Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
I need AAma friends for my LMeta. Someday I will have my own AAma (maybe, if I whale hard enough). Send me your invites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Does the 2.5x skill up event work on baby tamas? Since they are already 40% a 2.5x rate would make them 100%. That and the exp would make it worth throwing a couple of stones at today's dungeon, I think.

Also, is the Tengu from Yamato Rush guaranteed? Or was that the previous poster being facetious? I'd drop 99 sta on it for a guaranteed tengu, but otherwise. Meh.

e: No Angel Cinnamon skill up's in the Orb Changer PAL? Bah. Also, LOL that you can get Beserk and Highlander from the PAL machine. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Murgos posted:

Does the 2.5x skill up event work on baby tamas? Since they are already 40% a 2.5x rate would make them 100%. That and the exp would make it worth throwing a couple of stones at today's dungeon, I think.

I'm guessing not, since I know I've had failed babby tamas during 2.5x events.

EDIT: I'm pretty amped Poring tower came back so fast, both my accounts pulled chibi-valks out of the summer REM that need to be skilled up. 2.5x bonus at the same time helps too. My alt just farmed up a highlander/beserk/big valk and a light/dark golem. Hoping to max skill them all. Also my main needs to finish Verche and my alt still needs a few Firons for his DQ/XQ. I really want both my accounts to be able to run Athena+valk/Verche/Fuma/???+Valk for no-dupe coin dungeon farming. Not sure what to throw in that fourth slot, but with four 5-turn changers on a 9x team with Athena+valk I'm not sure it matters.

TheQuietWilds fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Oct 22, 2015

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Murgos posted:

Also, is the Tengu from Yamato Rush guaranteed? Or was that the previous poster being facetious? I'd drop 99 sta on it for a guaranteed tengu, but otherwise. Meh.

Nnnnnope. It has only a 50% chance to spawn on F1, and isn't guaranteed to drop if it does, and you still have to deal with the rest of Yamato Rush.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I cant remember how I loving cleared Zeus Vulcan. I've wasted like 250 stamina on it at this point. I just want a pii :smith:

In other news I awoke my 5th card last night! Ceres has now joined Bastet, Horus, Isis, and Minerva. Next up are Susano and Anubis, even though I'll literally never use Anubis.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

I kind of maybe want to make AAmaterasu but it's too hard to let go of a nearly max-skilled Attackerasu

Wish I had a Shiva, LKali, or Yomi too :saddowns: Parvati/Bastet/LuBeelz are getting kind of dull.

OH YEAH and I made my second hypermax yesterday, about a year too late-Athena finally got that last skill up!

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy
Ugh, I need a Kaguya Hime so I can evolve Amaterasu and her dungeon isn't around this event. Guess it's Yamato challenge time when that comes up. That, or just work on leveling the stuff for the team and throw it together in a few weeks if we get kaguya hime regularly. What I wish is that we could get descend carnival. Maybe that'll be coming soon, since it seems US is starting to catch up on JP. May even focus on US a bit more now and take a break from playing the JP account.

What teams are y'all using with Awoken Ama? I'm leaning towards AAma/Chibivalk/ChibiValk/LKali/Arcline, mainly because I don't have a DQXQ on the US account somehow despite all the whaling previously.

MrMoose fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Oct 22, 2015

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

loving finally these two have entered my box after some Thursday runs.

To make this team.

Huzzah!

Some sacrifices had to be made though.

I've got 5 more Ronias so If she ever becomes really good again I can just build another. Still that Ronia got me through my early/mid game :(.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Drakes posted:

Oh and how rare are tamadras? Can I get away with feeding those guys away loosely?

It's no longer 2013/early 2014 when you prayed for a tamadra in the various dragon invasion dungeons. Tamadras drop like raindrops and there are many, MANY ways to get them. Plus, every other event hands them out during the daily mailings*. Which sucks because I want more stones!

Zo posted:

Yeah but it's really funny. Like we know it's terrible advice but i don't care enough to argue about changing it.
Look, I'm the second biggest Isis supporter around aside from Haskell who heart-breakingly max skilled (non-A)Isis with ~150(?) ArcAngelings and Angel#whatevers, and even I have to admit Isis isn't top tier beginner.
The true top tier beginner leader is Anubis. No one should ever not roll him, best newbie leader ever.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Battle Pigeon posted:

I kind of maybe want to make AAmaterasu but it's too hard to let go of a nearly max-skilled Attackerasu

Do it, AAma is borderline immortal in most dungeons

Paul Zuvella posted:

I cant remember how I loving cleared Zeus Vulcan. I've wasted like 250 stamina on it at this point. I just want a pii :smith:

I've been banging my head against this one too. I've tried pretty much all my teams:

AHorus+LKali/DKali/Valk/SQ+AHorus/LKali/ARa = can't get past stage two's fire absorb
LMeta+Valk/valk/DQ/SQ+AAma = closest I've gotten, died on Ares due to not having SQ up when I broke through 50% accidentally
LuBu+Ronia/Hanzo/Vamp/??? = tried Lilith, DDHaku & SB for ??? spot, no luck with any of them. I'm about to awaken Bastet, so that Woodpy would be really useful. I think I could have pulled it off with a max skilled DJ like some guy did on Youtube with a Beelz team, but I haven't bothered to make a DJ or skill it up.

