Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

TUS posted:

I laughed at Gibiatti asking Pete's girlfriend "DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH?"

"Yes"

"HARD PASS"

...and that was about it.

Same. Taco said it all during his bar speech, really. Same poo poo, different week.

Hope they end the series on a strong episode or two because right now it's coasting and it's sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm thinking I'm just gonna let the DVR record all of these and binge through them after the season finale. They've been so bad that I really don't care about keeping up with them at all.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

swickles posted:

Also, I thought the Draft Kings plug this episode was actually funny.

Yeah, last week it felt like an advert and stuck out due to that (no issue with them having to do it for the already given reasons), but this week it was a natural part of the script and it worked. More product integration like that please.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I know that with all of the NFL cameos and Rafi and Taco existing this show is unrealistic at best, but pretending that girls soak the sheets every time sex is had was an unrealistic step too far.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Was that the worst episode in the series or am I forgetting a lovely one back in season 2 or 3?

Now I feel dirty.

adrenaline_junket
May 29, 2005
gotta get a rush!

Propaganda Machine posted:

I know that with all of the NFL cameos and Rafi and Taco existing this show is unrealistic at best, but pretending that girls soak the sheets every time sex is had was an unrealistic step too far.

Well it depends on the girl. I think the unrealistic part is all girls soak sheets rather than one girl will always soak (which in my experience is true with a girl who is excessively wet)

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

adrenaline_junket posted:

Well it depends on the girl. I think the unrealistic part is all girls soak sheets rather than one girl will always soak (which in my experience is true with a girl who is excessively wet)

And by "girl who is excessively wet" he means skipping the dryer cycle when washing his anime pillow.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

moolchaba posted:

Was that the worst episode in the series or am I forgetting a lovely one back in season 2 or 3?

Now I feel dirty.

2 or 3 was the golden era of the show.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I hope they can end the season with Rafi killing kevin, especially if he does another interview about how he's so sorry about being an opportunistic lovely lair but but but.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

moolchaba posted:

I hope they can end the season with Rafi killing kevin, especially if he does another interview about how he's so sorry about being an opportunistic lovely lair but but but.

Who? Oh, Brian?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
VACUUM THAT DIRT!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Okay, that ending was solid.

Also, June Diane Raphael. :allears:

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
I dunno what you guys were talking about, the one that aired this week was the worst episode of the show I've ever seen. I didn't think the whole "Ellie getting bullied and her parents laughing at her/dad bonding with the bully to pump him for material" element was in the least bit funny, nor was the teacher blatantly putting her down at the end of the episode. It was genuinely pretty hosed up and not in the "haha, that's twisted!" kind of way that the show often does so well. Like, is this supposed to be the beginning of some arc where Ellie kills herself or something?

I did crack up when the teacher pulling the little tab in Ellie's book caused Pete's head to come up behind book-Kevin on the "man on man" page, so at least there's that.

One before it was fine; not great, but not terrible. Ruxin pretending to be beard-Jewish was a pretty decent running gag, and I like the setup of tubes tied vs vasectomy as end of season stakes for Kevin/Jenny. Although aren't vasectomies normally waaay more common (less invasive/chance of complication)?

Pompous Rhombus fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Oct 8, 2015

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Pompous Rhombus posted:

I dunno what you guys were talking about, the one that aired this week was the worst episode of the show I've ever seen. I didn't think the whole "Ellie getting bullied and her parents laughing at her/dad bonding with the bully to pump him for material" element was in the least bit funny, nor was the teacher blatantly putting her down at the end of the episode. It was genuinely pretty hosed up and not in the "haha, that's twisted!" kind of way that the show often does so well. Like, is this supposed to be the beginning of some arc where Ellie kills herself or something?

I did crack up when the teacher pulling the little tab in Ellie's book caused Pete's head to come up behind book-Kevin on the "man on man" page, so at least there's that.

One before it was fine; not great, but not terrible. Ruxin pretending to be beard-Jewish was a pretty decent running gag, and I like the setup of tubes tied vs vasectomy as end of season stakes for Kevin/Jenny. Although aren't vasectomies normally waaay more common (less invasive/chance of complication)?

Vascetomies are insanely more common, and like 1000x safer and easier to do. They can reverse themselves accidentally though, whereas "tubes tied" is basically sterilization.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Taco is just the worst character on this show now and as I predicted seasons ago the EBDB poo poo just got ran into the ground and further ruined the show's momentum. I wish somebody went into the writer's room and told them that nobody found it as funny as whichever assholes pushed for it the hardest in the scripting process.

Kevin's poo poo talking on the message board was easily the best from him since his Christmas breakdown in season 2.

Honestly, the scenes are feeling like separate writers are writing them like SNL rejected sketches and the're just cut and pasting them altogether, knowing the cast's improv performances can make anything work. Sadly, this is glaringly hit or miss.

