Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Exia00 posted:

My job is complete.

So I snapshot our M41 because they weren't even trying to scout on Prokhorovka. They then spent literally nine minutes blocking me. I didn't think to check their stats after that match, but boy they're some sort of weird combination of botter and whale:

They have all the tier 10s that these tier 9s lead to, except the AMX 30B. Good times. Also a good demonstrator that the missions take more luck than skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

stephenfry posted:

You can use exceptions for multiple tanks. Do the Pz B2, the Ram II and the M56 Scorpion simultaneously.
the m3 lee is in WT ground forces, not in Armored Warfare

yet

Already have the first two, and didn't even bother with the Scorpion so I don't have it on my record. Still, I'd love to see someone get a free Scorpion like that.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

McGavin posted:

You should go down there and teach them a thing or two about game development.

It's a bit of a trip! I did manage to get a free Warspite out of industry contacts too, so I don't want to be mean to them in person.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Bleremiah posted:

Not so much in the way of bots, but occasionally. Thing is, there aren't multiple servers, just an NA West + added language barriers.

There are just as many language barriers on NA East. South America (not Spanish speaking North America) is actually closer to the East Coast servers.

So there is a huge population of Argentinians, Brazilians, and Chileans on NA East. Not to mention all the Québécois Francophones and the Eastern Europeans who like to troll the NA servers.

quote:

Half the time the stat padder platoons turn out to be just as worthless as the average player, and it really makes you question just how good some of the greens and blues are.

I agree. I'd say 95% of the dark blues are way better than me; however, most of the green players aren't. Even with light blues I find myself often wondering "what the gently caress is that guy doing?"

quote:

Especially when I'm yellow. Last 1400 matches I've apparently been playing at a green level

I'm yellow too with only a 47% winrate; however, I've been playing much better. I'm almost always playing at green or blue wn8, and lately have around a 52% winrate.
and I make dumb loving decisions all the time.

quote:

I can only do so well because everyone else is consistently worse. I should platoon more

Same. I almost never platoon. I really think that stats get artificially plunked in the cases of solo players. My theory is often treated with "carry more," but poo poo. There is only so much carrying a single player can do on a regular basis.

It's a lot easier to carry when you are in a platoon of 3 not poo poo players

quote:

gently caress, I should probably start from scratch on the EU server, my KV220T and other irreplaceables be damned.

Here is the thing, why do you care? I don't give a poo poo--so much so I will sometimes zero out my stats for a match by drowning myself if it looks too unfun.

The only reason it really matters if you want to join a douche clan who cares what color you are; however, by your described play style it does not seem that would be your thing.

Really having yellow stats is nice because you never get xvm sniped and the "good" players totally underestimate your skill, to your advantage.

Plus, if you do care, you could just reroll on the same NA servers. Why take the ping hit unless your actually closer to the EU cluster.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ZombieLenin posted:

There are just as many language barriers on NA East.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Exactly. ZL is writing sentences but not a word makes sense. A failure of communication. QED.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

ZombieLenin posted:

There are just as many language barriers on NA East.

algum br?

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
if you want to learn how to call people idiot noob retards in about a dozen different central european languages, you should come play on EU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
bwyta fy siorts!

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TheFluff posted:

if you want to learn how to call people idiot noob retards in about a dozen different central european languages, you should come play on EU

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

stephenfry posted:

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue
kekekekekekekekek

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

RanKizama posted:

kekekekekekekekek

CADELAS
PORRA CAP

TheFluff posted:

merkel

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I can't tell if I should interpret this as a compliment or as an insult....

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Prav posted:

Exactly. ZL is writing sentences but not a word makes sense. A failure of communication. QED.

Which part, exactly, didn't you understand. The part that there are language barriers on NA East as there are on NA West because there a bunch of South Americans?

The part where I agreed with the man that the colors coded stats don't work that well for solo players, or the part where I said it was stupid to re-roll if you don't need pretty stats for some reason?

Or was it the prt where I said don't reroll on the EU server unless you're in the EU.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ZombieLenin posted:

Which part, exactly, didn't you understand. The part that there are language barriers on NA East as there are on NA West because there a bunch of South Americans?

The part where I agreed with the man that the colors coded stats don't work that well for solo players, or the part where I said it was stupid to re-roll if you don't need pretty stats for some reason?

Or was it the prt where I said don't reroll on the EU server unless you're in the EU.

The guy you originally quoted, Bleremiah, is on the SEA server. He was saying that the SEA server is basically the shittiness of NA West with the added "fun" of having several different Asian and Pacific Islander languages, all wrapped up into one awful latency package. No one claimed that NA West has any more language issues than NA East.

Post that .gif, Exia.

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4
Job done. See if anyone remembers what game that was from.

^ with sound. http://www.rainvid.com/v/2c30be3f9ef1f071e66542d14a120cc

Exia00 fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Oct 23, 2015

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
i see the slap fight with ZombieLenin is still going strong.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Exia00 posted:

As you wish.
*spits out toothpick* "you got it, bawse"

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

ZombieLenin posted:

I'm yellow too with only a 47% winrate; however, I've been playing much better. I'm almost always playing at green or blue wn8 , and lately have around a 52% winrate.

