Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I've got a hard fight against me this week, with byes and injuries killing me. ESPN, 0 PPR, 12-person league. I'm the team on the right:

And my bench:

Any opinions/any advice? I'm in slightly better shape if Yeldon plays, then I'll swap him for Andrews. I know I should drop Peyton, but for what?

Vargo fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

pangstrom posted:

Yeah I am trying to get people to stop doing this. Sometimes it's inattention but with the more conniving guys it's "well I'll just keep this on tap and if my dude breaks ok the deal"

Which is why it is the one who proposes the deals responsibility to cancel the trade. If you aren't confident sending a trade then don't do it.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
In a bye week bind at WR, and I can't decide if I like Robert Woods with Watkins probably out or roll with Baldwin (ugh) tonight in PPR.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Which is why it is the one who proposes the deals responsibility to cancel the trade. If you aren't confident sending a trade then don't do it.
Oh so you're one of those guys, huh.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

So in my 1PPR league, I'm thinking of offering a trade to an owner whose running back situation is awful. His backs are L. Murray/J. Stewart/Abdullah/Gordon/Mathews/Starks.

McCoy/J. Brown or Hurns for -- K. Allen or Antonio Brown (If I can swing it)

If I did this trade, it would leave me a little lighter at RB. My backs and receivers are as follows currently.

Freeman/Foster/McCoy/Hillman/Davis/Coleman
Hopkins/A. Robinson/J. Brown/Hurns/Diggs

We start 2RB/2WR/Flex. Since it is 10 man, I'm just trying to create an optimal playoff lineup. I think Allen and Brown will both be worth more than McCoy ROS in my flex, because we get big 100 yard bonuses and they are both PPR machines.

Would you make attempt this trade? Yes/No.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

So Travis Benjamin and Steve Smith were free in my standard league. I just dropped Jarvis Landry for Steve Smith, should I drop scramble brains Maclin for Benjamin?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Popero posted:

In a bye week bind at WR, and I can't decide if I like Robert Woods with Watkins probably out or roll with Baldwin (ugh) tonight in PPR.

I dropped Baldwin to pick up Woods. The Seahawks have a lot of options including a QB that likes to run, the Bills are running out of options, so my logic is that with no Harvin or Watkins, throwing to Woods is their only option, so he's almost guaranteed to see more targets than Baldwin.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

pangstrom posted:

Oh so you're one of those guys, huh.

Is it my responsibility to wipe your butt too? Don't send terrible deals, and they won't sit in my box til I feel like rejecting them.

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21

Chimeric posted:

I need some opinions: if somebody in my league is going to be in jail until after Sunday kickoffs, should I (as commissioner) set their lineup for them? This would involve switching out their flex (bye week) and possibly QB (depending on Mariota's health situation). Why or why not?

A guy in my league has been in jail all season long and his team is in second place. The commissioner has never once set his lineup or made any adjustments. You shouldn't do anything for his team.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I just dropped Jarvis Landry for Steve Smith

While acquiring Steve Smith was a Good Move, dropping Jarvis Landry was a Bad Move.

Did you really not have something better to drop than a rock-solid WR2?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

What do people think of Christine Michael this week? Dallas has been talking about having him be the lead RB coming out of the bye, he has a pretty good matchup against the Giants, and I'm seriously hard up for a flex. Here's my totally screwed team, I would be putting him in for Sims, obviously.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

No, thrawn527, he's being "given the chance" to take the starting job. There's a baltimore homer in here that absolutely thumps the Michael bible but I think that's a bunch of horse crock and that he's not actually as talented as the guys 2 years ago on dynastydiaperfetish.com said he was and that he was traded to the Cowboys for a (conditional?) 7th because Seattle had better options and were done with his fizzled rear end AND because Dallas just wanted another body that they could try a reclamation project on. He's being thrown in there right now because Garrett seems to hate Randle but Randle remains the talent in Dallas, not Michael.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
I am 6-0 and so am beginning to plan ahead for playoffs (which are weeks 15-17 in my league which I know is dumb and argued unsuccessfully to change). Anyone else in the same situation, and if so who are you targeting?

If I have Eli and Bradford at QB, and Julio, Demaryius, Allen Robinson and John Brown at WR, would trading Eli and Demaryius for Luck and Maclin be a good playoff move? The colts will surely have gotten a lot better by then and have a better qb playoff schedule than Eli anyway. Thomas to maclin is a downgrade but if Peyton's this bad now I dread to think what he'll be like in his usual cold weather slump, whereas Maclin's schedule is good for WRs and they'll likely be fighting for a playoff spot still.

