Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
That they all have the exact same Copperhead-esque eyes is pretty weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

kind of regret trading this in now that they fixed all the challenge map poo poo but then again it took months upon months for them to even make it viable. I thought Prometheus was datamined from the Season of Infamy poo poo?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
They all look like they should be in Five Nights At Freddys

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Five Nights at Freeze's?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Croc looks like a troll from Harry Potter.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

If these Most Wanted missions are going to be tacked on into the main game with Alfred giving you a call going "Master Bruce! There's more bad dudes causing chaos in the city!" (this is what's probably going to happen) rather than taking place post-AK then it will be more underwhelming than it already looks.
The perfect end for this game basically.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I predict that Mad Hatter's battle is Batmobile race while drugged.

Ra's al Ghul is a fight against his henchmen with him just randomly jumping in with a fencing sword.

Killer Crocker will be a detective mode mystery culminating in a QTE battle.

And Mr. Freeze will obviously be a tank.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

The Human Crouton posted:

Is Killer Crocker what happens when Betty Crocker goes mad?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

The Human Crouton posted:

I predict that Mad Hatter's battle is Batmobile race while drugged.

Ra's al Ghul is a fight against his henchmen with him just randomly jumping in with a fencing sword.

And Mr. Freeze will obviously be a tank.

I actually think you're going to be pretty close. I bet each will highlight a different bat-aspect: racin', tankin', punchin', and predator...in'.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
Well Hatters little story for finding his riddle in the main game is about him becoming so desperate to find Alice that he's now kidnapping men and making them up to look like her so obviously his section is going to involve the Batmobile in some sort of Drag race.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

That pun was brilliant, but it still hurt me deeply.

Also, is there any series in which Mad Hatter isn't just creepy as all get out? I mean, really.

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N
In Batman: The Animated Series he always struck me as the least creepy or menacing of all of Batman's major villains. He was just sort of adorably pathetic in his attempts compared to Scarecrow or Riddler or anyone else. But that's probably because it was a kids' show so they had to cut out all the implications that he's actually more of a sexual predator than any of the other villains.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I dunno. He brainwashes Alice, forces her boyfriend to break up with her, and breaks into her house. He was at his creepiest in his debut.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

What if the Freeze fight is a tank fight where he just slaps treads on his already insanely bulky suit and just motors around Gotham :v:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

l33t b4c0n posted:

In Batman: The Animated Series he always struck me as the least creepy or menacing of all of Batman's major villains. He was just sort of adorably pathetic in his attempts compared to Scarecrow or Riddler or anyone else. But that's probably because it was a kids' show so they had to cut out all the implications that he's actually more of a sexual predator than any of the other villains.

He kidnaps Batman and hypnotizes him into living in his own perfect world, just to get him off his back. He has a pretty cool breakdown when he escapes.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Anyone modeling any aspect of their life after Alice in Wonderland is already a creepy weirdo and there's nothing to combat that.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That pun was brilliant, but it still hurt me deeply.

Also, is there any series in which Mad Hatter isn't just creepy as all get out? I mean, really.

No, he is always the sort of person that Barman should really finish off. But, at least its consistent with the Author of Alice, who was himself a skilled mathematician with a fondness for underage girls.

I'm not altogether sure I have ever seen Jervis Tetch do maths, though.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well surely the campy 60's series' family-friendly version of Hatter isn't creepy, no sexual undertones, just another bank robber. How creepy could that get?

Oh, nevermind.

(At least no Hatter has worn a fedora)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Is there an equivalent to Jokers funhouse in this game? That was the only replay value these games have imo

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Chasiubao posted:

What if the Freeze fight is a tank fight where he just slaps treads on his already insanely bulky suit and just motors around Gotham :v:

Even better, his suit weaponry is so advanced that you have to take a trip to Lucius just to bust out the thermite shells and literal flamethrowers to be able to cut through the ice walls he puts up or tries to encase the batmobile in. One of the only villains that can basically fight the car on his own without any stupid bigger tank.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This game has the most amazingly garbage trade in values I have ever seen on something newish that sold well.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's because trade-in values are based on demand and I can assure you there is no demand for this game, nobody wants it, including most of the people that already own it :v:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Arkham Knight was well-reviewed and is largely well-regarded.

