Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I'd heard a lot of her material before during all the interviews she's done for Trainwreck and season 2 of her show. It isn't a good idea to have a year of media over-exposure when you are focused on projects other than getting that hour together, and then at the height of it all shoot an HBO special with all the standup you wrote 18 months ago and burned on Fallon, Kimmel, Colbert, John Stewart, Letterman, and Seth Meyers.

It's like Chris Hardwick as a comedian. He hosts a game show 4 days a week, does Talking Dead on Sunday nights, records podcasts 2-4 times a week, and is the head of Nerdist. Being generous and saying that his standup is funny, just how good can it be when he's doing all that other poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

https://twitter.com/OpieandJimmy/status/656798614845530114

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
TURD?!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

That's just embarrassing.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Biff, please give this nerd the future wedgie he traveled so far in time to receive

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i'm all-in with this. where are we at for talk like a pirate day?

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

https://mobile.twitter.com/petedavidson/status/656879960007700480

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I don't like Amy's stand-up but I thought she was always good on the show. I remember being skeeved by her cab driver story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UrhXqRq2_4

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Niwrad posted:

I don't like Amy's stand-up but I thought she was always good on the show.

this is how i feel about 99% of the regulars

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I used to listen to this show.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I used to listen to this show.
I'm trying to not be you, but it's hard.

I've listened to the various incarnations of this show since they were on afternoons on WJFK in DC (1999 or so), and would pretty much have it on whenever I could. I like that they're not still trying to do dumb frat pranks and poo poo, because I'm not 25 anymore either, but unless Jimmy happens to be on a roll, I rarely listen for more than 10-15 minutes at a time lately. Opie and Ant need each other like Lennon and McCartney. Without each acting as a counterweight to the other, they're kind of poo poo.

OTOH, the Fez-less Bennington show is better than it has been in years, because Fez's cringe-inducing Fez-ness was my least favorite part of the show.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

stealie72 posted:

I'm trying to not be you, but it's hard.

I've listened to the various incarnations of this show since they were on afternoons on WJFK in DC (1999 or so), and would pretty much have it on whenever I could. I like that they're not still trying to do dumb frat pranks and poo poo, because I'm not 25 anymore either, but unless Jimmy happens to be on a roll, I rarely listen for more than 10-15 minutes at a time lately. Opie and Ant need each other like Lennon and McCartney. Without each acting as a counterweight to the other, they're kind of poo poo.

OTOH, the Fez-less Bennington show is better than it has been in years, because Fez's cringe-inducing Fez-ness was my least favorite part of the show.

I agree with the O&A statement. I still think an Ant & Jim show would work better since they have a lot more chemistry and seem to be angled more to spirit of the O&A show. Plus it's obvious Opie no longer has the balls to really go for an all-out mean show.

As for Fez, I'm glad he's gone. The last thing I need to hear on the radio is the adventures of a terminal virgin with unrealistic ideas on what a relationship is.

The Extrapolator
Dec 14, 2006

Now what the fuck are some of these god damn questions?
Im loving the Sam Robert's show and I could be the only fan in this thread. No mentions of him ever.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I listened to his interview with Aya Cash because I'm a fan of You're The Worst. He's better than he used to be, but I don't care enough about wrestling to want to listen all the time.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

The Extrapolator posted:

Im loving the Sam Robert's show and I could be the only fan in this thread. No mentions of him ever.

I listened a lot at first but I found myself tiring of his tendency to take some unwavering stand on minutae and defend it from callers for 60 minutes, and his fawning over Katie Linendoll. Has he developed more of a show yet? It felt a little too much like wrestling but not in the good Ron & Fez way, more just in the 'hey I'm going to be a heel for 2 hours today mhwa-ha-ha' sense.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

I love it I'm just not in my car enough to hear it at 9-12 and I don't have an online sub

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Sam's OK but his weakness is taking a topic and stretching it out waaaay too much. The filthy brothers aren't interesting, move on already!

