Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
News now being read by a lady who I have yet to notice mispronouncing anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
She recycles worse than Leo though, I am certain I heard the same story in the first and second news break last night.

Leo also wasn't too concerned with accuracy. There was something that happened near to where I am back in February involving a frozen lake that he reported on in August as happening "last week".

vez veces
Dec 15, 2006

The engineer blew the whistle,
and the fireman rung the bell.
She probably just had the weekend to throw something together. I'll put up with Trevor Noah's new-guy jitters, I guess this is okay too for 5 minutes a night.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Empire State posted:

She probably just had the weekend to throw something together. I'll put up with Trevor Noah's new-guy jitters, I guess this is okay too for 5 minutes a night.

Yeah, it's not like it's going to kill the audience to listen for a few minutes.. And people do improve over time.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!
I can only really listen on Mon., Thurs., & Fri. and I've heard Leo recycle almost everything after the first six weeks (hence Aug. being last week). Don't know if it's because of a lack of weird news that one could put a light-hearted spin on or laziness.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

How about just Hoagland do the news, let him ramble on about something, then just cut him off as the show resumes.

Curly Shuffle
May 31, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Kevin Mitnick: Do you know about Tor, George?
Art Bell: Don't cuss at me! I'm Art, and I know what Tor is.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Curly Shuffle posted:

well i guess i'm checking out tonight's show

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Curly Shuffle posted:

Oh drat, I missed this one and I'm not a subscriber.

Bitchkrieg
Mar 10, 2014

Curly Shuffle posted:

Mitnick is an insufferable neckbeard but this is beautiful.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bitchkrieg posted:

Mitnick is an insufferable neckbeard but this is beautiful.

I assume Mitnick is like peak sperg too?

Bitchkrieg
Mar 10, 2014

gfanikf posted:

I assume Mitnick is like peak sperg too?

I read his book, Ghost in the Wires, about his pre-penitentiary adventures. A lot of it was fascinating, but he also punctuates recollections with "...and then I had intercourse with a female :smuggo:" type remarks. A lot of his high-school-need-shoved-into-lockers victim fantasies shine through.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
This lady in Japan calls like every show

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
the dude on whatever show is on right now is talking about how he knows people who have been to mars and i think he's saying michelle obama is actually a robot? i can't follow a word of this, it's purestrain fuckin crazy. i love it.

edit here's the description of his new book from amazon

quote:

A tour through the new science of the Omniverse, its spiritual and physical dimensions, and its incalculable intelligent civilizations

• Reveals the key travel and communication technologies of the Omniverse: time travel, teleportation, and telepathy

• Unveils newly disclosed state secrets about these technologies, about the findings of the NASA Mars rover missions, and about a secret colony and life on Mars

• Explains through science how souls are holographic fragments of God and how they help create planets, solar systems, galaxies, and universes in the multiverse

We are all citizens of the Omniverse, the overarching matrix of energy, spirit, and intelligence that encompasses all that exists: all universes within the multiverse as well as the spiritual dimensions centered on the divine Source that many call God.

In this scientific guide to the Omniverse, Alfred Lambremont Webre reveals startling replicable evidence about extraterrestrial and extra-universal life, the intelligent civilizations created by souls in the afterlife, top-secret alien technology, and the existence of a secret base as well as life on Mars. The author explains how our souls are holographic fragments of God/Source and how souls and Source are co-creating planets and galaxies as virtual realities for soul development. He addresses Grey alien control over soul reincarnation and also sheds light on the presence of invisible hyperdimensional controllers known as the Archons, who feed off negative energy.

Revealing the key technologies of the Omniverse, the author explains how hyperdimensional civilizations communicate telepathically, teleport interdimensionally, and travel through time. He unveils newly disclosed state secrets about government possession of these technologies, the findings of the NASA Mars rover missions, and the secret Mars colony whose permanent security personnel is age-reversed and shot back through time to their specific space-time origin points--with their memories blocked.

Integrating science and spirituality, this map of the dimensions of the Omniverse sounds the call for scientific inquiry into the holographic origins of the soul, the potential of time travel, and our role as divine co-creators with Source.

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
Maybe it's just my imagination but it sounds like the guy who had the bridge-burning parting of ways with Art is back doing the weird news segment.

People Stew
Dec 5, 2003

kindermord posted:

Maybe it's just my imagination but it sounds like the guy who had the bridge-burning parting of ways with Art is back doing the weird news segment.

I think tonight's show is a rerun since he was having technical issues with the feed.

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

Prickly Pete posted:

I think tonight's show is a rerun since he was having technical issues with the feed.

Ah ok that makes sense. I only listen once or twice a week so a rerun could get past me pretty easily.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Prickly Pete posted:

yeah thats what he wants you to believe. The Hubrids got him

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

This is the third or fourth? missed show due to internet issues? You'd think they'd have some kind of business class "99% uptime" service or something.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Need to invest in some c crane tech.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Got this gem from Facebook.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Somebody please post the BIG NEWS Art is going to announce tonight.

Curly Shuffle
May 31, 2001

Toilet Rascal
He's currently putting the show on hold as he stalks around his property with a shotgun.

edit: he's back.

Shots were fired near his house.

