Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

My game was going so well, but then I had a 30 year lull with back to back to back regencies. Had my ruler die, and had to wait 3 years for a replacement, then that replacement immediately had an heir and died, waited 15 for his replacement then that ruler did the same exact thing, had an heir and immediately died. Then I waited 10 years and got one of the Women of History events and ended up with a pretty great 5/4/5 ruler (Kösem Sultan, apparently those are her minimum stats too), but I don't think it was worth the wait!

Sometimes the game just doesn't want you to accomplish all of your goals!

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Wiz posted:

Diplomatic Feedback dev diary is up.

This is amazing. It blows any AI diplomacy system from any other 4x/grand strategy game I've ever played out of the water.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tendronai posted:

From Wiz's twitter, 1.14 cements itself as Best Patch by adding a continue button.

This is nice, but you know what would be even better? Game save folders.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Star posted:

:eyepop:
This will potentially be the best expansion ever.

There is no potentially about it. Amazing stuff. As if I weren't already anxiously awaiting it.

Edit: if I'm England, allied to Spain, and Austria is Spain's ally, and we all get in a war together, and I give some land to Austria, what happens? Do I gain favor/trust with Austria, even though we weren't allied? Do I get some credit with Spain? Nothing?

Edit edit: cross religious group penalties to trust/favor gain? Abolished or reduced by religious/humanist idea groups?

Fintilgin fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 22, 2015

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Could we also have a button/option to upgrade mercs?
I assume you can borrow some code from how it works with ships.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Diplomatic feedback looks incredible and is something that has been sorely needed in EU for years.

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.
Yeah this dev diary really seals the deal. I'm also liking all the little unmentioned UI changes.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Still waiting for the "tabbing out works on a Mac" dev diary. :ironicat:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

OperaMouse posted:

Could we also have a button/option to upgrade mercs?
Yeah, holding off on calling it a perfect upgrade unless we get something that makes upgrading mercs less tedious.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

frankenfreak posted:

Yeah, holding off on calling it a perfect upgrade unless we get something that makes upgrading mercs less tedious.

Mercs upgrade automatically in 1.14.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
Has the 'declare colonial war' thing been discussed yet? If it's a way to make colonial wars not end in 'siege European capitals' that's fantastic too.

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.

Wiz posted:

You're actually the best.

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

This is nice, but you know what would be even better? Game save folders.

If you are saving local you can just make a folder in the explorer and it works.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Wiz posted:

Mercs auto-upgrading, not having to mess with a merc pool, and mercs in the army planner are probably the top 3 quality of life features for me.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Wiz posted:

You magnificent, beautiful man you!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Wiz posted:

:stwoon:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Wiz posted:

Do you have any idea how many neckbeards have erections thanks to you?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Obliterati posted:

Has the 'declare colonial war' thing been discussed yet? If it's a way to make colonial wars not end in 'siege European capitals' that's fantastic too.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-dev-diary-october-15th-2015.886882/#post-20087332

But it's only for declaring on overseas targets. As a European, it seems you can't use it to attack another European's colonial possessions. Though maybe you can use it on CNs?

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 22, 2015

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Wiz posted:

:shepspends:

Cossacks will be the best waste of money ever

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Sorced posted:

If you are saving local you can just make a folder in the explorer and it works.

I had no idea. Thanks!

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

:shepspends:

Cossacks will be the best waste of money ever

Enjoying yourself has never been a waste of money.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I was playing England and agreed to have a Tudor heir. Like not even two months later he got sick and died and got replaced by somebody of the original dynasty. Lol glad the Tudors won't be mad about that.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Wiz posted:

Diplomatic Feedback dev diary is up.

