skill lets your Yggdroid completely bind themselves to get the full benefits from Sleep Mode. Of course this heavily limits what skills you can use, so it's best saved for the times you really need your TP refilled. There is a skill that requires the Yggdroid to be fully bound in order to use, and maxing out this skill is a prerequisite for that.

Rocket Punch
Prerequisites: Defrag – Level 1

The Yggdroid launches their fists at the enemy, attacking them and dealing Strike damage twice. The Yggdroids arms are bound afterward. Increasing the skill level increases the damage output and accuracy.

1: Deals per 90% damage per hit. Has a Hit Rate of 94. Costs 15 TP.
2: Deals per 96% damage per hit. Has a Hit Rate of 94. Costs 16 TP.
3: Deals per 102% damage per hit. Has a Hit Rate of 95. Costs 17 TP.
4: Deals per 108% damage per hit. Has a Hit Rate of 95. Costs 18 TP.
5: Deals per 114% damage per hit. Has a Hit Rate of 96. Costs 19 TP.
6: Deals per 120% damage per hit. Has a Hit Rate of 96. Costs 20 TP.
7: Deals per 126% damage per hit. Has a Hit Rate of 97. Costs 21 TP.
8: Deals per 132% damage per hit. Has a Hit Rate of 97. Costs 22 TP.
9: Deals per 138% damage per hit. Has a Hit Rate of 98. Costs 23 TP.
10: Deals per 145% damage per hit. Has a Hit Rate of 98. Costs 25 TP.

As a damage skill, it sucks. The only reason to take it is to give a way for your Yggdroid to bind their arms, and their arms only. Oh and since this skill binds the Yggdroid's arms, you can't use it again without using Defrag first. Honestly, I would only take one point in this.

Rocket Headbutt
Prerequisites: Core Dump – Level 5, Overheat – Level 10

The Yggdroid fires their head at the enemy, dealing Pierce damage to every enemy on the field. The Yggdroid's head is bound afterward. Increasing the skill level increases the damage output and accuracy.

1: Deals per 90% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 94. Costs 18 TP.
2: Deals per 98% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 94. Costs 19 TP.
3: Deals per 106% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 95. Costs 20 TP.
4: Deals per 114% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 95. Costs 21 TP.
5: Deals per 122% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 96. Costs 22 TP.
6: Deals per 130% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 96. Costs 23 TP.
7: Deals per 138% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 97. Costs 24 TP.
8: Deals per 146% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 97. Costs 26 TP.
9: Deals per 155% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 98. Costs 28 TP.
10: Deals per 165% damage. Has a Hit Rate of 98. Costs 30 TP.

Well it's an AOE, so I guess that's something? At any rate, this skill mostly serves as a way to bind your Yggdroid's head and head only. Like with Rocket Punch, I'd put only one point in this, because the increased damage does not make up for that massive TP cost. And you can only use this once before having to use Defrag, so I don't find the damage to be worth it at all.

Rocket Jump
Action Speed: Varies
Prerequisites: Defrag – Level 1

The Yggdroid launches themselves into the air, avoiding everything that comes their way. This includes items, healing, ailment dispels, and buffs from allies. The Yggdroid's legs are bound afterward. Higher levels increase the action speed and decreases the TP cost.

1: Has an Action Speed of +0. Costs 15 TP.
2: Has an Action Speed of +10. Costs 14 TP.
3: Has an Action Speed of +20. Costs 13 TP.
4: Has an Action Speed of +40. Costs 12 TP.
5: Has an Action Speed of +60. Costs 10 TP.

Oh hey, this skill actually has some utility outside of getting the Yggdroid's body parts bound. You can use it to avoid any attacks, ailments, and debuffs to give a free bind to your Yggdroid. However, it'll also avoid everything that comes from your party, such as buffs, healing, and any dispels for debuffs and ailments. So that's something to keep in mind. I'd actually recommend maxing this out, since leg binds don't lock away too many skills, and the action speed boost turns this into the safest self-binding skill to use.

HP Cannon
Body Part: All body parts must be bound
Stats Used: HP, STR
Prerequisites: Core Dump – Level 5, Overheat – Level 10

The Yggdroid deals Almighty damage to one enemy. The lower the Yggdroid's HP is, the more damage the skill deals. The Yggdroid must have all their body parts bound in order to use this skill. Higher levels increase the damage output. The hit rate is fixed at 98. The damage formula for the skill is [((Max HP - Current HP) * Base Damage * Overheat Skill Power) / 2] (Because of the Arm Bind.) + a random number from 1 to 10 = Actual Damage.

