Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Vargo posted:

In a pinch, which of my two stash pickups should I play this weekend, Christine Michael or Ahmad Bradshaw? I'm leaning towards Michael in 0PPR.

Michael 10/10 times though I have to think you have someone better on waivers available than Bradshaw!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I mean, I don't mind being wrong. I think you'd stop posting for a couple of days tho, you've got this huge hardon for him. I've had a very successful year and right now I'm riding my very own hot hand :iamafag:

Stop posting, are you kidding me? :iamafag:

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Franks Happy Place posted:

The best part about this debate is that one of us will prove definitively correct in a few days. :tipshat:

I also disagree that Randle is a "guy we know can do it". I think Randle sucks, and fortunately it would appear that ol' Jerruh and his bitchboy Garrett are of the same mind, because they just benched his rear end.

\/\/\/ Oh well then, that's different, I'd start Sims in PPR.

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I'd be curious to hear your case against Randle. You're usually all about the upside of players, it's weird to hear you so down on a guy who seems pretty decent to me.

CanUSayGym
Aug 19, 2006

Hmm? Vincent van Gogh fuck myself?
Survey says?

CanUSayGym posted:

With Maclin concussion concern, James Jones on bye, I need a WR since I picked up LaFell and he's still on PUP.
My team is now
QB: Big Ben, Bortles
RB: L. Miller, Ingram, Forte, Lynch
WR: Maclin, Marshall, LaFell, Jones
TE: Barnidge, Eifert
K: Pats
DST: Jets Pats

Available that look interesting to me: Moncrief, Rishard Matthews, Garcon, Decker, Crabtree

I figure to drop either one of the defenses or a TE, but I can't make a decision on either position and/or which to drop.

Standard scoring

A few pages back that I'd like opinion on

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

CanUSayGym posted:

A few pages back that I'd like opinion on

Decker or Moncreif

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Forever_Peace posted:

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I'd be curious to hear your case against Randle. You're usually all about the upside of players, it's weird to hear you so down on a guy who seems pretty decent to me.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'd buy Randle or CJ Anderson or Tevin Coleman if the price was right, just because You Never Know etc. But Randle has had a low rate of attaining positive yardage each carry (he's a home run hitter when they are looking for a drive sustaining hammer back) and his ball security issues have evidently really annoyed the coaches. This has been a very public and deliberate changeover that the media has covered quite openly, so I think it's coming from a place of urgency in the Dallas coaching staff.

I doubt they stop using Randle entirely, but I could easily see this turning into a Hill / Bernard split, only Randle's Bernardness has yet to be shown (he's sub 4ypc after all, and it remains to be seen if he can do better with more outside runs etc).

Like I said, all players have value, but stocks go up and stocks go down, and right now Randle is looooow.

(I think I just talked myself into sending a stink bid offer to the Randle owner in my league....)

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Michael is taking first team reps, Randle is footballspeaking what you say when you get demoted, and the coaches are saying they're ready to let the reigns off CMike. The signs are there for a great pickup for next to nothing. If he does poo poo, great, dump him in two weeks. He could be an RB2 with that offensive line and even better when Romo and Dez come back.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Also he could be complete garbage but if he's there for free and you hold on to Brian Quick or whatever while CMike becomes a startable back then you're gonna feel pretty dumb.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Forever_Peace posted:

This is a case of fantasy not meeting reality. Randle has been pretty terrible from a real world perspective. He will probably still mix it in, but the job is open right now.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

It's an 8 team league. I have Dalton, Luck, Julio Jones, Maclin, Steve Smith, Eifert, G. Olsen, Forte, Arian Foster, Latavius Murray, Doug Martin, Charcandrick West, Christine Michael.

No one responded to this, but Landry is better than Charmander for sure and definitely for your team with 3 WR and 6 RB.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
T-rod is out.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
OBJ for Gurley straight up - who wins? Both teams are hurting in the respective areas they are trading for.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Murphy Brownback posted:

OBJ for Gurley straight up - who wins? Both teams are hurting in the respective areas they are trading for.

If it's a need for both teams then it's even. But even as a Giants fan, I'd want the Gurley side.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

LmaoTheKid posted:

If it's a need for both teams then it's even. But even as a Giants fan, I'd want the Gurley side.

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't an insulting/blatantly one-sided offer (I'm the OBJ owner). I guess I have to hope he takes it.

e: he is very strong at RB so that is my only hope really - he has ADP and McCoy and other decent backups but is pretty thin at WR, whereas I am absolutely awful at RB.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Michael 10/10 times though I have to think you have someone better on waivers available than Bradshaw!

