Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I was hoping to have my good laptop fixed in time for this but what the hell, let's see how the backup handles it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Ok, revenant seems fun. Especially with gimmick zerg-support ventari build. Moving the tablet around on its 2-second cooldown makes runes with on healing skill effects seem fun, even if they're not strictly optimal. Really wish I could run Glint as the second legend, though.

Salvation + Retribution + Herald, Glint and Ventari legends, Minstrel gear, hammer and staff. gently caress you zerg, I'm healing you whether you like it or not.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

PLease lay down your favorite Rev condition build.
I didn't get much play in the beta but I boosted mine to 80 already :)

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just spent few hours around the jungle and I'm loving it! Gliding is pretty fun.

Still have no clue what I am doing most of the time.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Oh my god you guys, I HAVE to get that fishing rod longbow for Fat Hobo. It's literally perfect.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

You can't bind skill 2 to right mouse in action camera mode, this expansion is garbage.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Fixed an issue that prevented P4F players from exiting the mad king labyrinth.

Now that would have been a great feature.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
I've got one of them fancy mice, so I've got the mousewheel that you can click left and right on. I have those set up for skill two and three, other two buttons for four and five. Shift middle mouse for heal, Ctrl Middle mouse for weapons swap. Q and E for seven and eight, x for nine, f for elite. z and c for f1 and f2, Shift z, x, c for f3, f4, and f5. G for interact. Works well for me. combo's get kind of messed up sometimes, but I don't play that much to have it all down to muscle memory yet.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

BobTheJanitor posted:

You can't bind skill 2 to right mouse in action camera mode, this expansion is garbage.

Yep. It's nice they finally put the free camera mode in but it's pointless without dodge on RMB for me.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Harrow posted:

I said earlier I want the Chronomancer runes, and I do, but weirdly enough I think they might actually be better on Necromancer, since Chronomancer can give out a good amount of Quickness as it is.

Scrapper runes would also work well for a tanky Reaper build, since you're going to be in the thick of combat. The stats are the same, anyway.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Anyone know why dye prices are falling off a cliff?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Erdricks posted:

Anyone know why dye prices are falling off a cliff?

I'm wondering if Anet has upped drops on dyes since you can salvage them now.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I speculated on the Electro market.

Gonna eat my gun.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

flosofl posted:

Dyes are salvageable? Into what?

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

^Pigments, go ctrl+f for dye on the patch notes

flosofl posted:

Maybe they made dyes able to drop again, after they restricted them in the wardrobe update.

It's taken me 45 minutes to get to a mere 100,000 files remaining and I haven't seen it moving faster that single digit kb/s in 20 of those, hooray

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Can I get the mad king out fit with this Halloween event?

LonelyKing
Feb 2, 2003

Fun Shoe

SlothBear posted:

Fixed an issue that prevented P4F players from exiting the mad king labyrinth.

Now that would have been a great feature.

Hahahaha yes. A great introduction to the Mad King for new players.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Illuyankas posted:

^Pigments, go ctrl+f for dye on the patch notes

Maybe they made dyes able to drop again, after they restricted them in the wardrobe update.

It's taken me 45 minutes to get to a mere 100,000 files remaining and I haven't seen it moving faster that single digit kb/s in 20 of those, hooray

It could be worse, you could have the patcher repeatedly crash within seconds of opening it with 70k files remaining. :smith:

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code
Is there a tool that lets you setup a fake character and equip it with different stat combos to see what the resulting player stats will be?

TOMMY PROVOLONE
Jul 30, 2014

I am the sun. The moon.

flosofl posted:

I think this is the case. I got a lot of dyes from just opening the loot bags you get from Living Story.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Attention : Any Revenant who uses Mallyx, you are completely immune to conditions forever if you take the tier 1 trait that gives you resistance every time you use a Mallyx skill.

How so do you ask?

Just spam toggle on/off the Mallyx elite that has no activation cost.

lel.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Can you play the new profession right away when you buy the expansion?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

treizebee posted:

Attention : Any Revenant who uses Mallyx, you are completely immune to conditions forever if you take the tier 1 trait that gives you resistance every time you use a Mallyx skill.

How so do you ask?

Just spam toggle on/off the Mallyx elite that has no activation cost.

lel.

This wouldn't have happened if Anet had a test server.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
God drat the expansion is so loving grindy :argh:

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Holyshoot posted:

Can you play the new profession right away when you buy the expansion?

Yeah. The expansion is all-encompassing. If you buy it, you have everything.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Aesis posted:

How so? Is it grindy in an "the expansion has been out for 12 hours, why don't I have max gliding yet?" kind of way, or in a more long-term, things-cost-way-too-loving-much way?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

CLAM DOWN posted:

This wouldn't have happened if Anet had a public test server.

Fixed it for you.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

Aesis posted:

Isn't this day 1? Did you have expect to unlock everything in a couple hours? They may change some of the values for things later or increase drops but overrall I'd rather have a bit of a grind in cool places like the jungle than dumb rear end level increases and gear treadmill. All of these mastery things will take a bit but I think it'll iron itself out over time, or else they'll screw over alts pretty hardcore.

Edit: vvvv oh gently caress it is. Then yeah I don't care a whole lot.

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 23, 2015

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't know how it could screw over alts since the mastery stuff is account-bound

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I thought the mastery system was account wide

LonelyKing
Feb 2, 2003

Fun Shoe

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i don't know how it could screw over alts since the mastery stuff is account-bound

Yep. The only thing that sucks for alts is getting the bajillion hero points to fully unlock the elite spec. But I guess that probably won't be as bad when you do finally get all the masteries maxed

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Its just F&F, non-set, and UDs that are plummeting. Are F&F dyes dropping in the new LS content too?

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Take your time and enjoy playing the game that took thousands of man hours to create, my friends.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I don't know if I like that auto-target AOE yet. For example napalm has to be tied to a target, otherwise... ? But it seems practical in 1v1 pvp, where you can run circles and not really bother with targeting.

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.
armor and weapons from the actual game instead of your wallet:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3px5h0/look_at_the_new_awesome_collections_including/

Bladed armor is amazingly over-the-top, Leystone armor looks awful, more meh glowy weapons.

e: I'm the skull mask with razor blades taped to the front

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
How's everyone enjoying HoT? Lost power last night so this stupid loving thing didn't finish while I slept and I still have Warhammer to DL to. :argh:

I did manage to get while it was playable at least and put my staff on, FINALLY I can use my super staff skin on a character I actually want to play. :w00t:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

a-net continuing the proud tradition of ugly-rear end female armor that focuses entirely on the chest armor or lack thereof

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

a-net continuing the proud tradition of ugly-rear end female armor that focuses entirely on the chest armor or lack thereof

What, you don't want your bare boobs out beneath some metal neck spikes?

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

I was introduced to agar.io last night during downtime and apparently played it for 8 hours. Uhhhhhh, how about that xpac?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Aesis posted:

ShadowMar posted:

STOP!
SLOW DOWN!
PAY ATTENTION TO
THE STORY!