Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I am glad Joe isn't running.

I am also looking forward to Speaker Ryan crashing and burning the first time he has to tell the Taco brigade no.

Joe Biden, Vice-President for life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Really FC, could you not wait 5 minutes...

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Naga Warlord posted:

If we do default, I see the Republican play right now:

"Obama, as Chief Executive, is required by the Constitution to pay the nation's debts. Regardless of the country's ability to borrow, the daily income of the Federal government allows it to prioritize and pay debt service payments on time. Taking this simple step would have kept our nation's credit strong and prevented this economic disaster. However, President Obama failed to pay the debt in a timely manner in order to embarrass Congress and force it to accept his profligate, Far Left agenda. We demand President Obama immediately sign this EMERGENCY BUDGET & DEBT CEILING INCREASE to stop the damage being done to our great nation. Of course, this budget will require painful cuts to Social Security, Medicare, and other social programs, but this is unfortunately a necessary step to recover from the historic damage Obama and the Democrats have brought to our country."

As Lew and others have said, prioritization is technologically impossible for the Feds, but do you really think the Republicans & the public will care much for facts at a time of epic crisis? Coordinate this message with the Right Wing Media machine & count on the MSM to play the "well you see both sides are just soooooo extreme they just can't agree on anything, what disfunction!" card and welcome to 1000 years of darkness.

They've been hammering on this note since the Ryan budget. People get touchy when talking about Social Security/Medicare cuts, if the reaction to the Ryan budget was any indication. It won't work--the noise machine only penetrates as far as the people who want to hear it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

The sounds of the GOP masturbating.txt

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

CommieGIR posted:

I want to make an unskewing the pole joke.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

CommieGIR posted:

Eh, more verbose and less classy than the DNC's response to Trump's announcement.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

The sound a cacophony of wet farts make.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
USPOL October: Joe Biden, more like No Biden amirite?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Luigi Thirty posted:

So now he means... The Palestinians told Hitler to do the Holocaust and it's still Hitler's fault for going along with it?

'Just following orders' is not a defense, I guess.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

CommieGIR posted:

Well, whatever 1/3 of the GOP that the RNC actually represents these days, that is :allears:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

A Winner is Jew posted:

Germany has already responded though.

What the gently caress Bibi

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

DOOP posted:

Does this own? I'm not sure

It does own, because it is rare for a country to go "the buck stops here period" with regards to crimes against humanity.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Though in my dream world, yesterday Biden and Ryan call the press for a Very Important joint announcement about The Future Of Our Country and then stood before a press corps practically wetting themselves about speaker/presidency news and then they talked about the new Star Wars trailer for 45 minutes.

In matching track suits.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

The Democrat Party :smug:

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Klaus88 posted:

It does own, because it is rare for a country to go "the buck stops here period" with regards to crimes against humanity.

Many Japanese still blame themselves for the bombs being dropped. Meanwhile we're more than happy to let them and also interred our own citizens without remorse. So there's that.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

if i say it enough, it will make it true!

right guys? right?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Zeroisanumber posted:

Thank you, predictit. A quick $200 for an easy call.
If this was on my mind, I would have put in my entire life savings.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Boon posted:

Many Japanese still blame themselves for the bombs being dropped. Meanwhile we're more than happy to let them and also interred our own citizens without remorse. So there's that.

I think we apologized for the second one.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I think we apologized for the second one.

Yeah but not really with remorse.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 220 days!

A Winner is Jew posted:

Germany has already responded though.

This is how it is done.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
By the way, here's a fun little thing that I didn't know existed: http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/21/news/police-selling-seized-guns/index.html?iid=hp-toplead-dom

quote:

While some law enforcement officials support the sale of confiscated guns, a number of police chiefs like Fletcher are speaking out against the practice -- arguing that the risk of selling a gun back to a criminal far outweighs the amount of money they could make.
Some nightmare scenarios have already unfolded. CNNMoney identified at least four cases where guns sold by police departments have been used in serious crimes, including three against law enforcement officers.

In Las Vegas, a court security officer was killed and a Deputy U.S. Marshal was injured when a man stormed into the city's courthouse with a shotgun previously sold by a Memphis, Tennessee-area sheriff's office. In an even more high profile shooting, Pentagon police officers were ambushed by a mentally ill man with a handgun that had originally been confiscated and sold by the Memphis Police Department. More recently, a man who had previously threatened government officials opened fire at a Minnesota city council meeting, injuring two police officers with a shotgun that had been sold by a nearby department.

It's impossible to know just how many other crimes have been committed using guns confiscated and sold by police. Following lobbying efforts by the NRA and other gun advocates, a law was passed in 2003 that prohibits the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives from releasing a gun's sale history to the public.

The NRA is the loving worst

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Guys, Netanyahu told the World Zionist Congress that Haj Amin al-Husseini convinced Hitler to kill jews. He partially absolved Hitler who apparently really just wanted to expel them from Germany, you know, he just didn't want them around.

