Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Wow this is so so bad. Completely unbelievable, terrible "witty" writing style, complete lack of understanding of the world.

10/10 good find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Fathis Munk posted:

Wow this is so so bad. Completely unbelievable, terrible "witty" writing style, complete lack of understanding of the world.

10/10 good find.

Pretty much anything on the front page of R/talesfromretail works great for this thread.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Positronbob posted:

It's better than the rest of queensland. I guess?

Being better than the rest of Queensland is like being the tallest midget, it doesn't really mean anything.

Coleridge49
May 8, 2007
As a Brisbane resident I wholeheartedly say, gently caress BRISBANE!

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

this is one of the sadder stids in terms of it's not even funny if you wanted it to be

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Coleridge49 posted:

As a Brisbane resident I wholeheartedly say, gently caress BRISBANE!

Can confirm.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Please don't gently caress Brisbane. You might catch something.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
You guys suck :butt:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Na'at posted:

How did the AUG thread get gassed but this one is still going strong after the previous 900 pages of "ZOMG Albert Einstein Lol guys"

God, I love the sandcastle-kicking that closing those threads has inspired.

WAAAAH YOU CLOSED THOSE THREADS I LIKED THESE ONES ARE BAD CLOSE THESE TOO

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

Wow, that's have to be the single most boring and pointless story I've read so far. At least with the others you can smirk at the stupidity, this one? It's just nothing.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Dad(Angrily): I am not buying a new car. Maybe you can ask your mom to do that. Oh wait, she would rather spend her money on a vacation to Italy and NOT take her daughter!

It's really immature for a divorced parent to try and drive a wedge between their child and their ex. Children of divorce already experience enough turmoil, they shouldn't have to be forced to choose sides. The ex is a co-parent to your child and you should not try to compete for your child's love with them. Hell, your kid will probably try to turn the competition in her favor by encouraging you and your ex to bribe her with gifts and privileges (which is exactly what the Spoiled Brat is doing)! I hope that Imaginary Dad will read these tips for divorcing parents.

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

God, I love the sandcastle-kicking that closing those threads has inspired.

WAAAAH YOU CLOSED THOSE THREADS I LIKED THESE ONES ARE BAD CLOSE THESE TOO

Just asked a question. But go ahead and fill in the deets you want you god fearing, ACLU professor punching Marine you :)

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Pththya-lyi posted:

It's really immature for a divorced parent to try and drive a wedge between their child and their ex. Children of divorce already experience enough turmoil, they shouldn't have to be forced to choose sides. The ex is a co-parent to your child and you should not try to compete for your child's love with them. Hell, your kid will probably try to turn the competition in her favor by encouraging you and your ex to bribe her with gifts and privileges (which is exactly what the Spoiled Brat is doing)! I hope that Imaginary Dad will read these tips for divorcing parents.

In STDH land all dads are selfless gods and all moms are shrill harpies so this is really par for the course.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Na'at posted:

Just asked a question. But go ahead and fill in the deets you want you god fearing, ACLU professor punching Marine you :)

"Actually," I said, without missing a beat, "he was an atheist, too."

You and I have been married for sixteen years next month :glomp:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Wait, I thought you and I were married after that time I worked at the restaurant and explained to the stupid customer they can't get a cake well done!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I was the best man, luckily I had my tardis ring tone for when you guys walked down the aisle.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
The memetic responses have gotten really tiresome but I guess they're still funny to the people who keep posting them so who am I to judge :shobon:

Here, have a really mad, crazy "women" who throws a container

quote:

Pet Hate
PET STORE | AZ, USA | CRAZY REQUESTS, PETS & ANIMALS
(I work in a local branch of a pet supply store, and one day at the end of my shift a women comes in, and slams her purse down on the counter.)

Customer: “You don’t have [Product]! This is unacceptable!”

Coworker: “I’m sorry, ma’am. Unfortunately that’s due to the supplier and—”

Customer: “If they die I’m blaming you!”

Coworker: “You would certainly be able to find some at [Other Pet Store, not too far away].”

