Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK well I'm not the fantasy football police. I just saw something that looked like a red flag to me and wanted you to be aware of how it looked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
I'm riding with Eli until the Tyrod Train(tm) returns to service. This after Romo went down.

"I should've drafted Dalton when I had the chance." - things I never thought I'd say 2015 edition

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
So it seems that Carlos Hyde told a reporter from the Sacramento Bee edit: a the sideline reporter that he has a stress fracture in his foot and I'm leaning strongly towards stashing Mike Davis at the bottom of my bench before tip-off. Anyone want to join me?

spacejung fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 23, 2015

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Uhhhh. I think I just turned Matthews(WR) and Hill into Alshon who would be a keeper.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

LmaoTheKid posted:

Uhhhh. I think I just turned Matthews(WR) and Hill into Alshon who would be a keeper.

Jordan or Rishard? Either way, seems good for you. But also makes me remember the preseason wistfully, when I would've laughed at you for trading either Hill or Matthews for Jeffery, ha.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

RVProfootballer posted:

Jordan or Rishard? Either way, seems good for you. But also makes me remember the preseason wistfully, when I would've laughed at you for trading either Hill or Matthews for Jeffery, ha.

Jordan. Goddammit there are too many Matthews in this league.

I'll also be riding Cutty and Flacco ROS so there's potential to double dip.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Should I drop Kendall Wright for Jordan Matthews on waivers? Somebody dropped him for Stephon Diggs, who I didn't have the priority to grab.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Cavauro posted:

Should I drop Kendall Wright for Jordan Matthews on waivers? Somebody dropped him for Stephon Diggs, who I didn't have the priority to grab.

Yep

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Thanks. I wanted to be sure he's not freshly in the doghouse after the last game or something because he gets enough targets to break through the lack of production sooner or later.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Maybe if Russell Wilson got some pussy he wouldn't play like one.

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?
Should I play Maclin against the bad Steelers defense, or Allen Hurns because the Bills always guard the #1 receiver and ignore the #2?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
I just traded away Jeremy Hill and a 10th round draft pick next year for Devonta Freeman.

I'll miss you, Jeremy. I still think you'll turn it around. :(

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Cavauro posted:

Thanks. I wanted to be sure he's not freshly in the doghouse after the last game or something because he gets enough targets to break through the lack of production sooner or later.

He is fine. Riley is the only other proven wr. He is in a slump but other than the drops looks like a good wr2.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
No one commented on it but I traded Doug Martin and Golden Tate for Alshon Jefferey in 0.5 PPR in a 12 team league. This leaves me with the following:

Matt Ryan
Todd Gurley
Lamar Miller
Antonio Brown
Alshon Jefferey
Mark Ingram
Tyler Eifert
Streaming D
Hauschka

Dion Lewis
Stevie Johnson
Davante Adams
Kamar Aiken

I feel like this is a solid lineup for a 12 team and want to know if there are any weaknesses I should be looking to improve upon.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Franks Happy Place posted:

I just traded away Jeremy Hill and a 10th round draft pick next year for Devonta Freeman.

I'll miss you, Jeremy. I still think you'll turn it around. :(

Never look back. Good trade.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

So that JMatt/Hill for Alshon trade was just kicking around last night over text. He said he wanted to sleep on it but he was down. Do I just leave it be or casually officially propose the trade today or wait? Christ I feel like I'm asking a girl to prom in high school.

I don't want to look desperate and Alshon is on bye but at the same time I'm worried maybe someone gets hurt this weekend and I don't really want to risk waiting too long. Neither hill or JMatt are in my starting lineup so I can site Ashy, easily.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

LmaoTheKid posted:

So that JMatt/Hill for Alshon trade was just kicking around last night over text. He said he wanted to sleep on it but he was down. Do I just leave it be or casually officially propose the trade today or wait? Christ I feel like I'm asking a girl to prom in high school.

I don't want to look desperate and Alshon is on bye but at the same time I'm worried maybe someone gets hurt this weekend and I don't really want to risk waiting too long. Neither hill or JMatt are in my starting lineup so I can site Ashy, easily.

He already knows you want to make the trade, you formally offering it isn't going to change his mind. Go for it!

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
My 0-6 selloff project continues.

