Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
10 day snipe... woah...

is like symphony

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

wyoak posted:

Blackberry Pearls

it's actually "blackberries pearl"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rather than announcing its first Android phone, BlackBerry has taken the odd strategy of just letting every detail about the device leak out and then casually referencing it in an official capacity every now and then. The latest detail to leak out is the phone's pricing, which apparently comes in at $749. The information was published along with the phone's specs on a preorder page that went up prematurely on BlackBerry's site last night. Android Central caught the listing while it was live, and it says that $749 is the phone's US price, with its Canadian price coming in at $949.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
loooool

a $900 android phone. now that's some loving innovation right there! who would have dared to dream of charging so much for an android? the boys from waterloo are back i tell ya!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
these phones we make that no one wants? yeah well they're premium. that's why they have a premium pricepoint.

looks like rim's going head to head with virtu this time

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Android Central caught the listing while it was live, and it says that $749 is the phone's US price, with its Canadian price coming in at $949.
950 dollarydoos

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

infernal machines posted:

loooool

a $900 android phone. now that's some loving innovation right there! who would have dared to dream of charging so much for an android? the boys from waterloo are back i tell ya!

if youre only gonna sell it to the remaining 1000 diehard bb fans, you might as well gouge them while you're at it

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

official blackberry marketing

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Oct 22, 2015

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
this just confirms my suspicions that blackberry is intentionally trying to lose money (but not be too obvious about it) as a roundabout means of transferring assets from shareholders to creditors

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Pinterest Mom posted:

Rather than announcing its first Android phone, BlackBerry has taken the odd strategy of just letting every detail about the device leak out and then casually referencing it in an official capacity every now and then. The latest detail to leak out is the phone's pricing, which apparently comes in at $749. The information was published along with the phone's specs on a preorder page that went up prematurely on BlackBerry's site last night. Android Central caught the listing while it was live, and it says that $749 is the phone's US price, with its Canadian price coming in at $949.

john "marketing departments are an unnecessary money drain" chen

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Thanks Ants posted:

john "marketing departments are an unnecessary money drain" chen

the one they had certainly was

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Cocoa Crispies posted:

it's actually "blackberries pearl"

blackberry pearl's

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

pearly rim

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
you should of waited for blackberry pearl's before buying a phone

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

qirex posted:

why is her logo an anus?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

qirex posted:

the one on the left likes it in the butt lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

FMguru posted:

just because he does his hair like that doesn't necessarily mean he's gay

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

loooool

just charge $50k per phone and subsist solely on sales to the canadian federal government

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

sund posted:

just charge $50k per phone and subsist solely on sales to the canadian federal government

liberal government will not buy a phone with filthy American android software on it, only :canada: blackberry classic

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

why is her logo an anus?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

just because he does his hair like that doesn't necessarily mean he's gay

liking it in the butt doesn't make u gay either

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

qirex posted:

billable hours: 40
actual hours: rounds down to zero

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

someone post the video of chen awkwardly "unveiling" the priv to that lady and not even knowing what it stood for

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

mishaq posted:

someone post the video of chen awkwardly "unveiling" the priv to that lady and not even knowing what it stood for

fucker didn't even know what android was

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
imagine being an engineer at blackberry and seeing that video, realizing that what you spent the last year on, the company's last ditch effort to save itself, is something the CEO knows nothing about and clearly could not have made an informed decision on.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

The Management posted:

imagine being an engineer at blackberry and seeing that video, realizing that what you spent the last year on, the company's last ditch effort to save itself, is something the CEO knows nothing about and clearly could not have made an informed decision on.

so being an engineer at blackberry since about 2006?

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

qirex posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlO8KMv7Bx4

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

qirex posted:

why is her logo an anus?

FMguru posted:

i miss that av sometimes

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

im the incredible long pauses between each action in the menu system which perfectly aligns with how lovely and unresponsive bbos was/is

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

mishaq posted:

lol forever at this video

http://www.bnn.ca/Video/player.aspx?vid=713580

The Management posted:

this just confirms my suspicions that blackberry is intentionally trying to lose money (but not be too obvious about it) as a roundabout means of transferring assets from shareholders to creditors

this makes a lot of sense

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

mishaq posted:

this makes a lot of sense

who do you think put Chen in charge? they're using real estate holdings and their patent portfolio to borrow money for continued operations. when they declare bankruptcy they will have literally nothing because the lenders will own all of those things.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qirex posted:

ERRRHHH UHHHHH IT WAS AN INTERN

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

The Management posted:

who do you think put Chen in charge? they're using real estate holdings and their patent portfolio to borrow money for continued operations. when they declare bankruptcy they will have literally nothing because the lenders will own all of those things.

why are they borrowing money for operations but sitting on a shitload of cash

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

ahmeni posted:

i miss that av sometimes

it was a pro af av

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

theflyingexecutive posted:

it was a pro af av

it was nice but I had it long after I stopped using a blackberry

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

some of the articles covering that were like "oh it was an impromptu demo so cut him some slack!"

perhaps the answer was "don't do an impromptu demo" you loving idiot

pram
Jun 10, 2001

holy poo poo this video

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
So how do you like Twitter, you're on it now?

...oh, uh right yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Lol at the typical mandatory anroid lag. And the non existent swipe up gesture

• Locked thread