Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Boosted_C5 posted:

And I like Christie. But he, along with the other 3, are simply wasting space and speaking time. They're not contenders.

I don't like Chris Christie at all, but it's very telling how he is being politically crucified for the crime of 'graciously accepting federal help in a time of desperate need'.

Grace is literally not allowed in a GOP candidate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

I don't think making one apology for one mildly insensitive tweet is the final nail in the Trump coffin, or even actually a big deal at all. Trump's thing is more that he doesn't apologize when he isn't wrong, not that he rejects the entire concept of apologies. An intern hosed up, it was corrected and apologized for reasonably, he's moving on. The idiots posting here who think that Trump should start insulting those darn flyover Midwesterners who don't matter even harder are really, really stupid.

Your bitterness is palpable.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

katlington posted:

Your bitterness is palpable.

Not really. The claim that this of all things will sink Trump is really stupid.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

fronz posted:

Not really. The claim that this of all things will sink Trump is really stupid.

Referring to top bunk wankers sniping, not trumps latest hit.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Ignite Memories posted:

I don't like Chris Christie at all, but it's very telling how he is being politically crucified for the crime of 'graciously accepting federal help in a time of desperate need'.

Grace is literally not allowed in a GOP candidate.

Well, he's an idiot. He could have spent 4 years quietly making up with the right, but instead he ran a very centrist campaign for re-election and then shut down a bridge because a democratic mayor wouldn't endorse him.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Chris Christie is human garbage. Many people knew that well before Bridgegate. And I won't forget the Democrats in New Jersey who tolerated his march to reelection as governor for the sake of their own political convenience.

I'm glad Trump stopped him from becoming the straight-talker of the election season. Seeing Christie and Jindal's political stock crash and burn are among the most cathartic developments of this election season.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Echo Chamber posted:

Seeing Christie and Jindal's political stock crash and burn are among the most cathartic developments of this election season.

Jindal did that to himself years ago. I'm not sure why he decided to run at all.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Echo Chamber posted:

Seeing Christie and Jindal's political stock crash and burn are among the most cathartic developments of this election season.

Scott Walker's embarrassing flame-out would like a word with you

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Its all over when jeb releases the document that shows trump was born in mexico

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

A local (NH) Facebook group kind of devolved into crimes racism when discussion of a Boston charity that started raising money in a busy intersection in town started. Those raising funds were all black in a town that is probably 95%+ white. People were concerned about having "street beggars" in traffic, and how they were uncomfortable having these people approach their vehicle. When someone raised the question "would you feel the same way if they were white?" the jig was up and without even trying to answer a number of the posters went into not-a-racist defense mode citing how they were planning on or considering voting for Mr. Carson.

I'm not saying his supporters are closet racists, but there are certainly some people who would feel pretty good about ending racism by voting for him.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

katlington posted:

Referring to top bunk wankers sniping, not trumps latest hit.

excuse me he is non-partisan and only posts in republican bashing threads.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Nonsense posted:

excuse me he is non-partisan and only posts in republican bashing threads.
I too feel wronged by top bunk wanker

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Trump is one of the best things to happen to Americas lovely two party system.

I support trump for the gop nomination.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
"top bunk wankers sniping" was a really weird mental image until i realized there was a username in there.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

The tweet thing probably won't do much damage to Trump, but it's true we haven't seen how he works in an environment where he's not benefiting from the self-fulfilling aura of the frontrunner pulverising the opposition. Slipping in Iowa isn't a big problem for him in itself but if it changes the media narrative he feeds on he could have some trouble.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'm more interested in seeing him in an environment where the majority of voters aren't insane.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Powercrazy posted:

Trump is one of the best things to happen to Americas lovely two party system.

I support trump for the gop nomination.

yeah its all fun and games until hillary or bernie fails to stump the trump and then its time to dehumanize ourselves and face to bloodshed

like im actually worried trump has a non zero chance at the presidency

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm more interested in seeing him in an environment where the majority of voters aren't insane.

I too want to see Trump become the first Moon President.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Tough competition from Gingrich for that office.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

babypolis posted:

yeah its all fun and games until hillary or bernie fails to stump the trump and then its time to dehumanize ourselves and face to bloodshed

like im actually worried trump has a non zero chance at the presidency

I'm not. Just take an informal poll of your social group (a bias group to be sure) of the group are any of them who identify as democrats going to vote for trump over Hillary (or sanders)?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Mega64 posted:

I too want to see Trump become the first Moon President.

I walked into that one

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 18, 2016

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Gregoriev posted:

Some choice snaps from the Trump south carolina snapchat account:

I never considered the possibility that "first against the wall" might have to include an entire high school full of minors, but so be it. :commissar:

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

showbiz_liz posted:

Yeah, they like Carson because he's a way for them to pretend they aren't racist. "Oh, nooo, we don't hate black people! Just black people who fail to fit into our incredibly narrow definition of how it's acceptable for a black person to behave!"