Traded my Luck (can't keep) and Vereen for Gurley (5th round keeper) and Carr (8th round keeper in a 2 QB league). Not sure if I'll actually hold onto Carr next season but :feelsgood:

Now I've got an offer to send my Lacy in exchange for ARob and Kelvin Benjamin. I can't hold on to Lacy and both of those guys would only cost me 11th and 12th round picks. Mash?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Murmur Twin posted:

He already knows you want to make the trade, you formally offering it isn't going to change his mind. Go for it!

Thanks. Looks like he's going to accept!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Mikey Purp posted:

Traded my Luck (can't keep) and Vereen for Gurley (5th round keeper) and Carr (8th round keeper in a 2 QB league). Not sure if I'll actually hold onto Carr next season but :feelsgood:

Now I've got an offer to send my Lacy in exchange for ARob and Kelvin Benjamin. I can't hold on to Lacy and both of those guys would only cost me 11th and 12th round picks. Mash?

Yep, that's phenomenal value. How many can you keep? Carr will almost certainly be worth an 8th after all the other guys keep their good values, and the other three are also no brainers.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I need some DST help this week in my Dynasty league.

I have Detroit and Oakland with GB on bye. I'm debating dropping Detroit because I like Oaklands defense and think they have better youth than the Lions, but I'm open to dropping either.

I can pick up:

Cleveland
Dallas
Jax
Kansas City
New Orleans
San Diego
Tampa
Tennessee

Who do I play for just this week?

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

Mikey Purp posted:

Don't these kinds of selloffs dramatically alter the picture for the teams still competing for playoffs this year? I guess people would veto if any of the trades were ridiculous but still..

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

I need some DST help this week in my Dynasty league.

I have Detroit and Oakland with GB on bye. I'm debating dropping Detroit because I like Oaklands defense and think they have better youth than the Lions, but I'm open to dropping either.

I can pick up:

Cleveland
Dallas
Jax
Kansas City
New Orleans
San Diego
Tampa
Tennessee

Who do I play for just this week?

Post who their opponents are. Also both those defenses are totally fine to drop, stash someone more useful.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Freezer posted:

Don't these kinds of selloffs dramatically alter the picture for the teams still competing for playoffs this year? I guess people would veto if any of the trades were ridiculous but still..

That's one of the best parts of keeper leagues is deciding if trading away your future is worth it to win now.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Post who their opponents are. Also both those defenses are totally fine to drop, stash someone more useful.

Sure thing, sorry for not doing it the first time.

Det vs Minn
Oak @SD

Cleveland @StLou
Dallas @NYG
Jax vs Buf (london)
Kansas City vs Pit
New Orleans @Ind
San Diego vs Oak
Tampa @Was
Tennessee vs Atl

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Det vs Minn
Oak @SD

Cleveland @StLou
Dallas @NYG
Jax vs Buf (london)
Kansas City vs Pit
New Orleans @Ind
San Diego vs Oak
Tampa @Was
Tennessee vs Atl

I'd probably go for Cleveland, but Gurley is going to gash them on the ground. Jax isn't an awful choice with no Tyrod. Probably between those two for me. Not sure who rankings/QOTD recommend.

E: Lotta bad options according to rankings, hah http://www.borischen.co/2014/10/weekly-dst.html?m=1

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Charles Johnson is practicing ahead of Diggs apparently :lol:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

I'd probably go for Cleveland, but Gurley is going to gash them on the ground. Jax isn't an awful choice with no Tyrod. Probably between those two for me. Not sure who rankings/QOTD recommend.

E: Lotta bad options according to rankings, hah http://www.borischen.co/2014/10/weekly-dst.html?m=1

Haha Yeah I felt they were all bad options too. I think I'll drop both Det and Oak and pickup Jax and Cle and just cry as a I flip coins.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Freezer posted:

I mean, I don't think either of these trades are lopsided in a vacuum, let alone in the context of a keeper league. Luck's and Lacy's lovely play is the whole reason that I'm in this position to begin with. And like LmaoTheKid said, the system is set up so that any owner has the option to go all in on a win now team, but it's also balanced so that they wouldn't be able to keep most, if any, of those pieces into next season.

MacheteZombie posted:

Det vs Minn
Oak @SD

Cleveland @StLou
Dallas @NYG
Jax vs Buf (london)
Kansas City vs Pit
New Orleans @Ind
San Diego vs Oak
Tampa @Was
Tennessee vs Atl

I'd *gulp* go with Jax. Cleveland seems like a trap game. Between the STL front seven shutting down the Browns offense, and Todd Gurley running rabid, I see Cleveland's D spending a lot of time on the field getting gashed on the ground. Jax-Buf also has the lowest Vegas line this week, I believe.