12-person league with two flex spots and three WRs, our wiver wire is a goddamn desert wasteland. The best available WR is probably Riley Cooper, and the best RB is, I dunno, Marcel Reese?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Murphy Brownback posted:

Either side I'm on, I'm sitting there staring at this for hours figuring out if I should accept.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

This is a case of fantasy not meeting reality. Randle has been pretty terrible from a real world perspective. He will probably still mix it in, but the job is open right now.

I'm asking for WHY people think he's terrible. He looks fine to me on tape, and his success rate isn't so different from, say, Forte or Ingram or Martin or Gore. DVOA is fine, he's not losing fumbles, splits look great (he's killing it on first and tens).

Literally the only problems I've noticed are relative ineffectiveness in goal line power back situations and a propensity to get tired near the end of games.

If we believe the coach speak then fine, they want to try out the new guy (and CMike's been in my WW rankings as a potential pickup). But I just don't see where the "Randle sucks" narrative is coming from.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Forever_Peace posted:

I'm asking for WHY people think he's terrible. He looks fine to me on tape, and his success rate isn't so different from, say, Forte or Ingram or Martin or Gore. DVOA is fine, he's not losing fumbles, splits look great (he's killing it on first and tens).

Literally the only problems I've noticed are relative ineffectiveness in goal line power back situations and a propensity to get tired near the end of games.

If we believe the coach speak then fine, they want to try out the new guy (and CMike's been in my WW rankings as a potential pickup). But I just don't see where the "Randle sucks" narrative is coming from.

His NEP is really bad (like among the worst in the league), and he goes down at first contact, which is why his week 4 (for example) carry log is so horrifying inconsistent.

My impression is that the Cowboys are looking for a back who will get them at least two or three yards each carry no matter what, so that they're positioned at 3rd and 4 (or whatever), instead of having Randle trying to hit home runs all of the time and often getting one yard or less.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Sataere posted:

So in my 1PPR league, I'm thinking of offering a trade to an owner whose running back situation is awful. His backs are L. Murray/J. Stewart/Abdullah/Gordon/Mathews/Starks.

McCoy/J. Brown or Hurns for -- K. Allen or Antonio Brown (If I can swing it)

If I did this trade, it would leave me a little lighter at RB. My backs and receivers are as follows currently.

Freeman/Foster/McCoy/Hillman/Davis/Coleman
Hopkins/A. Robinson/J. Brown/Hurns/Diggs

We start 2RB/2WR/Flex. Since it is 10 man, I'm just trying to create an optimal playoff lineup. I think Allen and Brown will both be worth more than McCoy ROS in my flex, because we get big 100 yard bonuses and they are both PPR machines.

Would you make attempt this trade? Yes/No.

Reposting for feedback

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
Rank these 4 qbs that I might have to use.
Landry Jones
EJ Manuel
Zach Mettenberger
Jake McCown

Jake has been not bad but hes going against the rams this week.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

What do I do with Andre Ellington?

1ppr, 12 teams, I'm one game behind at 4-2, and here's my lineup:

QB Eli Manning, NYG QB [Recent News] Draft
RB Le'Veon Bell, Pit RB [Recent News] Draft
WR Odell Beckham Jr., NYG WR Q [Breaking News] Draft
WR Julian Edelman, NE WR [Breaking News] Draft
TE Benjamin Watson, NO TE [Breaking Video] Free Agency
FLEX Latavius Murray, Oak RB P Draft
FLEX Jarvis Landry, Mia WR [Recent News] Draft
D/ST Falcons D/ST D/ST Free Agency
K Phil Dawson, SF K [Recent News] Free Agency
Bench Andre Ellington, Ari RB [Recent News] Draft
Bench Anquan Boldin, SF WR Q [Breaking News] Draft
Bench Doug Baldwin, Sea WR [Breaking News] Draft
Bench Eric Ebron, Det TE Q [Breaking News] Free Agency
Bench Rishard Matthews, Mia WR [Recent News] Free Agency
Bench Leonard Hankerson, Atl WR Q [Breaking News] Free Agency
Bench Charcandrick West, KC RB [Recent News] Free Agency

Complicating factor: Chris Johnson just hit the waiver wire. I'm torn: it seems like Arizona is a heavily run-based team, but currently splitting between Ellington, Johnson, and Johnson. I looked around and the only two teams I thought might want to trade for Ellington weren't interested, the others all seem to be OK at RB depth. Do I just leave him on my bench? He seems too valuable to just outright drop. Or do I pick up Chris Johnson and potentially start both of them on some week? Notice that in this league we only have one RB slot but two FLEX (RB/WR/TE) slots.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

So now the Cowboys are pumping the brakes a bit on Michaels workload, or at least adding FUD to the situation. I think he's more of a flex option than an RB2 at this point, I'm only using him out of desperation.

