Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?
Infinity, Neptabyss, Rafflessia, one of the new BLS cards, and that's just what's confirmed. There are still a lot of slots open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
This set is going to sell like hotcakes. ALL of the good imports, and decent cards in it too? Take my money now!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Not all of the good imports. There's still a handful of things that would be really nice for the TCG to have.

DIAMOND DUST WHEN, KONAMI? IT'S BEEN TWO YEARS. :argh:

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
So hype for neptabyss. Glad I kept my mermail stuff and my moulinglacia. They've all shot up to 20+$

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dexie posted:

Not all of the good imports. There's still a handful of things that would be really nice for the TCG to have.

DIAMOND DUST WHEN, KONAMI? IT'S BEEN TWO YEARS. :argh:

I know what you mean. Full Armor Crystal Lancer (The Rank 6 WATER girl) should have come out over 2 years ago, as well.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Julias posted:

I know what you mean. Full Armor Crystal Lancer (The Rank 6 WATER girl) should have come out over 2 years ago, as well.

They're not giving TCG anything from that Duelist Pack and I don't understand why.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dexie posted:

They're not giving TCG anything from that Duelist Pack and I don't understand why.

They're bad at managing imports. No seriously, just like how they wasted an Import and Ultra slot in Clash of Rebelions on Hi-Speedroid Kendama, when it would be reprinted less then 2 months later in High-Speed Riders (Still salty about this, wanted a Kozmo Farmgirl, or any decent Ultra for that matter).

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:
Breakers of Shadow is blowing Dimension of Chaos out of the water, you would think they would hold off on all the announcements until after Dimension is released.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

DOCS-TCG has new Kozmo stuff, Majespecters, some important Performage cards, a bunch of imported D/D/Ds (FINALLY!), and Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend. It's still a drat good set.

It also has this:

quote:

DOCS-EN089 Kaiju Capture Mission (Common)
Continuous Trap Card Trap Card
Once per turn, if 3 or less Kaiju Counters are on this card: You can target 1 “Kaiju” monster on the field; change it to face-down Defense Position, then place 1 Kaiju Counter on this card (max. 3). If this card in your possession is destroyed by your opponent’s card and sent to your Graveyard: you can draw 2 cards. This effect can of “Kaiju Capture Mission” used only once per turn.

http://ygorganization.com/docs-super-early-leak/

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The most important fact in DOCS-TCG is that Forbidden Jar is a Common. I love Sibyls.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Sibyl Shaddolls are still the most fun way to play Shaddolls.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I mostly do Sibyltrick when I Sibyl, but Forbidden Jar is basically a Sibyl.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

http://ygorganization.com/docs-tcg-dd-names/

It took them THIS long to bring us D/Ds and they had to give them silly names.

D/D Savant for the astronomers is lame, and DUO-DAWN KING KALI YUGA is really silly sounding.

That's our TCG, I guess! :v:

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Dexie posted:

Sibyl Shaddolls are still the most fun way to play Shaddolls.

Yeah, nah

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Koguma posted:

Yeah, nah

Yeah, brah.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Dexie posted:

Yeah, brah.

Koguma's opinions are better than yours.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Sibylldolls are loving rad and anyone who doesn't like them hates fun.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The best thing to do with Shaddolls involves a big pile of matches.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I enjoy using Tarotrei and Taboos to lock my opponents. I've had an opponent overextend turn 1 and get locked down via Raigeki and then repeated Sentries.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Dabir posted:

The best thing to do with Shaddolls involves a big pile of matches.

We need to adopt the OCG lists.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Apparently this is the full list of D/D cards in DOCS-TCG.

quote:

Super Rare
DOCS-EN044 D/D/D Wave Oblivion King Caesar Ragnarok
DOCS-EN050 D/D/D Duo-Dawn King Kali Yuga
DOCS-EN098 D/D/D Rebel King Leonidas

Rare
DOCS-EN010 D/D Berfomet
DOCS-EN090 D/D/D Wave King Caesar
DOCS-EN099 D/D/D Oblivion King Abyss Ragnarok

Common
DOCS-EN011 D/D Swirl Slime
DOCS-EN012 D/D Necro Slime
DOCS-EN068 D/D/D Contract Change
DOCS-EN069 Dark Contract with Errors
DOCS-EN091 D/D Savant Galilei
DOCS-EN092 D/D Savant Kepler
DOCS-EN093 Dark Contract with the Gate
DOCS-EN094 Dark Contract with the Swamp King
DOCS-EN095 Dark Contract with the Witch
DOCS-EN096 Contract Laundering
DOCS-EN097 D/D/D Human Resources

