Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

ShoogaSlim posted:

I know this isn't the thread for it, but I don't exactly want anything to do with the thread for it.

I've been jamming the new Coheed and Cambria album a bunch and it's very good.

Also Born of Osiris's new album is also very good and not boring.

No shame in liking Coheed, those dudes have some serious song-writing chops.

Also, good to hear about the Born of Osiris album. I'll check it out on Friday when it goes up on Google Music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ShoogaSlim posted:

I know this isn't the thread for it, but I don't exactly want anything to do with the thread for it.

I've been jamming the new Coheed and Cambria album a bunch and it's very good.

Agreed. They're all great musicians, but I've had a hard time getting into them because I've felt like I needed to start at the beginning and really get into the whole story line. This latest release not being a part of The Armory Wars really helped me just enjoy it because I didn't feel like I was missing stuff.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
i wouldn't worry about the story, it was near-impossible to follow and the quality of the albums is (IMO) super uneven to the point where i only listen to two of them

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Yeah I checked out a few songs and some of the riffs are pretty good but I found it pretty boring overall. Oh well.

I like it :c00l:

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

TheQat posted:

i wouldn't worry about the story, it was near-impossible to follow and the quality of the albums is (IMO) super uneven to the point where i only listen to two of them

Which two? I recently listened back through Year of the Black Rainbow and really dug it a lot more than I remembered

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

TheQat posted:

Second Stage and Keeping Secrets are those two for me

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

nerve posted:

Second Stage and Keeping Secrets are those two for me

Those are my go-to coheed albums also. I've enjoyed songs on others albums also but those two feel the most "complete" to me.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

So, I know I JUST brought up Art Far Away, but I'm doing it again because these guys seriously deserve more love. I really didn't know what to think of them at first because of the vocals, but, holy poo poo, they write some ridiculously good riffs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26B-9OnO7AE

That breakdown gets me wet

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
While you chumps were busy falling into shoogaslim's latest web of pointless arguments, Heart of a Coward came out with a new tape. Ram this into your assholes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-h3c2VnA7A

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Apparently All Shall Perish has a new album coming. I basically discovered them while they were on their way to falling apart so this is good news to me!!

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Apparently All Shall Perish has a new album coming. I basically discovered them while they were on their way to falling apart so this is good news to me!!

But who da vocalist now?!?!

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

XIII posted:

So, I know I JUST brought up Art Far Away, but I'm doing it again because these guys seriously deserve more love. I really didn't know what to think of them at first because of the vocals, but, holy poo poo, they write some ridiculously good riffs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26B-9OnO7AE

That breakdown gets me wet

The best riff on the album is the one in Gentleman's Club.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjAhotae-eE

:gizz:

Also, the second half of Sunday, from 1:59 on... god loving drat. The buildup to that breakdown at 3:08 is so, so, so satisfying. I've heard the album so many times and it never gets old, the songwriting is just next-level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfk-nkqvPho

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

XIII posted:

Which two? I recently listened back through Year of the Black Rainbow and really dug it a lot more than I remembered

for me it's III and IV, with "Welcome Home" being the ultimate track. Cheap and easy choice I guess but it gets me every time

I didn't mind the songs on YotBR and I would listen to anything Chris Pennie put to track, but the mastering was so very awful on that album

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009

TheQat posted:

for me it's III and IV, with "Welcome Home" being the ultimate track. Cheap and easy choice I guess but it gets me every time

I didn't mind the songs on YotBR and I would listen to anything Chris Pennie put to track, but the mastering was so very awful on that album

Pretty much this, though I also have a soft spot for V. There's usually at least a song or two I really like on each album but I've been getting less excited for each release. I'm not sure I even listened to all of Descension, and the singles from this new one haven't done much of anything for me either.

Gravemakers was such a fun track though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLPF1ohyNxA

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Stoked that I turned this into Coheed chat. I honestly am very unfamiliar with their discography but the new album is so good I'm definitely going to get crackin on that.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

krustster posted:

But who da vocalist now?!?!