TheQuietWilds fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Oct 22, 2015

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
I did a thing today.

That's my first rush cleared. It's like I'm actually doing end-game content (not really).

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
When was the last Ronia skillup rotation?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

MrMoose posted:

Ugh, I need a Kaguya Hime so I can evolve Amaterasu and her dungeon isn't around this event. Guess it's Yamato challenge time when that comes up. That, or just work on leveling the stuff for the team and throw it together in a few weeks if we get kaguya hime regularly.

What I wish is that we could get descend carnival. Maybe that'll be coming soon, since it seems US is starting to catch up on JP. May even focus on US a bit more now and take a break from playing the JP account.

Kaguya was up yesterday on NA.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Postal Parcel posted:

Look, I'm the second biggest Isis supporter around aside from Haskell who heart-breakingly max skilled (non-A)Isis with ~150(?) ArcAngelings and Angel#whatevers, and even I have to admit Isis isn't top tier beginner.
The true top tier beginner leader is Anubis. No one should ever not roll him, best newbie leader ever.

I started out with Loki on recommendation from this very thread only 266 days ago. Lol if you cant handle making a whole 4 combos with Bastet starting out.

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy

FrickenMoron posted:

Kaguya was up yesterday on NA.

Well poo poo. I'll probably just wait and catch it next event then, since I still need to spend some time leveling and awakening the team itself.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I'm thinking I could beat Zhou Yun with Awoken Leilan or Awoken Ceres, does anyone have one of those they could put up for me?

368, 571, 260

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

What are the AAA+ subs for AAmaterasu? She looks like a drat fine leader and I have the pieces to awaken her but I'm not sure I have the team to warrant the effort.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I had to do a double-take when I looked up Grisar's pdx page. I thought it said Psychopimp of Oblivion. Now I wish it really was his title.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Mischalaniouse posted:

I'm thinking I could beat Zhou Yun with Awoken Leilan or Awoken Ceres, does anyone have one of those they could put up for me?

368, 571, 260

I put my Awoken Leilan up and I should already be on your list. Good luck!

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What are the AAA+ subs for AAmaterasu? She looks like a drat fine leader and I have the pieces to awaken her but I'm not sure I have the team to warrant the effort.

chibi valk, DQ, Awoken Venus, Sandalphon are all good subs for A.Ama.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
Hurray. Got the dragonfruit I needed for finishing my first Awoken. Awoken Kagu! Then I went and tried Beelzebub Descended and 0 stoned it. I almost didn't, but I remembered that he had the full board poison attack and saved my Urd for that. Today has been a good day.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer

The Jumpoff posted:

chibi valk, DQ, Awoken Venus, Sandalphon are all good subs for A.Ama.

Why chibi valk over regular valk?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Randy Mythbuster posted:

Much better awakenings.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Unless you have a metric shitload of rcv and hp eggs for her team dont bother. She's great but requires a lot of investment to become so.

For burst you want Venus and musical rear end in a top hat, Sandalphon. Plus a couple of orb changers (mini rose being the best).

She's, eh, weird to play. Connect three while chipping away and hoarding light orbs and hearts, orb change, destroy, repeat.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Randy Mythbuster posted:

Chibi valk's awakening are way way better.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Some combination of A Venus/LZL/DQXQ/God Valk/Sandalphon/Chibi Valk will get you through most descends I imagine. After that it starts to depend on if you want to do rows or prongs.

God Valk, A Venus + Sandalphon gets you 5 row enhances, +light orbs, 2x damage and damage reduction (albeit on a long timer) with a 5 turn orb maker. It's pretty solid and leaves you a free slot for extra orb changing or utility.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Murgos posted:

Some combination of A Venus/LZL/DQXQ/God Valk/Sandalphon/Chibi Valk will get you through most descends I imagine. After that it starts to depend on if you want to do rows or prongs.

God Valk, A Venus + Sandalphon gets you 5 row enhances, +light orbs, 2x damage and damage reduction (albeit on a long timer) with a 5 turn orb maker. It's pretty solid and leaves you a free slot for extra orb changing or utility.

God Valk doesn't get a row.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
In God of Judgement, is there a way to deal with Hurricane Volcano Dragon's red absorb with LKali? I keep dying on that level because the last damage is red, of course, so he always gets away with some life at the end :\

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

TheQuietWilds posted:

I really want both my accounts to be able to run Athena+valk/Verche/Fuma/???+Valk for no-dupe coin dungeon farming. Not sure what to throw in that fourth slot, but with four 5-turn changers on a 9x team with Athena+valk I'm not sure it matters.

It really doesn't matter. I run Valk/Verche/Apollo/Apocalypse/Sun Wukong. I've even used Kirin before I got all my orb changers.

Fuma's not a god, if that matters to you. I'd see if you can get some skill boosts in there so you can't get screwed on floor 1. So far you've only got 3 from valk, Athena and Fuma.

