Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Just look at the lil poo poo can't tell me you wouldn't want these guys giggling and cackling with glee as they spin around murdering you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...
Just checking, the CE bonuses/etc will show up at release, right? Ie, no one has those cosmetics yet, correct?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It's obvious that Fatshark's next move should be to remake War of the Roses, just Warhammer

Warhammer of the Roses?

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

Al Borland posted:

Just look at the lil poo poo can't tell me you wouldn't want these guys giggling and cackling with glee as they spin around murdering you.

Who's firing those tiny arrows at him? Is he attacking lilliputians?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Fayk posted:

Just checking, the CE bonuses/etc will show up at release, right? Ie, no one has those cosmetics yet, correct?

I don't have any of the CE goodies yet either so yeah probably.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Fayk posted:

I've gotten mine...

not yet :v:

E: Like I said I think they're doing a wipe for release and then giving us CE stuff.

Carcer posted:

Who's firing those tiny arrows at him? Is he attacking lilliputians?
Other goblins, probably was heading their direction.
:

Fortescue
Jul 22, 2014
Yo, I made us an IRC channel.

irc.synirc.com

#Vermintide

Come in to hang out and help form groups in real time.

Also, talk about Vermintide while I'm at work, because gently caress work.

shout out to OP if you put the irc channel in your post~ That would be cools.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
This is the best Bad Rats yet.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Fortescue posted:

Yo, I made us an IRC channel.

irc.synirc.com

#Vermintide

Come in to hang out and help form groups in real time.

Also, talk about Vermintide while I'm at work, because gently caress work.

shout out to OP if you put the irc channel in your post~ That would be cools.

There's a steam group, and being in the chat channel is basically necessary to get into games since otherwise people have to add you as a friend.

Fortescue
Jul 22, 2014

Drythe posted:

There's a steam group, and being in the chat channel is basically necessary to get into games since otherwise people have to add you as a friend.

That is cool, but I'm not able to Steam chat at work. In fact I should probably close this browser window o shi

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
It's too bad the human characters are going to die or mutate later from all this warpstone exposure. :ohdear:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Just walk it off

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

ellbent posted:

It's too bad the human characters are going to die or mutate later from all this warpstone exposure. :ohdear:

We all die but who can say they fought against the endless tide of rats

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

BadLlama posted:

I like how the Elf constantly talks poo poo about how crappy the city is that the soldier lives in. loving elves.

Best elf line:
"Your city is literally built upon excrement"

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

Oh wow. Great axe for dwarf that has 20% chance on kill to give me some ammo for my ranged weapon. Guess ill be using my double magazine capacity grudgeraker a lot :getin:

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL

Skandranon posted:

Best elf line:
"Your city is literally built upon excrement"

Said it before, I'll say it again. Biggest laugh this game got out of me:

Elf: "This terrible, AWFUL city ..."
Soldier: "Is. Where. I. Am. From."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So just started playing this and i'm enjoying playing the Soldier with sword+shield. What are other good starter choices and what weapons/class should I avoid?

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.
Who/what is this "Dory" the dwarf keeps going on about?

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"

Smith Comma John posted:

That's his colloquial term for non-dwarf companions.

Edit: I'm wrong, but that's the gist of his chatter--whatever the other term he busts out is.

GaistHeidegger fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 21, 2015

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

If you like sword and shield, the dwarf's shield and axe is real good.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Smith Comma John posted:

Dawi, it's Khazalid for Dwarf.

Routah
Feb 6, 2012
The devs are having an AMA over at Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3po3qm/we_are_fatshark_developers_of_warhammer/

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Smith Comma John posted:

The dwarf has specific nicknames for each of the other players, some of the Khazalid language tips during the loading screens will explain one of them. Grimgi is his name for the Witch Hunter, probably making fun of him being so drat grim all the time.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

frajaq posted:

So just started playing this and i'm enjoying playing the Soldier with sword+shield. What are other good starter choices and what weapons/class should I avoid?

Anyone but waywatcher

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL

frajaq posted:

Try to stay away from melee weapons that don't have the ability to hit multiple targets. You can give that up for the added utility of a shield, but in general you really want to be able to hit several rats in one swing or one charged swing; swarms can get so big that you've got no chance of playing whack-a-rat fast enough to not get stabbed a bunch.

Also, the Harqebus is awesome. It's made to headshot specials and kill them instantly. Gunner, gas, hook, stormvermin, doesn't matter, they're dead. The only thing it's missing is a satisfying bolt-action chambering sound. The witch hunter and dwarf ranger both have an equivalent.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

So yeah, confirmed, non-skaven enemies will be added eventually. It won't be "just rats" forever.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
From the thread:

quote:

We are still discussing how to approach DLCs. We will have both free and paid DLCs but we are going to start off by a free one for sure. We will add a lot of different things in DLCs. Maps, enemies, weapons and so forth....More Skavens yes, as well as other races.

e:fb

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Rebellious Teen Skaven as playable hero

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Versus please come on.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Improbable Lobster posted:

Rebellious Teen Skaven as playable hero

more like "rebellious skaven toddler"; most skaven are really, really young and are lucky to live to 20. queek head-taker, one of the skaven unique characters and a really bloothirsty warlord type, is four.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"

quote:

The process of selecting and developing the characters was a long and difficult process, (but amazingly fun ofc.) a few of my favorites did not make the cut, the warhammer classic rat-catcher with a small but vicious dog and the bretonnian peasant had to be dropped since Martin wanted more epic heroes.

Well, there's your response on the rat catcher.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I would pay to play a bretonnian in this game :colbert:

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
Was a wipe before release confirmed or not? Just wondering if that "unauthorized access to the back end server" thing necessitated one or not.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Chaitai posted:

Was a wipe before release confirmed or not? Just wondering if that "unauthorized access to the back end server" thing necessitated one or not.

They said they were going to roll back to the point where the issue would have effected people but it seems they either didn't do it or it wasn't far enough back to matter

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

ellbent posted:

Oh come now it isn't that much!

Warp blades on the assassins, ratling gun (maybe)? The globes I'm pretty sure are just poison gas so that's like lung cancer at the very most. Unless they add warp throwers I think they'll be okay. Warp throwers and its GG mate.

CaptainCanada
Mar 14, 2011

Shto?
There is an AMA going on right now (https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3po3qm/we_are_fatshark_developers_of_warhammer/?sort=new)
Someone asked about dedicated servers and one of the Fatshark guys said it was being worked on and should be implemented after launch :black101:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

GaistHeidegger posted:

Well, there's your response on the rat catcher.
Doesn't mean one won't be added in later. Let me dream. :gbsmith:

Chaitai posted:

I think they did a rollback to a previous state so there won't be a full-blown wipe.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Rat Catcher should've just been the Witch Hunter's background. Dude who got promoted up after fighting the horrid ratmen.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"

Safety Factor posted:

Doesn't mean one won't be added in later. Let me dream. :gbsmith:

They did say that there were around 50 race/class combinations they were excited about before painfully whittling down to the five we got and that they'd like to explore adding more, so there's likely to be some fun combinations that could crop up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

frajaq posted:

I would pay to play a bretonnian in this game :colbert:

Only if I get to wrestle rats to the ground, its only fitting as Bretonnians never fall alone!

• Locked thread