Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

These two are the best

And I am always right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mighty Dicktron posted:

You took my challenge. Get ready to get destroyed, with dropkicks and a suplex

Miko and Futo are also cool but they have not had much opportunity to interact outside of some vs quotes in the fighting games. So I cannot consider them the best.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

the wildest rear end posted:

These two are the best

And I am always right.

yuyuko is p.sexy

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
She put on a lot of ghost pounds between SWR and HM.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

WarpedNaba posted:

She put on a lot of ghost pounds between SWR and HM.

If I was downgraded to a Stage One boss I would start comfort eating too.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
The secret best crew is the mima conspiracy crew.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

celeron 300a posted:

The secret best crew is the mima conspiracy crew.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I'm just saying Mima to make Nages empty-quote me.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

you need to better then that fucker

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Mima

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think individually I like many other characters better than the EoSD crew, but the SDM group is one of the better casts as a whole.

Though my favourites are still the Taoists because they are crazy supervillains with varying different types of undead among their ranks.

Don't they fight for justice and human safety?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
No, that's Reimu.

Sometimes.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

No that's Mima

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

amuayse posted:

They fight for Miko Is The Best, So If You Guys Want To Be Ruled By Anyone, It Should Probably Be Me, Miko.

Miko is pretty much literally a hands-off supervillain lying in wait for when she's convinced that humans can't govern themselves anymore.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The mima meme

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

memea

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Namtab posted:

EoSD has the best characters is why

What are you talking about Alice isn't in EoSD

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

amuayse posted:

Miko is an ex-supervillain who manufactured a brutal religious war between buddhism and taoism in order to obscure her true motivations of becoming immortal because she's too cool to die unlike everyone else in the world, who would just cause political destabilisation if they achieved immortality. Since she and her buddies are obviously the only ones wise enough to use it responsibly.

Now that she's actually immortal she's become a lot more chill though, and is pretty much done with that whole cause war to meet her own goals thing. She does however think she is the person most qualified to rule the human village if they ever need someone to guide them down the right path. But Marisa convinced her she didn't need to do that and then when she tried to do it anyway in HM she stopped once Kokoro stopped mindcontrolling everyone.

Also, she is good buddies with Seiga who is the most evil touhou and is currently on the run from the law for flaunting her immortality and also resurrecting the dead. Her main pupil is a pyromaniac that murdered Miko's other main disciple and no one seems to care. And in HM Miko's solution to the problem was to remove Kokoro's sentience and turn her into just a pile of masks again, because she was a danger to the humans.

So basically Miko and the Taoists loving own, and are the coolest dudes.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I once did a whole long effortpost about the Taoists and the historical figures they're based upon, but long story short: Miko was the former regent of Japan, Miko's wife is a chill ghost who came from the family that really ran Japan (until they were killed by Mokou's granddad), Miko's mother-in-law is a diminutive pyromaniac who killed her brother to support her husband's family, and Miko's best friend is an evil immortal with zombie slaves.

Miko also has a bitchin cape.

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
Who the gently caress is Mima?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

SirSlarty posted:

a miserable pile of misery some touhou fans like to cling on.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I once did a whole long effortpost about the Taoists and the historical figures they're based upon, but long story short: Miko was the former regent of Japan, Miko's wife is a chill ghost who came from the family that really ran Japan (until they were killed by Mokou's granddad), Miko's mother-in-law is a diminutive pyromaniac who killed her brother to support her husband's family, and Miko's best friend is an evil immortal with zombie slaves.

Miko also has a bitchin cape.

I thought Futo was her Daughter-in-law?

Also, Seiga herself was based on a historical/mythical figure, Qing'e, the chick who converted to Taoism after some dude dug through her bedroom wall to go peeking. She's kind of a villain in that one too.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

WarpedNaba posted:

Also, Seiga herself was based on a historical/mythical figure, Qing'e, the chick who converted to Taoism after some dude dug through her bedroom wall to go peeking. She's kind of a villain in that one too.

Nah. Futo is Tojiko's mum.

So yeah, Futo killed her own daughter.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 21, 2015

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

SirSlarty posted:

I am

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

WarpedNaba posted:

Futo is based on Futohime, wife of the Soga clan leader and presumably mother of Tojiko. Of course records from the Asuka Period are basically nonexistent and there are differing accounts of who married/was related to whom.

WarpedNaba posted:

Yeah that's right, I knew she was based on some Chinese figure but I couldn't remember who.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Why is Renko Usami so under rated

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I was pretty sure Seija was the best :livintrope:

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

Fluo posted:

Because there isn't much to her and Maribel/Merryberry is much more interesting to speculate on.

ULiL giving us Renko's likely ancestor is a pleasant surprise though.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Renko is so lame that ZUN had to make a new character that was just Renko, but cool.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Fluo posted:

For a character who's only in the music cds she's actually pretty popular. She almost broke into the top 20 in the last poll from what I recall. Way higher than Maribel at any rate.

the wildest rear end posted:

Renko is so lame that ZUN had to make a new character that was just Renko, but cool.

She is cool actually. And has a sweet hat and good thoughts about things.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I still think everyone forgot about the Tskumos
The only popular DDC characters seem to be Seija and Shinmyoumaru

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

as it should be

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It is a shame the Tsukomagmi aren't more popular because their themes own. Also I like the idea that since they are basically just forgotten items they can travel through the Hakurei barrier easily because that thing's whole purpose is to let in forgotten stuff. And Raiko is cool because instead of dying like she was supposed to when the miracle mallet's magic ran out she said gently caress that and stole some extra magic from the outside world in order to continue to exist, that is pretty neat.

The real question is why isn't Mamizou more popular? She's not exactly disliked or anything but she seems to be somewhat ignored in the fandom. Which is weird because she is super cool and interesting and has had a lot of focus in multiple games and extra material. Also, she owns.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

amuayse posted:

I still think everyone forgot about the Tskumos
The only popular DDC characters seem to be Seija and Shinmyoumaru

Lots of people like Kagerou which is weird because she's pretty plain.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
People tend to ignore Mamizou because she basically fills the same role Yukari does as a really old sly manipulator, and you know there's no way people will ever let anyone replace Yukari. It's a bit of a shame because she is different enough that she's interesting on her own, though.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
It could be interesting in seeing someone who's a newcomer working to improve her power-base and web of influence vs the old guard who literally administers the entire setting (... mostly by proxy, of course) but people aren't picking up much on there.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Pureauthor posted:

It could be interesting in seeing someone who's a newcomer working to improve her power-base and web of influence vs the old guard who literally administers the entire setting (... mostly by proxy, of course) but people aren't picking up much on there.

What I'm reading here is an endorsement for Clownpiece 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

Trihugger posted:

What I'm reading here is an endorsement for Clownpiece 2016.

I'm picturing Clownpiece as the candidate, Mamizou as her sly and cunning campaign manager, and now I've spent the last five minutes trying to find a way this would be out of place with the clown show we've got now.