Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Northjayhawk posted:

Yeah, I'm not afraid of this tactic actually working. There are few things you can count on in politics, and paradigm shifts happen, but one thing I think is always true is that the president always wins if his is the side asking for a clean budget and debt limit increase. The bully pulpit of the presidency is difficult to defeat already even in ideal circumstances, I think its impossible when the congress is playing games.

A lot of long-lasting damage will have been done of course, but I think the GOP would ultimately pay some kind of a price.

Echoing this, the GOP messaging is too fractured to effectively take advantage of a default like was described by Naga Warlord. There will be too many HFC guys out there willing to blatantly state that they shutdown the government to hurt poors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Boon posted:

The best part about betting in the affirmative there is that if you are wrong, you'd lose a bunch of your cash presumably right before you lost your job.

Counterpoint: if you're wrong, the only sensible investment is firearms to start your Mad Max militia while the getting is good.

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

Weird owl has life all figured out
Charles C. Johnson is an irresponsible sophist with no respect for the truth; in person he is unpleasant and he's also a Straussian, which means in practice that he believes the best form of government is secret rule by a cabal of enlightened elites who constantly fool the rubes as to their true ideas and goals.

He did not, however, defecate on the floor.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Inglonias posted:

Yeah, but I don't like Fallout, so...

Well that's just too bad, smoothskin, you're the first against the wall in our new post apocalyptic society :getin:

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

Weird owl has life all figured out
To clarify: I went to the same college as CJ with some overlap; I personally witnessed the whole feces-hygiene issue; the person in question who had the hygiene problem possessed

um

he was p. clearly mentally ill; I think it was diagnosed, also.

anyway it was a rumor that stuck and that nobody has ever publicly clarified because doing so would involve the humiliation of a totally unconnected, much-nicer person.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

FilthIncarnate posted:

Charles C. Johnson is an irresponsible sophist with no respect for the truth; in person he is unpleasant and he's also a Straussian, which means in practice that he believes the best form of government is secret rule by a cabal of enlightened elites who constantly fool the rubes as to their true ideas and goals.

He did not, however, defecate on the floor.

The Illuminati don't like floorshitters.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Guys, Netanyahu told the World Zionist Congress that Haj Amin al-Husseini convinced Hitler to kill jews. He partially absolved Hitler who apparently really just wanted to expel them from Germany, you know, he just didn't want them around.

Netanyahu stood up for Hitler to make palestinians look bad. That's where we are right now.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Biden just announced that he will not be running for president.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Zeroisanumber posted:

I could write a 20-page paper and still not unpack all of the crazy poo poo going on here.

'She should be riding a unicorn, but not one of those faggoty, pansy-rear end unicorns.'

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Guys, Netanyahu told the World Zionist Congress that Haj Amin al-Husseini convinced Hitler to kill jews. He partially absolved Hitler who apparently really just wanted to expel them from Germany, you know, he just didn't want them around.

Netanyahu stood up for Hitler to make palestinians look bad. That's where we are right now.

Germany has already responded though.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I await Biden's endorsement announcement at some point.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

FilthIncarnate posted:

To clarify: I went to the same college as CJ with some overlap; I personally witnessed the whole feces-hygiene issue; the person in question who had the hygiene problem possessed

um

he was p. clearly mentally ill; I think it was diagnosed, also.

anyway it was a rumor that stuck and that nobody has ever publicly clarified because doing so would involve the humiliation of a totally unconnected, much-nicer person.

yeah but how does chuck j become the rumored floorshitter

like, in all my years and with all the people i've upset, nobody has ever accused me of crapping on a floor let alone a critical mass of others finding this to be plausible let alone probable

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

quote:

Vice President Joe Biden said Wednesday that he will not run for president.