Battle Pigeon posted:

How often do you use Attackerasu? Do you use her as a leader? Is she key on any teams and if so can you sub anything else?

I use her all the time on my alt and she's got a bunch of skill ups. She lives on my Shiva team. I had a spare Amaterasu though so I can keep both.

I only have one Amaterasu on my main and I hardly use Attackerasu at all. I've used her red team bind clears but I'll have an Ame to pick up that slack when we get her new evo. I never could get her to work as a leader. I've used her to cover red on a Kirin team but I've got an LKali now. I've got plenty of bind immune stuff. Awoken Amaterasu will still be able to clear binds, 4 turns instead of all of them but I don't think that's going to make a big deal. If Awoken Amaterasu is leader then you've got 8 turns of bind clear right there. I also haven't gotten a single skill up so that makes it easier to switch. I haven't done it yet since I didn't pick up Kaguya-Hime yesterday, too busy making Yomi.

MrMoose posted:

What teams are y'all using with Awoken Ama? I'm leaning towards AAma/Chibivalk/ChibiValk/LKali/Arcline, mainly because I don't have a DQXQ on the US account somehow despite all the whaling previously.

DQ, Valk, Sun Quan, Mini LMeta for filler. I think I'm going to make another Valk.

Jinnigan posted:

In God of Judgement, is there a way to deal with Hurricane Volcano Dragon's red absorb with LKali? I keep dying on that level because the last damage is red, of course, so he always gets away with some life at the end :\

Poison? No idea if that would work or not.
Edit: Pair with Horus? Or something like DQ or XQ?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jinnigan posted:

Don't use a Kali buddy? Or bring along a Susano / Diza / Echidna / anything to help you stall the 10 turns.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

GungHo posted:

*Directorfs Choice Carnival*
[Duration]: 10/23 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 10/29 (Thurs), 11:59 PM (PDT)

To commemorate 8MM Downloads in North America, a special Directorfs Choice Carnival has been assembled with 3x Rates!

Featured monsters pop out at level 30 and above, and all monsters are guaranteed +Egg status!

*The +Egg guarantee will apply to both the monsters from the Rare Egg Machine and the Halloween Egg Machine during the duration of this Directorfs Choice Carnival event.

See the full lineup below:

š6
1374 Life Dragon, Zhuge Liang

972 Lovely Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
982 Blazing Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
1270 Burning Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
1516 Lively Maiden, Princess Valkyrie

š5
1372 Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang

620 Archangel Uriel
622 Archangel Gabriel
624 Archangel Michael
626 Archangel Raphael
628 Archangel Lucifer

490 Horus
492 Isis
494 Bastet
496 Ra
498 Anubis

236 Shiva
238 Lakshmi
240 Parvati
242 Indra
244 Vritra

122 Minerva
124 Neptune
126 Ceres
128 Venus
130 Hades

Gotta say, that's one helluva lineup. Basically a quadruple-Godfest (Archangels 1.0/Egyptian 1.0/Indian 1.0/Greco-Roman 1.0), plus Valks & Zhuge Liangs, but without the Godfest-exclusives.

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Oct 22, 2015

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

Battle Pigeon posted:

Wish I had a Shiva, LKali, or Yomi too :saddowns: Parvati/Bastet/LuBeelz are getting kind of dull.

OH YEAH and I made my second hypermax yesterday, about a year too late-Athena finally got that last skill up!

Yeah, I hesitated too, but then noticed that a max skilled Attackerasu is only 1 turn better than an unskilled A Ama. As well as the awakenings and whatnot

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

But not a godfest, so no kalis etc.

Hmmmm.

Probably still waiting on PCGF?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Special valks are more valuable and rarer than several GFEs.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Time to roll in dictators choice.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DaveWoo posted:

Gotta say, that's one helluva lineup. Basically a quadruple-Godfest (Archangels 1.0/Egyptian 1.0/Indian 1.0/Greco-Roman 1.0), plus Valks & Zhuge Liangs, but without the Godfest-exclusives.

This has trap written all over it.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Everything is a trap. Never roll.

Just kidding always roll, duh. That said I will not be rolling

Jinnigan posted:

No. Quoting myself:
"Attack order goes left to right, main-attribute attacks then sub-attribute attacks. Also, enemies don't die once they hit 0 HP. They die if all attacks finish and they're at 0 HP."
Friend LKali's Red sub-attribute keeps the dragon alive.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Hmm... I don't think I'll roll in this. I already have 4 GZLs, 3 of the Valks, and assorted gods from all the available Pantheons.

I really would love a Parvati or a Ra, but I think I'll wait for a more focused Godfest involving them.

Speaking of my 4 GZLs, should I sell off some of them for MP? I can't see myself ever using that many.

raej
Sep 25, 2003

"Being drunk is the worst feeling of all. Except for all those other feelings."
How are people going about Zeus&Hera? Ronia/Beelz? Bastet? Horus/Ra?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
The Valks are the only thing I really want (R.Valk and G.Valk would complete some teams for me) but since they're the 6-stars I'm never going to get them. I might roll it once or twice for one of the greek gods I don't have. Parvati would also be hilarious.

• Locked thread