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

Should I trade Rishard Matthews for Danny Woodhead? One RB, two WR and one flex lineup, 0.5 PPR. My lineup:

RB1: Lamar Miller
RB/WR: Latavius Murray
WR1: Brandon Marshall
WR2: Allen Hurns
BN: Mike Evans
BN: Rishard Matthews
BN: Tayvon Austin
BN: Ted Ginn Jr
BN: Charles Sims

I'm deep in WR2 so I can spare one but I can only start two RBs and I'm not sure if it's worth it, and I'm worried Miami is turning around and Rishard could be better to keep as WR2.

Also unsure of my WR2 for week 7:

Allen Hurns v Buf
Rishard Matthews v Hou

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

LmaoTheKid posted:

Charles Johnson is practicing ahead of Diggs apparently :lol:

Just came here to post this. Coach speak?

quote:

Stefon Diggs ran as the Vikings' No. 4 receiver, behind Charles Johnson, at practice Thursday.
In the same drills Wednesday, Diggs was with the starters, ahead of Johnson. The coaching staff flipped the script Thursday with Johnson returning to form from a ribs injury, and OC Norv Turner cautioned outsiders to "slow down" before anointing the rookie a starter. "He's got a lot of work to do," Turner said. "He had an opportunity because of injury, he came in and made the most of it." With that injured player back, Diggs could be headed back to a sub-package role.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
It's me. The guy in the dark world of starting Sims and CMike. It's a scary world.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Didn't have it answered a few pages ago, but how is trading draft picks handled in ESPN? I read that it's a setting that needs to be enabled but I don't see it in my league rules (I"m not commish). Do you have to trade an even number of picks so that each player still drafts the same number of people? Or does it just get rid of your later picks in favor of earlier ones?

How do I determine value of draft picks when blowing up my 0-6 team? I want to set myself up for next year without making people pissed that certain people got some of my good players.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

There is a commish option to enable it. You might have to set the league as a keeper league?

And yes, you always have to exchange an equal number of picks.

Example: You want to trade LeVeon Bell for a first round pick next year. You'd send Bell and your last round pick for next year, and you'd receive a first round pick for next year.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

RCarr posted:

There is a commish option to enable it. You might have to set the league as a keeper league?

And yes, you always have to exchange an equal number of picks.

Example: You want to trade LeVeon Bell for a first round pick next year. You'd send Bell and your last round pick for next year, and you'd receive a first round pick for next year.

Gotcha, thanks. My friends and I have played together for a few years but just switched to a keeper league this season. I imagine that the setting must not be enabled because I don't see anything about draft picks when I propose a trade to anyone.

e: quick googling seems to suggest that maybe draft picks can't be traded mid-season? Would we have to keep a log separately and then manually adjust things before next draft? This is on ESPN

Teeter fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 23, 2015

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Shath Hole posted:

We're only six weeks removed from everyone thinking Charles Johnson was going to have a breakout year, so it's not surprising that they want to make sure he has a full chance to show what he can do before they harm his development by benching him the first time he looks bad.

If I owned Diggs in a keeper/dynasty format, I'd be thrilled, but he's a rookie playing for a crusty coach. He's not going to do much this year as long as Johnson and Wallace are healthy, at least not until later in the year or another injury.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Hindsight is so 20/20 on the Bengals but I really should have seen that offense firing on all cylinders. They have two athletic RBs that are perfect complements to each other, a top tier offensive line, great receiving options in Eifert and Green, plus a lot of other weapons.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Shath Hole posted:

Well now Diggs is back with the first team, and Johnson isn't sooooooooooooooooo

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Someone at work told me Garrett officially named Randle the starter again.

HYPE TRAIN DERAILED?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Doltos posted:

Hindsight is so 20/20 on the Bengals but I really should have seen that offense firing on all cylinders. They have two athletic RBs that are perfect complements to each other, a top tier offensive line, great receiving options in Eifert and Green, plus a lot of other weapons.

I was thinking the same thing with one other thought. Half of their offense was injured last year. Logically, if that entire offense was healthy, it should have been formidable.

• Locked thread