Other playoff moves I'm trying to make are to get Stafford instead of Bradford as Stafford's playoff schedule is easy. It's a 14 team league so can't guarantee there'll be players with good matchups on the wire. I'm also trying to get the Rams Defense as they have an easy playoff run - currently got Jets and Panthers.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I'm not as down on Michael as GP, but I agree I wouldn't start him this week. If all the rumors and news are true, this week will be his coming out party and you can ride him forward behind that line but wait to see how he does first.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
I would absolutely start him over Charmander or Kendall Wright this week, which is what the question was.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

No, thrawn527, he's being "given the chance" to take the starting job. There's a baltimore homer in here that absolutely thumps the Michael bible but I think that's a bunch of horse crock and that he's not actually as talented as the guys 2 years ago on dynastydiaperfetish.com said he was and that he was traded to the Cowboys for a (conditional?) 7th because Seattle had better options and were done with his fizzled rear end AND because Dallas just wanted another body that they could try a reclamation project on. He's being thrown in there right now because Garrett seems to hate Randle but Randle remains the talent in Dallas, not Michael.

Right but are you aware that he's a SPARQ monster?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Franks Happy Place posted:

I would absolutely start him over Charmander or Kendall Wright this week, which is what the question was.

? The question was him or Sims and Sims has been consistently producing.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I wouldn't start Michael yet either in lieu of a decent alternate but sometimes guys pop up. Supposedly part of the reason Seattle shipped him was because he was immature and wouldn't learn what they wanted him to, and sometimes guys like that get their poo poo together a little when their career starts sliding off the edge of the map.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

While acquiring Steve Smith was a Good Move, dropping Jarvis Landry was a Bad Move.

Did you really not have something better to drop than a rock-solid WR2?

It's an 8 team league. I have Dalton, Luck, Julio Jones, Maclin, Steve Smith, Eifert, G. Olsen, Forte, Arian Foster, Latavius Murray, Doug Martin, Charcandrick West, Christine Michael.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yeah, you should definitely roster him because RB is a position of volatility and scarcity and that offense will help whoever starts produce regardless of their weaknessess and I for example grabbed him in dynasty but you're probably hosed if you have to start him this week, take a low floor guy over him imo unless you need a home run to bail you out.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Shath Hole posted:

Yeah, Sims is the alternative. And I agree he's been producing, even if projections haven't been reflecting that.

Thanks everyone. I'll hold on Michael for this week.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

It's an 8 team league. I have Dalton, Luck, Julio Jones, Maclin, Steve Smith, Eifert, G. Olsen, Forte, Arian Foster, Latavius Murray, Doug Martin, Charcandrick West, Christine Michael.

We also only start two WR's, two RB's, one TE, and one flex.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Shath Hole posted:

Oh wow, look at that, I glazed over that part of the post and only looked at his bench. My bad.

I'd still probably start Michael, to be honest. All of the Dallas beat writers seem unanimous that Michael is now the lead RB (stuff like this for example), and that being the case, it's a soft matchup against a garbage defense still lacking JPP and probably also Beason. Even if he doesn't get the 12+ touches a game they seem to think he's a lock for, he's definitely the goal line back, which Sims is definitely not.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
i hate my roster this week

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, Sims is the alternative. And I agree he's been producing, even if projections haven't been reflecting that.

Thanks everyone. I'll hold on Michael for this week.

Is it PPR? I guess that is a big part of your decision...if it is PPR I think Sims is a no brainer this week. I just hate stepping out on the edge before seeing what a hype player does before he does it. It can pay off, don't get me wrong, but I hate doing it.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh wow, look at that, I glazed over that part of the post and only looked at his bench. My bad.

I'd still probably start Michael, to be honest. All of the Dallas beat writers seem unanimous that Michael is now the lead RB (stuff like this for example), and that being the case, it's a soft matchup against a garbage defense still lacking JPP and probably also Beason. Even if he doesn't get the 12+ touches a game they seem to think he's a lock for, he's definitely the goal line back, which Sims is definitely not.

Ryan Mallett was the starter for week 3 (I think that was the week) and look how that went. RB is far easier to switch people out mid-stream, too, so if Michael has a bad drive or two? Well, in comes Randle, a guy they actually already know can do it. If you're a Randle owner, I would be concerned about his prospects this week. I, for example, am benching him because his touch load should be down this week regardless of how it shakes out. Still! The chances he's overtaken are low.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Ryan Mallett was the starter for week 3 (I think that was the week) and look how that went. RB is far easier to switch people out mid-stream, too, so if Michael has a bad drive or two? Well, in comes Randle, a guy they actually already know can do it. If you're a Randle owner, I would be concerned about his prospects this week. I, for example, am benching him because his touch load should be down this week regardless of how it shakes out. Still! The chances he's overtaken are low.