Which means that TCG will still be missing Temujin, Alexander, Armageddon, Lilith, Night Howling, Ogre, Cavalier, and Kaiser. Ugh. Lilith and Night Howling are kind of important to the deck. :argh:

Also there's these:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Radian,_the_Multidimensional_Kaiju
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gameciel,_the_Sea_Turtle_Kaiju

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Uh...turtle kaiju sounds really good.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Gameciel is hella good.

Glad to see the deck is starting to come together on it's own.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I haven't played them at all, but how many kaiju counters can you get on an average turn?

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I haven't played them at all, but how many kaiju counters can you get on an average turn?

Their field spell gets a counter every time a card goes from the field to grave, max 5 counters. The trap puts a counter on itself when you use it to flip a kaiju face down once per turn, max 3 counters.

It's really easy to get counters to fuel kaiju effects.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
e: Nevermind. Misread.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Kaijus are loving awesome

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?
The turtle is great, because now you can force them to kaiju battle you.

"But I wanna play something other than kaiju battle!"
"NO. NEGATE. KAIJU BATTLE OR NOTHING."

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Am I misreading turtle or does its effect work when you control it too...? Because if not, the card is completely insane. He's Strings on steroids.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Xoidanor posted:

Am I misreading turtle or does its effect work when you control it too...? Because if not, the card is completely insane. He's Strings on steroids.

All the kaiju monster effects so far work regardless of controller/owner. Turtle's "weakness" I guess is that if you summon with it's effect, it's in attack position and you probably gifted your opponent a stronger kaiju since it's the weakest one we've seen, attack-wise.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

But he'll win you games outright if he's backed up by anything. Imagine him behind something like Vanity's Emptiness or Solemn Scolding, you'd be locked out of doing anything. Strings weakness was that you could get around him with spells and traps. Turtle has no such weakness (except not generating tokens on his own), he's a better LADD.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Xoidanor posted:

But he'll win you games outright if he's backed up by anything. Imagine him behind something like Vanity's Emptiness or Solemn Scolding, you'd be locked out of doing anything. Strings weakness was that you could get around him with spells and traps. Turtle has no such weakness (except not generating tokens on his own), he's a better LADD.

Yea, it's a really strong card. I for one welcome our kaiju stun overlord.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Now Kaiju stun I can get behind.
He's cool.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
just got back from philadelphia regionals going a high 7-3 of about 570 people attending. 10 rounds of exhausting card game shenanigans.

warning: it's shadolls, so Slur, do not read

decklist:

1 BLS
2 Maxx c
3 Mathematician

2 Beast
3 Squamata
1 Dragon
2 Hedgehog
2 Falco

3 Juggler
2 Tricker
2 Clown

3 Shaddoll Fusion
3 El Shaddoll Fusion
2 Instant Fusion
1 Mind Control
1 Raigeki
1 Book of Moon
1 Foolish Burial
1 Soul Charge

1 Vanity's Emptiness
1 Shaddoll Core
2 Breakthrough Skill

Extra
3 Construct
2 Winda
1 Shek
1 Anoyatillis
1 Norden
1 Trishula
1 Exciton
1 Castel
1 Emeral
1 Diamond Crab King
1 Dweller
1 Trapeze Magician

Side
2 Denko Sekka
2 Majesty's Fiend
2 Iron Wall
2 Mistake
2 Retaliating C
1 Thunder King
3 MST

Matches:
R1: the mirror, 2-0
R2: kozmo, 2-0
R3: watt burn? 2-1 I dunno, was some girl playing a burn variant, sided Denko Sekka and just left hat tricker on board and eventually won.
R4: infernoids, 0-2 vs. Ryan Levine, winner of ARG Atlantic City. this MU was brutal as I almost always had a lord omega to deal with and I didn't see fusion spells.
R5: the mirror, 2-1
R6: kozmo, 1-2 I otk'd him game one and games two and three I just misplayed a bunch.
R7: the mirror, 2-0
R8: infernoids, 2-0, I open BLS both games and every time he summoned devyaty I just ran over it with him.
R9: the mirror, 1-2, game 3 I made the misplay of the evening forgetting he set squamata and running into it with BLS instead of banishing. I facepalmed immediately after he activated core and then emptiness later when I tried to summon my core to defend myself and he just attacked a few times for game.
R10: the mirror, 2-0, probably the round I was worried about the most, since if I didn't win I probably wouldn't top 32. however, I get the trapeze/construct OTK both games and had enough rank 4 resources to spin whatever he had on board or run it over. talk about anti-climactic. it was over in like 12 minutes. I had gone first both games.

