Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

PCOS Bill posted:

So he was a general piece of poo poo, what a shock

You're entire life is validated :frogout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

"According to previous reports, Christiano and her son were traveling down U.S. 78 when a Ford Mustang pulled up close behind them in the center lane. She reportedly motioned for the Mustang to go around, but he fired multiple shots instead and drove off."

Alright well forget the 4 year old daughter stuff. Apparently even if you're in the proper lane and not trying to block people from passing you, you'll get shot at anyway. I'm thinking I should start a bulletproof auto glass business.

Maybe we really do deserve forced autonomous cars.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

davebo posted:

Alright well forget the 4 year old daughter stuff. Apparently even if you're in the proper lane and not trying to block people from passing you, you'll get shot at anyway. I'm thinking I should start a bulletproof auto glass business.

The only winning move is to stay at home. Thankfully everything is digital these days, and for the stuff that isn't, there's Amazon.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

davebo posted:

"According to previous reports, Christiano and her son were traveling down U.S. 78 when a Ford Mustang pulled up close behind them in the center lane. She reportedly motioned for the Mustang to go around, but he fired multiple shots instead and drove off."

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

davebo posted:

No, then they will basically be moving shooting blinds. Dude can have a beer and shoot some families on the way to work.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
The worst part about this is I bet she wont learn a lesson.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

PCOS Bill posted:

Or give you something else you deserve.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

probation approved by lowtax himself, you lucky dog!

protip: people get shot every day for any reason or no reason, there is no amount of changing your behavior that will prevent you from getting shot. implying otherwise is dense at best and outright malicious at worst.

terrible truck stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soG5ihDaiFE

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Enourmo posted:

probation approved by lowtax himself, you lucky dog!

protip: people get shot every day for any reason or no reason, there is no amount of changing your behavior that will prevent you from getting shot. implying otherwise is dense at best and outright malicious at worst.

terrible truck stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soG5ihDaiFE

You really don't think there's nothing you can do to lower your risk of being shot, in a broad manner?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

iwentdoodie posted:

You really don't think there's nothing you can do to lower your risk of being shot, in a broad manner?

Lower, sure, but nothing can reduce it to zero. There will always be someone who reacts irrationally, so no amount of rational prevention can prevent that.

E: Was it unnecessary for the shooting victim to play speed patrol? yes. is it appropriate at all to bring that up in the context of how the shooting could have been prevented? no.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

iwentdoodie posted:

Sure, I do it all the time. It's called not being in the US.

The gently caress is wrong with you people seriously.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE
I'm not sure which side of this argument is stupider. The 'the guy was out to get himself shot' crew or the 'people are complete shitheads until bad things happen to them, then they're angles' crew.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

FatCow posted:

I'm not sure which side of this argument is stupider. The 'the guy was out to get himself shot' crew or the 'people are complete shitheads until bad things happen to them, then they're angles' crew.

it is possible to think someone is an rear end in a top hat without wishing literal death upon them/their children

hope this helps

E: also, "angels"

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

E-gently caress it never mind

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Oct 22, 2015

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

CommieGIR posted:

Based on his post history, it could be either.

Terrible car poo poo indeed.

needs more Star Wars.

Also, it's loving BTTF day. Where's my :BTTF: emot?
Post more Deloreans...

or whatever.

Edit: actually that golf cart is pretty rad. Probably wrong thread.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Oct 22, 2015

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

your entire post is in the wrong thread, hth.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

It's too bad they don't make some simple device that could have prevented that sort of thing. Maybe something that could be stuck in front of the tires on the trailer or even something that could brace the rear edge of the trailer to keep it from tipping. Sadly, such simple devices don't exist, so this sort of terrible thing will continue to happen.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Proper loading procedures for a piece like this would be get on a level surface and set the goddamn trailer air brakes you jackass!

E: why the crane operator just didn't do a rollback is beyond me.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

In'shallah.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Armyman25 posted:

In'shallah.

Aloha Snackbar.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

xzzy posted:

The only winning move is to stay at home. Thankfully everything is digital these days, and for the stuff that isn't, there's Amazon.

Given the amazing shitstorm that's weekday Metro Atlanta traffic, I'm glad I work from home.

Nice wheels. Shame about the rest of the truck.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I'm sure the owner felt that was the right choice for a rugged look.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I'd have gone with brushed metal myself.

Or a matte finish.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Perhaps he was trying to create some kind of... car-pet.

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010

AirRaid posted:

Nailed it.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
wanna pet that truck...

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Fed up with Volkswagen getting all the headlines, our local GM branch have decided to seize the news agenda http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/oct/22/vauxhall-investigates-spontaneous-combustion-of-zafiras

quote:

Vauxhall is investigating more than 100 reports of its cars catching fire without warning while on the road.

The British car company said it was taking the spontaneous combustion incidents involving its Zafira B seven-seater model made between 2005 and 2014 “very seriously”. The company has offered customers a free check-up with a Vauxhall dealer and confirmed it would take further action.

More than 130 owners have reported overheating problems behind the glove-box area, including three mothers whose children were in the car when the vehicle caught alight.

Vauxhall said in a statement that it had carried out an investigation. It said: “While the number of incidents is very low in proportion to the number of vehicles on the road, we take this issue very seriously and will take further action.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Fed up with Volkswagen getting all the headlines, our local GM branch have decided to seize the news agenda http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/oct/22/vauxhall-investigates-spontaneous-combustion-of-zafiras

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry, I think we Germans have to claim this one. Vauxhalls aren't really British cars but re-badged Opels, and the Zafira is made in Germany afair

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

wayfinder posted:

Sorry, I think we Germans have to claim this one. Vauxhalls aren't really British cars but re-badged Opels, and the Zafira is made in Germany afair

Or Poland

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
By Opel, who is owned by GM. So it's Americas fault.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

Given the amazing shitstorm that's weekday Metro Atlanta traffic, I'm glad I work from home.

Nice wheels. Shame about the rest of the truck.

The Shaggin' (Power) Wagon.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

AirRaid posted:

In Soviet Russia, YOU catch the fuzz

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

dissss posted:

Or Poland

No, that's still Germany. :colbert:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

El Jebus posted:

No, that's still Germany. :colbert:

If you like it shoulda won a war for it

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Behold Domino's new bespoke pizza conveyance: a Chevy Spark with custom pizza warmer and pizza support cargo configuration. Note the gorgeous custom Dominos livery. The shittiest fast food now has an equally appealing way to arrive.

edit: all photos are blurry/low-quality because of a pizzaspiracy.

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Oct 23, 2015

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

As a (now former) Domino's driver, I think this is a little neat. It's nice not to put miles on my own car and having a warmer in the car can be handy.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
One step closer to the deliverator, so no complaints.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Now they just need some edible food to deliver in their fancy car.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Papa John's is gonna use drones, and people are going to shoot them out of the sky for free pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

leica posted:

Papa John's is gonna use drones, and people are going to shoot them out of the sky for free pizza.

But can't you already just shoot the delivery driver for free pizza?

Surely drones are more expensive than papa john's drivers.