Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

OAquinas posted:

That's his biden caricature?

...we really dodged a bullet there.
I've yet to see any convincing caricature from Ramirez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

"VICE INCOMPETENT of the UNITED STATES"

Sick burn, Ramirez.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Where's the companion to this where Ramirez criticizes Obama for thinking about invading a sovereign nation to get Osama? I think it had him in the oval office serving tea to people.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

You gently caress off, Tinsley. Casserole is the greatest fast food.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Britain and China's trade deals – China has agreed not to conduct cyber-espionage against UK companies and to invest billions in a new nuclear power plant in Britain, following talks between David Cameron and President Xi Jinping in Downing Street"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... the Chinese President's state visit to the UK

'Honestly. Directions to the gents would have been enough, Mr Cameron.'

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

seniors are too busy cranking it to read the news anymore. a bold stance for a relatively "dad joke" cartoonist

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Ramirez is one of the politoonists that I genuinely don't get if they're just being assholes (like the McCoys), are saying exactly what their paycheck tells them to say (Branco), or genuinely has this seething, burning hatred for everything Democratic. I remember reading when Priggee talked to Gabe from PA and mentioned that the "job of an editorial cartoonist is to make cartoons that piss people off" and Ramirez just seems to have taken that and loving ran. He just has this hatred and festering venom pulsating from each cartoon that I half expect him to die from having some kind of stroke or heart attack in the middle of drawing one due to anger from left-wing people simply existing.

Like he's a Kirschen with better different art.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

ikanreed posted:

I get the internet behaviors parodied here, but what brought this up?

Snake people, or "sneeple", control our government at the highest levels.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Britain and China's trade deals – China has agreed not to conduct cyber-espionage against UK companies and to invest billions in a new nuclear power plant in Britain, following talks between David Cameron and President Xi Jinping in Downing Street"

Oh poo poo. It's an elephant. But... it's.... not... the republicans. My brain knows that there used to be an idiom, a white elephant. It was a thing you didn't want but couldn't get rid of. But years of political cartoon experience is saying the republicans are making GBS threads out the condom man while on holiday.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Zemyla posted:

This is just baseless slander. I suggest you correct yourself, citizen.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

OAquinas posted:

I think, to be far more lenient than the subject deserves, he's trying to do a Biden-Sherman amalgam, given the shoulder patches and quote in question. Only, he's loving it all up because he's Ramirez and as such incapable of actual art.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Did the punchline get drunk and crash on the way to the comic?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

What horrible ghoul is this and who gave it a microphone?

FicusArt
Dec 27, 2014

Why would I draw dudes when I could be drawing literally anything else?

Zemyla posted:

Those Millenials sure are leveraging their position as digital natives well. I never knew Generation Y was so well off.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

BlueBlazer posted:

Second. I'm sure a good/cut-rate necromancer is lurking somewhere on this board. Let's get him on the horn.

I work for soul crystals and bitcoins, make me an offer

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

So it's confirmed. Being the head of the plan to assassinate of the most wanted man in the world just isn't enough to please the GOP. I guess their guys just failed to accomplish it for so long because they couldn't figure out a suitably courageous way to do so.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

Bad reporter best reporter.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
The Pet Goat. The Pet Goat.

I know it'll never change and that people will always think it's "My Pet Goat," but it still... gets my goat :pwn:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I think a lot of conservatives hold a special grudge against Biden since he made their star Palin look like the incompetent rube she actually was. And I guess the clowning he gave Ryan.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Rorus Raz posted:

I think a lot of conservatives hold a special grudge against Biden since he made their star Palin look like the incompetent rube she actually was. And I guess the clowning he gave Ryan.

It's because they carefully crafted an image of Crazy Old Joe, who says dumb things all the time and can't get his foot out of his mouth, and then put him up against the supposed creme de la creme of their party and he demolished them. So either their image is disproven and he's not a crazy old coot, or their image is correct and their star candidates are somehow even worse.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

vyelkin posted:

It's because they carefully crafted an image of Crazy Old Joe, who says dumb things all the time and can't get his foot out of his mouth, and then put him up against the supposed creme de la creme of their party and he demolished them. So either their image is disproven and he's not a crazy old coot, or their image is correct and their star candidates are somehow even worse.

They so desperately want him to be the liberal version of Dan Quayle.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

For everything else he still hasn't said anything quite as bad as his accidentally really racist thing at the DNC in '08.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

OAquinas posted:

It looks like a mutant from the Lisa RPGs.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Would wear this proudly, just needs a suitable caption.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I need help understanding what's going on here. The carriage is being pulled to the right, alright. In the next frame, the perspective shifts by 180 degrees, so the carriage is going to the left, revealing some person's silhouette, a person who was hidden by the signs in the first panel. Okay. But then there's that limo that appears out of thin air, so maybe my understanding of what the carriage is doing is wrong?

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I need help understanding what's going on here. The carriage is being pulled to the right, alright. In the next frame, the perspective shifts by 180 degrees, so the carriage is going to the left, revealing some person's silhouette, a person who was hidden by the signs in the first panel. Okay. But then there's that limo that appears out of thin air, so maybe my understanding of what the carriage is doing is wrong?

You can see the car approaching from the right in the first panel. The Chinese President is assuming the protests are about him, but they're actually about Osborne's cut's.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

fade5 posted:

Also, to spell it out explicitly in case you're not aware: the Sean Smith who was killed in the Benghazi attack was Vilerat aka the former mod here.
I had forgotten that was Vilerat.

That quote makes a lot more sense now.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

chairface posted:

Would wear this proudly, just needs a suitable caption.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

That would explain why W couldn't accomplish it in seven years.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

How, uh... romantic? I guess?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

"My hot wife, that I totally have, swearsies"

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Part of me wants to hire Chris Muir a prostitute, but the other part of me is worried that she'll end up chopped into pieces at the bottom of a Florida swamp.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Someone send this to Kirchen again.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Hermetic posted:

Did the punchline get drunk and crash on the way to the comic?

If I were going to guess, I'd say he was trying to take a swipe at the "overly sensitive" types who get triggered at the drop of a hat, because only the SJW stereotype that exists in his head would get upset about something as harmless as a lady with a casserole.

But, since he's a loving hack, he doesn't actually get that point across.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
My guess is that it's an extremely dated joke about neighbors bringing you food you don't want?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Whiskey Sours posted:

Part of me wants to hire Chris Muir a prostitute, but the other part of me is worried that she'll end up chopped into pieces at the bottom of a Florida swamp.

It's probably not a fight he'd win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Oh god make it stop

• Locked thread