Customer: “I don’t want to go to f****** [Other Pet Store]! I’m going to sue you!” *throws her empty container at my coworker, then storms out*

Coworker: “Well. First customer of the day. It’s gonna be a good one…”

Me: “Here, have some candy.”

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Samizdata posted:

Wait, I thought you and I were married after that time I worked at the restaurant and explained to the stupid customer they can't get a cake well done!

It didn't work out, but that's OK. You both had a rational discussion and decided to part on good terms. In fact you're still besties and call each other every night. It's a good thing your current partners are such good people and support your friendship.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

A Classy Ghost
Jul 21, 2003

this wine has a fantastic booquet

sweeperbravo posted:

One day at the end of my shift there was the first customer of the day

I mean really

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

hmm yes every woman would react that way upon seeing a colleague's rear end and dick on their screen, sounds about right. it's not like he would have made this poo poo up because he's into cfnm with pretty milfs 45 and/or 30+ brunettes or anything....... gosh how humiliating!!

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

A Classy Ghost posted:

I mean really

End of her shift, start of the co-worker's I guess.

Still :happened:

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

TIFU is largely comically made-up stories, much like greentext. I guarantee you the writer didn't expect anyone to believe this.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
WTF

quote:

Teacher The Terrible
HIGH SCHOOL | PA, USA | BIZARRE/SILLY, TEACHERS
(Our geometry teacher is known for tolerating some behavior that would normally get students sent to the office, and for getting angry over things most teachers would tolerate.)

Teacher: “[Student #1], everything you do is wonderful.”

Student #2: “While everything YOU do is terrible.”

(The class goes quiet. No one is ever sure how our teacher will react.)

Student #3: *whispering* “You do know he grades your papers?”

Teacher: *menacingly to Student #2* “I hope your dog pees on your bed tonight.”

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Noyemi K posted:

TIFU is largely comically made-up stories, much like greentext. I guarantee you the writer didn't expect anyone to believe this.

What's the point? It's not like that story is overly hilarious or anything approaching funny, even written as a joke. Just people trying to up their writing skills?

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Joey Freshwater posted:

What's the point?

:shrug: beats me. I'm sure originally it was to share stories of massive fuckups but turned into greentext over time.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Noyemi K posted:

:shrug: beats me. I'm sure originally it was to share stories of massive fuckups but turned into greentext over time.

When the sub started it wasn't even massive gently caress ups. It was just Today I hosed Up. Basically, someone made a mistake or social gaffe and suffered mostly minor consequences. There were a lot of stories that ended with "My girlfriend/wife/family/boss is mad at me now". Every now and then there'd be a break-up or getting fired. They were mostly short believable "I need to get this off my chest".

As it got more popular, the stories got more titillating since they got more views. Over time it turned into STDH: Reddit. It's been that way for years now.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Didn't this actually happen? I mean they even identified the other kid in the story and spoke to him.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/mom-s-thank-you-letter-to-stranger-who-taught-her-daughter-to-skateboard-goes-viral-1.3282915

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Noyemi K posted:

I don't know... I have dredged through TIFU comments a few times and came away with the impression Redditors are by and large a gullible lot.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

subpar anachronism posted:

Didn't this actually happen? I mean they even identified the other kid in the story and spoke to him.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/mom-s-thank-you-letter-to-stranger-who-taught-her-daughter-to-skateboard-goes-viral-1.3282915

That's a nice story :kimchi:

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Wizard of Smart posted:

That's a nice story :kimchi:

It is. What I don't get is why news reporting now covers retarded pointless stories like this.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Human interest. People get tired of hearing nothing but the worst poo poo in the news.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Goatfather posted:

I was drinking with a buddy of mine at this dive bar on the other side of the city in a bad part of town and a couple of the regulars kept talking about the “sex maze” next door. I had never heard of anything like that before- so I asked. Apparently next door was this gay cruising club that took the form of a big maze. Even weirder: The club paid guys to dress up as a “sex minotaurs” and chase dudes around the maze. They kept joking that if you got caught you had to suck the minotaur's dick. When I heard all this my jaw dropped, it was the most insane thing I've ever heard and I am into some weird sex poo poo.

