Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Abu Dave posted:

Songs that are fun and cool:

Chop Suey
Bulls on Parade
the one iwth the sad clown

That's Courtney Barnett.

Also: Whirring by The Joy Formidable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

when do the good songs get added to this game

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I played Lust for Life earlier, that's pretty good

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I like a lot of the songs.

It's almost as if people have different tastes in music.

Weird.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
There's some song by a metalcore band called Oceans Eat Alaska or something thats really fun to play.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Meanwhile I regret to inform you the song titled "Coconut Dracula" is, in fact, dogshit

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The girl pop band has the only set I like in the campaign :shobon:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

There's some song by a metalcore band called Oceans Eat Alaska or something thats really fun to play.

I like playing the metalcore songs and pretending I'm a crab

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Is there any Hatebeak on GHTV? This is important to determine how quickly I run out to get this game.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Is anyone else missing a lot of notes that you know you are actually hitting? I notice it mainly on ghtv

Vildiil
Dec 16, 2003
Stuff

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Is anyone else missing a lot of notes that you know you are actually hitting? I notice it mainly on ghtv

I was but I did the auto calibrate poo poo like 5 times on a song I know I won't miss on and eventually it felt right...

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Vildiil posted:

I was but I did the auto calibrate poo poo like 5 times on a song I know I won't miss on and eventually it felt right...

I'll have to try that. Also does anyone else's hero power activate pretty much immediately after they get it? No guitar tilt or button press needed

I think my guitar might suck

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also make sure you're not anyweres near the PS4 controller, because that uses Bluetooth and fucks with the guitar.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
I've read through the thread and still don't really understand how GHTV works. Can I get a song off of it and play it whenever I want offline? I ask this because I often am not in a position to have internet and do the GHTV thing (from what I understand) and would be really disappointed if I was limited to a very small pool of songs when playing offline. I'm still on the fence about which one I want to buy (not getting both).

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

smertrioslol posted:

I've read through the thread and still don't really understand how GHTV works. Can I get a song off of it and play it whenever I want offline? I ask this because I often am not in a position to have internet and do the GHTV thing (from what I understand) and would be really disappointed if I was limited to a very small pool of songs when playing offline. I'm still on the fence about which one I want to buy (not getting both).

Nope. You can choose a song and play it whenever, assuming you have enough credits for it, but you never actually download it to your system, it's just being streamed.

Also, the set with Eminem and Skrillex made me hate this loving game. How stupid.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Nope. You can choose a song and play it whenever, assuming you have enough credits for it, but you never actually download it to your system, it's just being streamed.

Also, the set with Eminem and Skrillex made me hate this loving game. How stupid.

The eminem song is complete garbage to play and listen to but the skrillex song is actually really fun to play despite being not so good a song

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Seriously how do you take apart the guitar? This is stupid.

Also my critique on the story mode. They missed a huge opportunity here. Playing as a different band every set is kind of dumb. They could have had you start at the bottom and play a tiny local club with 10-15 people at it, and then keep getting bigger and bigger until you are doing that huge festival show where you were all nervous ahead of time. They kind of dropped the ball imo

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
https://twitter.com/kaboobi/status/658012242147962880

rofl

(Hope u don't mind Kaboobi)

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh nooooo a game has levelling up the horror

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Seriously how do you take apart the guitar? This is stupid.

Doesn't the instructions for assembling the guitar say "YOU CAN NEVER TAKE IT APART EVER"? Unless thats only true for the Wii U guitar....

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I guess that settles which one I'm going to buy.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I just find it insane that you can't get the highest scores possible unless you spend literally hundreds of hours of gameplay to unlock all of the guitar upgrades and then spend MORE coins on power ups for each time you play the song.

Also coins or cash to be able to play or practice specific songs.

The game is fun and all but holy hell it tries to suck money from you at every corner.

Miker525
Jan 2, 2011
Got the game the other day and it's been on pretty guitar hero TV pretty much since. My girlfriend loves it and can't get enough. I really like it too. I expected to enjoy rock band 4 like I always have but guitar hero won this round by far. It's really fun getting to essentially relearn how to play guitar kinda games. Rock band 4 was just so stale. GH is fresh and it's really nice. Plus I enjoy the set list way more. Plus the never ending songs in ghtv.

Honestly its so easy to get coins the powerup coin cost doesn't bother me at all. It's whatever. I wish plays were less coins but even still I already have over 60 banked and plenty of coins still in my bank.

My big concern is actually the guitar. I haven't needed to take it apart yet but when I eventually have to does it come apart? I'm surprised at how difficult it is so far and now I'm worried its not supposed to be disconnected. Any one have further ideas?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

How much does a song cost?

Also gently caress Canada; Like 140 right now.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
The guitar isn't supposed to come apart after assembly. That being said there are a billion YouTube videos showing how to use a flathead screwdriver to twist the triangle screw thing on the back to take the neck off.

KamikazeJim
Sep 15, 2006

oh fuck are you seeing this bomb man. ARE YOU SEEING THIS?
apparently the iOS version has GHTV but you can't rank up or earn coins, but they still expect you to use plays to play on demand songs, which means the only way to play them is to use real money. and that's after you've already spent the same 100bux for the bundle or $50 for the touch version iap.

L M A O

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
If you want to play the same song over and over on demand you done bought the wrong game. This one is for chilling out and having playlists fed to you.

The sooner everyone figures this out browsing internet discussions around guitar hero/rock band will improve greatly.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

GenericGirlName posted:

The guitar isn't supposed to come apart after assembly. That being said there are a billion YouTube videos showing how to use a flathead screwdriver to twist the triangle screw thing on the back to take the neck off.

One of the buttons stopped working so I just.. pulled the neck off and put it back. I didn't even use much force and it's working fine now, hope I didn't gently caress it up.

E: I think it wasn't put in properly in the first place though

Demicol fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Oct 26, 2015

quarkman
Feb 7, 2006

I'ma fucking KILL you Spuds Mackenzie
Ok the thread convinced me to buy this game. Expedited shipping from Amazon (they better ship my disk). Fuckin' stoked

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Got the game today, had a quick play with it. It's good, and I was the guy who was being all "wah it's different" before so yeah, get the game

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah this game is ace, but like said abocve you can't expect the ol dmodel of "Play this song anytime you want" altho I already have 40 plays and haven't put a dime into this game nor have bought additional plays with in game currency sooooo.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i want to buy this game really bad but dont own a console help

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

do you have an iPhone or iPad?
well then you're in luck!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i don't i am a dirty android-haver :(

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

then buy a console!

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
came in to ask if game was finally properly keysounded and i find out that they dont even have masters this time lol
enjoy your inferior guitarfreaks i guess

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
What's with the game having an arbitrary USB dongle like it's loving Buzz the TV Quiz again. They know that the Xbox One supports wireless controllers right

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The guitar is different and I hate it.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

The guitar is different and I think it's pretty fun!
I have many many issues with parts of the game especially many different aspects of GHTV but the guitar and new layout is not one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Is there no way to switch difficulties from within GHTV or am I just blind?

• Locked thread