It's much more likely that it's a single-player game with not much replay value unless you really like the gameplay, and as such people beat the campaign and traded it in in droves.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
The ability to use other characters in the challenge maps might be enough to bring me back (total Robin mark here). Which maps currently out have endless combat like AC's Iceberg Lounge?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Pirate Jet posted:

Arkham Knight was well-reviewed and is largely well-regarded.

It's much more likely that it's a single-player game with not much replay value unless you really like the gameplay, and as such people beat the campaign and traded it in in droves.

Yeah, most single player games tend to absolutely tank when it comes to trade--in value. Even stuff like Bloodborne and MGS5 seemed to drop pretty quick.

Was hoping the AR challenges and other DLC would slot into the main campaign but I guess I can live with the way they're doing it. Trying to justify the season pass to myself more than anything though, hahah.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

Dishwasher posted:

The ability to use other characters in the challenge maps might be enough to bring me back (total Robin mark here). Which maps currently out have endless combat like AC's Iceberg Lounge?

There's a few endless wave maps now. There's one for Robin, Nightwing, and Catwoman that you can play with any character now.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

loving finally

TLDR: 10am Oct 28th for season pass stuff and re-release

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

NESguerilla posted:

This game has the most amazingly garbage trade in values I have ever seen on something newish that sold well.

New PS4's are sold with it now (you can get either AK or Last Of Us) so I imagine that floods the trade in market a bit.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
Since all the dlc is coming out soon is there a buy/don't buy consensus list?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aquasnake posted:

Since all the dlc is coming out soon is there a buy/don't buy consensus list?

It isn't out yet but basically the only stuff worth it is the combat challenge packs so far. Harley and Red Hood are pretty fun now that they can be used in challenge rooms though.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Batgirl was worth it

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

NESguerilla posted:

I saw it for $29.99 new last time I was at Costco. Makes me really wish I had waited a few months.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I wonder if they'll offer compensation to the people who bought this on PC when it first dropped.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
Wonder if there's any chance of it running worth a drat on a 2500k and 2GB 760 GTX :(

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

man nurse posted:

I wonder if they'll offer compensation to the people who bought this on PC when it first dropped.

I would be very surprised if they did.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
I'm pretty sure they said they wouldn't. Also I've seen some people who got the season pass who were gonna be mad if people who didn't buy it got anything for free.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Capn Beeb posted:

Wonder if there's any chance of it running worth a drat on a 2500k and 2GB 760 GTX :(

I run it on a 3550 with a 2GB 660 (which is roughly equivalent to what you have) and while it was a loving slideshow before the patch it's pretty good now.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Oct 25, 2015

Veotax
May 16, 2006

man nurse posted:

Their compensation was making sure Steam non-shady key sites like GMG gave refunds. I imagine that Steam allowed you to refund it if you were over the two hour limit.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Veotax posted:

Their compensation was making sure Steam non-shady key sites like GMG gave refunds. I imagine that Steam allowed you to refund it if you were over the two hour limit.

Or if you're like me you waited and picked it up from shady sites for like $8 after they pulled it and waited in the hopes that it might someday be fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
The port isn't going to be "fixed" once the re-release happens. Even if they do pack any performance improvements with the content release, it's still spit-shining what is a bad port at its core - and given by the language of their re-release announcement, they're just gonna push out the DLC+photo mode+whatever and call it a day. The game still has awful stuttering, just not as much. Rain effects are still busted, just slightly less so. Etc.

I seriously don't think anything would have saved the port aside from doing it from the ground up, and there's no way WB was ever going to do that - but not offering any form of compensation when even Ubisoft was willing to do so for a game that was comparatively less broken is downright galling.

• Locked thread