Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

NC-17 posted:

No news on Karlos Williams. He still being a pussy?

McCoy appears to be healthy, so who cares?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Fill in the blanks:

Tra_is _enjamin _s co_l and g_od

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
our commish just changed our tie break rules from head to head to points for.

he is currently tied fir 1st and has scored the most points in the league.

is this a big deal?

The Extrapolator
Dec 14, 2006

Now what the fuck are some of these god damn questions?

TommyGun85 posted:

is this a big deal?

yes

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
This is a wierd week for me, as I have now rostered 2K, 2 Def, and 2 QB in one of my leagues.

I really didn't want to lose McManus since he's been consistently awesome in a poo poo offense that wins. I also didn't want to lose the Jets Def but they have a bad matchup this week. Dalton is on bye (go go Bortles!). I'm okay with this because I'm 5-1 and leading the leagues in points scored by well over 100 pts ( 1 PPR)

QB:
Blake Bortles
Andy Dalton

RB:
Arian Foster
Devonte Freeman
Ronnie Hillman
Theo Riddick
Duke Johnson Jr

WR:
Jarvis Landry
DeAndre Hopkins
Antonio Brown
Brandon Marshall
Marvin Jones

TE:
Travis Kelce

Def:
Eagles
Jets

K:
McManus
Lambo

I'm absolutely stacked at the WR position (and can play 4 in the roster), my weakness is at the RB position if one of those guys goes down or during the bye week. Still the backups are suitable to sub and there isn't anything better on the wire so I'm cool with rostering stupid positions. I see no reason to make a trade at this point because I really can't make the team better than it currently is. I tried to get Chris Ivory last week, guy was on the edge, but after Sunday I think that's out of the window so I'm content to carry on to the Championships like this.

If I made a trade, it'd probably look like:
Give:
Jarvis Landry
Marvin Jones

Get:
RB of worthy value

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
What do you guys think about trading Graham for Lamar Miller, and starting Clay ROS? .5 Ppr.

I picked up Clay because it looks like he'll be the main option this week, and I still don't trust Bevell with Graham so I'm thinking it may be a good chance to sell high.

I may also be an idiot when it comes to fantasy football

E: also, speaking of Bills - is anybody holding on to Watkins?

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Oct 21, 2015

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

TommyGun85 posted:

is this a big deal?

Yes you should publicly shame him.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

TommyGun85 posted:

is this a big deal?

Incite a riot because he's an idiot.

A commish in one of mine used his power to push a trade through without the veto period in advance of a Thursday game. There hasn't been much trading, so I didn't say anything because I really don't have a problem with the trade or the need to get it before the Thursday game, but I'm watching further trades to see if he does the same for those.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Psikotik posted:

Yes you should publicly shame him.

I sent him a text warning him that it looked bad especially since the person he is tied with (his brother) beat him Week 1.

That said, it is apparently in our league charter (yes) that tie breaks are to be by points scored....so *shrug* I guess.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Chill Penguin posted:

What do you guys think about trading Graham for Lamar Miller, and starting Clay ROS? .5 Ppr.

I picked up Clay because it looks like he'll be the main option this week, and I still don't trust Bevell with Graham so I'm thinking it may be a good chance to sell high.

I may also be an idiot when it comes to fantasy football

E: also, speaking of Bills - is anybody holding on to Watkins?

I'm holding onto Watkins because I, too, might be an idiot.

But Watkins is normally good for a few touches when he can stay healthy, I think he's going to have an expanded role soon, the Bills have a bye week to recover from injuries, and after that their season looks pretty easy. (Pats and Jets notwithstanding.)

I did pick up Robert Woods as a streaming option for this week, though, as I think he's thwe onlt person that the Bills can really throw to now, and I think you can throw on the Jags pretty easily.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

TommyGun85 posted:

is this a big deal?

Burn his house down and kill his parents. Is this a PPR league?

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Bye week has hit my lineup hard. As silly as it sounds, Id like to hang on to McManus through his bye. I've got to drop CJ Anderson for a TE filler for Eifert, but who should I drop for Kai Forbath? I can drop Spiller, Bradshaw, T. Coleman, or Hankerson.

