Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Detective No. 27 posted:

Pretty disappointed there isn't a kid blowing up gif.

I found one, but it doesn't show the kid, just an explosion with parts going everywhere.

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Oct 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I did. Almost like a subliminal message being inserted into the video that only .01% of the population would trigger or something weird. I felt the people watching the video were somehow compelled to do those things by an outside force.

They need to take a cue from Agents of Shield and Arkham Knight and have Jerome's blood somehow spread through the city making people crazy.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I was pretty much done with the show and then Vic Mackey shows up out of nowhere. Good idea, show runners.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Pan Dulce posted:

I found one, but it doesn't show the kid, just an explosion with parts going everywhere.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Perfect!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Show is still fine without Jerome. Butch is hilarious and tragic.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
any gifs of the villain supermarket?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Now that's fine television.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I just caught up on the first handful of episodes of this season and the general feel of the show and the difference between this season and last makes it feel almost like it's a remake of Gotham than a continuation of the first season.

The Rise of Villains subtitle comes off almost as a maybe trying to mark that this is maybe a much better starting off point for new viewers than trying to go back to season 1 and people can almost pretend like THIS is the real first season of the Rise of Villains-era.

Penguin made a comment, though, that sort of got me thinking: A year ago he was holding Fish Mooney's umbrella and he's killed or exiled all his former bosses and taken their power and runs the underworld of Gotham.

Despite his power, Galavan is now bossing him around. This sort of makes me wonder if this is going to be the start of an arc that sees Penguin repeating what happened to him in the first season, essentially usurping Galavan's plan to take over Gotham and make it his own. It would maybe be a bit of an homage to the Cobblepot for Mayor plotpoint of Batman Returns and one of those Elseworlds books. Oswald stepping out of the shadows of the Gotham underworld to recreate himself in the eyes of the public to make him appear a lot more legitimate than he is.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
Hm... the Dumas family and the religious sect dedicated to their patron saint... are they going to bring Azrael into the mix?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dave Syndrome posted:

Hm... the Dumas family and the religious sect dedicated to their patron saint... are they going to bring Azrael into the mix?

I could see them combine it with the Court of Owls.

hillaryous clinton
May 11, 2003

super dynamic
Taco Defender

hard counter posted:

I actually stuck it out this long since I was hoping they'd roll a measure more the other way come season 2. The tone, which I didn't mind, was probably too light to swing it late to gotham noir though :(

Anyway, hopefully you guys get the show that you want.

Same.

I actually liked the balance the first season struck between camp/nonsense vs dark realism (or whatever). A crazy nutjob would show up and Gordon would shut him down, because of course someone killing with weather balloons is gonna get caught. The real threat was organized crime and corruption, which makes sense,. We got to see lots of detective work from Bruce, which is great because Batman is the world's greatest detective and his intelligence has been generally underplayed in the films (also we can't have Bruce training as ninja just yet, so developing his investigative skills sets the Batman groundwork in a believable way). We got a hint of the joker with Jerome and it was loving perfect.

This season, so far, we got a gang of mentally hosed delinquents taking over the police station, and what one would assume is a heavily-guarded benefit gala with Gotham's richest, like it was no thing. The writers blew their load with Jerome and we're left with a boring old-money dude as the main villain because something something 200 year grudge against the Waynes that no ones cares about. This is a painfully weak plot and except for Jerome the acting just isn't where it was last season - the Dons, the organ-farm staff (Weyoun!), Milo Ventimiglia channeling Patrick Bateman, etc... they were all pretty drat great.

Frankly, S2 is starting to give me a "Smallville" vibe and there is no loving way I'm going down that rabbit hole of disappointment again.

(who am I kidding I probably will)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dave Syndrome posted:

Yea, I thought the same thing as soon as he said it.

bobkatt013 posted:

Didn't they say they were bringing someone in to help? Easily could be a Talon.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

bobkatt013 posted:

Oh, absolutely. Both have their special assassin types with a "maybe this will become an influence for the batsuit later"-type costume, so a mashup might definitely work.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just when you think Gotham city couldn't get any scummier, slave trade!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

And he murdered her.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Seems like a real short time for death by oxygen deprivation.

Also, was that Bane in one of those rooms?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
My DVR cut the recording too quickly, so I only got a brief glimpse into one of the little side rooms in St. Satan's Horrorspital Experimental Ward.

Pretty good episode. I thought the mallet-hand was a nice touch. But riddle me this: how long will it be before they notice Kris Kringle is missing and was last known to be eating dinner at Nigma's apartment? Or did he learn from his mistake, and he's going to buy some time with a Weekend at Bernie's routine?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Crap, I missed everything that happened after Riddler told on himself. Quick summary, please?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Darko posted:

Crap, I missed everything that happened after Riddler told on himself. Quick summary, please?

She freaked out and tried to leave, there was a struggle and he ended up strangling her.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Zero One posted:

Also, was that Bane in one of those rooms?

Not sure, but I think I saw Freeze.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
This season is great. You people who are butthurt about Jerome are loving ridiculous.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Bruceski posted:

Not sure, but I think I saw Freeze.

I think you saw the same thing as he did, and it could be Bane or Freeze.

That was stupidly brutal, seeing a teenage girl catch on fire and scream in pain.

