Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Can anyone tell what that medicine is? All I can read is "exotropin 15mg [...] Cl take 2x daily" and "ability to dance" in the smaller text. Some cursory googling makes it look like exotropin is a HGH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Taking a wildass guess, I suppose they are anti-hallucination meds, and Rad flushing them out is simultaneously him preserving his own existence as a hallucination and a metaphor for Erin's inability to confront reality.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Sam and Fuzzy points out the inherent issue in any organization or partnership where Mind Control is a possibility.

That's the loving problem, indeed.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Elysiume posted:

Can anyone tell what that medicine is? All I can read is "exotropin 15mg [...] Cl take 2x daily" and "ability to dance" in the smaller text. Some cursory googling makes it look like exotropin is a HGH.

The ingredient list is mostly illegible (it ends with sodium glutamate though). The indications:
<illegible> doctor help, find a doctor
<illegible> they are good at that poo poo.
<illegible> take these pills and think you
<...> [dances|chances], you may feel these pills
<illegible> you the ability to dance but it
<...> in fact one of the cruelest lies a
<illegible> pharmaceutical drug can le-
gally tell its customers.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Slashrat posted:

Taking a wildass guess, I suppose they are anti-hallucination meds, and Rad flushing them out is simultaneously him preserving his own existence as a hallucination and a metaphor for Erin's inability to confront reality.

Its also heavily implied that it's her doing this poo poo, pitching her voice up and talking to herself. It's really hosed up.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Honestly I've always wanted a comic about someone who loses their mind in self-imposed isolation and dies alone.

That may sound sarcastic but it's not.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

too bad said comic also has a bunch of dumb unfunny videogame stuff in it

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

FlyinPingu posted:

Yeah the majority of the Halo excursion felt like a waste of time.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

FlyinPingu posted:

Yea, I know you have to have some kind of something to make it palatable to a human being but this is for sure not the way.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Captain Bravo posted:

Sam and Fuzzy points out the inherent issue in any organization or partnership where Mind Control is a possibility.

That's the loving problem, indeed.

There's no mind control involved, though.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

ChairMaster posted:

Yea, I know you have to have some kind of something to make it palatable to a human being but this is for sure not the way.

I want to think that the video game stuff was forced in to get it put up on a video game website and that they'd prefer it to have less video games in it.

If it winds up getting incredibly savage towards the concept of video games in a way that pisses of the viewer base of The Escapist my theory will be confirmed.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

PleasingFungus posted:

There's no mind control involved, though.

I just meant in general. It's not technically mind-control, but it's still mind-whammy bullshit, and once that's entered play you can't ever really truly trust your allies again, because who knows if and when they're using it? I was just referencing the cliche of "Bad Guy owns mind-control ray, lieutenant realizes that they've been mind-controlled after seven episodes of unwavering loyalty."

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
oh poo poo

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
daaaamn

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I'm getting real sick of King Radical, he should have just stabbed him to death two pages again and been done with it.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I think I've forgotten a plot point somewhere; why is Sam so reluctant to tell Fuzzy why he's freaked out now about Brain?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
oh poo poo

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
woah

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

7c Nickel posted:

I'm getting real sick of King Radical, he should have just stabbed him to death two pages again and been done with it.

Well good news, because this chapter is about putting the King Radical plot line to rest. It's the end of the comic.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

7c Nickel posted:

Doc's bad at the "stealthy assassination" part of being a ninja, he completely falls for letting the villain explain his plot, back and forth banter, etc.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Well good news, because this chapter is about putting the King Radical plot line to rest. It's the end of the comic.

Very true. Honestly the fact that it's ending is why I'm still reading day to day and not just catching up every six months. I'm so tired of King Radical but I'm willing to wait it out to see it wrap up in real time.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Now just watch, after King Radical is dead and Doc is stranded in the Radical Lands this will all end with him being crowned the new King Radical. :tinfoil:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Even better: The doc dies, killing radical in the process. Chuck arrives just as the final showdown concludes. While he's scratching his head wondering what the gently caress, little tattoo-hummingbirds flit down and put "MOST RAD!" on his hands. And thus, the circle is complete. :v:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
So in Demon, I think Hunter just won.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Brought To You By posted:

And we're only 71% into the comic. gently caress knows what else Shiga is gonna pull out if his rear end.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh.

Well time for Jimmy to systematically murder everyone.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

SlothfulCobra posted:

Does anyone read Erin Dies Alone on The Escapist? It's kind of a darker spinoff of Critical Miss, but they're taking the schtick where Erin hallucinates videogame characters more seriously.