Also, Melvin Gordon just hit my wire. Does he carry RB2 upside as the line and offense as a whole gets healthier?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

TommyGun85 posted:

is this a big deal?

Yes but one time in my league we had to change passing TDs and yards midstream because QBs were way too good. The good ones like Brady/Peyton/Rodgers were putting up 60 points a game while mediocre qbs were putting up 30 in normal 1 ppr. I happened to have a mediocre QB that year but so did eight other teams. When we changed the rules the top 5 QB teams were super pissed and accusing me of cheating.

Everyone always forgets that for every one person you please in fantasy there's a bunch of other dudes who are gonna be pissed.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Ayudo posted:

Bye week has hit my lineup hard. As silly as it sounds, Id like to hang on to McManus through his bye. I've got to drop CJ Anderson for a TE filler for Eifert, but who should I drop for Kai Forbath? I can drop Spiller, Bradshaw, T. Coleman, or Hankerson.

Also, Melvin Gordon just hit my wire. Does he carry RB2 upside as the line and offense as a whole gets healthier?

Drop Spiller for Melvin Gordon, and Hankerson for the kicker.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Doltos posted:

Yes but one time in my league we had to change passing TDs and yards midstream because QBs were way too good. The good ones like Brady/Peyton/Rodgers were putting up 60 points a game while mediocre qbs were putting up 30 in normal 1 ppr. I happened to have a mediocre QB that year but so did eight other teams. When we changed the rules the top 5 QB teams were super pissed and accusing me of cheating.

Everyone always forgets that for every one person you please in fantasy there's a bunch of other dudes who are gonna be pissed.

Don't change your rules midseason.

Ever.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spoeank posted:

Ever.

Trust me it was ridiculous how many games were being decided by insane QB points. League almost fell apart because of it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Doltos posted:

Trust me it was ridiculous how many games were being decided by insane QB points. League almost fell apart because of it.

That's the fault of the commish. If everyone knew the scoring before the draft you absolutely cannot change the scoring mid-season. It's basically straight up cheating. I would quit and demand my money back instantly if someone tried to pull that in one of my leagues. That's as bush league as you can get.

gently caress I'm mad just imagining someone doing that.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Doltos posted:

still, no

people drafted based on that scoring system and youre screwing, midseason, anyone who drafted a quarterback early foreseeing that.

dont change rules midseason. bite tge bullet and change them the following year.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Doltos posted:

Spoeank posted:

Ever.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TommyGun85 posted:

I sent him a text warning him that it looked bad especially since the person he is tied with (his brother) beat him Week 1.

That said, it is apparently in our league charter (yes) that tie breaks are to be by points scored....so *shrug* I guess.

If it's in the charter then that's different from him doing it for being a chump.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Y'all out of your drat minds and have never dealt with a bunch of angry coworkers who outweigh the minority elite QB owners. Fantasy isn't always about pulling one over on your friends, especially when people in my circle were just learning fantasy back in 2008.

Obviously our points system that year was a result of inexperience from me and my friends parts as co-commissioner and shouldn't have been acceptable scoring in any league that people were taking 'seriously'.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Doltos posted:

Y'all out of your drat minds and have never dealt with a bunch of angry coworkers who outweigh the minority elite QB owners. Fantasy isn't always about pulling one over on your friends, especially when people in my circle were just learning fantasy back in 2008.

Obviously our points system that year was a result of inexperience from me and my friends parts as co-commissioner and shouldn't have been acceptable scoring in any league that people were taking 'seriously'.

Right, which is why you change the scoring the next year.

People draft and made adds/drops based on the current scoring system. Changing that system half way through the season is unfair, no matter how absurd the scoring.

I think you were well-intentioned, but it's just not okay to do. You tell people to suck it up and make suggestions for scoring changes next year.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Our league did a vote and changed the rule that if you drop someone who has already played and tanked a game to pick up an appealing player off their bye before the waiver then the commissioner will remove that player from your team and add the dropped player back.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

T Bowl posted:

Our league did a vote and changed the rule that if you drop someone who has already played and tanked a game to pick up an appealing player off their bye before the waiver then the commissioner will remove that player from your team and add the dropped player back.

