Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
That design is real ugly and it's pretty insulting they tested it out and didn't actually fix anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
So this is different:

Woo 3/4ths goon byes. Woo all goons leaving after this season.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Merrill Darr signed and he really is That Good, RIP us

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

AlleyViper posted:

So this is different:

Woo 3/4ths goon byes. Woo all goons leaving after this season.

Are you bailing? I still have my asterisk up (and 3 more seasons unreserved lol) but if everyone else is leaving I will too

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

nasboat posted:

Are you bailing? I still have my asterisk up (and 3 more seasons unreserved lol) but if everyone else is leaving I will too

I'm gone for sure

Also lol some of the teams in that playoff bracket aren't even readable with those colors

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
How good do your scouts think Darr is, because both my draft and advanced scouts still see Duran as marginally better

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

nasboat posted:

I am bailing, yes. There's a part of me that doesn't want to cut bait on this group when it's still so good and a bunch of guys I've had put together for so long, but I really would like to cut back on a team and I figure it's best just to rip the bandaid off.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

My team is actually on the cusp of being really good but I have to take a moral stand against whatever the gently caress happened there in chat and sitemails and such

e: best last place team ever?????

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

AL North is going to be a dogfight. I really want to bring up Braulio Canseco, but I really shouldn't just yet.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

well poo poo it's like y'all called my bluff and now I have to decide if I want to pull back the asterisk and bail too

guh

I'm torn because on one half I also want to drop teams and I also would like to stand in solidarity against all that bullshit, but by the same token I could continue to have a good team and just ignore everybody and everything but still beat sermon every year. I've seriously not responded to any of the TCs or sitemails I got from him or logman and I don't know that I ever will say anything again if I do stay

e2: this is all my fault for bailing on being commish and I'm surprised you all haven't given me more poo poo. I could've stopped all this! (probably not because I would've flipped the gently caress out about the Durham stuff and MWRs)

nasboat fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 17, 2015

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Might need to replace New Orleans

e: I'm not sure why I was able to snag Pascual Posada but I thank y'all.

AlleyViper fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Oct 17, 2015

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

has anyone else noticed if you reject a trade that had a note attached when it was proposed to you, that the note propagates into the box and if you don't change it, you literally reject the offer and include the exact same note the other person wrote (and look like an idiot)

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

What is pythag

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

sermonauthor posted:

This is the $5 stipend due commissioners at season's end. You earned this. Best wishes.

He gave me a $5 gift certificate and just on principal I don't want to use it.

Also I just realized the terrible truth of his name since all he delivers are sermons about the purity of HBD.

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.

AlleyViper posted:

What is pythag

Bob has been trying to fix it, someone help him out (he's on twitter @atbobb)

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

D. Elcano injured, out...

...2-5 days

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

loving hilarious that they would let something that looks this bad go live

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Should post that in the forum thread

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Should post that in the forum thread

Well it's not like they've fixed any of the other bugs I've reported over the last two months

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Good point, save the bandwidth

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I really hate this division

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Really wish I had saved my money for Corcino. Good god.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

I can't rest enough guys to make the games against New Orleans competitive.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

ArtVandelay posted:

Really wish I had saved my money for Corcino. Good god.

Yeah, I wish I had seen him instead of James. Would have been a much better use of that $14.5M

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.
here's what I saw in INTL scouting:

Here's where he is now:

oh heck yeah

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

This has been a really great year for internationals.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Holy poo poo less than 14 mil. Nobody see him or is everybody just tapped already?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

I saw him but I already got my stud starter this season.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Welp, the averages have been removed from individual budget pages so no more peaking at what other players' scouting is at.

Also, I understand removing scouting from view, even if I disagree, but man do I hate removing training/medical from view. It was a nice way of evaluating players and being able to tell if seasonal or in-season declines were due to early aging or just an owner being lovely with a 6 training or some poo poo. Or being able to tell which owners to look down my nose at for harming their prospect growth.

AlleyViper fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 20, 2015

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

this new design is such garbage

the new place where trade proposals and players needing assignment shows up

these links don't work for me. I have to go through other parts of the menu.

Also as far as I can tell there is not a single place that tells you that you have a new trade chat (I had one but I had to go to the trade chat page to check it, manually)

gently caress you WIS

e: apparently the top menu only has room for 3 things? i rejected the trade offer and it removed the middle and far right links, and now when I get a new TC i can see it. but before, it looked like the picture above. THIS IS SO POORLY DONE.

nasboat fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Oct 22, 2015

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

They did have the old list on the side of the screen, they literally just changed it to this hours ago.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Trade proposals in the new wis are wet rear end to go through

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Two-time all-star Roosevelt Bolick :yum:

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Holy poo poo, Clemens just filled after like 4 months. Time to make the world series again!

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
The new franchise and World center are completely incoherent.

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

Fortunately, the people found a mighty Rosenthal, called Trevor.

I probably have more trouble getting to what I want on this new design on my browser than I ever did in the old version on my phone.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

gyroball posted:

I probably have more trouble getting to what I want on this new design on my browser than I ever did in the old version on my phone.

Yeah I actually kind of like it when I'm at work checking things on my phone, but when it comes to actually sitting down at my PC to get deep into the game I can't even stand it

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

It's really unclear to me what I'm paying for at this point. The new layout is terrible, it's buggier and uglier than it was in the test world, and the game is starting to feel stale.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Just decided to rest a guy and yeah, sure, that's way easier than just changing his position to "R". Uh huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I don't really know what advantage a dedicated rest section is even supposed to provide.

• Locked thread