Turns out Eddie came back to All Shall Perish! (at least for this album, the article says he's still full-time vocalist for Suicide Silence)

fuckkkkkkkkk

http://www.theprp.com/2015/10/21/news/all-shall-perish-return-with-original-members-eddie-hermida-ben-orum-more-following-legal-dispute/

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Turns out Eddie came back to All Shall Perish! (at least for this album, the article says he's still full-time vocalist for Suicide Silence)

fuckkkkkkkkk

http://www.theprp.com/2015/10/21/news/all-shall-perish-return-with-original-members-eddie-hermida-ben-orum-more-following-legal-dispute/

:gizz:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Conducting From The Grave has officially called it quits. I remember really liking their first album they put out in 2009 or whatever and never listened to them again.

So basically, it's my fault. I'm jamming When Legends Become Dust right now, maybe I should finally check out the rest of their poo poo.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Conducting From The Grave has officially called it quits. I remember really liking their first album they put out in 2009 or whatever and never listened to them again.

So basically, it's my fault. I'm jamming When Legends Become Dust right now, maybe I should finally check out the rest of their poo poo.

:(

This is the worst news. When Legends Become Dust, particularly the title track, was my introduction to deathcore and I still jam that album pretty often. I really liked their most recent one too. Their 2nd one didn't really catch me though. Either way, drat shame!

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006
At least they had a fuckin' sweet band name.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
This reminded me of the cock-tease that It Dies Today did to us all. Announce they were working on new poo poo, silence, release a new song (that's awesome), more silence, snippets of the new album in various social media posts, then "Sorry guys, real life happened again shelving the new album for now!" :argh:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Sirens is one of my guiltiest pleasures

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
Surge is a really good album, love those synths. I just love synths in general.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I meant Sirens as in the It Dies Today album that is generally regarded to be bad, not the band Sirens

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

This reminded me of the cock-tease that It Dies Today did to us all. Announce they were working on new poo poo, silence, release a new song (that's awesome), more silence, snippets of the new album in various social media posts, then "Sorry guys, real life happened again shelving the new album for now!" :argh:

Honeydicking of the century

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
if you're canadian and you dont go to PTH's Kezia 10th anniversary tour you can gently caress off the tip of my american dick

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

muike posted:

if you're canadian and you dont go to PTH's Kezia 10th anniversary tour you can gently caress off the tip of my american dick

No kidding. Kezia is my least favorite PTH album (due to the production quality), but I would kill to see one of those shows.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Kezia is good, but I still remember the first time I heard Fortress :allears:

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Kezia is good, but I still remember the first time I heard Fortress :allears:

Me too. It was within the last few years.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

XIII posted:

Me too. It was within the last few years.

Coming up on 8 years ago...

...drat :(

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Kezia was the first tape I heard by that band :c00l: I did not like Fortress as much. But Volition sure was good!

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

krustster posted:

Kezia was the first tape I heard by that band :c00l: I did not like Fortress as much. But Volition sure was good!

Volition is great. Really the only album I don't like by PTH is the one they released inbetween fortress and Volition...I forgot the name of it...Scurrilous?

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Volition is great. Really the only album I don't like by PTH is the one they released inbetween fortress and Volition...I forgot the name of it...Scurrilous?

That one is better than Fortress :c00l:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I saw Bring Me The Horizon tonight. Holy poo poo.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I dunno why Scurrilous gets such a bad rap. Tandem is my favorite PTH song and that whole album is solid

Dango Bango posted:

I'm jealous

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Tandem is such a great song. I think people just hate on Scurrilous because it was the first non-concept album PTH released and they'd accepted the shift by the time Volition came out

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I think every Protest album is extremely solid. Fortress has a soft spot in my heart because I heard it first.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I like Volition, but I saw PTH live and was really disappointed. Kinda ruined them for me.

Kumbamontu posted:

I'm jealous

It was such an awesome show. I wish they had played more from There Is A Hell..., but it was still a ton of fun. The light display they use is really really cool.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Oct 23, 2015

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Dango Bango posted:

If this was 2010 I'd be jealous. In this day and age you should be jealous of me for NOT being there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
That's the Spirit is their best album

yeah, I said it