Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
"Oh hey, the thread title changed, I wonder what happened?"

"Oh cool, new Jojolion..."

:catstare:

That did not disappoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Title is very appropriate.

how the gently caress is that loving guy Josefumi?? Karera has got some 'splaining to do.

I can see this guy being an identity thief, either that or it's """Josefumi""" who's going by that name instead. Karera and Friends aren't really on the up and up and prior to this we just got a huge rear end dissertation about rock people and how they steal names from family registries to live in human society. He was crashing at Kira's place for whatever reason, so he may very well be a rock person. It could be possible that Josuke is a fusion of both that and a human.

EDIT: Wait. gently caress.

Then what's with Josefumi's Joestar birthmark?

...Did Joseph bang a rock person. What is the truth, Araki? :stare:

BaDandy fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Oct 22, 2015

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
villain of the week was invented for jojo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's probably Damo taking Josefumi's identity rather than the other way around.

Hope that Joshuu and Kyo aren't dead but gently caress, this is a weird rear end stand and I don't know how survivable getting washed down the drain is.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if arc 4 josuke was around then this wouldn't be as entirely horrifying

too bad he's not around

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i kind of doubt this fight will have lasting reprecussions

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want Hato to beat the poo poo out of this lard-arse with her Stand.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Gotta love the reoccurring Jojo theme of seeing someone maimed or turned into a picasso painting or some poo poo and just staring slackjawed for a good 3 minutes before going "wait a minute.... he didn't wash his hands before eating... could he be an enemy????"

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013
If Soft Machine is any indication, this arc is going to end with Damo getting hosed the hell up.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Aurain posted:

I'm so ready for her to pull out some King Crimson level Stand and just obliterate him and we never see her use her Stand again.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Aurain posted:

she will show him the satsui no hato

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011

Pomp posted:

haha

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012
The new chapter is amazing. Was disappointed that Joshuu didn't even get a chance to fight though.

Pomp posted:

More like hatoful kareshi

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

BaDandy posted:

...Did Joseph bang a rock person. What is the truth, Araki? :stare:

Sooner or later, Joseph Joestar bangs everyone.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

When this van's a rockin', Togashi is probably on hiatus.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Wryyy

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Where'd you find it that? Wouldn't mind seeing the rest of the set.

e: URL suggests official EoH site and they're there.

There are no words for this

this however, is great

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Oct 22, 2015

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

why are johnny and gyro colored so ugly

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It'd be much better if they weren't so neon. As is, it's just disgusting.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Johnny's would be fine if he had a different shade of green. Gyro just has too much blue going for him :v:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Valentine also stole all their nice clothes

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

setafd posted:

why are johnny and gyro colored so ugly

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

GodDAMN. Thread title delivers. That's one of the quintessential JoJo chapters right there.

So, about that Stand...
So it seems safe to say that the actual Stand are all those handprints smeared across the walls. They seem capable of moving a little themselves, but other than that, it looks like Damo has to apply it to a surface himself... Meaning he probably did slather his sweaty disgusting hands over everything. You're so gross, you strange neckless chair-murdering man. :allears:
And once someone touches the Stand hands, they turn super-soft until they're basically jelly, and even the slightest power can distort them. (That loving panel of water going through Josuu's head, drat) But I guess there's more to it than that... After all, it seems to take a different amount of time for everyone? Or can Damo trigger the ability at any point, and he's waiting until they're out of Hato's sight? Hm. Pretty sure it's all gonna be reverted later on, unless Araki just casually killed off at least one character without fanfare. Although Josuu might end up in interesting places.

Looking forward for the inevitable Hato showdown.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I love the composition but the colors are way too garish

I had really expected colors that wore more in line with the late nineteenth century

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
I really liked the buildup where people go into the bathroom and don't come back until it's only Hato and her dad left and they're both like "What the gently caress is going on, where is everyone?"

Those panels that showed all the hand prints were really sick too, that was like peak horror imagery to me.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think the thing that added to the entire sequence was how dreamlike things almost seemed. it just all started mounting up panel by panel as the reader starts realizing how hosed things might be at the moment, and then we get a front row seat to joshuu just kinda being all 'oh...' as he's more or less decimated by the things happening.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
This works for me because the colors are more muddled. Here they look like they're part of the Polnareffland electrical light parade.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
That was one hell of a loving chapter. Shame it's now on break. When will it be back, December?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Yeah, it makes a big difference on the cover where Gyro is primarily wearing black with blue accents, compared to loving neon blue in the game. Johnny's also a little too pastel there (but his color should be blue anyways, dammit).

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Bad Seafood posted:

This works for me because the colors are more muddled.
Here they look like they're part of the Polnareffland electrical light parade.

But would you be ok with it if one of the levels of the game was in Polnareffland?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Goddamn does EoH Gyro hurt to look at. There's barely any part of him that isn't a horrifying neon color.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I cannot find the compilation of all of them to save my live, but to no surprise, this is one of many pose that Araki took from a fashion magazine featuring a man and a woman that he used for JoJo and it rules

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Naerasa posted:

But would you be ok with it if one of the levels of the game was in Polnareffland?
Polnareffland cures all wounds.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
No, Polnareff is the one with the sword. You're thinking of Josuke.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Its really kinda hosed up what happens to polnareff in the end.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Holy poo poo, there was a scene in part 5 where they specifically pointed out that Coco Jumbo doesn't have a bathroom.

It was foreshadowing.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Holy poo poo, there was a scene in part 5 where they specifically pointed out that Coco Jumbo doesn't have a bathroom.

It was foreshadowing.

It's just Polnareff's soul in there though right? Souls don't poop. Probably.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Moltrey posted:

I cannot find the compilation of all of them to save my live, but to no surprise, this is one of many pose that Araki took from a fashion magazine featuring a man and a woman that he used for JoJo and it rules

FirstAidKite posted:

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure in and of itself contains plenty of pages that are fanart of other things. I think that that is pretty neat. Here are some examples. Extra long jojo dump

Drawings from mostly fashion magazines, album covers, modeling photos, and other assorted media

(in the above image, the far left is the original drawing, the middle 2 are what the jojo creator Araki made based on the original drawing, and then guile on the far right was based on the JoJo character)

Pretty neat, IMO

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Everything references Jojo and Jojo references everything.

Why is Araki so cool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Neato