The best part about this debate is that one of us will prove definitively correct in a few days. :tipshat:

I also disagree that Randle is a "guy we know can do it". I think Randle sucks, and fortunately it would appear that ol' Jerruh and his bitchboy Garrett are of the same mind, because they just benched his rear end.

\/\/\/ Oh well then, that's different, I'd start Sims in PPR.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Shath Hole posted:

Is it PPR? I guess that is a big part of your decision...if it is PPR I think Sims is a no brainer this week. I just hate stepping out on the edge before seeing what a hype player does before he does it. It can pay off, don't get me wrong, but I hate doing it.

It is PPR, yes.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
nice, someone just dropped Denver's D/ST this week in my league. gonna scoop that up

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The best part about this debate is that one of us will prove definitively correct in a few days. :tipshat:

I also disagree that Randle is a "guy we know can do it". I think Randle sucks, and fortunately it would appear that ol' Jerruh and his bitchboy Garrett are of the same mind, because they just benched his rear end.

I mean, I don't mind being wrong. I think you'd stop posting for a couple of days tho, you've got this huge hardon for him. I've had a very successful year and right now I'm riding my very own hot hand :iamafag:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I just realized I never mentioned it was PPR in the original question. My mistake.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

The Aguamoose posted:

I am 6-0 and so am beginning to plan ahead for playoffs (which are weeks 15-17 in my league which I know is dumb and argued unsuccessfully to change). Anyone else in the same situation, and if so who are you targeting?

On the opposite end of this, I am 0-6 and beginning to plan ahead for next year (in a first year keeper league). I am going to look through my league's draft/waiver results to see who the best values are as I'm currently planning to keep Jordy Nelson as a 13th but get one more. I'm thinking that I can blow up my team for the best breakout players plus some future prospects, but how does trading draft picks typically work? Do you have to balance out picks given/received so that nobody ends up with too many players? e.g. OBJ + 15th round pick for Amari Cooper + 3rd (no clue what actual value is, this is just an example). Is this a feature built in to ESPN or how do people manage that?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
So Sammy Watkins was dropped in my 14 team 0.5 PPR league. I have 4/14 waiver priority - he's definitely worth a claim, but I'm in a bit of a bind this week.

QB: Tyrod, Fitzmagic
RB: Ingram, Hyde, CMike
WR: Cobb, ARob, Cooks, Crabtree, Garcon
TE: Eifert, Green
K: None
D/ST: Carolina

Currently carrying Ladarius Green to cover Eifert's bye and Fitzpatrick to cover Tyrod's injury, but this league only has 4 bench spots, so I'm stuck using half my bench this week on those guys. I was debating dropping Garcon to grab a kicker (but will wait until Sunday because my opponent has primarily 1:00pm games. If it's looking like a blowout either way then I won't bother). So I could put in a claim to drop Garcon for Watkins, but that leaves me in a bind for this week kicker-wise. My next drop would be Crabtree I guess, but I'd like to hold onto him.

Or I can let Watkins go and just go with the potential Garcon/kicker swap. If Watkins magically doesn't get claimed I've got Green that I can drop next week.

e: Also I'm 2-4 with this poo poo team (thanks CJA) and can't really afford many more losses, so it'd have to be a fairly big spread for me to feel comfortable not grabbing a kicker. Both Monday night guys are owned, so I'd have to get a 4:00 kicker or Sturgis on Sunday night.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I hope it's not bad form to make offers to the AB owner in a league after seeing another owner Tweet fantasy experts/analytics asking opinions on a proposed deal they are working on. Gotta take every advantage I can get, eh?

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Oct 22, 2015

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Cervixalot posted:

I hope it's not bad form to make offers to the AB owner in a league after seeing another owner Tweet famtasu experts/analytics asking opinions on a proposed deal they are working on. Gotta take every advantage I can get, eh?

Not your fault they made the deal publicly available. Take advantage.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Cervixalot posted:

I hope it's not bad form to make offers to the AB owner in a league after seeing another owner Tweet famtasu experts/analytics asking opinions on a proposed deal they are working on. Gotta take every advantage I can get, eh?

I was frantically googling trying to figure out what kind of analytics were "famtasu."

It's not bad form at all. You should even send the AB84 owner those tweets. All's fair.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
In a pinch, which of my two stash pickups should I play this weekend, Christine Michael or Ahmad Bradshaw? I'm leaning towards Michael in 0PPR.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Vargo posted:

In a pinch, which of my two stash pickups should I play this weekend, Christine Michael or Ahmad Bradshaw? I'm leaning towards Michael in 0PPR.

Definitely Michael.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Vargo posted:

Michael.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Spoeank posted:

I was frantically googling trying to figure out what kind of analytics were "famtasu."

It's not bad form at all. You should even send the AB84 owner those tweets. All's fair.

Whoops. Too much coffee today. Rock on.

• Locked thread