Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Baal posted:

The idea that Goku not being on guard 100% of the time while being in God Mode

That's not really how it works, though like I said. If he's just sitting there, he's not boosting his stats because that's what Goku does. He would have put 100 points into "defense" if he saw Freeza doing something, but if ChiChi clocked him over the head from behind, he'd get knocked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Darko posted:

That's not really how it works, though like I said. If he's just sitting there, he's not boosting his stats because that's what Goku does. He would have put 100 points into "defense" if he saw Freeza doing something, but if ChiChi clocked him over the head from behind, he'd get knocked out.

see also, krillin breaking his face with a rock

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Do you think we'll ever see ultra-ripped 8 foot tall Mr. Satan from the Cell Games again? He really let himself go and shrank a couple feet.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Rirse posted:

Is there a reason why Team Four Star keeps wasting their time doing the unfunny Final Fantasy VII Abridged over Dragon Ball Z?

I'm guessing that people find it funny, and that's ok

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Do you think we'll ever see ultra-ripped 8 foot tall Mr. Satan from the Cell Games again? He really let himself go and shrank a couple feet.

Might as well ask when Videl is going to clamber out of that hole and reveal to the whole cast that she had been abducted and replaced with a chibi-robotic impostor sometime between Dragonball Z and Super.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

pigtail videl was better than short hair videl

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

just felt like i needed to get that off my chest

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I agree

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Short hair Videl beat the poo poo out of Mr. Steroids tho (disclaimer I haven't watched the Buu saga since I was a kid because Buu Kai doesn't have a dub yet)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She did and then he kept getting back up. RIP Videl you would never be cool again.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

earlier today goku was handcuffed and being led to bad dad jail by krillen through a crowd of reporters, when koala face emerged and laser ringed him in the gut. goku died later on the way to the hospital :rip:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Darko posted:

why didnt anyone kill frieza or cell then

checkmate

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

why didnt anyone kill frieza or cell then

checkmate

They almost did kill Frieza, Krillin took off his tail.

Cell just regenerated from poo poo.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Why didn't someone just shoot frieza in his sleep

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

WHY DIDNT GULDO CARRY A GUN

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
If the planet Earth exists in universe 6, does this mean there might also be a planet Vegeta? Unless it also got blown up, but Champa looks pretty lazy.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Stairmaster posted:

frieza was well known for his strict gun control, death panels, and a uhc program he named friezacare

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

RIP SSJGSSJ, say hello to SSJ Blue

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Stairmaster posted:

because killing someone with sharpened trees is rad.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I watched Resurrection F for the first time this week. It is really cool! I very much enjoyed watching it.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I liked it but not as much as BoG

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like Beerus

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i_zJ2RQnxo

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

this is cool but i don't like the japanese dub and prefer the original american

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Fuego Fish posted:

If the planet Earth exists in universe 6, does this mean there might also be a planet Vegeta? Unless it also got blown up, but Champa looks pretty lazy.

Since the idea is that, as 'paired' Earths, 6 and 7 are closer reflections of each other, I'd probably lean on got blown up and the twist is that Goku actually made good on the whole 'kill all the humans, sell the planet for profit' idea.

I would be legit be surprised if they actually did something creative with this.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Astro Nut posted:

Since the idea is that, as 'paired' Earths, 6 and 7 are closer reflections of each other, I'd probably lean on got blown up and the twist is that Goku actually made good on the whole 'kill all the humans, sell the planet for profit' idea.

I would be legit be surprised if they actually did something creative with this.

if its not the king piccolo vs red ribbon army thing I'm gonna be PISSED

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Farecoal posted:

this is cool but i don't like the japanese dub and prefer the original american

Agreed

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Astro Nut posted:

Turles becomes canon

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Aurora posted:

RIP SSJGSSJ, say hello to SSJ Blue

this is good because we can have a whole range of SSJ Colors culminating in Super Saiyan Rainbow

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

When I first saw Beerus I though he would be awful and thought his design sucked.

Now I think he's great and his design owns. I am glad he exists.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Kild posted:

if its not the king piccolo vs red ribbon army thing I'm gonna be PISSED

So describe to me why this would be good other than the echo chamber said so.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

sharktamer posted:

So describe to me why this would be good other than the echo chamber said so.

Tell me why it's bad

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Well if you're expecting normal ground troops battles, that's not DBZ. If you're expecting some DARK war scenario, that's really not Dragon ball. If you're expecting the actual main forces battling each other, then the Piccolo top threats were a whole tier of power above the RR ones. How could it ever be good?

Well gently caress you made me :goonsay:

sharktamer fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Oct 23, 2015

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The whole thing with that scenario is that it came up from an npc in Xenoverse who talked about having to deal with a reality where that happened (with Babidi and friends showing up later), I imagine it wouldn't be like a grimdark war reality like you're talking about

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

And I mean gently caress maybe Gero actually got his Androids done by the time King Piccolo shows up and can put up a real fight

Also it's not like there aren't already dark alternate timelines as it stands (Cell's, Trunks')

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Yeah it's a cool scenario as a little aside mention in Xenoverse, but I don't care even a little about seeing it played out for real in Super. I just want to see Goku or Vegeta or if we're lucky Piccolo shoot beams at a robot or a demon or a monster or whatever.

I guess I'm just overreacting but this is SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY meme level poo poo and it annoys me.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I just hope it doesn't end up like that Otherworld Tournament arc and Goku just clowns everyone except for the one guy they decided to flesh out a tiny little bit before forgetting about it entirely the next time he was on screen during the Buu saga.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

New Leaf posted:

I just hope it doesn't end up like that Otherworld Tournament arc and Goku just clowns everyone except for the one guy they decided to flesh out a tiny little bit before forgetting about it entirely the next time he was on screen during the Buu saga.

No Yamcha really is the strongest human.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Well it's just gonna be a best of 5 isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Does anyone feel like making an OP that isn't super bad now that Amorphous Blob is on permaprobation

• Locked thread