We kept joking about it over the course of the night and the riffing eventually turned into talking about going in there. Once we got sufficiently drunk, it was decided. We went in. The lobby was really nondescript, but had a drab and kind of sinister quality to it. It looked like the waiting room for a doctor's office except there were no magazines and it looked it hadn't been cleaned in ages. There were even dim florescent lights overhead. There was a guy behind bulletproof glass to the side and straight ahead was a normal looking door with an electronic lock that we guessed was the entrance.

We stumbled up to the counter and asked the guy how much to get in. He said because it was our first time it was free, but we had to sign some forms first. We were shocked that it was free, but also kind of happy that we didn't have to pay to get in since we were just doing this for the story. The forms looked like typical “don't sue us” bullshit and we signed pretty quickly. I had no idea what I was getting into when I signed those forms.

The guy wasn't enthused with two giddy drunk straight guys trying to get into his “SECRET GAY MAZE.” He didn't seem annoyed exactly... just vacant. It was weird.

When we finished signing he took the forms, looked them over and hit a button and we heard the door lock unclick. We took his silence as consent to go in.

The first thing we noticed was how dark it was. It wasn't pitch black, but the only lighting was by way of a streak of glow in the dark red smears along the walls of the maze. The second thing we noticed was the screaming. It was loud, terrifying, and it never stopped. We immediately tried to go back but the door was locked. Then we heard the wail of the minotaur. It was a beastly thing. Definitely not something that could be made by a human being. What had previously been a joke was now very real and terrifying. Whatever we were involved with was more hosed up than we had imaged. We decided we needed to find a way out of the maze and fast. Every minute or so we heard the minotaur's cries getting closer. We kept running until we hit a dead end.

We felt the minotaur before we heard him. We saw the dim outline of a huge, muscular naked man with the head of a bull as he approached us. We were scared out of our minds. He got close enough that we felt and heard his heavy animal breathing. We were able to make out that the bull head was just a cartoonish mask, which was even scarier. The only thing he had to do was make a gesture and we knew exactly what he wanted. We were going to have to suck his dick.

And we did. It was terrifying. The screaming never stopped. When we finished he just grunted and walked away. We eventually found our way out of the maze and immediately called the cops. It turned out that the entire experience was planned out from the beginning and we agreed to it when we signed the forms. It's a way for super kinky gay men to pay for some kind of horrific sexual experience. The part where we sucked his dick was actually supposed to be the “climax” of the experience.

It was traumatic for a while but we eventually decided it wasn't as big of a deal as we thought. We were looking for a story after all, it just turned out to be way crazier than we thought.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
If "stupid gimmicky anonymous sex act" is what this dude finds "insane" then he's totally not into weird sex poo poo.

Unless he thinks that they somehow believe in the minotaur angle and that's what's getting people off, instead of just being window dressing for a free beej????????

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

The guy behind the counter was the Minotaur clearly.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
That sounds loving awesome. If there were a lady version of it where you get chased around a maze by hot babes dressed as minotaurs and if you get caught you have to eat her out, I'd be all up for that.

I do like all these "Okay we're really really straight but we're going to do this really gay thing JUST FOR THE STORY, we're not ACTUALLY doing this to suck a guy's dick or anything, because we're not ACTUALLY gay, it's just so we can tell all our cool STRAIGHT friends about the crazy poo poo we did because we're ACTUALLY STRAIGHT and NOT GAY" stories.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

That reminds me of the story, I think it might have been non-joke greentext, where the guy said more or less: "So one time I went to Thailand to visit friends and I was like okay whatever so of course just to get a bit of the culture I went into this giant brothel and before you know it WHOOPS I was paying money to have sex with three preteen children." He was trying to make it sound like the most natural thing in the world and of course he didn't enjoy it, but he'd already paid upfront so, yknow...gotta get your money's worth.

It was one of the more disgusting things I've read. Might have been in the dearly departed AUG thread, I don't remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
They don't want to admit that they're really furries.

• Locked thread