This is a child-like understanding of how racism actually functions.

Mitt Romney posted:

Trump just trumped himself. All it takes are minor signs of weakness (bad polling) and he's gonna crumble.

Any day now! No way he'll ever top 10% in the polls. Seriously goons have been predicting the end up Trump for how long now?

tsa fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 23, 2015

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

This forum is pretty drat hot on "Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed" right now, eh?

Also, "a wet fart." Wet farts are in fashion in these parts.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
I hope Ted Cruz gets hosed in some spectacular fashion.

Like, he tries to go to the RNC as the reconciliation candidate between Trump and the rest of the party and gets rebuffed, then he goes to Trump to beg to be VP, Trump tells him he's going to get "made," and then Cruz goes out like Joe Pesci in Goodfellas.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Powercrazy posted:

I'm not. Just take an informal poll of your social group (a bias group to be sure) of the group are any of them who identify as democrats going to vote for trump over Hillary (or sanders)?

'Just take a small biased sample', lol.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

tsa posted:

'Just take a small biased sample', lol.

lol

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Ben Carson wants to abolish Medicare.

I'm sure that'll go over well with prospective voters.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
I asked myself, and I'm voting for Bernie, so I predict all 50 states will go 100% Bernie, 0% Hillary. On to the general, 100% Bernie, 0% Trump.

Margin of error +/- 100%

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Base Camp Blanket posted:

This forum is pretty drat hot on "Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed" right now, eh?

Also, "a wet fart." Wet farts are in fashion in these parts.

I've started to incorporate wet fart into regular conversation

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

De Nomolos posted:

I hope Ted Cruz gets hosed in some spectacular fashion.

Like, he tries to go to the RNC as the reconciliation candidate between Trump and the rest of the party and gets rebuffed, then he goes to Trump to beg to be VP, Trump tells him he's going to get "made," and then Cruz goes out like Joe Pesci in Goodfellas.

I'd rather Trump take him away and get him the hell out of this state, the little fucker has done a poo poo load of damage.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Fuschia tude posted:

Jindal did that to himself years ago. I'm not sure why he decided to run at all.

He's term limited out of office and just about everyone in Louisiana really, really hates him. Trying a hail-mary based on that one effervescent moment he had back in Obama's first term as the GOP golden boy isn't the worst idea he's ever had (not that that's saying much, of course).

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Captain_Maclaine posted:

He's term limited out of office and just about everyone in Louisiana really, really hates him. Trying a hail-mary based on that one effervescent moment he had back in Obama's first term as the GOP golden boy isn't the worst idea he's ever had (not that that's saying much, of course).

All the poo poo talking at Trump is probably an audition for Fox News, too.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Full Battle Rattle posted:

I asked myself, and I'm voting for Bernie, so I predict all 50 states will go 100% Bernie, 0% Hillary. On to the general, 100% Bernie, 0% Trump.

Margin of error +/- 100%

Actually, the margin of error is more like +/- 100- 100%*(1/300,000,000)) since you're definitly not wrong about your own voting intentions.

/
:spergin:

Although is it perhaps possible that you could lie to yourself about your voting intentions? Perhaps your Ego causes you to claim to support Bernie, when in reality the Id cannot resist Trump's fierce, primal charisma.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Cf. Chris Christie

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Mr. Powers posted:

A local (NH) Facebook group kind of devolved into crimes racism when discussion of a Boston charity that started raising money in a busy intersection in town started. Those raising funds were all black in a town that is probably 95%+ white. People were concerned about having "street beggars" in traffic, and how they were uncomfortable having these people approach their vehicle. When someone raised the question "would you feel the same way if they were white?" the jig was up and without even trying to answer a number of the posters went into not-a-racist defense mode citing how they were planning on or considering voting for Mr. Carson.

I'm not saying his supporters are closet racists, but there are certainly some people who would feel pretty good about ending racism by voting for him.

Well obviously. Republicans aren't any different than dems

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

DaveWoo posted:

Ben Carson wants to abolish Medicare.

I'm sure that'll go over well with prospective voters.

Ben Carson is an insane person, and I honestly cannot wait until voters become aware of this.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Lotka Volterra posted:

Ben Carson is an insane person, and I honestly cannot wait until voters become aware of this.

2000 dollars is what, 13 seconds of neurosurgery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

sullat posted:

2000 dollars is what, 13 seconds of neurosurgery?

That's enough to get your carcass shoved in a trash bag and dumped in a ditch alongside the interstate

• Locked thread