I think my favorite show is Weird Medicine. Maybe it's because there's only so much of it so it stays fresh to me. I think Dr Steve is great on the radio.
I would love to hear a half dozen shows where Jimmy sits in only because he makes Steve laugh so much.

Strangely, I also find Erock very listenable, and I'm not even into a lot of the stuff they talk about, but at least there's enthusiasm there.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

The Extrapolator posted:

It's way better than the Opie show at this point.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm glad the incessant Fezness is gone, but there are times occasionally where Ron brings up a gay story and I just wish I could once again hear Fez's completely predictable take on it.

blackmarketlimb
Dec 27, 2005
What I miss about Ron and Fez is loving with Earl. Earl was like the perfect loving person to troll.

Also that Stangel picture is really weirding me out. Is it just perspective or does that ghoul have long rear end alien arms that're way longer than his legs?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

The Extrapolator posted:

Yeah, Sam is great if you skip him having any woman but Nicole in. Linendoll is awful and boring, Katy Kelly is poo poo and there's two other women (Taylor something and someone else?) who come in who are really bad at radio.

His current running thing with the Filthy Brothers is hilarious as is his obsession with the "FFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" guy.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

blackmarketlimb posted:

What I miss about Ron and Fez is loving with Earl. Earl was like the perfect loving person to troll.

You'll love this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrP9FwEHrIQ

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I went to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ire3g2c7Ec from it. While Earl couldn't imagine a dinosaur, I was having a hard time imagining a time when Fez would speak. I mean he was downright chatty!

edit: God drat, bashing Earl is great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-frUwGRfek

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Oct 23, 2015

blackmarketlimb
Dec 27, 2005
Hahahaha. Holy poo poo, it's such a loving shame that Earl the dope got himself fired. I seriously forgot the joy that Ronnie B. loving with him brings me.

blackmarketlimb
Dec 27, 2005
Some intrepid motherfucker needs to get Earl and Karl Pilkington to do a radio show together.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Here's another great Earl bashing clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2Y8tKUli2I

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
Gold:
https://www.periscope.tv/w/1mnxeMrjPAAxX

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Holy poo poo, caller Brad turning on the boys of the Bonfire was amazing. :roflolmao:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

what the gently caress happend to chris

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Periscope finally makes me feel like we are in the future, this is the only social networking thing I've actually enjoyed. Getting random Periscopes from a completely hosed up Chris Stanley is just great.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Sintax posted:

Periscope finally makes me feel like we are in the future, this is the only social networking thing I've actually enjoyed. Getting random Periscopes from a completely hosed up Chris Stanley is just great.

gently caress, he looks psychotic and awful. I'm surprised anybody goes near him. The short hair does nothing. What did he go into surgery for, again?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Stroked out Pepper wandering around Astoria with a perc script in his mouth is the best visual.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
That reminds me of my favorite R&F segment title: Fake-Sick Fez and the Codeine Kid.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

The Extrapolator posted:

I've said this before but I wouldn't have even bet a dollar in 2007 that in 2015, Anthony, Opie and Sam would all have different radio shows and that Sam's would be the best.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Tomahawk posted:

I've said this before but I wouldn't have even bet a dollar in 2007 that in 2015, Anthony, Opie and Sam would all have different radio shows and that Sam's would be the best.
I haven't caught much of it or any of the shows lately, but when I stumble into it on a night time drive I enjoy it. I probably should get back to listening to the downloads on the phone app but work has been demanding that I do actual other things with my downtime for once.

But yeah, I thought he would be someone's lackey forever since that sort of conniving behind the scenes seemed to be his strong suit.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
What happened to Pepper that he has a bum arm and that they took 2 days off?

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

JFC posted:

HOW MANY STENTS

OlyMike
Sep 17, 2006
I'm talking about flagellation, who gives a damn about parades

JFC posted:

I watched that periscope(?) for a minute, did he mention what was up with his eye? He looked like me after about 8 drinks, totally one eyed.

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
The general anesthesia hit the whole right side of his body. Hence the droopy eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Someone tell Stanley that Ron got to where he is despite treating his body like poo poo, not because of it.

• Locked thread