Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
I believe it's down for maintenance; at least, that's what it told me about an hour ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Game just came back up, so should be good now.

If you're ever not sure, they're pretty good at saying on Twitter what they're up to.

https://twitter.com/VermintideGame

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

That Italian Guy posted:

Ah good to know, I was just quickly googling it and the first few hits all mentioned this weird issue, but maybe they're old stuff now.

I thought one of the patches specifically addressed this

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
I've mostly been playing hammerdwarf, but I just tried out what you guys said with shieldslam spam and I'm pretty sure that alone just carried my team to victory.

I mean, that and the musket 360 noscope headshots on special vermin I was popping left and right.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Trier posted:

I've mostly been playing hammerdwarf, but I just tried out what you guys said with shieldslam spam and I'm pretty sure that alone just carried my team to victory.

I mean, that and the musket 360 noscope headshots on special vermin I was popping left and right.

Welcome to the Shield Club, use it to club slaverats with your massive shield bash. :getin:

Holding back a massive rush of rats on the horn stairs with two grimoires while your other team members rain fire and bullets down on them (and the soldier cleaves at things above your head with a greatsword Marcus&BardinBFFs4lyfe)is the best feeling. Now I just need some drakefire pistols to play with. I'll hate losing the ability to just erase a special with the handgun though.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie

Bussamove posted:

Now I just need some drakefire pistols to play with

This times infinity, I've seen them in the loot table ONCE

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I'm in the mid 30s and have never gotten an exotic weapon.

Life is suffering.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I'm 16 and still don't have one trinket let alone two for both my open slots. :smith:

Also still using a white handgun. But I have an axe and shield with a 35% chance that it won't use stamina on a push, which is just ridiculous.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!
This game reminds me of how desperately I need a new video card. Suggested graphics setting is lowest.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Bussamove posted:

But I have an axe and shield with a 35% chance that it won't use stamina on a push, which is just ridiculous.

Holy gently caress I want that

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Drythe posted:

Holy gently caress I want that

it's basically the best thing i have for Kruger, it Rules with a capitol R

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

Solvency posted:

This game reminds me of how desperately I need a new video card. Suggested graphics setting is lowest.

To be fair, the game is said to be really unoptimised at the moment.

that said i just purchased a gtx970

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I think the game does that to anyone. I run everything at high with no issues and it started on low for me too.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Iceshade posted:

To be fair, the game is said to be really unoptimised at the moment.

The wizard's tower holdout spot makes my computer poo poo the bed. So many particle effects.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Anyone figured out if the Exotics are the same as Uniques in other games, i.e. a weapon that will always have the same types of bonuses?

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

Mordja posted:

Anyone figured out if the Exotics are the same as Uniques in other games, i.e. a weapon that will always have the same types of bonuses?

Nope, they are simply stronger weapons with a few unique traits that can be rolled onto it. 15% attack speed and increased push strength are some that ive seen.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

BombiTheZombie posted:

Nope, they are simply stronger weapons with a few unique traits that can be rolled onto it. 15% attack speed and increased push strength are some that ive seen.

I've seen both of those runes on blue weapons.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

BombiTheZombie posted:

Well, hopefully they're something that can be added post-launch. I'd really like to see some gear that emphasizes certain playstyles, maybe throw in some penalties for them as well. Like, gimme a bloodstealing shortbow that heals on every hit but drains the user when not actively killing stuff. :getin:

E: full disclosure, that's really just cause I'd like to see elf players run off and get swarmed on their own again

KlavoHunter
Aug 4, 2006
"Intelligence indicates that our enemy is using giant cathedral ships. Research divison reports that we can adapt this technology for our use. Begin researching giant cathedral ships immediately."

ToiletDuckie posted:

Sometimes, random groups are confusing. I join Wizard's Tower for the first time with some people higher level than I am. My first thought is "Man, they know what they're doing. Grouped together, moving quick, leaving me behind almost! This is great!". We even wipe out a Rat Ogre with practically no damage taken. My only source of suspicion is that it's on Normal and they're all half life or less when I joined mid-match.

Next think I know, they're all corpses in a corner at what I assume is the end of the level while I attempt to block/poke 2-3 Stormvermin and a rat swarm to death to reach their (eventually) respawning bodies. Beat the first group, moved to their bodies, got surrounded and failed :(

If you're referring to the game with me and some other goons doing first-time Wizard Tower, we managed to beat that after you left. :( Sorry, I should have picked something less confusing for your first map!

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Solvency posted:

It might be the CPU, there are a ton of complaints on the Steam forums (gag) about the CPU being heavily depended upon due to the Autodesk non-optimization.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Doing nightmare sewers, horde comes so we all run into a chokepoint room together, only I get choke grabbed right as we turn the corner and dragged into the horde to die, rest of the team fails to fight at the chokepoint and dies, then I get vote kicked as somehow that was all my fault.

