Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

All you scotch guys drink the stuff straight right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Carbon Thief posted:

That's a super cool purchase. I would love to buy my mom season tickets for her favourite team, but she's a Leafs fan. :negative:

There's a 20+ year waiting list to buy from the team, and if you want to buy someone's "licence" (i.e. right of first refusal for particular seats' season tickets), they're around $70,000 for 300-level ones.

Setting 70K alight and basking in the warmth is a better use of that money. I love how even attending a Leafs game with free loving tickets is easily $100 per person.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

colas posted:

No way it needs a lot of 7-up to be good.

Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

I have brained my damage.

colas posted:

I actually drink mine neat. Ice waters it down too much for my liking.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

A ticket to see this in IMAX 3D on 12/17, as they surprisingly were not all sold out yet! :dance:

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

A ticket to see this in IMAX 3D on 12/17, as they surprisingly were not all sold out yet! :dance:

I bought tickets for the seven film marathon going on in my city. 4am-8pm. Going to be a looong day.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I bought a bunch of these.

Yesterday.

Definitely my favorite purchase of the year so far.

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable

Saddamnit posted:

I actually drink mine neat. Ice waters it down too much for my liking.

Depends on the whisky, a little water and a few blocks if ice normally. The peatier it is the more I tend to dilute it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

colas posted:

Ragequit posted:

No way it needs a lot of 7-up to be good.

And a splash of ketchup.

Seriously though. I drink it neat. on the rocks if it has that horrible rubbing alcohol kick.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Neat, maybe a teaspoon of water depending on the whisky.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Why isn't Luke on the poster?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Maybe he is :tinfoil:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

rockcity posted:

I bought tickets for the seven film marathon going on in my city. 4am-8pm. Going to be a looong day.

You could always skip out on 6 hours of it.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Yesterday.

seems like you bought at a good time

i recently bought a couple of big chunks of some mutual funds and index funds that are geared towards steady growth or so im told, im not much of a trader myself

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but can someone recommend a white noise machine? I've gotten so used to falling asleep to the sound of my (window) AC unit that after I took it out after the summer I can't sleep. I tried a fan, but I think a white noise machine would be perfect.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

RCarr posted:

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but can someone recommend a white noise machine? I've gotten so used to falling asleep to the sound of my (window) AC unit that after I took it out after the summer I can't sleep. I tried a fan, but I think a white noise machine would be perfect.

I picked this up for my kids when they were infants and it seems to work pretty well. The sounds aren't crystal clear (although might be better now - mine is 4 years old) but it gets the job done for the price.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

RCarr posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Marpac-DOHM-D...noise+generator

I own one of these. You can adjust the pitch and noise level. Compact and worked for me on trips.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
I impulse-bought a Russian SKS in Canadian Tire last week. . . because. . . it was cheapish?

Already stripped it, cleaned it, and put a layer of Poly over the furniture so it doesn't smell like cosmoline as much and leave stains on my shirts.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Blistex posted:

I impulse-bought a Russian SKS in Canadian Tire last week. . . because. . . it was cheapish?

Already stripped it, cleaned it, and put a layer of Poly over the furniture so it doesn't smell like cosmoline as much and leave stains on my shirts.

I'd give you poo poo about buying a rifle in a tire store, but, according to the ATF, I bought a rifle in a liquor store, so it's cool.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Sexual Lorax posted:

I'd give you poo poo about buying a rifle in a tire store, but, according to the ATF, I bought a rifle in a liquor store, so it's cool.

Is this wrong?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Did you call Canadian Tire a tire store? :argh::hf::canada:

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

VendaGoat posted:

Is this wrong?

No, but it still makes me smile every time I go by that store. Hunter S. Thompson would have approved.

Dick Trauma posted:

Did you call Canadian Tire a tire store? :argh::hf::canada:

It's right there in the name!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
They are very tired of this misconception.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

Tread lightly if you think otherwise.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Bip Roberts posted:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Canadian Tire is a hardware store but also a sporting goods store but also an automotive parts store but also apparently some of them are grocery stores, though there's none of those ones around here.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
sounds good

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
Based on this thread, I bought one of those Brentwood memory foam mattresses:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J0I8RQ2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

Best sleep ever. My back pain is receding quickly into the distance. It's firm, but you sink into it and the wool cover adds a lovely fluffiness. It was also fun to unroll and watch it poof up.

Holy crap, it's already $100 more than what I paid last week! WTF.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

kreyla posted:

Based on this thread, I bought one of those Brentwood memory foam mattresses:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J0I8RQ2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

Best sleep ever. My back pain is receding quickly into the distance. It's firm, but you sink into it and the wool cover adds a lovely fluffiness. It was also fun to unroll and watch it poof up.

Holy crap, it's already $100 more than what I paid last week! WTF.

I bought a similar mattress from Walmart Online last week. Identical specs, but $239 on sale for a king sized mattress.
We got it a few days ago and it feels weird when you first sit/lay on it. However, I can't remember the last times I've slept that comfortably. My wife agrees, so....
I guess for $239 I don't care too much if it doesn't last more than a couple of years.

Barrington
Oct 5, 2010

Mo' shekels
DREADBALL!!
X-TREME!!!

A futuristic, dicey-rolley, miniatures football game for 2 players which is seriously good fun. Currently half price on Mantic Games website, for the duration of the Rugby World Cup.
http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/dreadball-xtreme.html

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Yesterday.

Looks good I think I will buy some too!

Eternal Hobo
Nov 7, 2008

RCarr posted:

I have one of these and love the little thing. Has about 20 different variations of fan and static noises but I mainly stick to the lower industrial fan sound. It's really portable too if you travel much.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JU8P8VY?keywords=lectro%20fan&qid=1445648167&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Bip Roberts posted:

In the past few years they actually had to do a bit of marketing to remind people that you can actually buy tires there, as everyone now assumes it's a hardware/sportswear/kitchen/lawn/lighting. . . .

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Barrington posted:

DREADBALL!!
X-TREME!!!

I thought it was a video card from this picture.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Bip Roberts posted:

video card was my first guess too

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Canadian Tire was Canadian Walmart before Walmart became Canadian Walmart.

Yet somehow even worse. Someone on reddit posted this from today, wtf

Also I bought Assassin's Creed because I am not very smart

Eccles
Feb 6, 2010

RCarr posted:

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but can someone recommend a white noise machine?

If you have Spotify on your phone then you already have one. There are several white noise, rainfall, etc. albums available. Other streaming music services probably have similar.

Barrington
Oct 5, 2010

Mo' shekels

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

video card was my first guess too

Bip Roberts posted:

Actually, 'like the box art of a graphics card' is a pretty good description of the mood and environment of the game.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Eccles posted:

If you have Spotify on your phone then you already have one. There are several white noise, rainfall, etc. albums available. Other streaming music services probably have similar.

There are also weather sound apps like Storm Sim which I use on occasion to chill me out. It has a million and one variables and is a really great little app. I think someone on SA made it??

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/storm-sim/id412747250?mt=8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Reverse Centaur posted:

Canadian Tire was Canadian Walmart before Walmart became Canadian Walmart.

Yet somehow even worse. Someone on reddit posted this from today, wtf

Also I bought Assassin's Creed because I am not very smart

Ah yes the Canadian anal bead aisle.