Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

AzureSkye posted:

Aight. No story for me I guess.

same poo poo here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

AzureSkye posted:

Is guild chat broken for anyone else?

When the clock ticked over I had to re-enable guild chats in my chat tabs.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
Game gave me a longbow as a dragon hunter and now it says I can't equip it :smith:

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Captain McStabbin posted:

I'm personally a fan of the dagger being a broken beer bottle.

Great, now I'm gonna have to make a hobo themed Dagger/Focus elementalist with that and courage.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Murodese posted:

Game gave me a longbow as a dragon hunter and now it says I can't equip it :smith:

Did you actually select dragonhunter as one of your slotted traitlines? Cause the ability to equip your class's new weapons comes as the first minor trait.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
★ ☆ ★ -----F YOU DONT SEE GUILD CHAT CLICK YOUR CHAT TAB DROP DOWN AND TICK THE GUILD BOX----- ★ ☆ ★

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.

Captain McStabbin posted:

Did you actually select dragonhunter as one of your slotted traitlines? Cause the ability to equip your class's new weapons comes as the first minor trait.

That was it, it didn't show up as a traitline option until I'd actually clicked on one of the traits under dragonhunter to the left of there, though. Bug, I guess.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
:siren: do not train your specialization in heart of the mists, it will not unlock the collection or spec weapon skin :siren:

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

AzureSkye posted:

:siren: do not train your specialization in heart of the mists, it will not unlock the collection or spec weapon skin :siren:

what poo poo

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm glad they put their energy into fixing things that made utterly lovely fights like Golem Mk.2 or high level Mai Trin remotely bearable. Idiots.

Challenging group content!

Also :hfive: to everyone who called the halloween stuff being the thick leather sink the "economist" talked about.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
What can I do with 50 stacks of fat leather?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Hi friends so how's the buggy xpack?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

actually not that buggy

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
No bugs get owned you hobbit hole dwelling gently caress

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

AzureSkye posted:

:smug: Joke's on you, I already did.

...:smith:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

God loving dammit you're killing me here

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

trip report: i have legendary armor now and all the raid-related achievements

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

God loving dammit you're killing me here

really smooth launch, almost everyone is playing instead of faffing about with connection issues

except you. you're not playing.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

colin hit a big red button and everything magically worked

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Visidan posted:

AzureSkye posted:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kessel posted:

except you. you're not playing.

:cry:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I'm awake and downloading the patch at 8MB/s, that's 64000Kb/s, and I didn't even buy HoT yet :smug:

[edit] Oh wait it dropped down 5MB/s

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

wow there's a whole lotta new posts in here! this is going to get buried fast but goons, if you're not in a guild/have been inactive for 3+ weeks :siren:THIS IS FOR YOU:siren:

GOON officers posted:

Hello goons! With the advent of Heart of Thorns we've run up against a familiar problem: Guild space. Due to the 500 guild member limit in place in GW2, the popularity of the expansion, and the sheer amount of goon activity, GOON SQUAD once again has less than 20 available guild invites. I strongly recommend putting in your application now, rather than later.

If you are inactive for 31+ days you will be kicked to make room for new goons. If you are kicked, your spot is not reserved or guaranteed for you on your return. Remember to log in regularly. If you are going to be away for an extended period of time, ask an officer to change your guild rank to Traveling Goon so that you are not removed accidentally. If you are a member of Goon Squad that is not active within the guild's community, please consider relinquishing your space to a new or returning goon in need of a home.

When the member limit is reached, persons applying to GOON will be wait-listed. As guild members become inactive and are removed, invitations will be sent out to waiting goons as quickly as possible. They will be processed in the order in which they were received.

Thanks, and happy adventuring!

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

I AM THE PRETTIEST FAIRY!

Also are these Halloween 'changes you into a thing' tonics useful for anything?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Do those new butterfly wings work as a glider skin too???

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Nope

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Do those new butterfly wings work as a glider skin too???

You'd think if anything those big angel wings I see all the char with would work as a glider skin. As far as I can tell it's just a skin that uses the back item, like the angel wings. I haven't gotten into the new zones yet to see. I tried to do the personal story but clearly it didn't like the fact I haven't downloaded everything (26k a second woooooo) so I've been goofing around in the labrynth.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Tambaloneus posted:

You'd think if anything those big angel wings I see all the char with would work as a glider skin. As far as I can tell it's just a skin that uses the back item, like the angel wings.

The angel wings & the bat wings unlock associated glider skins :toot:

e: and the feathered ones look goofy as hell

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
A new build coming in already. I wonder what it fixes, since so far no goons have encountered any issues whatsoever according to gchat. Probably just someone made bank on the TP.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I will be playing Street Fighter V this weekend. Enjoy the initial days of the xpac gooms!

LonelyKing
Feb 2, 2003

Fun Shoe

Kajeesus posted:

A new build coming in already. I wonder what it fixes, since so far no goons have encountered any issues whatsoever according to gchat. Probably just someone made bank on the TP.

According to the 'bug fixes' section at the bottom of the original update:

quote:

* Old characters that had dyed town clothes equipped prior to the wardrobe system will now be able to properly preview dyes in the wardrobe.
* Fixed an issue that was preventing VO from sometimes playing during cinematics.
* Restored over 50 VO files that had issues during processing.

The voiceover one was pretty bad. Half of the lines in the intro to the new story didn't play / cut out.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

AzureSkye posted:

If you did this, like I did, just train another trait (outside the mists) and you'll get the weapon and stuff.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
This is my exact face when playing the living story.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Everyone should remember to bind the action cam stuff. It's really loving great and I can't imagine playing without it now.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

Everyone should remember to bind the action cam stuff. It's really loving great and I can't imagine playing without it now.

hmm not sure if I like it with grenades

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Press and hold the mouse 1 and it auto throws, also you might want to try the new aoe snap to target automatically options.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Please tell me the enemies have some sort of scaling when you're in a zerg, these mobs are oneshotting me :negative:

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

there are a lot of collections in this and i dont know how to deal with all the new pvp specs

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

also you might want to try the new aoe snap to target automatically options.

holy crap feels like cheating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
I can safely say that we vastly underestimated how difficult it would be to get the new hero challenges done.

• Locked thread