1: Has a base damage of 155%. Actual damage output is 116%. Costs 5 TP.
2: Has a base damage of 160%. Actual damage output is 120%. Costs 6 TP.
3: Has a base damage of 165%. Actual damage output is 124%. Costs 7 TP.
4: Has a base damage of 170%. Actual damage output is 128%. Costs 8 TP.
5: Has a base damage of 175%. Actual damage output is 131%. Costs 9 TP.
6: Has a base damage of 185%. Actual damage output is 139%. Costs 10 TP.
7: Has a base damage of 195%. Actual damage output is 146%. Costs 11 TP.
8: Has a base damage of 205%. Actual damage output is 154%. Costs 12 TP.
9: Has a base damage of 215%. Actual damage output is 161%. Costs 13 TP.
10: Has a base damage of 225%. Actual damage output is 169%. Costs 14 TP.

Hey, remember Revenge in the second game? Remember how completely and utterly overpowered it was? (But not the first game. It sucked big time there.) This is not that skill. It is in fact the complete opposite. HP Cannon is actually really terrible and you shouldn't get this. The maximum amount of damage this skill can output is 1693. When the Yggdroid has 999 HP. Which they can only reach in the post-game. That's incredibly easy to surpass at that point. Also Revenge was broken in EO2 for several reasons that don't apply to HP Cannon. First of all, if the Revenge user died, they could be revived and go back to firing off 2k damage Revenges. You can't do that here since the Yggdroid needs to use Core Dump every time they die. Also, Revenge could deal a maximum of 2544 damage. By EO2 standards, that was a lot of damage. In EO3? That would be a pitiful amount. And Revenge's biggest selling point was that it could pierce defenses, because enemies in EO2 had massive defense stats and many of them had resistances to physical attacks. In EO3, exploiting weaknesses is far more important than ignoring defenses. Oh, and as a kicker? This is a melee attack. (Despite the fact that it's called HP CANNON.) Which means you can't even have your Yggdroid use this skill from the back row without suffering the back row damage penalty, unless they have a Gun or Crossbow equipped. Who designed these robots!? How are they even supposed to fight against the Deep Ones with these pea shooters!? Okay, getting back on track. Just ignore this unless you absolutely need a source of Almighty damage. And no, this is not good for Pasaran Hunting, because Pasarans resist Almighty damage. Actually you know what? Just ignore this skill entirely, because it's really really terrible.

By the way, you probably noticed that STR isn't factored into HP Cannon's damage formula, even though I said it uses the STR stat. Well that's because the skill was designed that way so the arm bind would halve the damage. If it weren't for that, this skill could deal a maximum of 3377 points of damage. Yeah. I pretty much listed out the base damage just so you could appreciate how this skill was designed.

Subclasses:

Well, you've probably noticed that I told you to ignore a lot of the Yggdroids skills because they're so bad. So what do you invest in? This is where subclassing comes in. It's pretty much agreed that the best way to use a Yggdroid is to invest in the few good skills they have, and invest the rest of their skill points into their subclass' skills. Yeah, it really says something about a class when people consider the best way to use them is to ignore most of their skills. Anyways, here are your options.

Prince/ss:

Well, you would have a more durable robot Prince/ss, but you would also have an extremely TP starved robot Prince/ss. Your Yggdroid would need their arms and legs bound in order to have enough TP to keep them going, and that will prevent them from doing anything else. Though they would be hard to lock down thanks to their innate bind immunity and Virus Scanner.

Gladiator:

Well, Overheat does provide a bigger damage boost than Endless Battle, but taking that and Berserker's Vow is essentially playing with fire. You'd need a Hoplite to baby sit them if you decided to do that. However, Infravision can mostly offset the accuracy loss from Nine Smashes if you wish to make use of that skill. However, your Yggdroid would need to be wearing Target Goggles in order to offset the accuracy loss from that skill completely. In other scenarios, well the boost from Infravision can make their skills hit more often than if a Gladiator was using them.

Hoplite:

This is probably one of the few viable choices for a subclass due to the nature of the Yggdroid. Their bind immunities and Virus Scanner make for a hard to disable defensive support. However, they would lack Guardian, and are stuck with their small TP pool, so those are issues to keep in mind. Still if you can play around those issues, they can be a decent defensive support since they would be incredibly hard to lock down.

Buccaneer:

I dunno what you're hoping to accomplish with this combo. Pincushion won't work out for them since the Yggdroids have terrible AGI. I guess you could get Lady Luck and Data Mining to make a Critdroid. And you could get Swashbuckling on top of that. But be careful if you decide to add Overheat to the mix, because each proc from Swashbuckling will cause the Yggdroid to lose HP.

Ninja:

Well, Yggdroids are probably one of the safer users of Tagen Battou, what with being durable and all, but that's a gimmick build, and all this subclass really offers them. Outside of that? The Ninja's skills don't synergize with the Yggdroid at all. You could try making use of their evasion passive to recover TP, since that stacks with Infravision, but that means using leg binds to restore TP isn't an option. And obviously the arm binds would lower the Yggdroid's damage. And head binds would cause them to take more damage from TEC attacks. Overall, the two classes don't mix. I'd say go for a different one.