It will probably take the rest of the week and some insight from the beat guys covering practice to get a sense of the touch distribution.

Franks Happy Place fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 22, 2015

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
.5ppr

Garcon or Crabtree?

Edit: Or Tavon Austin?

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 22, 2015

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

So now the Cowboys are pumping the brakes a bit on Michaels workload, or at least adding FUD to the situation. I think he's more of a flex option than an RB2 at this point, I'm only using him out of desperation.

It will probably take the rest of the week and some insight from the beat guys covering practice to get a sense of the touch distribution.

youre hearing this where?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

TommyGun85 posted:

youre hearing this where?

@HelmanDC: Scott Linehan says he wouldn't expect drastic changes at RB. Wants to get C-Mike involved, but expects Randle to get bulk of carries.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

His NEP is really bad (like among the worst in the league), and he goes down at first contact, which is why his week 4 (for example) carry log is so horrifying inconsistent.

My impression is that the Cowboys are looking for a back who will get them at least two or three yards each carry no matter what, so that they're positioned at 3rd and 4 (or whatever), instead of having Randle trying to hit home runs all of the time and often getting one yard or less.

This. Big runs skew his stats. Also it appears to be more than coach speak. I dont have what he said in front of me, but my interpretation is we have a full committee coming into this week. We will see who takes the lead from there.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
CMike is Charmander West is Zach Zenner is Charles Sims is Zach Sudfeld is Kyle Rudolph

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 22, 2015

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

No one responded to this, but Landry is better than Charmander for sure and definitely for your team with 3 WR and 6 RB.

Actually it's even worse than that because I have Lamar Miller too.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Actually it's even worse than that because I have Lamar Miller too.

Why? He-man Campbell is going to give him the ball plenty.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Yeah, I don't get the Charcakangis West hype. Can someone explain beyond OMG KC Running back will be the next JC?

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Yeah, I don't get the Charcakangis West hype. Can someone explain beyond OMG KC Running back will be the next JC?

Last year Knile Davis was putting up borderline RB1 numbers in JC's absence.

This year, not so much. :negative:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Miller should be in your lineups this weekend if you have him.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah I just have too many RB1's and RB2's now in one league.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Alright alright, who should I pick up from Allen Hurns, (Rank 14) Travis Benjamin (Rank 4), Marvin Jones (Rank 26) Rishard Matthews (Rank 22) and Jarvis Landry (Rank 24) in Standard

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Spoeank posted:

CMike is Charmander West is Zach Zenner is Charles Sims is Zach Sudfeld is Kyle Rudolph

Mmm yes Good Post.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

quote:

Sataere posted:

So in my 1PPR league, I'm thinking of offering a trade to an owner whose running back situation is awful. His backs are L. Murray/J. Stewart/Abdullah/Gordon/Mathews/Starks.

McCoy/J. Brown or Hurns for -- K. Allen or Antonio Brown (If I can swing it)

If I did this trade, it would leave me a little lighter at RB. My backs and receivers are as follows currently.

Freeman/Foster/McCoy/Hillman/Davis/Coleman
Hopkins/A. Robinson/J. Brown/Hurns/Diggs

We start 2RB/2WR/Flex. Since it is 10 man, I'm just trying to create an optimal playoff lineup. I think Allen and Brown will both be worth more than McCoy ROS in my flex, because we get big 100 yard bonuses and they are both PPR machines.

Would you make attempt this trade? Yes/No.

Reposting for feedback

Do you all have me on ignore or something. :v:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
How many years in a row does CMike have to be a garbage man player before we give up on him

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Alright alright, who should I pick up from Allen Hurns, (Rank 14) Travis Benjamin (Rank 4), Marvin Jones (Rank 26) Rishard Matthews (Rank 22) and Jarvis Landry (Rank 24) in Standard

Travis or Hurns

Sataere posted:

Reposting for feedback

If you can make the trade it's a good deal for you.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

quote:

Sataere posted:

Reposting for feedback

Do you all have me on ignore or something. :v:

It seems pretty equitable and helps out both sides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manwithoutskin
Mar 24, 2006
can you see the line where the water ends
Full PPR

Considering all the hype around Stefon Diggs - should I drop Hurns considering his schedule (Bills'London', Bye, Jets), and pick up Diggs to see whats up? If he doesn't live up I'm fairly certain I could get Hurns back.

Currently starting Decker/Mike Evans/Martavis Bryant this week so either guy would probably be bench.

Thoughts?

• Locked thread