Kryopsis
Jun 30, 2012

Shapes and colours the likes of which I've never seen!
This game turned out to be a lot better than I expected. I never liked L4D and yet Vermintide is a blast to play. The combination of amusing party banter, satisfying weapon handling and all sorts of weird steampunk rats to slay (as opposed to loving zombies) results in one of the few co-op games I actually enjoy.

I'm only level 6 but the Witch Hunter's rapier/pistol combination is probably my favourite weapon so far, I'm just having trouble finding a ranged weapon to compliment this set. I'm currently using the crossbow for those sweet long-distance headshots but that leaves me with limited crowd-control (although the rapier's slashes are quite decent and quick).

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

BadLlama posted:

Doing nightmare sewers, horde comes so we all run into a chokepoint room together, only I get choke grabbed right as we turn the corner and dragged into the horde to die, rest of the team fails to fight at the chokepoint and dies, then I get vote kicked as somehow that was all my fault.

Yeah, how you not quickscoped that hooker, eh? :manning:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

We were doing the sewers, and come up to get to the wagon only to find a Ratling gunner camping the ladder. We kill him, then notice we're still taking fire from behind. There was a second one right behind us, also camping and putting us in a crossfire. Nearly lost the run right at the end.

Also, on Wizard's tower, I ran into a pair of Ratling gunners who killed one another off-screen trying to shoot us, I think. It's the only reason I can imagine that the characters were going "RATLING GUNNER!" and we never saw one, but found two corpses in a narrow hall later.

Warpstone, man. Not even once.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I've seen both of those runes on blue weapons.

It seems to basically boil down to number of modifiers?
Green = 1 modifier
Blue = 2 modifiers
Orange = 3 modifiers.

Maybe they also pull from a restricted pool of special weapons and modifiers.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
I just started playing today, having a blast with the Witch Hunter. Fits my playstyle really well.

Quick question though: what's the effective range of the pistols? Seems a little inconsistent and I never really know when I'm wasting shots.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

BadLlama posted:

Doing nightmare runs with pubbies IS your fault.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Pimpmust posted:

Green = 1 modifier
Blue = 2 modifiers
Orange = 3 modifiers.

It seems to just be # of modifiers. Rarer weapons also do slightly more damage (which can actually be huge, if it's the difference between killing rats in 1 or 2 hits).

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Skandranon posted:

Doing nightmare runs with pubbies IS your fault.

True.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

Pimpmust posted:

Green = 1 modifier
Blue = 2 modifiers
Orange = 3 modifiers.

This seems to be a good post:

http://forums.fatsharkgames.com/discussion/952/weapon-and-trinket-traits-explaining

But it's not 100% complete. For instance, I got devastating blow on my WH axe, and that one isn't listed.

Iceshade fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 22, 2015

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Stop being anti-social butt wads. Stop playing with the unwashed masses. Start getting into mumble, irc, steamchat, or sending smoke signals to goons to play fun game with friends.

If you have a bad online experience you're the only person to blame ;)

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Mechafunkzilla posted:

It seems to just be # of modifiers. Rarer weapons also do slightly more damage (which can actually be huge, if it's the difference between killing rats in 1 or 2 hits).

A good example of where quality really matters is witch hunter's dual pistols, where higher quality ones can one shot hard+ clanrats with body shots, which means they become excellent sweeper weapons.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Holy poo poo, the Soldier's handgun is so much better than his Blunderbuss. I wasted a Packmaster and a Gutter Runner in a single shot. They shouldn't have lined up like that.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Coolguye posted:

it's basically the best thing i have for Kruger, it Rules with a capitol R

Too bad you also somehow picked up a curse considering how our horn runs went last night.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Just did a fantastic Horn of Magnus nightmare run with pubbies, all of them over level 20. We dispatched rats like a well oiled machine, watching each others backs and reacting with lightning speed to specials. Even took out a RO with no one taking damage. Got all three tomes and both grimoires with no problems whatsoever! I have had normal runs that went worse than that one.

Now i will forever be haunted by the fact that pubbies CAN be good, i just never end up in good groups :smith:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

Night10194 posted:

Holy poo poo, the Soldier's handgun is so much better than his Blunderbuss. I wasted a Packmaster and a Gutter Runner in a single shot. They shouldn't have lined up like that.

the blundbuss is trash garbage and the handgun owns bones

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Night10194 posted:

Blunderbuss is probably in the top 3 for worst weapon in the game (I would say that hag bow and and possibly swift bow are worst). Luckily both the hand gun and the repeater are excellent, once you finally get one of them.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

lmao the loading screens say when you see a loot rat ignore the plight of your teammates and charge it headon for it's glorious loot

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Drythe posted:

lmao the loading screens say when you see a loot rat ignore the plight of your teammates and charge it headon for it's glorious loot

pubbies do read!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Its good advice! :pseudo:

• Locked thread