Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

I'm convinced at this point that Lonk's Asura isn't, and is some kind of Cosmic Horror instead.

The tiniest cosmic horror at that. :stonk:

E: Can someone relink that webm of the guy/gal using a guild banner only for it to explode into traps? I need to share that with friends. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Malseth
Aug 18, 2008
Fun Shoe

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

This is kind of kawaii, right? It's not an asura, though.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hey, I didn't play the beta outside of peeping the new classes.

What zone do I need to have open for the new content.
Several of my characters were leveled... quickly and may not have waypoints.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

THAT HAT BETTER RETURN SOON IM SO MAD I MISSED OUT.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Hey, I didn't play the beta outside of peeping the new classes.

What zone do I need to have open for the new content.
Several of my characters were leveled... quickly and may not have waypoints.

Entrance is in the silverwastes, so just need those.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I am temporarily fed up with Destiny because of do-this-quest-today-or-wait-two-weeks quests and not wanting to put in the effort to put a raid group together.

Just in time for HoT! So I'm happy about that. Can't wait to Chronomancer it up on Friday. We'll be able to just immediately start dumping hero points into the elite specs, right?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Harrow posted:

I am temporarily fed up with Destiny because of do-this-quest-today-or-wait-two-weeks quests and not wanting to put in the effort to put a raid group together.

Just in time for HoT! So I'm happy about that. Can't wait to Chronomancer it up on Friday. We'll be able to just immediately start dumping hero points into the elite specs, right?

You can start dumping points into it, but even if you have world completion on the character you wont have enough to finish the track so you wont actually be able to get the higher tier traits until you've hosed around in the jungle for about 200 hero points.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Butterfly wings?

quick.. someone cosplay Venture Bros. Monarch Minions!

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Waci posted:

You can start dumping points into it, but even if you have world completion on the character you wont have enough to finish the track so you wont actually be able to get the higher tier traits until you've hosed around in the jungle for about 200 hero points.
The full elite spec line costs 400 to unlock but the full line also includes the cosmetic weapon/armour and a set of runes plus a sigil. The actual traits/skills will cost significantly less (about 2/3 of total if the datamined staff is correct) so people with world completion should be able to unlock nearly all of it immediately as long as you don't need to do a small quest or something to make it available. Given that they said you can unlock them in WvW without going to the Maguuma jungle I'm expecting them to just be available immediately.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mercurius posted:

The full elite spec line costs 400 to unlock but the full line also includes the cosmetic weapon/armour and a set of runes plus a sigil. The actual traits/skills will cost significantly less (about 2/3 of total if the datamined staff is correct) so people with world completion should be able to unlock nearly all of it immediately as long as you don't need to do a small quest or something to make it available. Given that they said you can unlock them in WvW without going to the Maguuma jungle I'm expecting them to just be available immediately.

Yeah, I figure I won't be able to get the skins right away, but that's fine as long as I can get enough of it to have some Chronomancer fun right away.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

The new face of terror. :yikes:

PseudoFaux
Oct 9, 2012
Jesus christ. Has it really been three years? I just finished my first character's PS from fuckall long ago. How long until heart of thorns drops?

Kubert
Aug 9, 2010

PseudoFaux posted:

How long until heart of thorns drops?

whatever you do, don't read the thread title!!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Man, I just dropped 50 bucks on this, which has been the most money I've spent on a single game in over a year. I feel like I've dropped a shitload of cash (since I also bought into the SWTOR expansion -- I imagine Dulfy must be ecstatic this month) and I'm already having buyer's remorse since I have significant doubts I'll get my money's worth. I finished my personal story and was playing quite a bit of PvP for a while but that's dropped off. I haven't really touched Silverwastes or Dry Top, and when I visited those areas it just seemed like confusing grinding. I also didn't do the Living Story since I jumped back into the game after like episode 4 so I don't have access to the whole story without paying more money. The only thing I've done in the game these past couple months is log in for my daily chest and do guild missions whenever I've been free on weekends, just because that's become routine.

This guild hall mission thing sounds cool, but beyond that I would like to be reassured that there will be enough cool stuff to do in the expansion...

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Man, I just dropped 50 bucks on this, which has been the most money I've spent on a single game in over a year. I feel like I've dropped a shitload of cash (since I also bought into the SWTOR expansion -- I imagine Dulfy must be ecstatic this month) and I'm already having buyer's remorse since I have significant doubts I'll get my money's worth. I finished my personal story and was playing quite a bit of PvP for a while but that's dropped off. I haven't really touched Silverwastes or Dry Top, and when I visited those areas it just seemed like confusing grinding. I also didn't do the Living Story since I jumped back into the game after like episode 4 so I don't have access to the whole story without paying more money. The only thing I've done in the game these past couple months is log in for my daily chest and do guild missions whenever I've been free on weekends, just because that's become routine.

This guild hall mission thing sounds cool, but beyond that I would like to be reassured that there will be enough cool stuff to do in the expansion...
If you're really not sure you did the right thing you could probably talk to support and get a refund and then buy it later when it's on special for $25 or whatever.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
It will probably be free when the next expansion releases, so really you'd have to be a sucker to buy it now.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

soon it will be time for video games

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Lyer posted:

Entrance is in the silverwastes, so just need those.

Thanks. I can force all my alts over there and make sure they are ready to HAHAHAH who am I kidding I'm not going to play anything but Scrapper.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Chopping down trees all day to prepare myself.

Fakedit: And jumping off cliffs.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

That was the worst probation of my posting career you asura lovers

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Canadians are the Asura of the Western Hemisphere.

PartyCrown
Dec 31, 2007

whydirt posted:

Canadians are the Asura of the Western Hemisphere.

wow rude

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

I solo tanked everything at an upgraded camp including two dolyaks and nearly killed the guild lord before 5 guys jumped me and beat me up. I didn't die but now I'm stuck like this due to muscle spasms caused by this vicious beating. Please donate to the Wounded Warrior Project by sending Gonk gold so I can feel normal again.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

How in the world do you buy gems or expansions if you are an American overseas? Arenanet's check out system won't let me select "United States" for credit card / paypal even though my bank is in my hometown in the US. :argh:

tvayisnihyaami
Dec 23, 2012

by Lowtax
so when are they gonna implement mount?

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Never, unless you count HoT's gliders as mounts (which you probably shouldn't).

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Amante posted:

Never, unless you count HoT's gliders as mounts (which you probably shouldn't).
There's also the broomstick and carpet I guess. Those are technically mounts, right?

Aug 24, 2011

tvayisnihyaami posted:

so when are they gonna implement mount?

game is free now, your mom can sign up whenever

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Dreggon posted:

game is free now, your mom can sign up whenever

Lol

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
New thread title after HoT launches, imo

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Wildstar dev spotted

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
come to my HoT release party for the game drop

my nana is making pizza rolls and we have lots of pop

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Kubert posted:

whatever you do, don't update the OP!!

Aug 24, 2011

ItBurns posted:

come to my HoT release party for the game drop

my nana is making pizza rolls and we have lots of pop

read this as lots of pvp

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Inzombiac posted:

THAT HAT BETTER RETURN SOON IM SO MAD I MISSED OUT.

Finally I have something someone wishes they had! It's how I feel whenever people post anything here.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

Finally I have something someone wishes they had! It's how I feel whenever people post anything here.

same except sex life for me

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

• Locked thread