Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

From a page or so back, but seeing this in the middle of all the cartoons namedropping the Benghazi victims makes me wonder if anyone has done a cartoon pointing out that hypocrisy. Something like an elephant jumping on the victims' graves while yelling about not using tragedies to push political agendas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
As much as I agree that the gif/animation in Telnaes' cartoons doesn't really add anything to her one scene portrayals, I don't think it really costs her anything either, and she probably just enjoys her art that much to throw it in regardless.

Certainly I'd rather have that than whatever low-effort shitpile we get from the usual suspects.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

This is probably the most factual "Benghazi" comic in recent months. Republicans know it's doing about as much to sway Dem voters as pissing in the wind, but they really just wanna stick it to Hillary in any way they can.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Bloodnose posted:

I'm pretty sure they're door handles but they look like military epaulets.

The originator of the quote was General Sherman so yes, they are supposed to be epaulettes.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
It's strange how few comics there have been about the Canadian election. Or are people just not posting them?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

DemonTrigger posted:

From a page or so back, but seeing this in the middle of all the cartoons namedropping the Benghazi victims makes me wonder if anyone has done a cartoon pointing out that hypocrisy. Something like an elephant jumping on the victims' graves while yelling about not using tragedies to push political agendas.

It is kind of weird. I know super conservatives are incapable of being self aware enough for irony, but you would think that at least some cartoonist would jump at the obvious hypocrisy.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Holy gently caress, switch from scotch to bleach, you turdchewing waste of carbon.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

roughly accurate as I understand it

:stare::ohdear::f5:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

None of the Benghazi Committee guys have accidentally lopped each others' arms or fingers off, so, it's not quite accurate. But it's pretty close.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

loquacius posted:

Exact opposite actually.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Somfin posted:

None of the Benghazi Committee guys have accidentally lopped each others' arms or fingers off, so, it's not quite accurate. But it's pretty close.

Replace their swords with pool noodles and replace Hillary's sword with a gun labeled "Truth". I'll take my Pulitzer now thank you.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mo_Steel posted:

Replace their swords with pool noodles and replace Hillary's sword with a gun labeled "Truth". I'll take my Pulitzer now thank you.

Korner Kelly: Raiders of the Lost FART

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

loquacius posted:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

https://youtu.be/O9J1INLXJNY?t=1h20m33s

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Mo_Steel posted:

Stick a dead Blair and a dead Kevin McCarthy in the corner.

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007
Haha I just noticed Muir went "I need a new female character. C+P Waifu, change hair colour to orange, and... done!"

Stevoblunt
Mar 12, 2008

Infinitely better than anything Muir ever wrote.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

On one hand, that mans head is shaped like a bowling ball.

On the other hand, its Jarlsburg, so I assume hes being a racist rear end in a top hat here.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So did she learn everything from Bubba, or did he learn everything from her? :tinfoil:

The next 8 years are gonna be a wild ride :munch:

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
"Ahh yes Trey Gowdy being of normal head shape and not looking like an extra from the hills have eyes would totally be thinking of sick head shape burns for that ni..."

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jerusalem posted:

So did she learn everything from Bubba, or did he learn everything from her? :tinfoil:
She learned this particular move from Obama.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I really like the fourth panel for some reason. It's a good summation of where headlines come from.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

This is my favorite thing

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Somfin posted:

As much as I'd like to believe that, polls say most repubs think the hearings are valid, about half of indies, and almost no democrats. The hearing isn't going to be the Hillary-damaging thing they want it to be, but I doubt it's going to hurt them much either. It's just inconsequential and a waste of time.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

An Implicit Admission Of Defeat From Stilton Jarlsberg

"Yeah, well... that guy's head looks funny. :mad:"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Please tell me he's going to keep doing these until Halloween.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Sir Tonk posted:

Please tell me he's going to keep doing these until Halloween.

You mean, until November 14?

WingsOfSteel
Nov 13, 2007

Even Dr. Octopus can learn something from the Internet!

thought the bowling pin.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

alnilam posted:

As much as I'd like to believe that, polls say most repubs think the hearings are valid, about half of indies, and almost no democrats. The hearing isn't going to be the Hillary-damaging thing they want it to be, but I doubt it's going to hurt them much either. It's just inconsequential and a waste of time.

I actually asked my parents about the investigations as they're pretty moderate Republicans (i.e. "I have zero problem with gay marriage, but we still need to defend marriage to keep people from living out the plot to I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry"), and when I asked what the administration even could have done, my dad made waffling noises about Hillary's conduct after the fact. So yeah this is really an extension of the soundbite politics surrounding "What difference does it make?"

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Trey Gowdy: maybe not the best person to use to criticize how somebody's head looks

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Until I saw the watermark, I thought the joke was that Gowdy looks like an loony head-collecting serial killer straight from central casting.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

"Yeah, we looked like howling monkeys at the Benghazi hearing, but LOL AT ELIJAH CUMMINGS BEING BALD HA HA DEMS SUCK."

The 2015 GOP, everyone!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Yes, and...yes. Nice cartoon, Bok!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Lester obviously didn't bother to look up what Blumenthal looks like and just drew Snidely Whiplash without the mustache.

• Locked thread