Biden delivered his statement at the White House Rose Garden with President Barack Obama in attendance.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/21/

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

A Winner is Jew posted:

Holy poo poo. Good on Germany for killing that bullshit early on.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

DaveWoo posted:

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

DaveWoo posted:

drat, I just lost $3 on Predict It.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The thing is, what are the GOP "demands" in this case? It'd be one thing if there was a single issue they were coalescing around but even the Planned Parenthood issue doesn't seem to be coming up in this context. So you have one side asking for things to just, you know, run normally and the other side asking for ?????. How do you spin that?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DaveWoo posted:

Did he end it with 'no poo poo, you idiots'?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

DaveWoo posted:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Biden announces his immediate retirement, throwing the house speaker run into a frenzy.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Popular Thug Drink posted:

yeah but how does chuck j become the rumored floorshitter

Probably by making GBS threads on the floor, I figure.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Cha-Ching, easy $70, thanks predictor

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

The thing is, what are the GOP "demands" in this case? It'd be one thing if there was a single issue they were coalescing around but even the Planned Parenthood issue doesn't seem to be coming up in this context. So you have one side asking for things to just, you know, run normally and the other side asking for ?????. How do you spin that?

An oldie but a goodie

quote:

“We’re not going to be disrespected,” Marlin Stutzman (R-IN) told Drucker Tuesday night. “We have to get something out of this. And I don’t know what that even is.”

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I don't blame Biden, at least now he gets to be remembered as the chillest VP in history, with nothing to drag his name through the mud now :unsmith:

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

seiferguy posted:

I don't blame Biden, at least now he gets to be remembered as the chillest VP in history, with nothing to drag his name through the mud now :unsmith:

I hope Biden's eventual epitaph reads, "A big loving deal"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

seiferguy posted:

Now he can go spend time with his family.

:smith:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

DaveWoo posted:

Thank you, predictit. A quick $200 for an easy call.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Sources claim Biden "has not ruled out running," and his latest announcement is merely "testing the waters."

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

A Winner is Jew posted:

Does this own? I'm not sure

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Sharkie posted:

Sources claim Biden "has not ruled out running," and his latest announcement is merely "testing the waters."

Wouldn't actually put it past the NYT.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

DOOP posted:

if they were just announcing this out of context it would not own

right now it owns

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Sharkie posted:

I never thought I'd be alive to see the universe collapse in on itself.

DOOP posted:

Well if you have any decency you wouldn't call it a burn.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Sharkie posted:

Source your Bill Kristol quotes.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Sharkie posted:

Is that source Karl Rove?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Azathoth256 posted:

Is that source Karl Rove?

Hold on, we're getting word that it isn't

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
I am glad Joe isn't running.

I am also looking forward to Speaker Ryan crashing and burning the first time he has to tell the Taco brigade no.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

SgtScruffy posted:

Part of me thinks that Obama should go full on Trollbama and just start endorsing Republicans left and right but being super sarcastic and ironic, so that it's clear he's not serious but hardcore Republicans who don't understand irony explode and start cannibalizing.

Obama invites Ted Cruz into the Oval Office to discuss some bullshit. As he enters, Obama welcomes him warmly, slinging an arm around his shoulder in a no-homo side-hug.

Hours later, secret black and white photos of the clandestine meeting are leaked to Breitbart and Drudge Report. OBAMA'S NEW PAL? darts across the internet. Cruz' office goes into high alert, as he calls his Raiders to action... but everyone is suddenly too busy to speak with him.

Glumly, Cruz walks into the Tortilla Coast.

"Your usual table, sir?"

"N-no... no. Just a seat at the bar, please", laments Cruz, as a single tear falls down his cheek.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

quote:

Netanyahu has since said that his remarks involved "no intention to absolve Hitler of responsibility for his diabolical destruction of European Jewry."

At least this stupid bullshit has given rise to some magnificent uses of language.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Zombie Samurai posted:

At least this stupid bullshit has given rise to some magnificent uses of language.

So now he means... The Palestinians told Hitler to do the Holocaust and it's still Hitler's fault for going along with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Netanyahu has since said that his remarks involved "no intention to absolve Hitler of responsibility for his dankness".

• Locked thread