Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

So based on the dungeon preview, Pharos Sirius is Rapture now? With kobold Big Daddies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.
3.1 dungeon gear, courtesy of Facebook.

Left to right: Caster, Tank, Ninja, Dragoon, Healer, Monk, Bard/Machinist

Gizmo Chicken fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 22, 2015

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I will wear that set.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Gizmo Chicken posted:

Left to right: dapper as gently caress, probably dapper as gently caress but it's a potato so you can't actually see the outfit, dapper as gently caress if only from behind, dapper as gently caress, dapper as gently caress, dapper as gently caress, dapper as gently caress

Fixed that for you.

Seriously though, I'm legit looking forward to these outfits. A lot more than I'm looking forward to the Void Ark outfits.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

How long is it gonna take me to get that broom, after work?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I want to see the dragoon hat.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

How long is it gonna take me to get that broom, after work?

About 15-20 minutes, less if you click through dialogue and skip cutscenes.

It's three quests - first rewards outfit, second rewards minion, third rewards mount. Furnishings are buyable from an event vendor for gil. No fates or other grinding involved.

e: Outfit does not go in armoire yet.

Vil fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Oct 22, 2015

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Well hot diggity drat. :dance:

Standard flying mount music I assume? Or am I gonna get really lucky and it uses Matoya's Cave music?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

It uses the Halloween Event music,

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Well hot diggity drat. :dance:

Standard flying mount music I assume? Or am I gonna get really lucky and it uses Matoya's Cave music?

I wish I thought to check this but if it doesn't play Matoya's theme we should complain until it does.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Dr Pepper posted:

It uses the Halloween Event music,

eeehhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'd prefer the generic flying mount music, I really enjoy that theme a lot (especially in its original form against Midgardsormr and Nidhogg)

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 22, 2015

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Gizmo Chicken posted:

Those outfits look dumb. But that is because I prefer plate looking armor.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Holyshoot posted:

Take that dark knight and "knight".

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

Gizmo Chicken posted:

is it castlevania time?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

you look dumb

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Mymla posted:

you look dumb

:(

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Are people saying the lalafell is the tank?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Gizmo Chicken posted:

I'm a fan, but that's probably only because I think the Eso stuff for WAR looks dumb.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

nuru posted:

Are people saying the lalafell is the tank?

Well, the general design similarities are between:
- Roegadame and demon princess
- Highlady, highmander, and frilly elf
- Catgirl and potato

The middle trio is an easy presumption of being the ranged/monk/ninja design, and the long heavy cape (if nothing else) suggests that the catgirl and potato are the tank and dragoon sets, leaving the first two ladies for the caster and healer sets.

So at most, the potato would be the dragoon and the catgirl would be the tank. But I'm guessing the labels are probably accurate.

e: Also worth noting is that highmander's hat is low enough to disguise his lack of eyebrows with its shadow, thereby freeing him up to use a hair style which otherwise leaves the forehead very bare. I may or may not be taking fashion notes.

Vil fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 22, 2015

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
It came with an article that spells it out.

From the left, it is:
Caster: Plague Bringer Attire
Tank: Defiant Attire
Ninja: Ghost Thief Attire
Dragoon: Daring Attire
Healer: Plague Doctor Attire
Monk: Red Thief Attire
BRD/MCH: Lost Thief Attire

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
So SE when will character children be implemented as a game feature, you've been hinting around it, we have human, elf, and miqo kids in game now, the reveal in the final CS of the Halloween celebration was especially cute. Just waiting to find out when I'll be able to take my kitten home, i'm assuming they'll accompany us on our adventures similar to chocobo's with parents protecting their kids in the field. Though why simply letting us adventure with our retainers wasn't considered I don't know but I'll be satisfied wandering the world with my own progeny just as well. I imagine having them run around the FC house when not out with mommy or daddy will be entertaining as well.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
:getin:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Technogeek posted:

So SE when will character children be implemented as a game feature, you've been hinting around it, we have human, elf, and miqo kids in game now, the reveal in the final CS of the Halloween celebration was especially cute. Just waiting to find out when I'll be able to take my kitten home, i'm assuming they'll accompany us on our adventures similar to chocobo's with parents protecting their kids in the field. Though why simply letting us adventure with our retainers wasn't considered I don't know but I'll be satisfied wandering the world with my own progeny just as well. I imagine having them run around the FC house when not out with mommy or daddy will be entertaining as well.

yea same

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
The only time a proposed child system in an RPG ever sounded any good is this one mod a goon is making for Skyrim that foists a fat, obnoxious orphan on you that follows you around causing nothing but trouble. Even then, that's a joke that would get tired in 'bout thirty minutes.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Gizmo Chicken posted:

The healer & caster set looks amazing. Top hats for all.

Technogeek posted:

Didn't say take them into dungeons, I mean while wandering in the field, like retainers your critter would bring you random things they found while out with you, get into troublesome situations, agro things you didn't expect but overall they'd be an interesting interactive feature. The thought of having kids that wander around the fc house when not out with me is not a bad idea either. Anyway it's not a feature yet, it's just been hinted at previously, and the addition of miqo kid models into the game is exciting to theory craft with. She was cute though.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

i am tim! posted:

The only time a proposed child system in an RPG ever sounded any good is this one mod a goon is making for Skyrim that foists a fat, obnoxious orphan on you that follows you around causing nothing but trouble. Even then, that's a joke that would get tired in 'bout thirty minutes.

Fire emblem, dragon quest 5

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
We have reached peak official forums.

Kainz Highwind, from Balmung, posted:

Anyhow this is my rant really, its a Jap game, and honestly they really don't have good communication with english, so honestly I think most of this thread will pretty much go un noticed.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

OH poo poo someone actually figured it out.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I love that tank set.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

My god, THEY'RE LEARNING.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Things are getting spooky outside TPTs beachhouse

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

How come miq'ittens get to have both fangs and slitted pupils?
:mad:

What a ripoff.

Oh, and.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh god why are miq'ittens so cute??? :3:

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

a kitten posted:

How come miq'ittens get to have both fangs and slitted pupils?
:mad:

What a ripoff.

Oh, and.

Because that one's a mix. Half Seeker, half Keeper.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Oh yeah, they do that on the Ahriman mount too. That's another reason I don't like Roegadame, thanks for the reminder. :v:

Few pages back, but : we absolutely do not.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Somebody in PYF found the real life fat cat.

Chili posted:

Oh god you guys, I'm so happy.

My fiancee and are continuing along with fostering kittens/cats from our local SPCA. There was a cat that needed fostering who was... 30 pounds. Yes, a 30 pound cat. His name is Butterscotch and he looks incredible.

Anyway, we were going to pull the trigger but someone else beat us to it. But today, we found out that his current fosters have sucked and he didn't eat with them for 3 days! Needless to say these people were let go and we were immediately summoned to come and get him, we're one of the SPCA's favorite fosters!

It's a really good day, we get DAT FAT KITTY and we found out we're doing a good job.

Of course, there will be far too many pictures of Butterscotch posted on Friday, once we get him. According to our point person, he's very needy and cuddly. This is going to be the best.

He won't be Fat Kitty forever, we're gonna be working with him to get him to a healthful weight so he can be adopted (but this already feels a hell of a lot like a foster failure).

Are you ready for Fat Kitty? You better be ready, 'cos Fat Kitty is a comin.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

hobbesmaster posted:

Just do a third ACN job that has a tank pet with a taunt. :getin:

Eos-tanking-now.tiff

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Is this game still Cool and Good? I haven't played since just before Heavensward dropped. I can't remember why I quit... I think I was tired of trying to get through the vanilla story stuff. Pretty keen to get back on board though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Yeah, I really need to get back into playing. New stuff looks great, and I miss everyone. :(

• Locked thread