Monk:

While Yggdroids would be incredibly terrible healing supports, Monks do have a few abilities that would benefit them. Ascetic Deeds can offset the HP loss from Overheat, and Yggdroids do have a big enough STR stat to be a decent Punch Monk. So that's something to consider.

Zodiac:

Good job. You've made a lovely wizard. A lovely robot wizard. They don't have good TEC and TP stats to keep casting spells. I mean you could use their spells to combo with their Bot's Chasers, and Etheric Charge does work with Shoot (As long as you only have 2 types of Bots deployed.) But Bots aren't really great summons, especially compared to a Bunshin clone. Really, Shoot is the only reason to take this as a subclass (Assuming you're not not summoning Bots of all 3 types.) There are much better choices otherwise.

Wildling:

Normally I'd say Primal Drums makes Wildling worth it as a subclass, but considering that Yggdroids need a subclass to even function, I would say that this is a bad choice. Animals cost way too much TP to summon, and while the animals will benefit from the Yggdroid's STR and VIT, the ailments are the main reason to use them, and Yggdroids have terrible LUC and TEC stats to make use of those. It doesn't help that animals are pretty mediocre summons compared to Bunshin clones.

Arbalist:

Well, you could use Front Mortar more safely, even though that skill eats through a huge chunk of the Yggdroid's TP. And while Overheat is almost as powerful as Giant Kill, Giant Kill doesn't take off chunks of the Yggdroid's HP every turn. While Double Action works with some of the Yggdroid's skills, it's honestly not too great when that does happen. Also Arbalists can sub Gladiator to get access to Berserker's Vow and Charge, while Yggdroid/Arbalist can't use those skills at all.

Farmer:

Congratulations. You have discovered the worst possible class/subclass combination in the game.

Shogun:

Well the only way to get a Yggdroid with a Shogun subclass is to play through the game at least twice using the New Game + option, and making sure to play through both the Armoroad and Deep City paths at least once. So if you have one already, chances are you're kind of overleveled for what the game can throw at you, and don't really need any help. Though I'll still give advice if you do intend to use this class combination seriously. Endure is a very nice passive for them to have, as it'll let them get off high powered HP Cannons more often. The Shogun's skills have a very high TP cost, so it's better to use an accessory that increases their TP pool instead of trying to make heavy use of Sleep Mode. Kaishaku requires the use of the arms, so if you want to make use of that, but are worried about it accidentally killing your party members, you can have your Yggdroid use Rocket Punch to prevent it from going off until it's needed. They are also one of the more durable Warrior Might users in the game, but Overheat will be necessary to make good use of it. Warrior Might also has the issue where it uses the legs, so binding the arms will halve the damage it can dish out, meaning that you'll have to bind your Yggdroid's Head to make use of Sleep Mode, which also comes with its own share of issues. (Takes increased damage from elemental attacks, Daifuhensha must be prepared in advance, and other head related skills cannot be used.)

I have absolutely no idea what the dev team was thinking when they designed this class. It's completely unfocused, there are too many gimmicks stuffed into the class. Even if you jump through all the hoops to make them usable, you're better off using the other classes to do that job. This class does not fit into a lot of party compositions easily, and the only real way to make them shine is to make gimmick parties, which most casual players aren't willing to do.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Jul 29, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Okay, so now's your time to vote! Vote for whether you want to side with Armoroad or the Deep City. Votes must be bolded, or they will be ignored!

Oh, and I'm only showing off one path in the playthrough, so pick wisely.

Grashbar
Aug 17, 2014
This was the point where I stopped playing EO3, because I didn't sign up for moral choices, I signed up for exploration.

But if I do have to make a coice, I'd consider Fetus' sanity, and go with Armoroad.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Armoroad
Especially if you use the alt-portrait 3 Shogun.

[E]: PSHHHHHHH rear dignity.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Oct 21, 2015

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
Armoroad. I always vote for Alice when character choices come up, I can't vote for you to make an Yggdroid on top of that.

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

Armoroad. I'd like to see Shoguns in action in the LP.

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.

Son Ryo posted:

I always vote for Alice when character choices come up, I can't vote for you to make an Yggdroid on top of that.

I don't, so I can!

Deep City. Sorry, Fetus.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Armoroad.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Armoroad, and I still can't believe you managed to convince me to vote against robots.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Armoroad because I have a distaste for profoundly useless characters. I really hope our Shogun will be that old dude because we do not have any old dudes in our party yet and we could use one.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
I was going to have it be Fetus's choice, but then I realized that was just voting for Armoroad anyway. Even if I really want to ally with the Deep City because the Senate seems like it's full of pricks.

