Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
It would be hilarious if they had added an all-BP or XP-based chargen and Holden was now asking people to not use it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

spectralent posted:

It would be hilarious if they had added an all-BP or XP-based chargen and Holden was now asking people to not use it anyway.

Too bad there's not a chance in hell they did that.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

cybertier posted:

Holden on the OPP forums:

Did I miss that when reading through or did they add an alternate ("advanced") char gen?

DarckRedd posted:

Advanced chargen probably means starting as a character with more dots to throw around in chargen.

He's saying to start at level 1, not level 5.

It's the Advanced Solars chargen, AKA 'start at E2'. Nothing more than that.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nessus posted:

Very well I will save my cybobullying for official OPP employees

I'm gonna give you a swirly.

Bardlebee
Feb 24, 2009

Im Blind.

cybertier posted:

Holden on the OPP forums:

Did I miss that when reading through or did they add an alternate ("advanced") char gen?

May mean "Starting Gritty" as a human to exalt type thing. Be great if they release it today because I would love to start reading it. You know, its only been a 3 year wait.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
It means stuff like enhancing or changing Chargen. There's an Essence 2 Chargen in the book, and a lot of people talk often about how they're gonna transfer their characters over (most of the games I've witnessed using the leak are ongoing games forcibly transitioning from 2E to 3E, sometimes at thousands of points of EXP). Holden's just advising against that and starting the game how it's meant to be started; Essence 1 base chargen, not necessarily start as mortals or whatever.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
Backer PDF is out.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.
:woop:

First impression: cover looks pretty awesome!

E: though on closer inspection there's an unnecessary level of side-boob -_-

Flavivirus fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 22, 2015

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

Backer PDF is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkBMAHUkibY

Bardlebee
Feb 24, 2009

Im Blind.

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

Backer PDF is out.

What? I don't have an email, is it through kickstarter?

EDIT: Seems quite a few people don't yet, must be propagation. I'll wait patiently, happy its out today. :)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gonna DL when I arrive from class

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
Hey, so I just noticed: the game rules use completely separate systems for character generation and in-play advancement? who do I contact about this oversight

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

So remember that picture of the Scarlet Empress everyone was making fun of because of her really awkward leg position? Well, it appears to have been clumsily edited to cover her leg up with more dress.

This is actual professional poo poo that cost seven hundred thousand dollars to make.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Shut the gently caress up you whiny imbecile.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Out with the old, in with the new! According to the Charms section of the table of contents, Archery is gone, and frankly I'm glad - as a skill, it was passe, and should have lumped in with Thrown. Now, say hello to the brand new Sex Ability!

(I am as hype as anyone to finally have it, but looooooooool)

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

exalted's not your dad, man. it's not gonna come home and hit you if it has a bad day at work. relax

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Some of the art is really good but there's like 2 pieces where it was obviously made with some sort of 3D renderer and they're terrible.

Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

Zarick posted:

So remember that picture of the Scarlet Empress everyone was making fun of because of her really awkward leg position? Well, it appears to have been clumsily edited to cover her leg up with more dress.

This is actual professional poo poo that cost seven hundred thousand dollars to make.

At some point I am going to track down the original and edit it myself (does anyone have it handy still?) because I am laughing so hard at that loving leg

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Attorney at Funk posted:

exalted's not your dad, man. it's not gonna come home and hit you if it has a bad day at work. relax

I lost my dad 15 years ago.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Attorney at Funk posted:

Hey, so I just noticed: the game rules use completely separate systems for character generation and in-play advancement? who do I contact about this oversight

Don't worry about it, they thought this through.

Final tip: If your character is going to have any dots in
non-Caste, non-Favored Abilities, it’s best to buy them
right now, rather than later when you’re customizing your
character with bonus points. Caste and Favored Abilities
are much cheaper to buy with bonus points.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

I lost my dad 15 years ago.

if anime has taught us anything, it's taught us that no matter how sad your backstory is, you can still be an annoying moron

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

Ferrinus posted:

Don't worry about it, they thought this through.