For a person who apparently has been locked in self-imposed isolation for months, and subsists entirely on Hot Pockets, Erin appears to be in remarkably good physical condition.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

SynthOrange posted:

Oh.

Well time for Jimmy to systematically murder everyone.

Most likely. Unless Shiga doesn't pull a double bait-and-switch, which, let's face it, he pretty much won't by now.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Demon is pretty much :regd08: the comic isn't it.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Pavlov posted:

Demon is pretty much :regd08: the comic isn't it.

I don't understand how a demon can be killed. It was probably explained in the comic but it still escapes me.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If the closest person to a demon when the demon dies is another demon, then the demon that died dies permanently. Demon.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

7c Nickel posted:

The issue with Radical is that it wasn't really clear for a long time that he was the true story-long plot of McNinja rather than a transient villain that just kept loving going, so we all kept going 'is that it for- no? Again?' over and over until we were sick of it.

Brought To You By posted:

Just caught up with Demon. Didn't Gellman say it was possible for a demon to duplicate themselves? I figure that's where we're going.

Also, I love Hunter's incredibly stupid plan. Replace every democratically-elected leader of the future world with a person happy to ruthlessly and first-handedly murder a dozen people to reach that position and think that this somehow leads to lasting peace.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Oct 22, 2015

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Demon's less an actual coherent story and more of a mythbusters-style thought exercise with a loose narrative to connect the various stunts, all three major characters are basically the author expositing directly to the audience with very little attempts to obfuscate that.

Like it's a fun read, but picking apart its narrative is kind of pointless

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Rei_ posted:

Demon's less an actual coherent story and more of a mythbusters-style thought exercise with a loose narrative to connect the various stunts, all three major characters are basically the author expositing directly to the audience with very little attempts to obfuscate that.

Like it's a fun read, but picking apart its narrative is kind of pointless

It's basically MacGuyver but with bodies instead of duct tape.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I think I've forgotten a plot point somewhere; why is Sam so reluctant to tell Fuzzy why he's freaked out now about Brain?

He's gotten into the habit of keeping secrets from everyone, and he's gotten out of the habit of trusting (or liking) Fuzzy.

Also, I think, Sam's not at all confident that Brain actually is Fridge (as opposed to just doing a good impression to spook Sam), & so doesn't want to say anything on the subject until he has more solid information.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
Demon is basically a big rip-off of a 10-year-old Sam & Fuzzy plotline, in a certain sense.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Sleepless Domain: Yeah not gonna mince words here. If this is Gwen's sum total contribution to the story then I'm out.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

The latest thrilling chapter of Demon has started today. It was kicked off with a comment from Shiga, himself.

quote:

Hey everyone! Jason Shiga here! Just wanted to drop in and give you all a little warning about this chapter.

I don't want to give too much away but it could make issue 15 look like a cake walk by comparison. It might not even a comic in the McCloudian sense of the word. But for me, one of the most rewarding pleasures of dipping my toe into this webcomics world has been getting the opportunity to try some really challenging and experimental ideas that would never ever ever fly with a traditional publisher (probably for good reason). I like to think I deliver on all the goods so to speak but I guess that's for you to decide.

I wouldn't blame you if you can't take it, in which case you might just want to come back November 11 when the chapter's all over. But thanks to everyone for sticking with me so far and I hope you continue to enjoy Demon. It is YOU, my readers, who've kept me going and turned this project from a modest webcomic with 76 followers into the publishing juggernaut that it is today.

And this is how I repay you. Bwahahahaha!

Up till now, we've endured cum knives, convoluted plans of every sort, skyscraper-skydive battles that lasted for ages, cum farts, and all sorts of things. What the hell could Shiga possibly throw at this thing that would make him think we "couldn't take it"?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Scene: Hunter is standing in a darkened booth. He is hunched over a table, writing on a small slip of paper.

Zoom in closer, we can't quite make out what he's writing, is it some nefarious master plan? Is it a death warrant?

Pan over Hunter's shoulder. We can now read what's on the paper. At the top the words VOTER REGISTRATION FORM are clearly printed. Further down there is a checked off box, next to it a cartoon elephant.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

MikeJF posted:

Also, I love Hunter's incredibly stupid plan. Replace every democratically-elected leader of the future world with a person happy to ruthlessly and first-handedly murder a dozen people to reach that position and think that this somehow leads to lasting peace.

They were talking about non-suicide demonic transfers earlier, the 33 day rule.

It's still a stupid as gently caress plan, but it might not involve chain suicides up to the leader level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
That does raise a bit of a question--if a demon possesses someone, and leaves non-lethally,do they just kind of pop back into control of their body?

• Locked thread