8_Escape
Dec 26, 2013
There are lots of good reasons to vote for Armoroad so I will. I mean there are also plenty of good reasons to vote for the Deep City as well but they did try to kill us, repeatedly.

8_Escape fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Oct 21, 2015

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Armoroad. Samurai vs robots aside, the Senate, while skeevy and manipulative, has not yet tried to murder us yet. Also, given that I presume we'll be coming into conflict with the Deep Ones sooner or later siding with the side that wants us not to seems pointless.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Armoroad. Please god Armoroad.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Jesus christ. Their abilities suck and they're not cool looking? How the gently caress do you screw up the concept of a badass killer robot THAT badly?!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Essentially, you annihilate everything through the power of math, since nothing in the game, not even any of the post-game bosses, can stand up to that much math.

Go Armoroad, and please show this off on a post-game boss because holy poo poo I'm all about things getting butchered by math.

cuc
Nov 25, 2013
It seems the Yggroid's concept is that it fights using both summoned drones and its detachable head, legs and arms, which is a bit muddy in the English translation, as the translator went for a computer software theme for some skill names instead of the original's mecha tropes.

The idea is that when the Yggroid's body parts are "bound", they have actually been thrown out, either by the Rocket Punch / Rocket Headbutt / Rocket Jump skills, or ejected all at once. The "Defrag" skill is originally called "Parts Recovery", which is self-explanatory. The "Core Dump" skill is originally "Purge", which seems to be Japanese sci-fi shorthand for "ejecting all attachments immediately".

Accordingly, "Virus Scanner" is originally "Antibody Cultivation", hinting at the idea the Yggroid is vulnerable to status ailments probably because it has biological components.

>5-Ring Sword (Olympic Sword)

Actually the "5-ring" here refers to Miyamoto Musashi's "Book of Five Rings". The "five rings" represent the five elements of Hindu/Buddhist philosophy, which are the four classical elements plus "Void".

Your dictionary gives you "Olympic", because Gorin "Five Rings" is also a very common Japanese shorthand for Olympic Games. If you see Japanese people say Gorin Seika "the Sacred Flame of Five Rings", they are actually talking about the Olympic flame.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Deep city. Robots own.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

basically, the yggdroid is supposed to be the zeong from gundam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfS0r_nbmfw

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
except it's far less effective at doing anything

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Armoroad. If only to see Dr. Fetus break the game.

Plus, Yggdroids can die in a fire. I would be fine with how crappy they are if they at least looked cool.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Deep City!

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Armaroad

Mathematically speaking, well-trained humans are more capable of defeating powered-up Deep Ones than the Deep King's Yggdroids are capable of defeating normal Deep Ones. (Of course, you'll be doing all the work anyway, but...)

Also, while Kujara is kind of arrogant, he's really not that bad from what we've seen. Wheras post-betrayal Olympia is probably the most hatable character in the game.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I feel like the voting has been pretty nudged in favor of Armoroad considering how bad Yggdroids seem to be.

Far be it from me to ignore a hint when everyone insists on bringing Alice along! Armoroad ahoy!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

MightyPretenders posted:

Armaroad

Mathematically speaking, well-trained humans are more capable of defeating powered-up Deep Ones than the Deep King's Yggdroids are capable of defeating normal Deep Ones. (Of course, you'll be doing all the work anyway, but...)

Also, while Kujara is kind of arrogant, he's really not that bad from what we've seen. Wheras post-betrayal Olympia is probably the most hatable character in the game.

The fact that the humans are doing it via math as opposed to robots just makes it even better~

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Supremezero posted:

The fact that the humans are doing it via math as opposed to robots just makes it even better~

And yet the textbooks and dictionaries are still super garbage in this game.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I really tried to like the Yggdroids, but yeah, they suck. I didn't know exactly how much until reading that analysis though. Also I made a robot farmer just because I liked the idea and the ones in Spyro were great. I think the farmer side actually has the better skills.

I think I even went Deep City my first run because I wanted robots. Going to vote for Armoroad, I'd quite like to see you smash a hole in the game at some point, that's always entertaining in RPGs I think.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Deep city route.
Upon the king giving you a robot, have the party relegate it to the farmbot team.

(go Armoroad unless you put up a NO loving YGGDROIDS rule. You already have a farmer)

Omobono fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 21, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Armoroad Route.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Deep City

I actually like the male Yggdroids. I think they look neat even if the female ones are creepy as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Zore posted:

I actually like the male Yggdroids. I think they look neat even if the female ones are creepy as gently caress.

I kind of have a soft spot for glasses Yggdroid since there's actually some pretty good fan-art of her drawn with a more Olympia-like appearance.

• Locked thread