Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Last Chance posted:

Ahh haha one of my old favorites. I used to love these. Do they even do ones like this anymore?

My alltime favorites are Ask An Elderly Black Woman As Depicted By A Sophomore Creative Writing Major and Ask a Gut-Shot Policeman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
My favorite of those:

http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/ask-cover-letters-for-an-entry-level-social-media--35010

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
This Thought-Provoking Video Shows What The World Would Be Like If No One Smoked

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The guy offering the girl a light :vince:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
As much as I love it when the Onion goes super dark, their wacky absurd side makes me laugh just as hard.

Beaver Overthinking Dam :canada:

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012
Alright, this Clickventure is driving me crazy. I seem to get real close but can't find the right path to evolve into a duck, assuming there is one. You’re A Single-Celled Organism. Can You Evolve Into A Duck?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i managed to become a picture of a duck

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i became a duck

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Blood Runs Down House Of Representatives Walls As Chamber Itself Selects New Speaker

BerkerkLurk
Jul 22, 2001

I could never sleep my way to the top 'cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up
I admire their restraint in not having two people in bed blowing trumpets.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Man Disgusted Just By Constant Thought Of 2 Guys Kissing

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

dead in real life posted:

Alright, this Clickventure is driving me crazy. I seem to get real close but can't find the right path to evolve into a duck, assuming there is one. You’re A Single-Celled Organism. Can You Evolve Into A Duck?

Size-->Size-->Size-->Land-->Beaks-->Beaks-->Beaks-->Henry-->Symbiotic Relationship-->Stone-->Roundness-->Smallness-->Smaller-->Split Open-->Duck.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
College Administrators Hold Candlelight Vigil to Honor Donor Lost In Mishandled Rape Case :stare:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Aging Mother Knows Any Wrong Move Could Be Taken For Telltale Sign Of Dementia

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
David Koch Delivers Suit With Note Reading ‘Wear This Tonight’ To Marco Rubio’s Hotel Room

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Never-Before-Heard Buzzword Flying Around Office Can’t Be Good

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Guantanamo Bay buys a comfy recliner and video games for Prisoners to play while being force fed.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
American Voices: 43 Shootings Committed By U.S. Toddlers This Year

Also that statistic is not something The Onion made up. :911:

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Can You Comfort This Dying Horse With Some Bible Stories?

"Horse, let me soothe you with these, the Ten Commandments: God is real. Never give up. Kill or be killed. Lick ’em and stick ’em. Give daddy his due. Something about a lake? Covet or be coveted. Usury. There they are, the Eight Commandments."

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Ivanka Trump Defends Father Because, Well, Wills Can Be Rewritten

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

At press time, House Republicans had decided that Roskam had not been willing enough to take on President Obama and were aggressively seeking his replacement.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Depression, Strained Finances Combine Forces To Produce Grotesque Culinary Abomination

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

O...kay...

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

nice, found my halloween costume

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Fecal Transplant is a medical procedure more people should know about.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

MariusLecter posted:

Fecal Transplant is a medical procedure more people should know about.

Didn't the forums commission a documentary on it a few years ago?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

canyoneer posted:

Don't know about that, but Three Word Phrase did a comprehensive comic about it a while ago:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
It led to one of their best American Voices:

Ooh, a new one on Ben Carson: Ben Carson Tormented By Periodic Rational Thoughts

And one on where goons came from: New Evidence Confirms First Human Ancestors Climbed Down From Trees To Retrieve Dropped Snack

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

canyoneer posted:

Yes. Yes we did.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

PewDiePie And 4 Other YouTube Millionaires To Help You Really Lean Into Your Bad Mood

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
MPAA Adds New Rating To Warn Audiences Of Films Not Based On Existing Works

It's perfect.

The Onion posted:

The rating will also reportedly serve as a warning of the potentially disorienting effects associated with having to remember characters’ names for as many as two hours and the discomfort that can occur when one is forced to keep track of narrative arcs for an entire film.

The Onion posted:

Citing test audiences they have observed, MPAA officials said that many moviegoers spent the entirety of such [original] films in a state of distress, waiting for the moment when the Incredible Hulk, Katniss Everdeen, Wolverine, or another recognizable character from an established franchise would appear onscreen and clarify the meaning and direction of the film.

The Onion posted:

“How does this trash even get made?” said Katherine Hubbard, a mother of three from Rockford, IL, who, after buying tickets for the Pixar film Inside Out, was incensed that her children had been exposed to original storytelling.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

I watched The Kids are Alright like a day or two after I saw the Avengers so I was looking for the Hulk too.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I brought this up over the summer, but does anyone know what's going on with LiterallyUnbelievable? It hasn't updated in almost 2 months and it was pretty sporadic for months even before that

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I found it extremely hard to not become the next great daredevil. I think the last 12 choices all are winners.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?
The Onion explains Goon cuisine.

Depression, Strained Finances Combine Forces To Produce Grotesque Culinary Abomination

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
Lucky To Be Alive: Harrison Ford Ate A Chili Pepper So Hot His Head Turned Into A Nuclear Explosion

I thought the first one was a dud, but the series of cartoonishly exaggerated mishaps befalling Harrison Ford is quickly becoming my favorite after the fire truck videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Government To Confiscate One Person’s Guns Just To Make Rest Of Them Squirm