Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

Please raise a toast to a great Democrat, Trey Gowdy's Barber, at your local Jefferson-Jackson Dinner this year.

I am reminded of the Achewood line, "I couldn't tell if he had a haircut or not."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

GalacticAcid posted:

Please raise a toast to a great Democrat, Trey Gowdy's Barber, at your local Jefferson-Jackson Dinner this year.

Ehhh, considering how much conservatives regularly attack Dem officials over their looks, I'm not too keen to badger this guy on his goofy rear end haircut through the years.

All I know is he was sweating pretty drat hard while getting his rear end beat tonight.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Samurai Sanders posted:

So when's the next pointless hearing going to happen, which will ultimately only make Hillary look like even more the responsible adult in the room?

They should stop calling them "Hearings", the Republicans are there to talk, not listen.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Boon posted:

I just hope you vote for Hillary when she wins the inevitable nomination instead of becoming a bitter asshat that would rather see the country burn

I'm terrified that this will happen all over the place.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
republicans thought this was a good idea, remember: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1-jasxb7NY

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joementum posted:

And speaking of the President Pro Tem, here's the third most recent one ending a Congressional hearing with slightly more style than tonight's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeeGX_A8mo8&t=2094s

(Courtesy to Neil L. for this and the last article.)

Fixed so that it has the right timestamp.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

LionYeti posted:

I'm terrified that this will happen all over the place.

Yeah I've heard of others online espouse the same philosophy. It is terrifying.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Thump! posted:

Ehhh, considering how much conservatives regularly attack Dem officials over their looks, I'm not too keen to badger this guy on his goofy rear end haircut through the years.

All I know is he was sweating pretty drat hard while getting his rear end beat tonight.

I don't know. While I'm usually against attacking people on their appearance I'm kind of ok with attacking a haircut. Its not a health or will power thing. Sure, its cheap but so is a decent haircut (at least relatively). I say making fun of haircuts is as fair game as making fun of a poor fitting suit or a terrible outfit. Its an easily changeable thing that simply shows a basic lack of concern.

Its not Trey Gowdy's fault his head is shaped that way or that he sweats a lot. But he could get a proper fitting suit and a styled hair cut and all it would take him would be one afternoon and a little cash. I'm sure he makes good money.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Counterpoint: that dude has a weird haircut and a funny forehead and we should make fun of him for it.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hour 25 of the thirteenth benghazi hearing. trey gowdy chromes his teeth and hisses, voice cracking, next round

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

disjoe posted:

Counterpoint: that dude has a weird haircut and a funny forehead and we should make fun of him for it.

Remind me not to post selfies here.

paranoid randroid posted:

hour 25 of the thirteenth benghazi hearing. trey gowdy chromes his teeth and hisses, voice cracking, next round

:perfect:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Legit curious. Has there ever been any high ranking government official who had to sit through 11 hours of testimony?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

paranoid randroid posted:

I will personally carry you to the Midterms, shiny and chrome!

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
So are the dems going to walk out of the committee now? It seems like the right messaging move in the short term at least but it's not like they really need it at this point

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Mr Interweb posted:

Legit curious. Has there ever been any high ranking government official who had to sit through 11 hours of testimony?

from what anyone could find, no one has ever had that sort of questioning

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Gravel Gravy posted:

Remind me not to post selfies here.

:perfect:

Are you Trey "Gravel Grady" Gowdy?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
He looks like Rutger Hauer in the final stages of cancer before his death

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Good Citizen posted:

So are the dems going to walk out of the committee now? It seems like the right messaging move in the short term at least but it's not like they really need it at this point

He'd be a fool to hold further hearings.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Mr Interweb posted:

Bill Clinton's deposition in the Lewinsky affair was "only" six hours.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I may not be able to carry Benghazi but I can carry you.

FAUXTON posted:

Are you Trey "Gravel Grady" Gowdy?

No I came from the good less bad another part of SC.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Good Citizen posted:

This would be a terrible move.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
In which Internet Superstar And Noted Pants-Shitter Chuck Johnson violates a restraining order to put out another PP video leaked by a Congressional staffer.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

zoux posted:

He'd be a fool to hold further hearings.

I'm pretty sure Gowdy said he was going to forge ahead after the hearing broke up.

Granted, that was his immediate response. Maybe someone talked to him afterwards and told him how much he hosed up and that this has to end. But my impression of Gowdy himself is that he feels he's in too deep and just has to power through until he finds something, gets voted out of office, or he or Hillary die. There's crazy determination in those eyes.

The Bengazi committee is Trey Gowdy's legacy now.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
This article's thesis not looking quite so strong three days later: http://www.gq.com/story/the-guy-who-could-beat-hillary-clinton

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Kro-Bar posted:

This would be a terrible move.

Yeah, it would be like making GBS threads your pants as your end-zone celebration.

So only advisable if you're a conservative blogger really.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Many Faces of Gowdy:

please forgive me, both for making this, and for the many misspellings.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

"he looked at me!!"

"he was scanning the horizon!"

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

STAC Goat posted:

I'm pretty sure Gowdy said he was going to forge ahead after the hearing broke up.

Please proceed, Chairman.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Combed Thunderclap posted:

The political equivalent of drinking someone under the table.

This should be the thread title

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

Joementum posted:

Bill Clinton's deposition in the Lewinsky affair was "only" six hours.
federal civil rules impose a 7 hour limit on depositions. Not very fun. No idea how congress works

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

STAC Goat posted:

Granted, that was his immediate response. Maybe someone talked to him afterwards and told him how much he hosed up and that this has to end. But my impression of Gowdy himself is that he feels he's in too deep and just has to power through until he finds something, gets voted out of office, or he or Hillary die. There's crazy determination in those eyes.

The Bengazi committee is Trey Gowdy's legacy now.

I am in Sweat / Stepp'd in so deep that, should I wade no more/ Returning were as tedious as go o'er

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Sharkie posted:

The Many Faces of Gowdy:

please forgive me, both for making this, and for the many misspellings.

"How would you like your hair cut, sir?"

"Just gently caress my poo poo up real nice."

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

To borrow from The Godfather, the Dems need a wartime Consiglierie...whether I like it or not, I'm voting for Hillary.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

A Winner is Jew posted:

Yeah, it would be like making GBS threads your pants as your end-zone celebration.

Please don't compare the House democrats to my Oakland Raiders tia

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

sharknado slashfic posted:

To borrow from The Godfather, the Dems need a wartime Consiglierie...whether I like it or not, I'm voting for Hillary.

"I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror... Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies! I remember when I was with Special Forces... seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate some children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there, and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried, I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out; I didn't know what I wanted to do! And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it... I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought, my God... the genius of that! The genius! The will to do that! Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we, because they could stand that these were not monsters, these were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men, our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment! Because it's judgment that defeats us." ~ Hillary Clinton

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I figured it out: Trey Gowdy is what happens after Eminem has a stroke.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Alright now lose it (ah-ah-ah-ah)
Just lose it (ah-ah-ah-ah)
Benghazi (ah-ah-ah-ah)

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

FAUXTON posted:

On the Daily Show just now Trevor Noah said he looks like someone left Anderson Cooper's face under a heavy book overnight.

Also lol that The Daily Show is already able to show clips of this hearing. Usually we have to wait til the next day.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
edit, dammit Joe

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Oct 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

More like after Eminem gets his head caught in an English wheel.

• Locked thread