This seems weird and convoluted.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Doltos posted:

I see your point, and usually agree with your views, but it's still cheating. You set the rules and certain people drafted accordingly. You then changed the rules mid-season to make their decisions worthless, because they were beating you(and others). Being mad at losing is not a valid reason to change the rules.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Gobias Ind. posted:

This seems weird and convoluted.

Yeah well people were gathering up great waiver options for the next week after their fringe players poo poo the bed before others had a chance, what do you expect?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

T Bowl posted:

Yeah well people were gathering up great waiver options for the next week after their fringe players poo poo the bed before others had a chance, what do you expect?

The easier solution is to not allow players who have played to be dropped instead of that weird rule giving your commish more work which he/she might gently caress up sometimes.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Jarvis Landry vs Hou
Antonio Brown vs KC
Julian Edelman vs NYJ
Donte Moncrief vs NO
Rueben Randle vs Dal

Pick 3, or pick 4 if my RB/Flex could use shuffle differently.

Danny Woodhead vs Oak
Chris Ivory vs NE
FLEX: Latavius Murray vs SD

I also am having a hard time deciding between Andrew Luck vs NO or Phillip Rivers vs Oak.

Any opinions guys?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

The easier solution is to not allow players who have played to be dropped instead of that weird rule giving your commish more work which he/she might gently caress up sometimes.

Yeah, this. Either you allow it, or you make it impossible through your site/platform. Requiring the commissioner to notice any infractions is just asking for trouble or confusion.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

LmaoTheKid posted:

Not sure if he can change it, otherwise I agree.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Just texted the whole league with that info, he claims he looked through the settings and didn't see that option, Yahoo.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If it's in the charter then that's different from him doing it for being a chump.

Yeah, if it's in the charter (lol) he at least has something to fall back on, but I bet if he won his head-to-head and wasn't first in points for, he might have conveniently forgotten about it until it was too late.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

T Bowl posted:

Just texted the whole league with that info, he claims he looked through the settings and didn't see that option, Yahoo.

He's wrong or doesn't want to change it. The Yahoo league I run has Waiver Rule: Gametime-Tuesday

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Alright guys, who do you like better this week, T-mobile or Bortman? Bortles is a FA but I have Tyrod slated to start right now. Tyrod can rack up points with his legs, but Bortles has been throwing really well lately and has good receivers.

Also for my flex - can we trust in Miller now to give him the start? My other option is woodhead.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

LmaoTheKid posted:

He's wrong or doesn't want to change it. The Yahoo league I run has Waiver Rule: Gametime-Tuesday

He might be genuinely stupid. Sending him a screenshot of the location of the setting might be useful.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I need a bye-week fill in at QB and these are my options (Bortles got scooped, no PPR, 4pt TDs):

Kaepernick (vs. Sea) :barf:
Alex Smith (vs. Pit) :barf:
Flacco (@ Ari)
McCown
Matthew Stafford (vs. Min)

Leaning Stafford. Thoughts?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

a shameful boehner posted:

I need a bye-week fill in at QB and these are my options (Bortles got scooped, no PPR, 4pt TDs):

Flacco (@ Ari)
McCown

Stafford and then maybe Flacco. I'm rolling Flacco because Cutty is on bye and BAL will be playing from behind. Also I don't have Stafford on waivers.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Reik posted:

He might be genuinely stupid. Sending him a screenshot of the location of the setting might be useful.

He just claimed that rule only applies to players on waiver, not people on your team.

Screen shot if possible? Thanks in advance if you can.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

a shameful boehner posted:

Flacco (@ Ari)
McCown

Definitely Stafford or McCown. Honestly I'd take McCown rest of season, but for this week's matchups I agree with Stafford.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

T Bowl posted:

He just claimed that rule only applies to players on waiver, not people on your team.

Screen shot if possible? Thanks in advance if you can.

Yahoo still let's you drop players who have played as long as they are on your bench and not in your lineup. Is that what you're trying to block?

• Locked thread