Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So much like everything warhammer and 40k related we are fighting a battle that ultimately doesn't matter because some other assholes just come by later and ruin everything you just accomplished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

GW was still REALLY sore Chaos got its rear end kicked in the last big campaign, I guess.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Night10194 posted:

GW was still REALLY sore Chaos got its rear end kicked in the last big campaign, I guess.

they really were; Archaon aka THE EVERCHAMPION OF ALL CHAOS or whatever gets a lot of moments where he murders people that are considered better characters, in particular dudes that made him look bad during mark of chaos

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Night10194 posted:

Well, considering that their entire mantra is and has always been "CHAOSCHAOSCHAOS" getting their Chaos boner roundly stomped probably gave them a huge chip on their shoulders.

Also, of course, they could rebrand everything now for copyright so that they can milk teenagers who have yet to discover tits and booze for every last drop of their meager worth.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Badly Jester posted:

Well, I would've thought they'd want to create different armies to sell more models, but I guess not.

This way they only have to make one set of models and can still sell all of their paints and stuff. Now they can spend all of their time rolling around in piles of money instead of wasting it making unique models.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The lobby browser in this is the biggest tease. I find a game I want to join then NOPE, AUTO REFRESH.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Is the empire soldier as bad rear end as his video makes him look?
Cause drat if that repeating rifle and great hammer doesn't look amazing

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Kruber is exactly as awesome as his mustache.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

When this game drops like 4 Stormvermin, a Globadier, and a Rat-ogre at the same time on you while you're on a tiny staircase you can't even complain about the pubbies for your death. This was on normal.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Today I've dropped a Grimoire by mistake and Nuffle has rewarded me by having me roll perfect dice at the end. I've got a blue repeater (yeah, normal difficulty) with 10% ammo regeneration on kill (by far the best item in my meagre collection) :black101:

Cowstomper
Oct 16, 2005

In Warhammer Fantasy lore, Vermintide is the Skaven's annual feasting holiday in honor of the Horned Rat. So in effect, this game is really just about some people ruining some ratmen's big Christmas party.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
You've got to enjoy getting to a wide open area then realising two ratling gunners have the high ground on either side of you and both are focusing you. You don't get a much more panicky search for cover and then you get time spent wondering "why haven't the pubbies killed them yet?"

Then you realise one has stopped firing at you, turn around, and discover it is because on of the pubbies has decided to stand between you and it at point blank range and is now dead.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Gimnbo posted:

When this game drops like 4 Stormvermin, a Globadier, and a Rat-ogre at the same time on you while you're on a tiny staircase you can't even complain about the pubbies for your death. This was on normal.

Yea, I've had hard runs on Smugglers Run where no Rat Ogres showed up and others where one shows up right at the start with a couple of gunners as back-up :negative:

Theswarms posted:

You've got to enjoy getting to a wide open area then realising two ratling gunners have the high ground on either side of you and both are focusing you. You don't get a much more panicky search for cover and then you get time spent wondering "why haven't the pubbies killed them yet?"

Then you realise one has stopped firing at you, turn around, and discover it is because on of the pubbies has decided to stand between you and it at point blank range and is now dead.

It amazes me just how many people completely ignore the audio cues that tell you you're about to meet a world of hurt if you're not careful. "For Clan Eshin!" "There's a Gutter Runner around here!" *dumbass pubbie bumblefucks off into the distance and gets himself ambushed* :ughh:

MadJackMcJack fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Oct 22, 2015

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Wow, last update made the game run infinitely better in my laptop, drat.

Liberal_L33t
Apr 9, 2005

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
Personally, I was pretty okay with the whole 'End Times, everything dies, Chaos breaks loose and wins' plot. I mean, they'd been belaboring the point about the world being doomed, the inevitability of Chaos, and the apocalypse being right around the corner for years. I'd consider it a pretty huge cop-out if the "good" guys managed to save everything through some last-minute scheme. People make fun of the 'grimdarkness' of this setting, and it does veer pretty close to self-parody at times, but you have to remember that for a lot of fans, the gothic grimness and baroque fatalism of the setting was what made them love it. If a huge portion of your game's lore involves hyping the end of the world it's bad form not to go through with it at some point.

So no, I don't fault GW's handling of the End Times event at all. What I fault them for is the awful, awful fantasy-space-marines and the incredibly obvious sidelining of everybody who isn't them.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Night10194 posted:

Kruber is exactly as awesome as his mustache.

He's my favorite hero

also hope DLC has this guy

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Liberal_L33t posted:

If a huge portion of your game's lore involves hyping the end of the world it's bad form not to go through with it at some point.

Can't wait for End Times 40k edition!

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Gimnbo posted:

This is the part where everyone lobs their bombs and sees who gets that sweet 4xcommander multi-kill.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Musluk posted:

I'm unironically looking forward to Age of Emprah from both a comedy and an "I'd like someone else to own the IP rights" perspective

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Gimnbo posted:

this seems to happen waaaay too often on the hidden bookcase at the start of the wizard's tower

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006

KlavoHunter posted:

If you're referring to the game with me and some other goons doing first-time Wizard Tower, we managed to beat that after you left. :( Sorry, I should have picked something less confusing for your first map!

Nah, that post was from before I got on Mumble. I was definitely the dumb one in the goon groups later (which were a vast improvement).