finishing 7-3 and no string of losses next to each other I sat there and waited the rest of the standings to be posted and for everyone to finish up. once they're put up I somehow manage to wade past the forest of people and see my name plastered under number 31, barely making it. top 64 were given invites, so if I still lost round 10, I -may- have made it, but I doubt it.

I was incredibly proud of how I did seeing as I haven't been to many events since coming back, so I got my invite to nationals and left pretty happy.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Congrats on the nationals invite, dude!

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Koguma posted:

just got back from philadelphia regionals going a high 7-3 of about 570 people attending. 10 rounds of exhausting card game shenanigans.

warning: it's shadolls, so Slur, do not read

decklist:

1 BLS
2 Maxx c
3 Mathematician

2 Beast
3 Squamata
1 Dragon
2 Hedgehog
2 Falco

3 Juggler
2 Tricker
2 Clown

3 Shaddoll Fusion
3 El Shaddoll Fusion
2 Instant Fusion
1 Mind Control
1 Raigeki
1 Book of Moon
1 Foolish Burial
1 Soul Charge

1 Vanity's Emptiness
1 Shaddoll Core
2 Breakthrough Skill

Extra
3 Construct
2 Winda
1 Shek
1 Anoyatillis
1 Norden
1 Trishula
1 Exciton
1 Castel
1 Emeral
1 Diamond Crab King
1 Dweller
1 Trapeze Magician

Side
2 Denko Sekka
2 Majesty's Fiend
2 Iron Wall
2 Mistake
2 Retaliating C
1 Thunder King
3 MST

Matches:
R1: the mirror, 2-0
R2: kozmo, 2-0
R3: watt burn? 2-1 I dunno, was some girl playing a burn variant, sided Denko Sekka and just left hat tricker on board and eventually won.
R4: infernoids, 0-2 vs. Ryan Levine, winner of ARG Atlantic City. this MU was brutal as I almost always had a lord omega to deal with and I didn't see fusion spells.
R5: the mirror, 2-1
R6: kozmo, 1-2 I otk'd him game one and games two and three I just misplayed a bunch.
R7: the mirror, 2-0
R8: infernoids, 2-0, I open BLS both games and every time he summoned devyaty I just ran over it with him.
R9: the mirror, 1-2, game 3 I made the misplay of the evening forgetting he set squamata and running into it with BLS instead of banishing. I facepalmed immediately after he activated core and then emptiness later when I tried to summon my core to defend myself and he just attacked a few times for game.
R10: the mirror, 2-0, probably the round I was worried about the most, since if I didn't win I probably wouldn't top 32. however, I get the trapeze/construct OTK both games and had enough rank 4 resources to spin whatever he had on board or run it over. talk about anti-climactic. it was over in like 12 minutes. I had gone first both games.

finishing 7-3 and no string of losses next to each other I sat there and waited the rest of the standings to be posted and for everyone to finish up. once they're put up I somehow manage to wade past the forest of people and see my name plastered under number 31, barely making it. top 64 were given invites, so if I still lost round 10, I -may- have made it, but I doubt it.

I was incredibly proud of how I did seeing as I haven't been to many events since coming back, so I got my invite to nationals and left pretty happy.

Congrats, that's awesome! I run a Shaddoll clowns deck myself that is incredibly similar (with veiler instead of BTS and 2 noden 3 instant 3 maxx c with no trish and one less trick clown). I'm heading to the Newcastle regional in three weeks, so I might shamelessly steal inspiration from your build and test it out at locals :D

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=7512

This. This is a good card.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Why is it a trap Konami, whhhhyyyyyy :negative:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yesssssssss that's a 3-of in Mecha Phantom Beasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Xoidanor posted:

Why is it a trap Konami, whhhhyyyyyy :negative:

It'd be way too good if it was a spell.

• Locked thread