No, you don't, and I don't know why you'd say that, but I think I've found your problem:

Have you tried not alternating literally every tank in your garage as often as possible? One of the main contributors to my beginning of not being poo poo at the game and figuring out how to play tanks was the switch to exclusively playing only a few tanks at a time. If you're averaging around 70 matches per day, try to use that time more efficiently by picking out two or three tanks tops, possibly ones that handle similarly and then try to learn how to drive those three tanks as opposed to switching between FOURTY tanks over three days.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Duzzy Funlop posted:

No, you don't, and I don't know why you'd say that, but I think I've found your problem:

get out of here with this turbo nerd poo poo

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Have you tried not alternating literally every tank in your garage as often as possible? One of the main contributors to my beginning of not being poo poo at the game and figuring out how to play tanks was the switch to exclusively playing only a few tanks at a time. If you're averaging around 70 matches per day, try to use that time more efficiently by picking out two or three tanks tops, possibly ones that handle similarly and then try to learn how to drive those three tanks as opposed to switching between FOURTY tanks over three days.

Funnily enough I had the opposite experience when I was starting to improve. Playing one tank a lot would end in me getting frustrated at incompetence (mine and others) but doing every single tank I owned (back when that was possible, I'd have to play more games a day than ZL to do that now) showed consistent improvements.

On the other hand I think even at my worst I never averaged more than 70 games a day. Holy poo poo.

e: Holy poo poo Zombielenin's stats. Is he getting Wargaming's personal rating thing confused with WN8? Someone ask him because I'm certain he has me blocked.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
:wow:

ZL please stop playing the game so much. It can't be good for your mental health.

Btw where is that from?

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4
Got my ace.

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

ZombieLenin posted:

I'm yellow too with only a 47% winrate; however, I've been playing much better. I'm almost always playing at green or blue wn8 , and lately have around a 52% winrate.

Well you definitely make stupid decisions, but if you were really playing at a "green or blue wn8" then you probably wouldn't do as blatantly stupid poo poo as driving your Lowe across the middle of the loving field on Malinovka when it's a 6v6 game that you could have won. If you had driven all the way south and crossed in, you know, the place smart players cross, you could have used all those bushes to keep from getting spotted instead of me artying you in the face because you didn't bother with camo.

I made a picture for you because your PhD doesn't seem help you you with comprehending reality:

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Desuwa posted:

Funnily enough I had the opposite experience when I was starting to improve. Playing one tank a lot would end in me getting frustrated at incompetence (mine and others) but doing every single tank I owned (back when that was possible, I'd have to play more games a day than ZL to do that now) showed consistent improvements.

On the other hand I think even at my worst I never averaged more than 70 games a day. Holy poo poo.

I rarely play more than 2-3 games in each tank per session. On the other hand, if I get more than 2 hours to play I am happy (or well as happy as you can be playing WoT).
70 games a day with an average time of 7 min per game equals roughly 8 hours.
So what about that full-time job and wife?
Also, for some reason all his stats are going down.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Cardiac posted:

I rarely play more than 2-3 games in each tank per session. On the other hand, if I get more than 2 hours to play I am happy (or well as happy as you can be playing WoT).
70 games a day with an average time of 7 min per game equals roughly 8 hours.
So what about that full-time job and wife?
Also, for some reason all his stats are going down.

Dude's botting.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
ZL's botting/shameful all day WoTing aside, good news! It seems like WG are finally going to do what many of us have wished for and literally gas to death lovely camping players:
http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/46/ver10-test-rampage-mode-new/
I wonder if this was a suggestion from the NA office?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hellsau posted:

Dude's botting.

Why didn't I piece it together sooner.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]
Wasn't there supposed to be a new tank yesterday? Not that I'm complaining, I was just curious when I wasn't facing a zillion X type tanks last night.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Darkrenown posted:

ZL's botting/shameful all day WoTing aside, good news! It seems like WG are finally going to do what many of us have wished for and literally gas to death lovely camping players:

Rampage mode only :(

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.
http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/22/Abode-of-tankenstein/

Last tank is the KV-5 again. Looks like it's time to pull our your IS-3s to get your 5 wins and then spend a bunch of time dying to IS-3s to get your boosters. loving yay.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
why doesn't marks of excellence work on the autismtraktor-59 please tell me whyyyyyyyyy i can never be cured if i cant get the autism meter maxed out whyyyyy

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4

Darkrenown posted:

WG is so uncreative they are stealing game types from other games now...

This guy is really pissed off because i "rerolled" and killed him because he was intentually blocking teammates (it was hellsau so not really sure he counts as a teammate)

Exia00 fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 23, 2015

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
:smugissar: is the only course of action for people like that. Good Work.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Exia00 posted:

WG is so uncreative they are stealing game types from other games now...

This guy is really pissed off because i "rerolled" and killed him because he was intentually blocking teammates (it was hellsau so not really sure he counts as a teammate)

Any idiot who bothers to look you up can see that your account was created on March 1st, 2013, so you're obviously not a reroll. Dude's just too stupid to figure that out.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Darkrenown posted:

Botting? No. All day pix tanks? No. I do have a job. The closest I come is on Saturdays and Sunday's where I will play for maybe 4 hours a day--here I'm guilty of not having a social life.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
But how do you end up with 79 battles a day over the past 28 days?

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4

McGavin posted:

Any idiot who bothers to look you up can see that your account was created on March 1st, 2013, so you're obviously not a reroll. Dude's just too stupid to figure that out.

Yeah you would think but that never seems to matter. I have taken so many 5 month breaks from this game... only reason my battle count is so low. But if your better than someone and have less games than them you are automatically a reroll by their standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Exia00 posted:

Yeah you would think but that never seems to matter. I have taken so many 5 month breaks from this game... only reason my battle count is so low. But if your better than someone and have less games than them you are automatically a reroll by their standards.

So you're saying shooting that guy provided much humor for both me and you? I'll be sure to shoot more teammates in the future.