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Gimnbo posted:

Even 1 packmaster and 2 gutter runners at once is enough to make you wipe.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
stuff like that is why marking is very important. stormvermin in particular can be corralled and dealt with fairly easily if youre aware of them; where they gently caress you up is when you get blindsided by two that proceed to gut you before you can understand why youre already dead

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Musluk posted:

Isn't the endgame for 40k straight up "A REAL hive fleet, instead of just tendrils, arrives, Tryanids win, devour all life in the galaxy, gg."

I mean that'd be neat but not leave them with many places to go with the setting.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
Nothing like spending half an hour doing Horn of Magnus and then having everyone die ON TOP of the elevator down. Hook rats are the worst during a swarm.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Isn't the endgame for 40k straight up "A REAL hive fleet, instead of just tendrils, arrives, Tryanids win, devour all life in the galaxy, gg."

Man, loving every race except, like, the Tau has its own apocalypse scenario in 40k. Chaos gets its poo poo together, Orks unite for the ultimate WAAAAAGH, the Emprah is reborn, etc, etc.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Mordja posted:

Man, loving every race except, like, the Tau has its own apocalypse scenario in 40k. Chaos gets its poo poo together, Orks unite for the ultimate WAAAAAGH, the Emprah is reborn, etc, etc.

Yeah, but the Tyranid thing is the one that was predicted by the Eldar.

I thought Tau had a harmony victory or something.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Yeah, but the Tyranid thing is the one that was predicted by the Eldar.

I thought Tau had a harmony victory or something.

That'd be the greatest thing. Tau end the setting by achieving a Civ-style diplomatic victory.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Mordja posted:

The Eldar don't have much chance of accomplishing much either, except maybe reincarnating as a god and finally kicking Slanesh in his 50 penises.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Captain Oblivious posted:

I'm finding the Arming Sword for Kruber surprisingly effective. Swings fast and has a very wide and predictable arc to it. Juggling a Gutter Runner to death with rapid charge slashes is a good feel.

I'm pretty bad at sword and board on the other hand. The shield kinda fucks up my peripheral vision.

Quoting this because I just did a run with the arming sword and you are a slicing, dicing, side-swiping machine. I might be biased because mine has more push. I shoved so many Stormvermin into the pit at the end of Wizard's Tower.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Skandranon posted:

The Eldar don't have much chance of accomplishing much either, except maybe reincarnating as a god and finally kicking Slanesh in his 50 penises.

Killing Slaanesh could conceivably lessen the pressure on the Emperor and let him project his power more/better. It would also weaken Chaos as a whole.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Night10194 posted:

I like to imagine our heroes will prevent all that stupid bullshit. I'm sure it won't be the case due to GW holding creative control some, but I just imagine Kruber and company standing around bantering with a Celestial Wizard about 'Holy poo poo, we prevented THAT? gently caress yeah, high fives and beer all around!' and then walking off into the sunset.

"Look I know we haven't seen each other for a while Dori, but I need you to blow up the moon"

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Mordja posted:

Tau victory condition is a science victory, where they get stuff on par with the pre-heresy imperium. At that point they'd be pretty much unstoppable. The only problem is that every other faction is going to hit its win condition way before the Tau can mass produce that kind of poo poo.

There's also the potential for a diplomatic victory but that poo poo isn't happening in the setting that is commonly introduced with "there is only war".

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Demiurge4 posted:

Killing Slaanesh could conceivably lessen the pressure on the Emperor and let him project his power more/better. It would also weaken Chaos as a whole.

Still hoping for the planet sized Orks to arrive, eat all the Tyranid, and make bros with the Emperror.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Gimnbo posted:

This was the primary complaint that I dropped while filling out the beta feedback form. The game works fine, but the special spawns are out of control. There needs to be a global cap on them or something.

Liberal_L33t posted:

So no, I don't fault GW's handling of the End Times event at all. What I fault them for is the awful, awful fantasy-space-marines and the incredibly obvious sidelining of everybody who isn't them.
That's basically exactly what everyone else is mad about too. If you want to compare it to 40k, you very quickly get used to the idea that whoever this guy you like is? He's dead. Don't get up in your head about it, just accept it. Dude is dead, or might as well be with the whole loving off beyond the veil thing that's going on. Killing off a bunch of people in an awesome, cataclysmic mutual annihilation is awesome. The problem is replacing it with a creatively bankrupt knockoff for the express reason that you can copyright them more easily.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Oct 23, 2015

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I feel like slowing packmasters down about 20% would be a reasonable adjustment. Even game balance aside, the fact that they move as fast while dragging someone as you can run is really silly.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Got my first orange drop

Chance to pierce/Chance to heal/Quicker reload

Seems good overall, but I kinda like the blunderbuss now despite how negative people seem towards it. Thing is simply great for sweeping waves of rats, and I like having the rifle butt on hand to finish off stragglers without needing to swap back to my melee.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Coolguye posted:

This was the primary complaint that I dropped while filling out the beta feedback form. The game works fine, but the special spawns are out of control. There needs to be a global cap on them or something.

No there doesn't. Part of the charm is that sometimes you just get hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Sometimes things get so unfair that all you can do is laugh. I definitely get frustrated with the wild difficulty range but I'd be a bit sad to see that go.

• Locked thread