Lots of awesome stuff. I especially like this:

quote:

Setting your attitude allows other AI countries to understand your intents towards that nation and react accordingly: Your subjects will fabricate claims on countries you are Hostile to,

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004
My main concern: is there any kind of autopilot or default that will work? I have enough trouble getting new people into EU that it would be nice if they could ignore the feature entirely and still scoot by when they're learning the game.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
There's a check box for "manage attitude" for each nation, so I assume if that's not set the AI just falls back on the old behavior.

Which makes sense, there's no way they would expect the player to set an explicit attitude for every nation neighboring them and any of their allies. (And it can't default to neutral because that has effects.)

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
e:^^ yeah that's actually something I was wondering, if there could be a quick-select attitudes thing like you can do with nations of special interest by right clicking their flag. having to open the diplomacy screen, change to the attitudes tab, and click on an attitude for like 20 countries every new game might get a bit tedious.

It's not enabled if they don't have the DLC, just get them to disable it.

Koramei fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 22, 2015

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Can you set to be friendly with someone who rivals you?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The province of interest thing is the best part because it was so supremely annoying when you'd conquer some random province and say, Austria suddenly flips to -200 and rivals you because they really really want that province. Except they would usually not even have a claim or core so you're just totally confused why they want it.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

Is choosing the +RT events in the Venice events the way to go? Doesn't forming Byzantium make you an empire and thus make republican tradition worthless?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Dorkopotamis posted:

Is choosing the +RT events in the Venice events the way to go? Doesn't forming Byzantium make you an empire and thus make republican tradition worthless?

Emphatically yes, that's the main reason you're doing Venice -> Byzantium in the first place. Normally Venice loses at least one of those by event in a few decades, so even they don't usually keep the full +0.6/year RT bonus but Byzantium will.

Forming Byz does make you empire-level government but does not switch you to a monarchy, you stay a Merchant Republic.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Please include a pop-up warning for truce breaking.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Baron Porkface posted:

Oh god yes this

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011
My only question about the diplomatic feedback is about what will happen if a player or their ally is forced to annul an alliance. Will the trust and favors be reset to their starting values or will they carry over once the alliance is picked up again?

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Baron Porkface posted:

Yep, my Big Blue Blob attempt was completely ruined by me playing while inebriated and not noticing that the country I had decided to target next was still under truce. It was in the HRE and literally all of Europe coalitioned me and wiped the floor with me. They wouldn't peace out until they had forced me to release close to 20 provinces.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Wiz posted:

:vince:

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Baron Porkface posted:

Please!

The penalty can fall below the scroll box and come as a surprise if you're not paying attention.

Stuff like this is why I never play ironman. TV blasting in the other room, wife leaning around the corner to ask me a question, cat walking back and forth in front of the monitor...

gently caress screwing up a 20+ hour game because of a misclick/hidden info!

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Fintilgin posted:

Please!

The penalty can fall below the scroll box and come as a surprise if you're not paying attention.

Stuff like this is why I never play ironman. TV blasting in the other room, wife leaning around the corner to ask me a question, cat walking back and forth in front of the monitor...

gently caress screwing up a 20+ hour game because of a misclick/hidden info!

It does suck when it happens, but I honestly find it can be fun to roll with it. Other than the case of timed achievements, it's not the end of the world. I pretend there was a diplomatic error and my empire accidentally declared war. Blame the bureaucracy!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Please make it so that text boxes that fill the entire screen have some way to see what's cut off. The worst offender I found recently was the decision as Byzantium to reform the theme system, which has so many "name of X province changes to Y" effects that you can't actually see what the larger effects will be on your nation.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!

vyelkin posted:

Please make it so that text boxes that fill the entire screen have some way to see what's cut off. The worst offender I found recently was the decision as Byzantium to reform the theme system, which has so many "name of X province changes to Y" effects that you can't actually see what the larger effects will be on your nation.

Oh god yes, some sort of scrolling box would be great for these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
It's really probably too late for EUIV, but I wish they'd redo the interface to be more like HOI with full screen tabs instead of trying to cram everything and all the expansions into that tiny little interface box on the left.

• Locked thread