Netanyahu stood up for Hitler to make palestinians look bad. That's where we are right now.

so Bibi the rear end in a top hat is trying to horrificaly twist Functionalism holocaust theory so he can go ethic cleanse people. what an rear end in a top hat. su amin was a rear end in a top hat who kissed nazi rear end and hated the jews and tried to keep them from emigrating to palistine and probaly knew the holocaust was going on. But its bullshit that he in any way gave hitler or the nazis the idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Functionalism_versus_intentionalism
heres what functionalism is. personally, i am in between. its basically an argument between holocaust historians on how much the holocaust was planned out and how it was originally started an when.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 21, 2015

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I'd totally buy a gun from a Police Department though. I mean, if it was at a great discount.

and if my wife let me have a gun in the house

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Boon posted:

By the way, here's a fun little thing that I didn't know existed: http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/21/news/police-selling-seized-guns/index.html?iid=hp-toplead-dom

I don't see what the problem is? It sounds like the law is designed to stop exactly the kind of pearl-clutching false-dilemma panic response you're having. 'Oh no police department are SELLING CONFISCATED CARS? WHAT IF A CRIMINAL RUNS OVER A BABY WITH ONE?!?!?!'

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Doctor Butts posted:

I'd totally buy a gun from a Police Department though. I mean, if it was at a great discount.

If the Crown Vics are any indication they are, and have probably been maintained really well.

You could say they would be a steal both figuratively and at one point possibly quite literally.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Boon posted:

They really are, it is a shame liberals used tricks that angered gun nuts, and now the NRA opposes any kind of measures.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

silvergoose posted:

Yeah but not really with remorse.

Yeah, just cash

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
well liberals are still coming out on top given that gun suicides far outweigh gun homicides every year, if anything we should accelerate this process by loosening gun laws

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
If land can become haunted after an untimely death why not the murder weapon? I think this is something a potential buyer ought to know.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Inglonias posted:

As funny as this whole Speaker of the House thing is, this is still some scary poo poo.

We have hit the debt ceiling a while ago. November 3 is just when our bag of magic tricks stops working to pretend that we haven't.

What the hell happens if our bag of tricks empties before then and nobody expects it? What the hell are we going to do?!

This exact reasoning is why financial analysts put the default risk at 40% if we reach Nov 2nd without a deal. If someone important dies, computers screw up etc.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

LeJackal posted:

I don't see what the problem is? It sounds like the law is designed to stop exactly the kind of pearl-clutching false-dilemma panic response you're having. 'Oh no police department are SELLING CONFISCATED CARS? WHAT IF A CRIMINAL RUNS OVER A BABY WITH ONE?!?!?!'

It would be useful for people that want to prevent shootings to understand where criminals are getting guns from, but gun nuts freak and clutch their pearls in a false-dilemma panic over any suggestion their fetish objects may have anything to do with violence, hth. 'OH NO A BABY WAS SHOT TO DEATH! WHAT IF MY HOBBY BECOMES LESS CONVENIENT?!?!?!'

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Sharkie posted:

It would be useful for people that want to prevent shootings to understand where criminals are getting guns from, but gun nuts freak and clutch their pearls in a false-dilemma panic over any suggestion their fetish objects may have anything to do with violence, hth. 'OH NO A BABY WAS SHOT TO DEATH! WHAT IF MY HOBBY BECOMES LESS CONVENIENT?!?!?!'

They're batshit because gun control in the past has lead to bans on MACHINE GUNS, but their behavior and attitude in the face of overwhelming horrific reality is likely what will actually get guns banned in the long run. That's a positive outlook.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

No. Stop. Seriously. No more gunchat. There are plenty of other things going on today.

quote:

BIDEN: Please, please, sit down.

Mr. President, thank you for lending me the Rose Garden for a minute.

OBAMA: It's a pretty nice place.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Reminder that LeJackal legitimately doesn't understand why 78% of Americans do not own a gun. Because he's been hoarding for too long.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Zombie Samurai posted:

No. Stop. Seriously. No more gunchat. There are plenty of other things going on today.

A guy isn't running, big deal.

Nintendo Kid posted:

Reminder that LeJackal legitimately doesn't understand why 78% of Americans do not own a gun. Because he's been hoarding for too long.

Will they ever learn? They were explaining a way a child's murder.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Gravel Gravy posted:

If the Crown Vics are any indication they are, and have probably been maintained really well.

You could say they would be a steal both figuratively and at one point possibly quite literally.

There should be a special place in hell for civilians who buy retired police Crown Vics and drive them with the black steel wheels and spotlight still attached.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
gun

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Rhesus Pieces posted:

There should be a special place in hell for civilians who buy retired police Crown Vics and drive them with the black steel wheels and spotlight still attached.

Drive within the law. :smugdog:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

DemeaninDemon posted:

Drive within the law. :smugdog:

I can't drive

fifty fiiiiiiiive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
:redhammer: If you feel strongly about gunchat and need to have it in D&D do it here, thanks. :) :redhammer:

• Locked thread