Ellie's teacher informing Kevin/Jenny that their kid is NOT exceptional and has a dark energy behinf her eyes was some of the best poo poo in the show but it was overshadowed by the great pop up book joke.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
That was a 50/50 episode. Ellie beating down Andre, the teacher's frank discussion of her personality, and the pop up book were top notch. I'll even accept Brian going on and on about the various styles of chodes Pete juggles.

The rest? Eh.

Taco has suffered the worst since the show's get go. He's got the most Joeyficiation going on here - as time goes on people come to expect the characters to act in certain ways so the writers take one attribute and ramp it up to 11, then 15. Characters like Joey on Friends get stupider, and Taco's the worst offender for this in recent history. Early Taco was funny oblivious and callous, but even discounting the EBDB stuff he's just not working.

Though, I guess to counter point that, I got a chuckle out of his self-drawn masturbatory aids, so there's some golden lining in there.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

EBDB ran on about 3 seasons too long. The concept of "eskimo brothers" was pretty funny when it first came up but at some point they decided that was the quintessential sex term they made up and like every single episode has some mention of it

wizardstick
Apr 27, 2013
Nobody else pointed out that Ellie's teacher was the psych ward nurse from 'When Rafi Met Randi'?

Hence the joke about her previous job.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

wizardstick posted:

Nobody else pointed out that Ellie's teacher was the psych ward nurse from 'When Rafi Met Randi'?

Hence the joke about her previous job.

People mentioned it, but it was also pretty obvious.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
The artwork has really been the only funny thing this season.

adrenaline_junket
May 29, 2005
gotta get a rush!
I'm really disappointed with this season. Here I was hoping that they'd go all out like 30 rock did! Instead they've just turned out a whole bunch of jokes that should have been left on the cutting room floor. No doubt where they were found after season 3 ended.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Yep. This DraftKings season is just not DraftKings as good as any previous DraftKings.

DraftKings.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

swickles posted:

People mentioned it, but it was also pretty obvious.

Honestly, with her being married to Paul Scheer I'm surprised she hasn't shown up more often.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

The pop-up book was hilarious and the line "I've seen 2 criminally insane people juggle chodes" were the only funny parts :smith: I'm kind of scared to go back to previous seasons now, they can't have possibly been this bad

crazycarl
Jun 13, 2001

Welcome to TB Diddlers in Mokena.

Where the special is always Dr Rassmusin's Hot Beef Injection and you can play "Whers my Manometer" with other diners
YOBAGOYA!!!!

crazycarl
Jun 13, 2001

Welcome to TB Diddlers in Mokena.

Where the special is always Dr Rassmusin's Hot Beef Injection and you can play "Whers my Manometer" with other diners
Welcome to Poo Corner. HAHAHA

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
I liked this episode, idk

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

fariz posted:

I liked this episode, idk

no ebdb and draft kings so that automatically makes it good

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

The Duke posted:

EBDB ran on about 3 seasons too long. The concept of "eskimo brothers" was pretty funny when it first came up but at some point they decided that was the quintessential sex term they made up and like every single episode has some mention of it

The League didn't invent the concept of "eskimo brothers." I heard it mentioned in one of the early seasons of Scrubs maybe ten years ago. That makes the joke even more grating.

That being said, I loved this most recent episode.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I was always partial to "tunnel buddies" myself.

adrenaline_junket
May 29, 2005
gotta get a rush!
This episode was an improvement on the current run of episodes thats for sure.

One of the best lines was Megan whispering to Jenny "I love your skin. I want to wear it" as she was leaving.

Taco was also a much better character as the washed up Bosnian Olympic coach.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

moolchaba posted:

Yep. This DraftKings season is just not DraftKings as good as any previous DraftKings.

OK, the introduction of this was pretty poorly handled so I can understand people railing on it, but the reference to it a couple of episodes ago was perfectly fine.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
"rrrr, you're so cute I wanna wear your skin!"

"Pancakes for breakfast? ... chocolate chip?" from Ruxin was also priceless.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
That was a not-so-bad episode.

The writers exhausted the funny in season 6.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They better keep Meegan around for Andre. She was actually pretty funny in the couple of scenes she had.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I hope they kill everybody in a gas leak. Not Ruxin though. That'd be a little TOO far.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Here's some kern. Episode started off bad but picked up and was pretty good. The farm parts could have used rafi.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Oct 22, 2015

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?
Watching this season the only thing I can think of is season 9 of scrubs, it doesn't deserve to be called the last season. I hope they have something great on deck for the last few episodes.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

6-year plan man posted:

Watching this season the only thing I can think of is season 9 of scrubs, it doesn't deserve to be called the last season. I hope they have something great on deck for the last few episodes.

I don't think anyone knew that Kevin was going to be outed as a 9/11 liar and thus made him the focal point of the season.

But seriously, gently caress him, guy spent 10 years tell the same story unprompted and finally got caught on it and pulled a sob-story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
To be fair, this episode did a great job of making him look like a gigantic d-bag.

• Locked thread