There's no way Butch is leading Penguin into a trap. The only thing I am not liking is how perfect Gallivant is, he hasn't slipped up, left any evidence or anything that would lead Gordon to him. Well, save Penguin, but they've really got him over a barrel with his mother.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Ginger to Ginger, we both know where Selina Kyle is..." hahah

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rocksicles posted:

"Ginger to Ginger, we both know where Selina Kyle is..." hahah

That was fantastic, but god drat, where has Ivy been?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

twistedmentat posted:

There's no way Butch is leading Penguin into a trap.

There's no way Butch isn't leading Penguin into a trap.

I mean, come on, last cut is of whatsername strangling him half to death (he's way better at taking a strangling than Kris Kringle, jeez) and then he shows up at Penguin's saying "I dunno, I escaped somehow and I accomplished the thing I hadn't accomplished before getting my rear end beat." Maybe Galavan showed him Penguin's mom and let him go on purpose, but there's no way that went down like Butch said.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Plus he wasn't doing his little head twitch mind control indicator, which they had really been ramping up in the past few episodes.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

ShakeZula posted:

Plus he wasn't doing his little head twitch mind control indicator, which they had really been ramping up in the past few episodes.

Correct. And not only this, but to me, it was conspicuous that Penguin didn't give Butch any loyalty test when he returned toward the end of the episode. He'd been doing that a lot lately, too, and in this situation that could pretty obviously be a trap, no loyalty test?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
That was a pretty good episode until it remembered it was Gotham and went stupid again. Of course they have underground human testing because it is Gotham. Jeez.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Zero One posted:

I just figured the time in that scene was subjective to Ed, and that he was in a fugue state for, like, ten or fifteen minutes.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Butch gets deprogrammed... in a day by a lady with a whip.

With those skills I wonder why they need to hang senators in doorways and kidnap peoples mothers to coerce them when you can just brainwash people in less than a day.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

That scene with the death of Miss Kringle was horrifying and sad. I wonder if THAT is what leads him to come out publicly as a villain, as The Riddler, or if he stays all fragmented and weird, working from the inside to gently caress over the system.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Selina holds Lee at gunpoint and all they do is make small talk.

Also Gordon is so used to this poo poo the first thing he does when he comes home to find his girlfriend held at gunpoint is go for the fridge to get a beer.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Phenotype posted:

There's no way Butch isn't leading Penguin into a trap.

I mean, come on, last cut is of whatsername strangling him half to death (he's way better at taking a strangling than Kris Kringle, jeez) and then he shows up at Penguin's saying "I dunno, I escaped somehow and I accomplished the thing I hadn't accomplished before getting my rear end beat." Maybe Galavan showed him Penguin's mom and let him go on purpose, but there's no way that went down like Butch said.

Ah poo poo, I meant to type Isn't as well. Serves me right to post from my phone. And yea, he clearly was not right, more not right than normal. I was confused at Kringle's death though, it looked like she just died suddenly, I thought maybe Ed had hit her head against the door to hard and snapped her neck or something.

I do like how she actually reacted the right way to him standing around outside her place, because no matter the reason, its loving creepy.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007

tarlibone posted:

Pretty good episode. I thought the mallet-hand was a nice touch.

Also, the fastest and easiest way to go for the make-up and fx artists.

tarlibone posted:

But riddle me this: how long will it be before they notice Kris Kringle is missing and was last known to be eating dinner at Nigma's apartment?

Lee was present when he invited Kristen to his place, so there's a potential witness to be eliminated.

I kept wondering why Indian Hill sounded so familiar, and then I remembered I just finished re-reading Garth Ennis' Hitman the other week.
In the book, there is a laboratory just outside Gotham where strange human experiments are performed which regularly go horribly wrong and require the protagonists to get hired as cleanup crew. The name of the facility? Injun Peak.

(Man, if Tommy Monaghan showed up in the show I'd be so insanely happy. Heck, just mention The Cauldron as a slum area one time. Please, writers?)

Dave Syndrome fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 27, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

tarlibone posted:

My DVR cut the recording too quickly, so I only got a brief glimpse into one of the little side rooms in St. Satan's Horrorspital Experimental Ward.

Pretty good episode. I thought the mallet-hand was a nice touch. But riddle me this: how long will it be before they notice Kris Kringle is missing and was last known to be eating dinner at Nigma's apartment? Or did he learn from his mistake, and he's going to buy some time with a Weekend at Bernie's routine?

Its Gotham so it could be months. Due to that fact he can say she left and he never saw her again. This is the same city where a cop got murdered, body disposed, and they accepted it with a simple card.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Dave Syndrome posted:

I kept wondering why Indian Hill sounded so familiar, and then I remembered I just finished re-reading Garth Ennis' Hitman the other week.

Well, that and it was the name of the toxic waste dump Oswald convinced Maroni to give to Falcone last season.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Considering how the chances of bring murdered by some random nutbar in Gotham is around 30%, if Ed says "She left my place after we had a fight" and she turns up in a ditch somewhere, then people won't think about him as suspect. Until he lets something slip.

Do you think there is a reason behind burning down Wayne owned buildings by Gallivant or is it just pure "gently caress you Waynes". Also I'm sure the xmas break cliffhanger is going to be Bruce captured by Gallivant and needing to Batman his way out of it with everything he's learned from Alfred and Selina.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Nygma can just plant dude's badge near her corpse. A tidy little package and everyone employed by the GCPD will accept it because the three competent officers and their boss are out chasing down freaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

twistedmentat posted:

I do like how she actually reacted the right way to him standing around outside her place, because no matter the reason, its loving creepy.

I was hoping she'd be alarmingly cool with the murder, which would have been funnier if she was still upset about the stalking.

• Locked thread