Curly Shuffle fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Oct 22, 2015

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Wow! Excitement! How long was Art gone? Was he playing music while he was out hunting BIgfoot? :D

Curly Shuffle
May 31, 2001

Toilet Rascal
He put on (Don't Fear) The Reaper.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Curly Shuffle posted:

He's currently putting the show on hold as he stalks around his property with a shotgun.

edit: he's back.

Shots were fired near his house.

please tell me you're not joking

Curly Shuffle
May 31, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I'm actually not sure about the kind of guns Art has.

But yeah, Art said there were a bunch of shots fired near his house, and he stepped away from the show twice to check on things.

The cops are there now, and the wife and kid are hunkered down.

Curly Shuffle
May 31, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Caller: I hope you've got a hand cannon and it's pointed at the door.
Art: Oh, I do. I've got a round chambered.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Curly Shuffle posted:

Caller: I hope you've got a hand cannon and it's pointed at the door.
Art: Oh, I do. I've got a round chambered.

We're going to hear him shoot himself in the foot one day.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Or accidentally shoot a family member. :(

Art, you need some yard sensors with lights and alarms! Does Crane sell those?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Inveigle posted:

They don't, but I imagine someone in Art's circle can recommend something.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Internet down for over 24 hours, shots fired outside Art Bell's studio last night and now artbell.com is down :tinfoil:

Curly Shuffle
May 31, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Inveigle posted:

Art did say one of his yard sensors was triggered.

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

No home should be without one.
Update from Art on Facebook:

"Ok, the Police just left for the second time and the Girls are asleep so here is what I can tell you, about 10:33 PT I got a text from my close Neighbor saying he had heard 4 or five fast shots that seemed near my Studio, he thought they were from the street behind the house but did not see anything, then a moment later another Neighbor Lady texted me that she heard the shots and saw a car in the dead end lane in front of my Studio fire 4 or 5 rifle shots at or near the house and take off in a mid size car. We will check for bullet holes in the daylight. The girls turned off all lights and hugged the floor. We are all ok but a bit freaked out. We have video camera's but not recorded, that will change. Sorry for the scare but it was worse on this end.

Art"

https://www.facebook.com/art.bell.716/posts/891981834183270

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

RetroHelix posted:

Update from Art on Facebook:

"Ok, the Police just left for the second time and the Girls are asleep so here is what I can tell you, about 10:33 PT I got a text from my close Neighbor saying he had heard 4 or five fast shots that seemed near my Studio, he thought they were from the street behind the house but did not see anything, then a moment later another Neighbor Lady texted me that she heard the shots and saw a car in the dead end lane in front of my Studio fire 4 or 5 rifle shots at or near the house and take off in a mid size car. We will check for bullet holes in the daylight. The girls turned off all lights and hugged the floor. We are all ok but a bit freaked out. We have video camera's but not recorded, that will change. Sorry for the scare but it was worse on this end.

Art"

https://www.facebook.com/art.bell.716/posts/891981834183270

I wouldn't worry, Art. It's clearly someone who is channeling their anger at anybody in their path.

Edit: oddly enough, this prompted me to look for some quality desktop speakers, given how Art is always on about quality audio.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Oct 22, 2015

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Edit: oddly enough, this prompted me to look for some quality desktop speakers, given how Art is always on about quality audio.

I find the good audio quality jarring, so I listen on the tiny mono speaker on my smartphone.

That doesn't even go far enough for a co-worker, he downloads podcasts then runs them through a filter in Audition to make it sound like AM radio.

Art Bell is best experienced low-fi, it really adds something to the whole experience to have the show crackling though a crappy speaker.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Antifreeze Head posted:

I find the good audio quality jarring, so I listen on the tiny mono speaker on my smartphone.

That doesn't even go far enough for a co-worker, he downloads podcasts then runs them through a filter in Audition to make it sound like AM radio.

Art Bell is best experienced low-fi, it really adds something to the whole experience to have the show crackling though a crappy speaker.

The bigger irony is that while audio quality is great....uptime ability...not so much.

People Stew
Dec 5, 2003

Antifreeze Head posted:

If you want to listen to the creepiest sounding way possible, shortwave is the way to go.

If you don't have your own shortwave receiver, you can tune in via a web-controlled receiver here or here
You should be able to tune into the show at 5,085 khz, and depending on reception you can use the AM or AM-nrw band filter.

You'll get all of the weird fading in and out atmospheric interference and background noise you could ever want. Absolutely essential for the Halloween show.

It's also fun to just mess around with those radios and see what other weird stuff you can find.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Prickly Pete posted:

If you want to listen to the creepiest sounding way possible, shortwave is the way to go.

If you don't have your own shortwave receiver, you can tune in via a web-controlled receiver here or here
You should be able to tune into the show at 5,085 khz, and depending on reception you can use the AM or AM-nrw band filter.

You'll get all of the weird fading in and out atmospheric interference and background noise you could ever want. Absolutely essential for the Halloween show.

It's also fun to just mess around with those radios and see what other weird stuff you can find.

Oh cool, thanks! I'm going to listen to this tonight and see how it goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

People Stew
Dec 5, 2003

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Oh cool, thanks! I'm going to listen to this tonight and see how it goes.

I listened to him on shortwave a few weeks ago and it was great. And then I stayed up for another hour or two randomly tuning around and listening to crazy religious broadcasts from who knows where. Shortwave is awesome.

• Locked thread