Final tip: If your character is going to have any dots in
non-Caste, non-Favored Abilities, it’s best to buy them
right now, rather than later when you’re customizing your
character with bonus points. Caste and Favored Abilities
are much cheaper to buy with bonus points.

Cheers.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

SunAndSpring posted:

Some of the art is really good but there's like 2 pieces where it was obviously made with some sort of 3D renderer and they're terrible.

Look upon me poser art, ye mighty, and despair.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
My first impression: It's pretty, but given the length of time this has been stewing, I'm unimpressed when I look in the Table of Contents and see obvious typos ("SnakeStyle", "Sorcerous Workings4") and missing entries (where's Archery?) literally within 10 seconds of opening the PDF.

Also, the character sheet provided in the book remains as useless as the 2e version.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Attorney at Funk posted:

if anime has taught us anything, it's taught us that no matter how sad your backstory is, you can still be an annoying moron

I'm just really excited by the fact I'm going to finally see the game I spent 130 US Dollars, Exalted 3rs Edition

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Exalted 3rs Edition

Astonishingly-apropos.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I could use that money to buy food for three weeks hahaha. Hahaha.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

RPZip posted:

Look upon me poser art, ye mighty, and despair.

This looks straight from deviantart.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
No changes to Increasing Strength Exercise or Iron Whirlwind Attack. Minor nerf to Fivefold Fury Onslaught, actually one I suggested, namely that you only gain extra damage per attack if the attack actually hits.

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.
lot going on with this font

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Roadie posted:

My first impression: It's pretty, but given the length of time this has been stewing, I'm unimpressed when I look in the Table of Contents and see obvious typos ("SnakeStyle", "Sorcerous Workings4") and missing entries (where's Archery?) literally within 10 seconds of opening the PDF.

Also, the character sheet provided in the book remains as useless as the 2e version.

Page number references are wrong, too (Chapter Six: page 250. Chapter Six, Presentation Format: page 182).

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Crion posted:

lot going on with this font

Roadie posted:

RPZip posted:

Page number references are wrong, too (Chapter Six: page 250. Chapter Six, Presentation Format: page 182).

Exactly how long did layout take again?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

Backer PDF is out.

It... can't... be...?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

GunnerJ posted:

I liked DotFA's setting book at least.

it's given me a lot of fodder for nasty First Age ghosts over the years for sure

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Thug Lessons posted:

No changes to Increasing Strength Exercise or Iron Whirlwind Attack. Minor nerf to Fivefold Fury Onslaught, actually one I suggested, namely that you only gain extra damage per attack if the attack actually hits.

I'd heard secondhand that the developers had talked about sorting the charms by Essence rating to make it easier to page through the giant list of rules not-rule player options. That didn't happen. In fact I really can't figure out what they're sorted by, it's not even alphabetically. Have fun looking through the lists!

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Esser-Z posted:

This looks straight from deviantart.

i really hope turquoise hair there isn't supposed to have Lunar tattoos

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

RPZip posted:

I'd heard secondhand that the developers had talked about sorting the charms by Essence rating to make it easier to page through the giant list of rules not-rule player options. That didn't happen. In fact I really can't figure out what they're sorted by, it's not even alphabetically. Have fun looking through the lists!

Yeah I prefer the leak's style honestly. No flowcharts a la the older editions' books either.

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.
One assumes that whatever's going on with the E in the header font is intentional and stylistic. But if there's a reason for why either version of the E is used when it is, it currently eludes me

edit: it appears the full E is used in headers, and the stupid half-E is used in subheaders, and sometimes the person making headers forgets this and throws them both in there to taste

Crion fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
Falling damage remains completely unchanged, by the way. This being one of the things we were explicitly told was getting reduced. Heaven Thunder Hammer is also the same.

• Locked thread